Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheres the beef??

I don't see his technique for tuning aluminum??
    Did I miss something?

Chet
    If you want to Change the world
    BE that change !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
      I can't get my 3.5" can to resonate today and my 5" can won't even try to resonate.
      I don't think you can expect a glorified beer can to ring like a bell
      or a guitar. It isn't either. It is essentially a crude cheap mass
      produced utensil.

But if stroked by something along the lines of a violin bow, it should
      make a sound approximately resembling G:
      Frequencies of Musical Notes
      (if we are aiming for 50hz. 60hz people will be aiming for approx A sharp)

I still think the best signal to tune to is your mains - i.e. a cheap noisy
      mains transformer or a fat resistor in series with a cheap loudspeaker
      put across the mains - but be VERY careful and take advice from your
      electronics shop - for those who are inexperienced.

I made a "violin bow" from a piece of wood bent into a bow
      by a piece of string or several lengths of nylon fishing line.

Paul-R

Comment

A tuning fork or guitar string is so small that it doesn't displace a lot of air so they don't generate a lot of sound. However if the tuning fork or string is attached to a soundboard, the energy goes into the soundboard, which is large enough to displace sufficient air to be heard. The harmonics of the soundboard allow it to do this with a minimal cost of energy.

You can also place the vibrating end of a tuning fork near the opening of an aluminum drink can, and depending on pitch, the can will resonate and generate a sound, even without direct contact.
        read the whole thread; works for fork in water

Last edited by MonsieurM; 09-18-2011, 11:47 PM.
        Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Sanding Mastered

Well, I finally figured out how to sand these cans both inside and out. The way I did it was to vice up a 1/2" iron bar in a vice and have the bar stick out three to four inches. The idea is to put the open side of the can over the round bar stock; hold the can against the round bar; and sand the outside of the can while turning the can so that the can is supported by the round bar the whole time it is being sanded. This works both on the outside and inside of the can. The bar can also be used to work the open side of the can in case you got it out of round while sanding it. It works very well. Try it!!
          Last edited by Slovenia; 09-18-2011, 11:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Yes, I agree!!

Yes, I agree. The can is a piece of crap but, they are cheap and easy to play with. Hopefully my contact will share more soon. I think he wants me to earn my next lesson.

Actually we aren't supposed to make the can ring at this stage. We are just supposed to get it to vibrate against the suspended nail when hit with 60 hz..

The can will chatter a bit against the nail if it's been sanded and cut to the proper dimensions.

Thanks for sharing!!

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
            I don't think you can expect a glorified beer can to ring like a bell
            or a guitar. It isn't either. It is essentially a crude cheap mass
            produced utensil.

Paul-R
            Last edited by Slovenia; 09-19-2011, 01:20 AM. Reason: Added something

Comment

• European (.5 liter) Beer Can Width??

Please Help!!

We need the beer can width of a European .5 liter can of beer. Thanks!!!

Comment

• Contact is Edgy

I need to show my contact some positive video results soon or we may lose contact with him. So, I could use some more positive help on this.

Most of you have been very helpful indeed. Thanks to you!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                  Please Help!!

We need the beer can width of a European .5 liter can of beer. Thanks!!!
                  Hi Slovenia,

As I live in Europe, I be happy to buy a beer(can), but don't you think they might be different (thickness, grade of aluminium etc.etc ) by brand and manufacturer?

Cheers.

Comment

• Thanks

Cherryman,

Yes, you may well be right. My contact is in Serbia, so a Serbian .5 liter can would probably be the best to get the stats on. One of the Serbian beers we've been told about is Jelen Pivo. I'm primarily interested in the outside diameter of the can since we can grind the can to the desired thickness and we know the preferred length to be almost six inches.

So, if you are able to get us an outside diameter of a .5 liter beer can that would be most appreciated.

