One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cap charge.

The charge is up to 3 hundredths over the last three hours. The news is, the charging rate has doubled over that time span. The capacitor may come up to full charge at that kind exponential accumulation. This power is being generated motionlessly by four powerfull tube magnets inside the core of a bifilar coil with two leads tied in series. My photographer is scheduled to return monday afternoon for a second photo shoot. I'll be posting a series of new photos monday afternoon.
    Last edited by synchro; 08-07-2010, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• FlowerPower Device

Hello All,

I have been lurking and building for a couple months now, but I felt I should contribute back in true open source style, now that I have what I consider to be of interest. The following linked video shows my permutation of the OMNBB using a 24 point bifilar starship coil with a discrete high impedance generator coil operating at very high frequency, with upgraded components and some small additions. I call it the FlowerPower device. Without further ado:

http://gnuveau.net/pulse/fpdemo.avi

Sorry for not posting on youtube, but I prefer my own servers. Please feel free to archive a copy of the video for your convenience.

DMM is a fluke 23 model II, and scope is a Tek 465M for your reference.

*Note* mplayer on GNU/Linux seems to stream this ok, but it is on a site local IPv6 network. You may just want to download it. It might take a bit... this circuit is only 2megabit/sec upstream.

*Note2* I noticed some having problems due to speed upstream, so I am uploading to youtube. I will link it when it is complete. Sorry for any inconvenience.

*Note3* Uploaded to youtube at YouTube - ‪FlowerPower Device‬‎ for the convenience of the here assembled potentates of potential

Enjoy,
      Twinbeard
      Last edited by twinbeard; 08-07-2010, 07:51 AM. Reason: easier download of video
      "Anything the mind can conceive and believe, it CAN achieve." Napoleon Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by twinbeard View Post
        Hello All,

I have been lurking and building for a couple months now, but I felt I should contribute back in true open source style, now that I have what I consider to be of interest. The following linked video shows my permutation of the OMNBB using a 24 point bifilar starship coil with a discrete high impedance generator coil operating at very high frequency, with upgraded components and some small additions. I call it the FlowerPower device. Without further ado:

http://gnuveau.net/pulse/fpdemo.avi

Sorry for not posting on youtube, but I prefer my own servers. Please feel free to archive a copy of the video for your convenience.

DMM is a fluke 23 model II, and scope is a Tek 465M for your reference.

*Note* mplayer on GNU/Linux seems to stream this ok, but it is on a site local IPv6 network. You may just want to download it. It might take a bit... this circuit is only 2megabit/sec upstream.

*Note2* I noticed some having problems due to speed upstream, so I am uploading to youtube. I will link it when it is complete. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Enjoy,
        Twinbeard
        250 amps?
        have you tried hooking it to a plug and seeing what loads you can run off this?

Comment

• Originally posted by kazm View Post
          250 amps?
          have you tried hooking it to a plug and seeing what loads you can run off this?
          well, I can run a load off the capacitor bank. i have not tried a large load, only some high output leds. i wish i had a current probe and amp for the scope... i have a feeling that the power factor is way off, like there are serious phase shifts between the voltage and current.

in fact, i am sure it is out of phase... the thane heins effect essentially works out like this... you have a rotor going at high frequency, with a high impedance generator coil. parasitic capacitance make an electrostatic field of high voltage on the surface of the wire, but there is a minute phase delay in current (and hence, counter emf) in the actual wire of the coil, as the electostatic charge decays. this gives the rotor a chance to move out of the way before lenz can slow him down, and in certain cases, the phase shift will actually accelerate the rotor.

the other side of the coin is that that you are changing your power factor on the output also. my next task is to build thane's bi-toroid transformer as an output stage, and I am going to have to lower the frequency significantly... the max of 40Khz on the AC will not go well with most loads i can throw on it, i think.

now, don't get me wrong, it will bite the hell out of you if you touch the raw gen coil output, but at the same time, you can short the coil with no heat. i can also short it through a 1 ohm resistor, but it does not heat either. in fact, and this is only subjective "feel," but it feels colder. i suppose i could get a temp sensor and check that out, but i would rather isolate the motor off the solar array and onto a small battery, and try to use a thyristor to dump the caps into the run battery, and see if I can get a selfrunner

all in good time i guess...

cheers,
          twinbeard

Comment

• Twin,

nice work there

i think perhaps the Fluke meter is getting confused by the super high frequency maybe?

dont you have a 240V ( or 120V in your case ).standard light bulb that you could put on the cap bank?

keep it up

Comment

• Originally posted by rave154 View Post
              Twin,

nice work there

i think perhaps the Fluke meter is getting confused by the super high frequency maybe?

dont you have a 240V ( or 120V in your case ).standard light bulb that you could put on the cap bank?

keep it up
              thanx rave. it is entirely possible that the fluke is past its operational range there on freq. anyone else have a similar experience with high freq ac and dmms? since that is a possibility, i suppose i should get an analog panel meter to check it out with.

i have bulbs... old incandies, cfls (could probably light those w/o the step up circuit that comes in them), leds. once its past the full wave bridge rectifier, its dc at that point, and all i am really collecting is what is getting clipped off the top of the wave without a load connected. that being said, the cap bank charges up well... the highest i have pushed it was 315V.

i can light a neon savagely bright off the raw generator coil output, but that is all i have tried... my thinking was to build an output stage transformer and try to correct the power factor, so we can get a better true representation of the watts being produced.

cheers,
              twinbeard

Comment

• i guess the simplest way...would be to simply put a known load.across the caps......10 watt, 100 Ohm resistor.and measure the pure DC voltage across it

