Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resonance.

@Cosmicfarmer,

This is a very exciting miniature project sized just right for a kitchen bread board.

The charge shot up about a tenth of a volt, that's ten up clicks on the hundred's scale if your setting's at that level. Then the charge rate slowed. I don't know how to account for this. I didn't try to reposition the magnet over the pulse coil to get the chargeing to recontinue, because it was an after thought. It may have restarted the charging. Nothing like that kind of charge recovery took place when measured against the other kinds of stops I tried.

I slipped a bearing and had to saw the carbon rod axel out to reglue it. It occured to me that, rather then wind directly around the core, it might be better to wrap an outer sleeve, and nest the spinner tube inside to assist the servicing of the magnet bearings. My scaled up version will assemble this way. It's an approach to consider because it would help to pull the axel in the event a bearing came unglued. I'm re-fashioning slide grooves inside to push the axel and magnet back into position right now. I got it to squeeze in and reseat nicely, I don't know if it's the best way. Two PVC rings attached by two narrow and sturdy axel bearing struts for a sleeve, or just a PVC section with the sides cut out, and the magnet and axel seated for an insert.

Also, I'm building the Magnetman12003's "BediniDavro" loop back to source circuit right now, with the relay coil, to test on the bifilar motor wrap.

Boca has three kinds of all ceramic bearings in the same dimension, one with two bearing balls side to side. The size and balance of the tube magnets determine how sturdy a bearing should be. The other variety has a closed casing. These bearings are very expensive, but much simpler then a Maglev Axel to achieve super high r.p.m.'s. They purr! Keep me updated on your build. This project was the most exciting of all so far for me.

I think Reed Switch resonance was the the key to my first sucessfull high speed runs.
    Last edited by synchro; 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Coil voltage.

Here's something very interesting, and definitly Overunity! As it turns out, there was never any thing wrong with the bearing. The problem appeared when I re-wired The coil Tesla Hi Voltage wrap. what we've been refrencing to as "Joule Thief" style. This wrap, around the enclosed magnet, generates 200 mili volts D.C. all on it's own, just sitting there. I noticed the magnet lock up again when I positioned it wired this way. I connected the voltmeter and got a whopping .02 on the 20 D.C. scale. It generates it's own magnetic field, and considerable output all on it's own! That explains the lock up trouble. Maybe someone can tell me just what's going on here? Looks like I may have stumbled on a powerfull circuitless M.E.G.! What I have discovered is that the Tesla Hi-Voltage Electro Magnet works backwards as a generator if a properly polarized permanent magnet is positioned correctly inside it's core. We don't have to go any further from here to provide free and abundant power for ourselves.
      Last edited by synchro; 08-04-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Overunity!

I have a 100 mf 65 volt capacitor wired to a Schottky diode between the Hi Voltage coil leads, and the capacitor is chargeing at a constantly climbing and very noticable rate, just sitting there. The magnet may be rocking some imeasureable amount; No way of telling at this point. I'ts an M.E.G. power house, no question about it. Thanks to Jonnydavro for directing my attention toward resonace.

Comment

• Synchro,

Have you noticed any heat with an increased activity?

IndianaBoys

PS - very good by the way!

Comment

• Heat.

@IndianaBoys,

Thanks for the compliment. All I did was sleep at the Marriot. There's no perceptible heat anywhere to the touch. Ran up to .36 volts in about a half an hour, and still climbing up past 1.5 volts, probably charge a double AA battery like my Joe tate Power Module.
            Last edited by synchro; 08-05-2010, 02:58 PM.

Comment

• Speaker coil.

I just wedged a 3/4 inch magnet down the core of the 25 gauge speaker wire coil wired for Hi Voltage, and tried to measure voltage in the wires. No dice. Tried turning it, but no luck. Maybe the wires are too thick. The cap's up to .45 volts about an hour into the charge on the 26 gauge. I can't discount the posibility this magnet coil is acting as a Wi Fi reciever and transformer as I'm in a hot spot. I'll take it out in the woods tomorrow to check and see. Up to .57 volts now. Runs up over two volts. I read the hundreds by mistake. The power's comming from the magnet. The natural oscillating frequency of magnatisem is 1.59 Khz. This might be the rate the barrier diode is switching.
              Last edited by synchro; 08-05-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• Wi-Fi.