Best Regards,
                    Slovenia
                    USA

Originally posted by Cherryman View Post
                    Hi Slovenia,

As I live in Europe, I be happy to buy a beer(can), but don't you think they might be different (thickness, grade of aluminium etc.etc ) by brand and manufacturer?

Cheers.

Comment

• It's obvious to me that the (Mystery Contact) is merely a fabrications of ones mind.

Why doesn't this so called contact just say how to build this thing???

I've seen this (String everyone along) game many times.

Can you say "Dog and pony show???"

Just my opinion, I may be wrong...

Comment

• Different Sand Box

Well, that's a pretty nice insult. I don't like it.

Originally posted by bhaas View Post
                        It's obvious to me that the (Mystery Contact) is merely a fabrications of ones mind.

Why doesn't this so called contact just say how to build this thing???

I've seen this (String everyone along) game many times.

Can you say "Dog and pony show???"

Just my opinion, I may be wrong...

Comment

• very good points Core

Funny thing how some inventors want to share but its like pulling teeth!

Dr."S" [Slovenia] Is the dentist here , I have no doubt if he gets something together that looks like a reasonable effort has been made Mr."C"{Contact] will assist him further.

We need to play with this tech I'm all in for as long as takes to Vet this claim.
                          Its simple with no electronics ,and frankly I'm very intrigued!

@Haas
                          Don't be a Putz.........

Chet
                          Ps
                          Slovenia Which way does he say the taper goes?
                          I'm going back thru the Bronx tommorrow I'll try again to find that can!
                          BE that change !!

Comment

• Taper

Chet,

The taper points inward. I guess the outer edge is sanded beveled towards the inside of the can.

I was very disturbed by one post yesterday and won't be posting here for a while. I'll send you all my details Chet as I get them. I'll also send you my pics as I get more. I was angry and took down a lot of my recent posts yesterday.

Thanks for your support.

The aspects Core mentioned would all be great to have but we don't have that luxury. Getting info from my contact is like pulling teeth. I ask a lot of questions and may or may not get the answer to one. But, I know I'm sincere and I feel my contact is very sincere too.

Best Regards,
                            Slovenia

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                            Funny thing how some inventors want to share but its like pulling teeth!

Dr."S" [Slovenia] Is the dentist here , I have no doubt if he gets something together that looks like a reasonable effort has been made Mr."C"{Contact] will assist him further.

We need to play with this tech I'm all in for as long as takes to Vet this claim.
                            Its simple with no electronics ,and frankly I'm very intrigued!

Chet
                            Ps
                            Slovenia Which way does he say the taper goes?

Comment

• Slovenia keep experimenting...you are doing good:

"The Lips of Wisdom Are Closed, Except to the Ears of Understanding "
                              Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• Stand out people!!

Slovenia,
                                You are one of the standout people in these forums!!

You give countless hours of your time and efforts,dedicated to helping organize and share information ......... more times than I can count.
                                You make me proud ,you have given me hope many times!

That there are selfless men such as you and others here..............
                                This is the Hope for our Future!!

Newcomers find this hard to believe ,some men are so selfish.. a man like you baffles them........
                                I have been this selfish and still struggle!!
                                I take this reaction from Bhaas ........ As a compliment towards my post above.
                                And I hold no anomosity towards him or his comment.

Slovenia ,You are a Gem,
                                So much so.. that you are an anomoly to some peeps?
                                Take the comment [from bhaas] as a compliment ...................

Your friend
                                Chet

@ Now I need to get educated,I am confused?
                                A Wave ,how can it be the same frequency but measured so diferently
                                Paul R [is that wrtnr ??] posted this at OUR forum on "Acoustic" waves?

Frequencies of Musical Notes

I know a 60hz EM wave is practically half the size of the planet?

After all Davey Tunes with a PIANO ??
                                We're tuning with the "MAINS"??

Who's tune should we be playing ?the mains ? the Piano?

?????
                                Help!!!!!!!!
                                Last edited by RAMSET; 09-21-2011, 12:02 PM.
                                BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
                                X