Comment

i guess the simplest way...would be to simply put a known load.across the caps......10 watt, 100 Ohm resistor.and measure the pure DC voltage across it
                  3.26VDC with a 100ohm 7W wirewound resistor in parallel with the cap bank, and I had to push the base resistance WAY down on the rheostat to get that.

also, Thane is adamant that the output of one of his regenerative coils needs to be fed into an inductive load, and from his tests his effect does not show when fed into a resistive load over an ohm or 10. this now becomes a strictly resistive load, but at much higher impedance, so we lose the heins effect.

to the directly aforementioned end, I replaced the 100ohm with a 1ohm 10W wirewound resistor, and got .04VDC... a little better than the 100ohm, and still with no heat.

with the caps and fwbr out of the circuit, and the coil shorted directly into the resistor, I get 4.1VAC across the 100 ohm resistor , and 4.4 across a 1 ohm.
                  and btw, that is the coldest 1 ohm resistor I have run across yet.

*addition* one more result... one wire illumination of a neon off the gen coil, with a 12" wire as virtual ground. much brighter on a earth ground, though not as bright as both wires from the gen coil hooked up to the neon. i have noticed 1 wire cap charging in the past as well.

out of curiosity, I decided to try to move the big 1" rotor with the flowerpower instead of the 1/4". turns out it will drive the rotor, but not up to the same frequency... 10hz is the best i got out of that, however it did show 12.57VDC across the resistor on the gen coil output after the fwbr. I think I will try winding a much larger starship, or perhaps try driving this one at 24-48V and see what happens.

cheers,
                  twinbeard
                  Last edited by twinbeard; 08-07-2010, 11:39 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

• good testing & logic there twin

right now im half way torn between trying to finish my randy powell rodin coil...and trying to model the same using a 3D cad thingy using google sketchpad...never done any 3D before though....gettin there....my brain feels like scrambled eggs though

p.s ill throw this out here.just in case anyone has any ideas...

i have a 8 inch inner diameter, 4 15 inch outer diameter wheelbarrow innertube...that makes a nice toroid... but i dont want to wind directly onto the tube.....rather....i want to somehow cast from the tube...to produce a cast replica of the tube.......any ideas anybody?

Comment

i have a 8 inch inner diameter, 4 15 inch outer diameter wheelbarrow innertube...that makes a nice toroid... but i dont want to wind directly onto the tube.....rather....i want to somehow cast from the tube...to produce a cast replica of the tube.......any ideas anybody?
                      Rave,

How about connecting one of those spray foam insulation cans to the valve of the inner tube and "inflate" it with the foam. Let it cure, and trim the rubber away. You will probably need to remove the valve on the inner tube so the foam flows in easier.

IndianaBoys

Comment

• step down.

@Twinbeard,

Fantastic work! Maybe it would help to run the a.c. coil output first through a common wall outlet transformer, 120 v to 15v or 9v, then to the rectifier. Take measurements from this to begin with; Then you'll be able to better gauge the proportions for a custom made transformer.

The coil core ss/gen stored 4/100's of a volt in the 4700 mf 50 volt cap over 24 hrs. That's a huge area of capacitence. This could probably store enough power to help a stranded pilot broadcast a regular periodic emergency signal. Maybe a good thing to know about.

The plumber spool 3/4" N42 diametric neo rotor, 26 gauge single wire wrap alternator has turned up the winner in the M.E.G output contest. My advice to any one who wants to experiment is to try this one to start. Hook the two leads up to a 100 mf cap through a Schottky diode cathode or stripe toward positive of the capacitor. The single wrap has polarity, so check the leads for a minus sign or not, and get the cap and diode in line. The magnet can wedge in the plumber spool core with just a match stick through the middle. The solid state output is awesome! I'm measuring it right now. The 100 mf 65 volt cap charged to 2/10's of a volt in an hour. I plan to place the ticklers on the ends of this one, and transplant the ceramic bearings and cabon axel mounted rotor magnet. I should be able to motor it with this winding and the ticklers too. Hybrid V.T.A. two way motor generator.
                        Last edited by synchro; 08-07-2010, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Indiana,

Thanks, thats actually a pretty good idea, be a bit messy but that stuff is pretty easy to cut & chisel etc.

p.s im having ooooodle sof fun with sketchpad..did a crash course this morning and "think" i have a way of constructing the toroid model along with the "grooves" in the skin ( that will have the wires laying in them )

fingers crossed

Comment

good testing & logic there twin

right now im half way torn between trying to finish my randy powell rodin coil...and trying to model the same using a 3D cad thingy using google sketchpad...never done any 3D before though....gettin there....my brain feels like scrambled eggs though

p.s ill throw this out here.just in case anyone has any ideas...

hey rave,

standard process to make a mold like that would be to surround it with plaster of paris, spray foam, hot wax, etc. let it dry, then cut it in half.
                            cover it in a plastic wrap out of your kitchen first so it comes out cleanly.
                            now you have a mold to make as many as you want by injecting material inside.

cheers
                            twinbeard

Comment

• Paper mache

Have you considered paper mache, newspaper water and flour, Picasso style application?
                              Last edited by synchro; 08-07-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Indiana,

Thanks, thats actually a pretty good idea, be a bit messy but that stuff is pretty easy to cut & chisel etc.

p.s im having ooooodle sof fun with sketchpad..did a crash course this morning and "think" i have a way of constructing the toroid model along with the "grooves" in the skin ( that will have the wires laying in them )

fingers crossed
                                rave154,

That's fantastic and you are welcome.

Looking forward to hear of your success!

IndianaBoys

Comment

Working...
                                X