Bi-toroid Transformer of Thane C. Heins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by qvision View Post
    Alex, the liks are in posts in this thread since you started posting so you only have to scan back a couple of pages to find them.
    Originally posted by qvision View Post
    I have not built a BITT so i have no direct knowledge.

Did you look at Dave's post above yours ?

All the best,

DC.

Yes, I have seen this site. It's very clear from the explanation...
    I tried to replicate it as I could...

Comment

• If noone here can help, all i can suggest is searching youtube and finding other replicators and send them a youtube message to start a discussion.

All the best,

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexg800 View Post
        Hello,
        I made & tested the BiTT represented on the photo. The big toroid has 6000 permeability, the little ones 1000. The tested frequencies are 1...20kHz, the loads were symmetric & non-symmetric ones, the primary was in resonance mode & ordinary mode. All the modes did not give any overunity, though there was an extremely high COP when the loads were asymmetrical ones... Where is a mistake? Who knows?
        In DLE-TEST05 : Confirmation of the Thane C. Heins' Effect with the BiTT v1.5, Naudin states that the overunity effect seems to be related to a high time constant (L/R) of the primary winding. Your primary seems to have a relatively small L/R and could probably use a lot more turns. Inductance, L, goes up exponentially with each turn whereas the resistance, R, increases linearly. Just keep wrapping more turns onto that primary and see what happens. I'm interested to know as I've tested the Bitoroid configuration before and didn't get the results similar to Thane's. Everything seemed conventional, albeit I was using a non-ideal core for a transformer effect.

Dave

Comment

• Why not contact Thane Heins and tell him you're an EE prof from some revered tech u hoping to replicate BiTT.
          LinkedIN Profile Page
          LinkedIN Group (Regenerative Acceleration)
          SlideShare (79 Documents)

One would think the more BiTT replications, the more credibilty he'd enjoy. After all, his main focus has been on regenerative acceleration. If he were deliberately withholding secrets, why post 'How to's... or is it just a tease to lure unwary, techno-naive investors?

Comment

• Originally posted by Web000x View Post
            In DLE-TEST05 : Confirmation of the Thane C. Heins' Effect with the BiTT v1.5, Naudin states that the overunity effect seems to be related to a high time constant (L/R) of the primary winding. Your primary seems to have a relatively small L/R and could probably use a lot more turns. Inductance, L, goes up exponentially with each turn whereas the resistance, R, increases linearly. Just keep wrapping more turns onto that primary and see what happens. I'm interested to know as I've tested the Bitoroid configuration before and didn't get the results similar to Thane's. Everything seemed conventional, albeit I was using a non-ideal core for a transformer effect.

Dave
            Hello Dave,
            Thanks a lot for your comment.
            In my design L=42mH, R=0.5 Ohm.
            So as the f = 4kHz, then X_L = 2*3.14*4000*0.042= 1055 Ohm.
            It means that X_L >>R, so COS is a proximately 90 degr.
            Of course I could add turns in the primary. Will it help? How do you think?
            B.R.

Comment

• Where can we get metglas cores or tape?
              Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• hi all been away for a little "bit"

here is most recent and most exciting work to date, enjoy

Bi Toroid Technology: Measuring Input and Smoothed DC Output - YouTube
                In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
                In the expert's mind there are few.
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Hi Kurt,

Nice video.

Has anyone suggested an analog amp meter on the output?

Great result for sure!

Keep at it.

Penno

p.s. any chance of circuit?

Comment

• Zero Voltage Switching Circuit

Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
                    hi all been away for a little "bit"

Awesome video, Mr.Clean!

It looks like overunity to me.

Would you please post a schematic of your Zero Voltage Switching Circuit?

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post

For a little 'bit', didn't notice that first time i read it, lol ;+}

All the best,

Comment

• Zvs circuit diagrams are at google, it appears to be an identical circuit in your new video 44 Mr.Clean. The center tapped primary is gorgeous, how have you arranged the pickup electromagnet?

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post

Hi Kurt,

You have asked woopy under the video text: btw...how do you check (lamp) ohms while running?

Well, it is not needed to know the "hot" resistance of the lamp for getting the lamp power: once you have the smoothed DC output across the lamp (16.95V) all you would need to do is connect an ampermeter directly in SERIES with the lamp. Even if you use a digital DC ampermeter, it would give a much better lamp current than your using the supposed 34 Ohm lamp resistance, just because you now have a well filtered (smoothed) DC voltage available.
                          One more notice: if I can see correctly you use a 12V battery as the input power source and you use 12V for the input power calculations. Have you checked the actual battery voltage? because if it has 12.8V for instance, then you underestimate the actual input power, the difference is not too much I know but why not use actual values?

Thanks for all your efforts.

rgds, Gyula
                          Last edited by gyula; 03-06-2013, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• great work everyone, sorry to butt in, i have a new Bitoroid video to share, using Metglass large cores and unique primary centertap idea.

Driving each primary core leg separately at its according secondary, while exhibiting input current drop under load, maintaining a strong emf thru distinct deliberate flux paths to secondaries, and good power to the load despite the input current falloff.

More to come, but wanted to see how the primary performed and if i got the right effects using Metglass, pleased so far... enjoy!

Bi-Toroid: MetGlass Powerlite Cores, Testing For Input Current Drop, Strong Performance Maintained - YouTube
                            -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by zolgar View Post
                              Zvs circuit diagrams are at google, it appears to be an identical circuit in your new video 44 Mr.Clean. The center tapped primary is gorgeous, how have you arranged the pickup electromagnet?
                              i appreciate that sir, yeah i like how it turned out.
                              The secondaries are connected to each other, bottom to top with thicker wire, added turns until i got the voltage i wanted. was a process for sure, but happy with the result.
                              Now to do the same with the Metglass cores, get away from LEDs and drive some real loads
                              -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                              X