One magnet no bearing Bedini motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Jbignes5:
    Who has reported 150 k RPM with the one magnet setup?
    Have i missed anything?
    Or do you mean the magnets rotating INSIDE of a coil?

Comment

• @Pirate.Hi Bill.I have been away for a few days to recharge my batteries and see that Lidmotor and others have been busy with some great new idea's.
      I am glad you have decided to try the cylinders Bill and i think you will think off plenty off experiments to try with them.Can't wait to see.
      Also Bill.Have you tried running the one mag bedini on your Earth battery yet?If so what happened and have you modded your circuit?Regards jonny
      @Xenomorph.Hi.I am glad that you too have now got a cylinder rotor and are conducting some pickup tests.I have not really done any pickup coil tests,only a quickie with an led and from that i could see that there is great potential with this rotor.You have a very scientific approach to your experiments so i am sure you will find if this rotor is an improovement to the snake egg rotor.Please let me know your initial thoughts on this rotor regards jonny
      @ all. alfacentauro has made a new vid of a one magnet motor doing 300000rpm's.This motor is using a small cylinder magnet.For those who haven't seen it here is a link.
      YouTube - 300000 RPM Fast magnet wireless motor
      Also.I subscribe to Mopozco.He is experimenting with the snake egg rotor and has made a few vids.Here is a link to his latest.Regards jonny
      YouTube - hi-speed bedini "one magnet selfcharger(?)"
      Last edited by jonnydavro; 05-29-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• yes Xenomorph..

Yes look thru the previous posts there are two one for 150k and one for 300k.

Comment

• @Jbignes5
          Ah okay. thought you would mean that one.

Has anyone generated voltage from an air coil off of a 150k speed
          Well didnt alphacentauro actually generate voltage from that aircore coil in which the magnet is spinning? 400 volt or something as he stated?

Comment

• I've been trying to get a 1-1/4" N50 sphere to start but so far its symmetrical shape allows it to easily shuffle into a dead "stuck" angle... Maybe I just don't have the proper "dance floor", but this thing would be SCARY if it started up and became imbalanced.. It would take off like a wrecking ball that seeks and destroys!

Comment

• @Shanjaq: What voltage are you running at? 12 V? Usually using a lower source voltage yields slower RPMs, so you are not wrecking your house

Comment

• 1" Neo ball running alongside the coil

I finally got my 1" neo sphere magnet and I have tried it many different ways.
                The most interesting one was to start it inside an air core, gently raise the coil up and place it beside the spinning magnet. The small "dance floor" is the bottom of a plastic bottle that had a 1/8 " depression in the center. This was perfect for letting the ball center itself. I used a little light oil to lubricate the spinning ball. I think that you could make a custom dance floor by using a 1/4" drill bit on a piece of plastic. Just drill in slightly to make the depression.
                Here is the video----

YouTube - Neodymium Sphere Magnet Bedini

Lidmotor

Comment

• Lid:

Those are some great innovations you have made there, very nice job! Very interesting how you can use Lentz to control the speed. This may be more efficient than adjusting the resistance, I don't know.

Very nice work!

Bill

Comment

• Control

Originally posted by Pirate88179 View Post
                    Lid:

Those are some great innovations you have made there, very nice job! Very interesting how you can use Lentz to control the speed. This may be more efficient than adjusting the resistance, I don't know.

Very nice work!

Bill
                    Thanks Bill,
                    The problem that I am running into is control. This thing wants to drift the RPM all over the place. Its like trying to hold onto a slippery fish. Everytime you think you have a good hold on it, the bugger wiggles away. I can't even get a good scope shot of it. By using that extra coil it helped. After I did the video I slowed the ball down and made a small pool of oil in the little dish. That made it hiss like a snake but it ran better.

Lidmotor

Comment

• @Lidmotor.That is a nice stable,easy to start motor you have made there Lid,nicely done
                      I was wondering if you have tried adding the 10k pot and the relay coil to reduce the amp draw down or would this effect the easy starting?If so you could always switch the 10k pot and relay coil in after you have started with the standard Bedini circuit but those mods are most effective when running at high rpm so if your intentions are for a slow motor you may not see the benefit.Great stuff Lid regards jonny.

Comment

• What I think.

