• Show
Clear All

• 2022 Conference

Starts today, JULY 6, 2022.

Anybody reporting on or about it?

Screenshot_20220706-002020-963.png

You got to pay top dollar to see any of it. Hundreds

Comment

Should be over and done. Any news about it?

Pretty sure Turion was no-show, for third year since he committed to demonstrate his generator.

And I presume Thane did not agree to terms and present.

Did I miss anything?
      bi

Comment

I did a rough synopsis of what I encountered at ESTC, however I did miss several presentations working on other things behind-the-scenes to make of it what you will.

https://hakasays.com/blog/2022/07/es...rence-debrief/

For the site I was initially skeptical as it's basically a factory floor/workshop adapted into a conference center; it worked out well though since there were zero issues getting experiments together (220v power, spare wire, tools, and everything needed to make sure demos ran smoothly). A lot of times in a public setting you'll have things like tripping breakers and accidentally smoking equipment. Acoustics were better than the fairgrounds too so that was nice. AMA if anyone has questions.

Comment

Thanks, Hakasays.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakasays View Post
            I did a rough synopsis of what I encountered at ESTC, however I did miss several presentations working on other things behind-the-scenes to make of it what you will.

https://hakasays.com/blog/2022/07/es...rence-debrief/

For the site I was initially skeptical as it's basically a factory floor/workshop adapted into a conference center; it worked out well though since there were zero issues getting experiments together (220v power, spare wire, tools, and everything needed to make sure demos ran smoothly). A lot of times in a public setting you'll have things like tripping breakers and accidentally smoking equipment. Acoustics were better than the fairgrounds too so that was nice. AMA if anyone has questions.
            Thanks for the EV GRAY shot

Comment

BroMikey I have some more Gray motor shots too (attached)

Had a real nice chat with Mark McKay on the motor and reverse-engineering the principles involved, he was able to answer a lot of questions on-the-spot.
              I was focused on the popping coils, because they are the simplest and earliest embodiment of whatever Hackenberg was trying to show.

I am convinced that 100% of OU devices employ parametric variation of inductance and/or capacitance, and from McKay's work and my own testing I believe he was pulsing at least one iron wire coil in the 'popping coils'. The dynamics for a ferromagnetic coil are interesting as the induced current creates not only a magnetic field, but it also saturates the core asymmetrically decreasing inductance. A sudden decrease in inductance while the core is holding a magnetic field would conceivably 'eject' magnetic flux lines as the impulse causes the core to effectively disappear.
              It explains the need for high voltage impulses (to overcome the resistance of iron wire) as well as why there would be 2 pair of wires in each of the popping coils (one set copper one set iron).
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hakasays View Post
                BroMikey I have some more Gray motor shots too (attached)

Had a real nice chat with Mark McKay on the motor and reverse-engineering the principles involved, he was able to answer a lot of questions on-the-spot.
                I was focused on the popping coils, because they are the simplest and earliest embodiment of whatever Hackenberg was trying to show.

I am convinced that 100% of OU devices employ parametric variation of inductance and/or capacitance, and from McKay's work and my own testing I believe he was pulsing at least one iron wire coil in the 'popping coils'. The dynamics for a ferromagnetic coil are interesting as the induced current creates not only a magnetic field, but it also saturates the core asymmetrically decreasing inductance. A sudden decrease in inductance while the core is holding a magnetic field would conceivably 'eject' magnetic flux lines as the impulse causes the core to effectively disappear.
                It explains the need for high voltage impulses (to overcome the resistance of iron wire) as well as why there would be 2 pair of wires in each of the popping coils (one set copper one set iron).
                Thx again. Has anyone gotten it to work? Or is there a piece missing

Comment

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
                  Has anyone gotten the motor to work? Or is there a piece missing
                  Only thing missing is the principle of operation

But seriously, I think McKay made a great breakthrough recently finding out that the original Gray motor(s) used Iron wire, opens up a lot of unique and relatively untested possibilities. But it will take at *least* a motor rewind in order to re-implement it.

Comment

Working...
                  X