Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS versus SSG

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
    I have a circuit for this but you need to use the power of the wheel to charge the source.

As blackchisel97 says you cant close the loop but you can use this power to contribute to running the motor in a resonant circuit so that the input from the source is reduced. In effect you are running the motor using the power needed for the losses.

In an SSG the motoring is around 25% efficient and the recovery is 85+% efficient. Do the math.
    Mbrown thanks for the info. Are you saying that SSG is more efficient than SS?
    Thanks

Comment

• so can this bedini generator come close to what im looking for???

and i apologize if i messed up this thread...

ive been looking at the bedini generator for a while now, along with the searle effect generator...

with this simplified school girl build, its closer to my understanding...

again i apologize...

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
        Thanks
        @Guruji
        If you count all energy IN versus OUT in SS and SSG, the later one wins since it also supplies mechanical (23-25%). So, in terms of COP SSG will beat SS. In SSG your trigger comes from the magnets. In exchange you get rotating few pounds rotor.
        As efficient battery charger 6 strands SS will charge faster than 6 strands SSG.
        An average wheel with 16 magnets will trigger coil 64 times per second (240 rpm) which is 64Hz. Same coil with core will oscillate at 800Hz and aircore at 3.5kHz (those values are approximate, for comparison only and based on personal experience ).

Cheers
        Vtech
        'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
          Thanks
          Yes, when you count all the outputs.

@allen_okc

I don't know how the Bedini would work with your batteries so I cannot say. part of the Bedini system is lead acid batteries and although it can charge almost any battery there are differences in efficiency and also some dangers.

I have damaged Li Ion batteries with a Bedini and one of my friends exploded one.

I don't think we have a complete solution to your problem yet but maybe some other members could comment on a better solution than me.

Nice Bike

Comment

• Thank You Guruji, i understand the severe dangers of charging a lithium battery, thats why i mention the BMS system earlier, a type of voltage regulator/sentinel to prevent overcharge.

ive attempted to build a bedini generator, with no success, but the information ive seen here is a big help...

im pretty sure i messed up on building the coil, wrong gauges of magnet wire and not enough turns, so i will attempt to build another...

i havent read fully this whole thread yet, but i have a question about the wrapping - do i turn the coil wrap clockwise or counter clock wise or does it matter?

Comment

• Thank You Guruji about the bike...

i showed it to let everyone know im sincere about electricity and the application i want to use the bedini generator for...

im hoping its overunity will be enough to increase my riding range...

the next project is a fully electric forward trike where all types of electroncis will be tested on, for experimenting...

Comment

• Originally posted by allen_okc View Post
                Thank You Guruji about the bike...

i showed it to let everyone know im sincere about electricity and the application i want to use the bedini generator for...

im hoping its overunity will be enough to increase my riding range...

the next project is a fully electric forward trike where all types of electroncis will be tested on, for experimenting...
                There is no overunity device that I have seen working that would extend your range with any real practicality but it is not impossible. Currently I am working on the lockridge device and if I get that figured out I will work on the Edwin Gray motor (Edwin V. Gray: Electromagnetic Association Motor (Pulsed Capacitance Discharge Motor, &c: US Patent # 3,890,548 ) ) I think this is what you need. There are many who are working on this as we speak but as yet I don't know of one that runs in overunity although Gray's did and I understand it was 80Hp.

Tesla built an 80Hp electric car back in the early 1900s so there are two real examples of it being done. Directory:Tesla's Pierce-Arrow - PESWiki

I believe Tesla was the only man who ever knew what electricity really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by allen_okc View Post
                  Thank You Guruji, i understand the severe dangers of charging a lithium battery, thats why i mention the BMS system earlier, a type of voltage regulator/sentinel to prevent overcharge.

ive attempted to build a bedini generator, with no success, but the information ive seen here is a big help...

im pretty sure i messed up on building the coil, wrong gauges of magnet wire and not enough turns, so i will attempt to build another...

i havent read fully this whole thread yet, but i have a question about the wrapping - do i turn the coil wrap clockwise or counter clock wise or does it matter?
                  Hi Allen,

You wind a coil clockwise. When you done, mark start and end on the spool. Set it on the table so the end is up. This is the way you'll have to mount, so the end will be facing wheel magnets. Magnets have N poles facing out. Coil when energized will be polarized N-S, just like magnet .Start wires will go: - trigger to ground and second wire to collector. End wires: trigger to bulb and base resistor and second wire to input positive.