I think we should be looking into high speed. We just need a way to house the sphere in such a way that allows for starting and no damage to the housing. Maybe a kevlar or other super slipery material that is rigid. It could be a plasic housing that some spray on teflon could be applied.
                        Lid that was a great example of what I was trying to elude to that the coils do affect the rpms. We just need to find that sweet spot for maximum extraction of energy contrasting with the wattage draw of the bedini type circuit you have used.
                        My thoughts are going twords smaller mags and setups to add together for the final output. Starting could be done in incremental steps and going to a cap bank. Anything that needs to be drawn off then could be at any rate. The only problem is the foot print of the device.
                        Question: Could the spheres be stacked like the tube type mags?
                        . : Can two mags stacked be run from 1 coil or can there be more then 1 mag per coil. If so can each 90 degree be harvested that way, including up and down 3d type (6 mags).
                        To get enough out of it what would each cells coils be returning for wattage? What does your single coil return?

Comment

• Energy in vs energy out

@ Jonny---- I will try the ideas that you suggest and see if I can get the amp draw down. The neo ball starts up pretty easy so I don't see a problem. I would really like this ball to run on one AA battery and quietly. I bought one of those "Top Secret" commercial units that Sephiroth described on page one of this thread and I am studying it. That will run for days on a 9 volt battery. The circuit is similar to a Bedini only with no charging aspect.

@jbignes5----I totally agree about the speed. Faster is better here but in my case noise is an issue. I am working on a table in my house and it is like trying to build something in a library. My projects have to be quiet. The only reason that I am slowing things down is because of the screaming noise. When I get the neo ball going fast it gets loud but I can pull off energy from a distance. There is a sweet spot somewhere in the speed curve that balances the energy in vs the energy being pulled off. I don't think that stacking or multiples will help much. Maybe a 427 V8 version of this would be fun to build though.
                          Last edited by Lidmotor; 05-31-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Sphere Apparatus

Originally posted by Jbignes5 View Post
                            I think we should be looking into high speed. We just need a way to house the sphere in such a way that allows for starting and no damage to the housing. Maybe a kevlar or other super slipery material that is rigid. It could be a plasic housing that some spray on teflon could be applied.
                            Lid that was a great example of what I was trying to elude to that the coils do affect the rpms. We just need to find that sweet spot for maximum extraction of energy contrasting with the wattage draw of the bedini type circuit you have used.
                            My thoughts are going twords smaller mags and setups to add together for the final output. Starting could be done in incremental steps and going to a cap bank. Anything that needs to be drawn off then could be at any rate. The only problem is the foot print of the device.
                            Question: Could the spheres be stacked like the tube type mags?
                            . : Can two mags stacked be run from 1 coil or can there be more then 1 mag per coil. If so can each 90 degree be harvested that way, including up and down 3d type (6 mags).
                            To get enough out of it what would each cells coils be returning for wattage? What does your single coil return?

I have suggested this method someplace before, I hope somebody tries it out as I don't have time to experiment much right now...

Place your sphere on an air coil that has a core just slightly smaller than the sphere diameter. Put a small positive air pressure into the other end of the coil and the sphere will float and rotate in the Bernoulli effect.

Bernoulli effect demonstration | Practical Physics

A vacuum cleaner with the hose on the output should be sufficient to make it happen. It should produce a near frictionless stable platform for the neo sphere and it will be self starting as the sphere will rotate in the jet stream. Very high rotational speeds should be possible.

I don't believe you can stack spheres as they tend to rotate around and attract to the opposite poles. Therefore, you lose your diametrically opposed orientation as the multiple spheres fall into an axially magnitezed orientation.
                            When you pick up a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way...

Comment

• Bedini Motor run from earth battery

This is a video of me running a One magnet No Bearing Bedini motor from my earth battery and a 650 Farad 2.7 volt supercap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rauOlhNK0iY

Bill (Thanks Jonny!!!)

Comment

• Another 'newbie'

I've recently purchased and 'am waiting on delivery of JB's book. Practical constructions will follow. In the interim, it must be noted that the ME forums have been an amazing source of information. The innovations, creativity, and real science that are found here are a rare delight. All of the contributors are obviously just having too much fun. Please, all, know there are readers that appreciate and respect your work.

Comment

Working...
                                X