Bedini SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kebob,

Maybe you should use strip connectors for connecting up your circuit. It will be easier to change if you make a mistake.

Can anyone tell me how to add an image. Can't seem to figure it out. Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiderkells View Post
      kebob,

Maybe you should use strip connectors for connecting up your circuit. It will be easier to change if you make a mistake.

Can anyone tell me how to add an image. Can't seem to figure it out. Please.
      You can either host your picture on external server (I use Photobucket) and copy direct link under your pic into the url in text editor here. When you select "insert image" above the url window will pop out.
      Second option is to scroll down to "additional options" and select "manage attachments". New window will open allowing to browse and download pic from your PC. It will be added (which you can verify in preview of your post) as a thumbnail below the text.

Hope this helps

V
      'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

http://www.nvtronics.org

Comment

• Thanks for that man

Comment

• Kebob,

This is a circuit diagram I used for my first ssg
          Attached Files

Comment

• ok well this is due onmonday so i might just solder it. also what wires should i use to connect the wire from the negative of the battery to to the emitter of the transister since the diagram dosent tell

Comment

• Originally posted by Kebob View Post
              ok well this is due on Monday so i might just solder it. also what wires should i use to connect the wire from the negative of the battery to to the emitter of the transistor since the diagram doesn't tell
              Just any piece of insulated wire. Strip the ends from insulation and solder it.

V
              'Get it all on record now - get the films - get the witnesses -because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened'

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• ok thanks ill tell everyone my results on this and i may be back on saturday since that is when i am doing it.

Comment

ok thanks ill tell everyone my results on this and i may be back on saturday since that is when i am doing it.
                  Well, good luck with your project.

V

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Ok so i got it setup but it didnt work. i think its becuase i used pvc to make the coil so i am changeing that now so that its just the wleding rods in the middle with the wire wrapped around it. is this alright?

Comment

Ok so i got it setup but it didnt work. i think its becuase i used pvc to make the coil so i am changeing that now so that its just the wleding rods in the middle with the wire wrapped around it. is this alright?
                      PVC is fine. Most coils are wound on spools. This isn't a problem.

V

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

• Originally posted by blackchisel97 View Post
                        PVC is fine. Most coils are wound on spools. This isn't a problem.

V
                        well it seemed to be becuase i believe i soldered right and we had enough magnet wire. but is it ok to wrap the magnet wire around the wleding rods?

Comment

well it seemed to be becuase i believe i soldered right and we had enough magnet wire. but is it ok to wrap the magnet wire around the wleding rods?

No, this isn't a problem
                          . Why do you think it may not work because of pvc? Did you have a chance to see other people videos of their projects? All coils are wound onto spools, either wooden or plastic. As long as they are not metal. Do you have a spool or just piece of PVC pipe with no ends? How long are your wires? Can you post a picture of your project?
                          There are few possible reasons for not working but I need to know more details to help you diagnose.
                          V
                          Last edited by blackchisel97; 05-22-2011, 02:56 AM. Reason: spelling

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

No, this isn't a problem
                            . Did you have a chance to see other people videos of their projects? All coils are wound onto spools, either wooden or plastic. As long as they are not metal. Do you have a spool or just piece of PVC pipe with no ends? How long are your wires? Can you post a picture of your project?

V
                            they are 80ft and 180ft

no to the first and the 3rd BUT CAN I WRAP THE WIRE AROUND THE WELDING ROD???

Comment

they are 80ft and 180ft

no to the first and the 3rd BUT CAN I WRAP THE WIRE AROUND THE WELDING ROD???
                              yes, but how you will secure the wire at both ends so your spool will have uniform layers instead of a "pregnant" appearance? 80' will be difficult to tune. A bit too short.

V

General D.Eisenhower

Comment

yes, but how you will secure the wire at both ends so your spool will have uniform layers instead of a "pregnant" appearance? 80' will be difficult to tune. A bit too short.

V
                                ok i have two wooden pieces to hold it it in and i have some extra wire which i guess i will have to use. also can i use electrical tape to connect the magnet wire together? or do i have to solder it?

Comment

Working...
                                X