Just returned from the test in the woods. Same output 20 miles from town. Wi-Fi's out as the culprit. Charge rate tapers off up around .50 volts. The 2 incher diametric tube has 137 lbs pulling force versus 20 from the 3/4. Wind 7 times the wraps, and we'd probably generate 50 times the power, just sitting there sucking power in from space like this job. I'll have precise Ohm readings taken at the shop and calculate the exact length of the winding. This charge could prove to be nothing more than voltage, with hardly any amperage, however it produced a magnetic field in the coil and that requires more than just voltage alone. Some amperage is needed to produce a magnetic field, static charge is not enough! Pulsing two tiny tickler coils, wound inside the output coil core lips, with inphase magnetic a.c., might amplify the output just like Floyd Sweet's "VTA". His bifilar output coil was "Shorted on the Ends", as it's described. I understand Floyd got the oscillation going first, before he pulsed with the ticklers. This inclusion of these a.c pulsed over and under loop tickler coils would replicate Floyd's generator in practicaly every detail.
                Last edited by synchro; 08-05-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• Synchro,

Before you ship it out to Bruce TPU for study , a drawing would help massively for those wanting to reproduce it.

A picture would be worth a thousand words as well.

It does sound like you are on a roll.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

IndianaBoys

Comment

• Snapshots.

@IndianaBoys,

I've been trying to hunt my photograper down for over a week. My setup is nearly the same to the first section of Floyd Sweet's VTA. Bifilar output 1:1 "Shorted at the Ends", as it's described. This is Tesla's Hi Voltage wrap, without which, the coil generates nothing. Correct adjacency to a powerfull magnet is all this Joule Thief style wrap needs, to get the magnet and electro magnet wrap to work backwards as a generator. I may need to start a new thread. I believe I can feed the spontainious output back into loop ticklers at the ends of the core, and amplify the oscillations. The output may gain with this kind of feedback. If it catches a boost, it may begin to start to run away with itself. A variable capacitor may tune the pulse. This circuit is practicly identical to Captain Coler's "Magnetostrumzueger". I'll post the pictures in due course. Please be patient.
                    Last edited by synchro; 08-05-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

• I thought we were talking about a aircore bedini spinner with a coil above the pulse coil that took the recycled inductive collapses, but when you said VTA that threw me for a loop.
                      Anyway, I await your documentation with baited breath. Try to explain it like you would to someone ignorant to electronics. The more diagrams the better.

I can replicate a circuit in less then a day but to find the right materials for the coil and magnet suspension system might take a little longer. Do you think the "Magnet on a Leash" style will work OK? Bearings might take a long time to get to me.

Thanks for your necessary hard work.

Comment

• Vta

@Cosmicfarmer,

The VTA and the magnet spinner both have the same kind of Hi-Voltage output wrap. When I disconect the series conection, it stops generating power. I wraped the spinner core bifilar, and tried to motor with the Hi Voltage wrap like I do my plumber spool spinner which is end to end. This failed to work. What I discovered is that Floyd Sweet generates current in his VTA with the same kind of wrap for ouput coil I tried to power up as a motor. I am examining the power the magnet and coil are generating spontainiously, for now. I apologise for taking the thread off topic. I may have to pick up with a new VTA one to continue to explore this kind of power generation. I could probably charge a AA battery with the magnet coil just standing still. I imagine Floyd has been there and done that judging from his patent sketchs. You might benifit from a brief search into his work. Just type his name in the google search box, you'll see how similar his setup is. I'm flabergasted to discover this! I hope you apreciate the unique nature of this discovery. This amounts to sort of a lucky mistake.

I can spin it at any time. I tried to feed power back to source with it. Now it's generating current standing still. You can see how it makes sense for me to want to try and loop the feedback to the self generating power source and amplify for a gain. The magnet and coil fields are oscillating and spontaiously generating a current. The oscillation might be reinforced by the capacitor pulsed feedback in seriess with the tickler coils. Adding force to the oscillation and increasing output, like in the spinning version.
                        Last edited by synchro; 08-05-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Hi synchro,

This is very exciting and I too want to replicate or at least play with it.

