One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to know something.

What if you made the base ,which the circulating magnet is rotating on, in the shape of a relaxed cup to better control the magnet. This way it could still move around but not bump into your coils as much. It doesn't have to be much of a cup only enough to keep it from going too wild, bumping into your coils. It might also be better to get yourself some super slippery material like that stuff used to move heavy furniture. The little pads that go underneath stuff to be able to push it around.
    This is very exciting stuff here. What kind of efficiency/cop are you getting atm with the current setup? What would you figure would be from a completed coils setup? Like 4-8 coils?

Comment

@Jbignes5:

thanks for your input.
      Jonnydavro has in fact worked with concave lids as a base for the magnet to restrict its motion.
      The thing is, that the bumping actually surprisingly results in big output and the more the magnet moves around the higher the output over all coils, so at the moment i would rather care for maximal elongation of the magnet than for a restriction of its movement, but i will keep it in mind and test it in the future.

Friction is not too much of a critical issue here because the magnetic force of the bifilar coil is whirling that thing around like crazy.

Concerning your COP question, i will stay away from making any assessments regarding this or potential OU results.
      It is my philosophy to present numbers and let others make assumptions.
      Besides, it is common practice on forums like this to attack users that make those claims and i prefer to keep this pointless discussion out of here and focus on the actual active experiment.

It is enough for now to be aware of the fact that the pickup-coils are picking up peak voltages of 15-25 volt per coil (measured across the terminals of an electrolytic capacitor after a bridge rectifier) WHILE the primary circuit is charging a battery off the transistors collector.

I will be attempting to feed the captured energy back to the source to at least majorly extend the run time of the source battery. Depending on how that will turn out, efficiency conclusions can then be made.
      Last edited by Xenomorph; 04-19-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hmm

Well my only concern is that it might be slowing down the magnet when it bumps. I understand that a certain amount of movement is desireable but it might work better for you to design the pathway to allow for full speed with no interuptions.
        Frictionj is friction it will to a degree slow it down. Seeing that most devices in this field try to lower that % to the minimal it can ever be it might help with seeing other effects that are not so apparent now.
        As for the OU that wasn't the basis of my inquiry. I just wanted to know based on the numbers and what you have seen how it is operating. Thats all.

Good job and great idea!

Comment

Hi Xenomorph.My first aircore was modeled on yours but using 38swg wire but it felt so light i thought i would try one with more wire and thinner wire(40swg).I used a reel from a roll off ptfe plumbers tape as the spindle and filled it.It says in the catalogue that there is 2200meters off wire on the roll i got but i find that hard to believe.
          The results were the capasitor which is 1000uf climbs quicker and higher and the pickup still collects voltage when the magnet is not right next to the coil so it is an improovement but i suspect your right about there being an optimum wire size wire lengh as i have probably gone overboard on this one but my next one will probably have half the amount off wire as this one and i will compare all three.
          Happy tinkering regards jonnydavro

Comment

I have 4 pickup coils now yielding in peak voltages of up to 75 volt across 4 caps.

Video: YouTube - 4Coils

@Jbignes5:

I will try to obtain the slipery material that you talk about. Do you have any idea what the material is called? That would make it easier to find it.

It will hopefully maximize the rotational speed which is proportional to the voltage in a way.

I will also try to find a somewhat concave ground for the magnet.

Comment

The best Bedini yet????

@ Everyone here---- Wow!!! I just stumbled onto this thread yesterday and the more I studied it the more all I can say is WOW!!!
              Jonny this is really neat. I ordered the "snake eggs" and will try to replicate this. A new kind of "Lidmotor"?
              I wonder if John Bedini has seen this and what he would say about it. The magnet field interactions must be crazy. The fact that you can pick up so much energy from the air core coils and not affect the amp draw much is amazing.
              I might try to combine this with the Dr. Stiffler SEC experiments that I have been working with. Maybe run this wirelessly.
              Slayer is going to probably want to try this. He has a SEC, like mine, that runs things wirelessly.
              The possibilities for this are endless.

Lidmotor

Comment

@Lidmotor : Good to have you in on this experiment!

I consider you an expert on energy recovery and am looking forward to what you will be getting out of this

Comment

Yeah here it is.

@ Xenomorph

This is a amazon link to a good amnount of them from 8 bucks.

Amazon.com: Moving Men 8-Piece Furniture Slider Set: Kitchen & Dining
                  I don't know if it is the same as the stuff that I remember from along time back but they should do. And it is cheap to boot! You might want to look around first to make sure it is the correct stuff. Something in the back of my mind says terflon but I can't remember exactly.

That might get you so additional speed and limiting the amount of bumping that is going on should net you some more. Just need to make a small indent on the surface of this stuff to see if it will keep it in line and not bump the coils as much. You might loose 2-3 mm of travel on each side but it should make is perform a lot better as well.