Hope this helps

Vtech
                  'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Thank You MBROWN and BLACKCHISE - every bit helps...

i would like to throw something out there - lets assume the trigger battery loses charge, which in this case will be ok, for now...

but what if the charging side used something in the realm of a capacitance battery wire in in series, could that help its performance any?

Comment

• Generator back to SSG

I have come up with my solution to topping up the source batt without any switching etc...it seems to stop the drawn down of my source batt....so I'd hate to state what that means...

My schematic attached to this post.

Originally posted by Guruji View Post
                      So can this be done automatic with a small circuit switching?
                      Thanks for response.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• In the schematic you posted you don't have a source battery. You are only showing a charge battery. So what is powering your power coils? The diode as shown would allow the battery to charge but there is no connection from that battery to the power coils. Have you actually built this and gotten it to run?

Carroll
                        Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by radiant View Post
                          I have come up with my solution to topping up the source batt without any switching etc...it seems to stop the drawn down of my source batt....so I'd hate to state what that means...

My schematic attached to this post.
                          I tried a similar circuit some time ago with a battery in the source and it did prolong the life of the source battery but only by about 10%. If you use a trifilar winding with the output going through the bridge to the source as well as the pickup coil you get much closer to self running although mine did eventually go flat.

Comment

• Perhaps I wasnt clear in my last post. The schematic I provided is a partial schematic. It is part of the larger picture of a 6 coil machine with the 7th coil (as shown the schematic on the left). The output of that 7th coil goes through a rectifier, which then feeds a JT circuit whose output is directly fed to the SOURCE battery. The charge battery is not shown here as it is not relevant to this circuit, as this circuit is designed to slot into the bedini ssg circuit as a direct replacement for the source battery.

I have this running and the open circuit voltage of the output is around 35V.

Just to be clear, the 7th coil is NOT part of the 6 coil system. It is out of phase by 30 degrees to the magnets on my flywheel.

This is not a trivial small pickup coil. This 7th coil is actually 1.5times larger than the other 6 six coils.

I will post some pictures soon. Im just neatening off the wiring to the transistors atm.
                            Last edited by radiant; 06-20-2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by radiant View Post
                              Perhaps I wasnt clear in my last post. The schematic I provided is a partial schematic. It is part of the larger picture of a 6 coil machine with the 7th coil (as shown the schematic on the left). The output of that 7th coil goes through a rectifier, which then feeds a JT circuit whose output is directly fed to the SOURCE battery. The charge battery is not shown here as it is not relevant to this circuit, as this circuit is designed to slot into the bedini ssg circuit as a direct replacement for the source battery.

Just to be clear, the 7th coil is NOT part of the 6 coil system. It is out of phase by 30 degrees to the magnets on my flywheel.

This is not a trivial small pickup coil. This 7th coil is actually 1.5times larger than the other 6 six coils.

I will post some pictures soon. Im just neatening off the wiring to the transistors atm.

This is what I pictured in my mind from your first post. Very nice!

I would love to see your pictures. Video? - not necessary just my own selfishness :-)

3000 turns, now we're talking.
                              have you tried the battery both ways? i.e. in the position you have it and also the way JB has it in the SSG... with the negative connected to the top of the coil instead of the the emitter? Just curious if there was much of a difference, and if this is one of the factors that allowed the ability to tie the two...

I tried something similar to this a while back but with a cap between the the genny coil and the JT. And a cap across a pot to the base of the JT. I've also added this to Dr Stiffler's ckt to charge back the primary w/o the genny of course - here, instead I used the two diodes to a cap. I posted a video some time back. It did not pan out as well for me, although I had little patience with it - LOL

I'm giving your way a try today, thanks for sharing

Comment

• Schematic

Originally posted by radiant View Post
                                Perhaps I wasnt clear in my last post. The schematic I provided is a partial schematic. It is part of the larger picture of a 6 coil machine with the 7th coil (as shown the schematic on the left). The output of that 7th coil goes through a rectifier, which then feeds a JT circuit whose output is directly fed to the SOURCE battery. The charge battery is not shown here as it is not relevant to this circuit, as this circuit is designed to slot into the bedini ssg circuit as a direct replacement for the source battery.

I'm looking forward for this experiment. Great.

Comment

Working...
                                X