This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    Hello Aaron have not seen you around a while. I wanted to let you know that this week I can no longer post a picture and am not sure why this site is malfuctioning in this way or did I do something wrong? Thank you Aaron and hope to see your coming project soon. July?
    .................................................. .................

Comment

• Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
      Hello Aaron I can no longer post a picture and am not sure why this site is malfuctioning in this way or did I do something wrong? ?
      Did Dave fudge on this years conference? Like I knew he would.

Comment

• Hi,

I have added a new post to my website on:

Cylindrical Coil Transmission Gain – TC S21

http://www.am-innovations.com/cylind...on-gain-tc-s21

In this post the cylindrical coil transmission gain S21 is explored using the DG8SAQ vector network analyser. The small signal ac input impedance Z11 has been explored and presented extensively for both flat and cylindrical Tesla coils, and the transmission gain study in this experimental post continues the small signal analysis of this type of Tesla coil. The S21 characteristics show that the Tesla coil has its lowest insertion loss at the fundamental series resonant frequency, and its highest loss at a parallel mode. The series resonant mode remains relatively stable with changing primary tuning characteristics such as number of turns, and variations in the primary tuning capacitor. However, the parallel mode shows strong dependence on both the primary turns and primary tuning capacitor.

At first order the transmission gain characteristics of a Tesla coil present as a high-Q bandpass filter typical for a resonant circuit, and where the insertion loss for a direct connected secondary coil is in the region of 4-5 dB at the fundamental series resonant frequency. At second order the transmission gain characteristics of a Tesla coil present a wealth of interesting detail and phenomena. We also look at an equivalent circuit model that yields well matched theoretical characteristics to those measured, and which assists in understanding the mechanisms contributing to the unusual and fascinating characteristics of the Tesla coil.

The video experiment demonstrates and includes aspects of the following:

1. The experimental setup using the DG8SAQ vector network analyser for transmission gain measurements S21 for a cylindrical Tesla coil.

2. The characteristics of S21 and S11 when the primary tuning capacitor is set to balance the parallel modes on the measured input impedance Z11.

3. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the primary tuning capacitor is adjusted through its full range of 20pF – 1280pF.

4. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the number of primary turns is varied between 1 and 4.

5. The changing characteristics of S21 and S11 when the distance between the primary and secondary coil is varied from 7cm up to 75cm.

6. The series and parallel resonant modes revealed in the transmission gain S21, and their variation dependent on the interaction between, and the electrical characteristics of, the primary and secondary coils.

Best wishes,
        Adrian

Comment

• What is the name of the composite wave in the top image? The bottom image is a close-up of the base frequency. I want to know more about this type of wave behavior.

I guess I’m smart enough, now that I’ve had a chance to think about it, to answer my own question…

Eric Dollard speaks of time reversal regarding electrodynamics and I thought that was pretty weird, but I just accepted it because I know the guy’s a genius and a master of electrodynamic engineering. But now I know how it can be true… So, here goes…

When I did a search on the Internet for my waveform to see how other people have dealt with this waveform and what they call it and so forth, I couldn’t find it except in reverse. In other words, it’s like putting it in front of a mirror, because left becomes right and right becomes left. Meanwhile, vertical formation remains the same, namely: a surge. It’s just the direction of the surge changes. Instead of my waveform building up to a surge and then collapsing, the standard variety starts from a peak and a trough of extremes and then hyperbolically (or exponentially if you prefer - aka. logarithmically) it collapses towards a zero asymptotic limit.

So, you take a self-damping, pulsating wave and turn its time domain around by 180 of reversal and now you have a staccato wedgy (what I like to call) in which time has done an about face. Who’s to say which one is normal direction for time? I don’t know…!

Physics tells us which is normal, but physics is suspect as it is. ;-)

For all we know, we could be walking backwards in time!

http://vinyasi.info/energy/The%20pat...ortality-1.m4a
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Vinyasi; 03-02-2021, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X