• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tachyoncatcher
    replied
    One Trigger

Originally posted by Gpilot View Post
    Hello everybody, I have built a new Badini SG. It is crafted from solid 3/8" aluminum. With one 8 filer coil and seven transistors, it runs between 300-450 rmp. It is 24"x24". It has 20 3x8" x 2" x 1"
    Magnets. It runs great with one circuit and one coil. It is setup to add 18 coils for a total of 20. I have been having trouble integrating the 2nd circuit to the existing, functional circuit. What is the best way to hook it all up? I have tried a couple times, resulting in a few fried transistors. I have 2 coils mounted, and they both have a trigger wire. If i only need one trigger for the entire machine, i can use the 2nd trigger to build an additional transistor set. Anyway, i am stuck on what i am doing wrong, it should run.
    Hi GPilot!
    Use one trigger. That is an interesting arrangement. I like it! Your induction trigger is probably failing with the second coil on. I would use hall switching instead. Then all your windings can be power windings. You may have a dickens of a time getting those attracting coils to push that wheel. You could also try the coils out-of-phase, but I think you may find some interesting results with in-phase coils, if you can get it to run. Great concept.
    Good Luck,
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• John Smith
    replied
    Hello Gpilot

Nice macine work!

May I ask about the polarity of the magnets?

It could be that the second coil is "fighting the first" causing the transistor failures.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• THEminoly
    replied
    Originally posted by Gpilot View Post
    Hello everybody, I have built a new Badini SG. It is crafted from solid 3/8" aluminum. With one 8 filer coil and seven transistors, it runs between 300-450 rmp. It is 24"x24". It has 20 3x8" x 2" x 1"
    Magnets. It runs great with one circuit and one coil. It is setup to add 18 coils for a total of 20. I have been having trouble integrating the 2nd circuit to the existing, functional circuit. What is the best way to hook it all up? I have tried a couple times, resulting in a few fried transistors. I have 2 coils mounted, and they both have a trigger wire. If i only need one trigger for the entire machine, i can use the 2nd trigger to build an additional transistor set. Anyway, i am stuck on what i am doing wrong, it should run.

You can use just one of the trigger wires. the problem you will run into w/ using the second trigger wire as an additional power winding, is that it will not be balanced w/ the other power windings. It will could cause an imbalance that might decrease the efficiency. A L L T H O U G H... you never know, there is not much harm in giving it a try - yes? compare it w/ and w/o then report back here.

there are many other experiments you could conduct w/ that winding. place a FWBR on it then a cap see what you get ...

I would just focus on the charging of your base machine first. does your wheel cause any drag as it passes the coils? what material is it made out of?

Leave a comment:

• wayne.ct
    replied
    Nice Construction

I like the looks of your machine, but I can't help but notice some of the alterations you have made as compared to other devices. You may have quite an adjustment to make to get it to work the way you expect!

I wish I was able to offer some specific advice, but I am not able to do so myself. I do hope you have some better success going forward.
    Last edited by wayne.ct; 09-02-2013, 03:34 AM. Reason: Improve my comment.

Leave a comment:

• Gpilot
    started a topic Multi coil SG

Multi coil SG

Attached Files
Working...
X