But, please don't make me research F Sweet and all the rest just to follow what you have done.

First, you said you wrapped a permanent magnet with a bifilar coil and it is self oscillating? and producing volts in an output cap. But it must be properly placed.

Is that right?
                          Please give more info on the proper placement.

[and yes, as cosmic farmer requests, I am not an EE, so make it really simple and non ee level.]

Then you say something about series connection.
                          Now, the special nature of the joule thief type bifilar winding is that it is center tapped with the center tap connecting to the pos of the battery. This makes the mag flux from each part of the coil kind of slam into each other creating a lot of oscillation and hi v spikes.

But, there is not a series connection in what I just described, so please explain where this series connection is?

Are you using a bifilar series connected end-of-one-to-beginning-of-the-other for a secondary? (some call it L3)

Man this is getting close!
                          Great work, btw.

thanks,

jeanna
                          (and I almost missed these last few pages)
                          Last edited by jeanna; 08-05-2010, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• Bifilar.

@Jeanna,

I'm flatered to hear from you. I mounted a 3/4 inch tube magnet on a carbon fiber axel inside a 1&1/4 inch PVC coupling. I glued circular cardboard walls to the ends, and had it machine wraped by a shop with 435 feet: (17.4 Ohms per wire at .04 per foot), of 26 gauge bifilar. There's three ways to wire: I wired my rectifier in parallel, two wire combos on each end. The second way is to wire the start of one wire to end the other, this is refered to as in "Series", beginning to end. That's how the PVC wrap is wired. The center tap is unused in this pattern. The third is related and called "Series parallel", one end to it's mate end, and has polarity. The current goes in opposite directions through the attached sister coils when wired in series paralell, like Floyds.

The magnet's free to position itself, balanced on the axel, but I think it's weighted to point south up. That's where my refelective tape always winds up. Mine's on ceramic bearings, but I think a nylon sleeve would work fine. The 3/4 x 3/4 1/4" I.D. magnet is an N42, Neo 20 lb pull strength from K&J magnetics.

A voltage reading across the leads of the hi voltage series wrap while generating power, one way or the other does not yield a minus sign on the multi meter. The current generated at each end of this coil appears to be the same polarity. Like a capacitor dosen't have a positive or negative side, untill it's hooked up. Same for the bifilar I believe. The beginning of one to the end of the other is Tesla's Hi Voltage pattern. The VTA just has a "series parallel" bifilar pickup pressed up against a block magnet, that Floyd tickles with two a.c. exciters on either side. Too simple to explain. Alot of Hocus Pocus around that one. Take a look at the diagram below in the attached thumbnail. Note the CW/CCW wraps on the tickler coils. They're using terms like "Dual Vortex Action", and two hundred tons of additional horse manure. Look how simple it is! I could'nt generate any power with Floyd's "series parallel wrap", or the parallel. Only the Tesla Hi Voltage wrap generates self oscillating power from the bifilar wireing alternatives. I think the idea of Floyd's exciter coils could help feedback power the self oscillating generator, just with simple coil loops at the coil ends wound CW/CCW and pulsed inphase. He ran a.c. through them.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by synchro; 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Thanks synchro.

I agree. The Tesla way to wrap is awesome.

It makes me think of lidmotor's 'maggie', and the stubblefield generator all in one breath.

It sounds really interesting.
                              Please let us know here when you start a new thread.

thank you,

jeanna

Comment

• I feel a replication coming on.

@synchro & All
                                I have been following what is happening here with great interest.

@synchro
                                I can't really understand your exact setup but it reminds me of a project that I did last year along the same lines. I made a couple of videos of the little motor. I never saw any self charging effects so mine must be very different than yours. I am anxious to see some pictures. Here are the videos of my project a year ago. Maybe it will help.

YouTube - ‪Capacitor Pulse Motor & Maggie‬‎

YouTube - ‪Capacitor Pulse Motor---- Scope shots‬‎

@Jeanna
                                The first video has Maggie in it and the second video shows a very clear diagram of the Joule Thief like circuit that I used along with scope shots. I am like you and really want to replicate Synchro's circuit and setup. This might be the Holy Grail that we have all been looking for.

Cheers,

Lidmotor
                                Last edited by Lidmotor; 08-06-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X