Comment

@Lidmotor.Hi. I am glad you have found us,you are going to love this one.Wow! is exactly what i said when it first fired up and im still saying it.
                    I think this would probably work with the SEC project you are working on as i have had it running on 1.5v 6mA so its in the ball park.
                    I think if you and slayer get your teeth into this we will be in for some suprises as you both create unbelievable things.That SEC your working on at the moment has blown me away and i hope to have a go at that later.
                    If your interested Lid i have uploaded the circuit in the very first post.The 2 variable resistors are important in my version.
                    Hope to see your version in the near future.
                    @All I have tonight done a test on the 40swg pickup coil at 12v so it will be comparable with the output off Xenomorphs pickup coil and the results were quite surprising.The verticle Magnet is spinning so fast and zooming about at 12v and the output was over 47v and still climbing.At one stage it was over 50v and climbing.There seems to be no effect on the magnets speed from the pickup coil.
                    I did the same test with the angular spinning magnet at that goes up to 48v but the coil has an effect on this magnet and slows it so i think the verticle is the way to go.
                    Here is a pic off the test.Regards jonnydavro
                    Attached Files

Comment

Capacitor Discharge Experiment

@Jonnydavro: Wow the 50 Volt are coming from just 1 pickup-coil?
                      Then it catches more voltage than mine.

You are using a much higher capacitance than what i am using.
                      I wanted to keep it low so the caps charge up faster until they can be discharged.

What would be your turn count guesstimation on yours?
                      40 SWG wire was that again?

Did you abandon the concave Lid? Looks like a flat one on your pic.

I have finally managed to put that captured energy into a battery with a timed cap discharge circuit and the battery is charging slowly but steadily.
                      The timing values have to be much optimized on the 555 but it is a start.

Video: YouTube - Timed Capacitor Discharge Experiment 1

Yourself and Gyula made a nice point about the disconnection of the caps from the bridge during discharge, i will go ahead and make such a circuit.

Now that i have 4 pickup-coils, i really wonder where additional coils could be placed. I guess putting smaller ones into the big coils would lead to unwanted effects. So it seems that optimizing what you get out of the 4 surrounding pickup-coils is the way to go.

Comment

@Xenomorph.Yes,50v from one pickup coil and it was still climbing.How high it would have gone i don't know as i could not control the magnet it was spinning so fast and it kept flying off so tomorrow i may repeat the experiment with 1 coil and 3 empty spools to contain it.
                        I prefer like you to allow the magnet to bump into the coil as you get a nice voltage jump so i don't use the concave lid.Flat seems better.
                        The cap i used in this test was 2200uf.What size are you using?
                        It seems to charge up quite quickly.
                        Regarding turns on the coil.The answer is i don't know.I wound it with a drill but there are a lot off turns on it.I think if you make one and nearly fill it,you will get similar results if you use 40swg.
                        I Like your cap discharger.It is good that the battery is charging slowly but it is early days,but a step in the right direction. regards jonnydavro

Comment

The cap i used in this test was 2200uf.What size are you using?
                          I use 10uF/35 v. The idea behind it was to allow a fast charging until discharge.

However this turns out to be ineffective, the average charge current during the discharge pulse is only 1-2 mA, which is not enough pressure to fill the battery.

I will probably have to increase the capacitance and use longer intervals for the discharge cycle to allow the caps to fill to 15+ volt. That way the charge current will hopefully increase significantly.

After my todays observation i am not so sure anymore if the bumping really increases the output or if i was just imagining that. But you noticed it too.
                          I am interested to find out what the people that replicate this observe.

Theoretically at least it makes sense to have the magnet move maximally.
                          The bumping brakes the rotation though and might lead to slight losses.

The lid i am using has a little hole in the middle and that constantly brakes the magnet. I gotta try a few others. Maybe this is even good at sending it away from the center of the lid, who knows.

Regarding turns on the coil.The answer is i don't know.I wound it with a drill but there are a lot off turns on it.I think if you make one and nearly fill it,you will get similar results if you use 40swg.
                          I understand that you did not want to count the turns (especially with nearly hair thin wire). From the voltages you are getting i estimate you must have something like 2000 turns on there easily.
                          Tomorrow i will try to make one with SWG40 and 2000 turns and see how that performs.

Keep it up

Comment

Sphere?

video of working sphere .
                            A sphere might work as well?, not as dramatic as the bullets..
                            but come many sizes and strengths ..
                            Teflon spray, comes in a can
                            Expert® Tef-Lube Teflon Film Spray
                            Teflon Spray Light-Coat

Putting any shape magnet inside a plaster easter egg
                            would create a spin-able shape ?????
                            Last edited by Vortex; 04-21-2009, 01:25 AM. Reason: added "easter egg"
                            Remember to be kind to your mind ...
                            Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

@Vortex:

Thanks for the tip with the teflon spray, i will see that i get it.

Concerning the Sphere magnet, it is interesting, there is no friction just the rubberband forces.
                              The wild movement also in the z-axis might however would make it difficult to
                              get pickup-coils close enough to it to have a decent output (if you are not just using it for standard purposes of course)

I´d be interested to see how a magnetic ball would perform on the lid since it would not have the tendency to go down when too slow.

Comment

Jonny's "One magnet Bedini"---My Replication

I just couldn't wait to get the 'snake egg' magnets in the mail so I drove all over until I found some in a supermarket toy section. I disassembled an old SSG an threw a rig together. What a trip!!! This thing spins up like a tornado! Sounds like a Dremel tool winding up. I will build a better setup and see what she can do with the pickup coil and maybe the SEC linked. After this video I got this simple setup to run on 1.5 volts at about 25Ma. If I can get that down the SEC might run it wirelessly. I know my 3.5 solar cell will do it. Thanks everybody for sharing this. Here is my video of today's fun.

YouTube - Jonny's 1 magnet Bedini My replication

Cheers.

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X