Peter Daysh Davey Water Heater Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well It is a little funny!!

Tuning to a 1000 mile or so tall wave with a beer can.....................
    [http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...104810AALSR8H]

Come on "S"!! Yah gotta chuckle a little?? [I am right now]!
    I love it!!!
    And when you see the ring I'm working with you'll be Green! {if this works I'll share the source}

PEEPS [We Da peeps] gave us some great ideas,next time I go to NY [manana] I'm grabbin the Kids old Gitar Amp!

This is Good stuff

Chet
    @ PEEPS @ALL
    These are ELF {Extra Low Frequency} waves
    They work much much better in water!! {submarine Frequencies}
    And are the Frequency of choice for the Navy's underwater transmitting program!!

HHHMMMmmmm Cavitation in water [Peeps]?

Pistol Shrimp - YouTube

Oh wouldn't that be wonderful??? [and plausible]

This keeps getting better............................
    Last edited by RAMSET; 09-17-2011, 09:32 AM.
    If you want to Change the world
    BE that change !!

Comment

• Thank-you!!

Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure where you were coming from.

I was educated really well at one of the sister alternate fuel sites by a bunch of trolls and other assorted misfits, so humor is not one of my strong points.

I just want to build some stuff and get off-grid.

[QUOTE=WeThePeople_USA;157518][quote=Slovenia;157510]
      If people think this is to funny, I'll stop wasting my time posting here!!
      [/quote]

heheh, relax, it wasn't that specific.

It just got funny for a moment.

No insult was meant, maybe I shouldn't have noted my humor above.

[QUOTE]
      Last edited by Slovenia; 09-17-2011, 12:23 PM. Reason: TMI

Comment

• Tuning Beer Can (Added Tuning Info)

I just heard back from my contact, and he said my 3.5" cup was to small. He said you don't want a short can but a long can and that you have to sand the side of the can so that it is very thin. He was not clear on this before. I guess there is a very fine line between not sanding enough and sanding to much. The walls of my cans are very thin anyway, so this is going to be interesting. I don't want to deform the open end of my can since it needs to be as close to a perfect circle as possible.
        Last edited by Slovenia; 09-17-2011, 01:44 PM. Reason: Added Info

Comment

• Antennae

So if 3.5 seems to work 7 inch or there abouts should "Ring"
          Thanks Slovenia You keep saving me time!!

Chet
          BE that change !!

Comment

• Thanks!!

Thanks Gordon!!

Originally posted by MonsieurM View Post
            Slovenia you are doing good and helping the community...keep up the good work

WeThePeople_USA is also trying to help albeit in a more jovial manner

Comment

• Resonating @ 60 Hz

My 3.5" can was resonating @ 60 Hz. The material of my can is ultra thin, so I thought I'd be able to get by without sanding the outside of the can. It's easy enough to deform the cans I've been using without making the sides thinner, but I will follow the master's leadership. I think my contact is getting impressed. He sent me some tuning software last evening. I'll have to look it over and see if I can share it.

Anyway, I think we are gaining. My contact said the can should be a lot longer than 3.5 inches, so I'm thinking I need a longer can. I'm going to look for one of those energy drinks in the slimmer longer can.

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
              So if 3.5 seems to work 7 inch or there abouts should "Ring"
              Thanks Slovenia You keep saving me time!!

Chet

Comment

• Online Tone Generator (Link)

Here is a great on line tone generator and it's free.

Turn Your Volume Down To Start With!!!

Online Tone Generator - Simple, Free and Easy to Use.
                Last edited by Slovenia; 09-17-2011, 09:18 PM. Reason: Warning Added

Comment

• Originally posted by RAMSET View Post
                  Wrtner
                  You say 300hz?

Slovenia's contact mentioned 300hz!
                  I never mentioned 300hz

You need to tune to your mains frequency or an octave.

If your mains is 50hz,
                  then tune to 50 or 100 or 200 or 400 etc

If your mains frequency is 60hz
                  then tune to 60 or 120 or 240 or 480 etc.

Paul-R

Comment

• My Experiments

My Can Resonance Experiments:
                    This is not as easy at it might seem just reading about it. Anyway, according to my European contact it is possible and worthwhile. He says that the outer skin of the can must be sanded and not the top edge. I have tried several diameters of aluminum can. The smaller 6 oz V8 can was to rigid to work but maybe if I sand it it will work. I've cut the 12 oz pop cans to several different heights and only found one height that would work for me, 3.5". Like I said, I haven't sanded any of the outer skins of the cans yet, so that might well make a big difference. I will try to find time to do some sanding today. It's best to sand the cans before you cut them or it becomes a monumental task. If you mess up a can, you just get another can and use it.

I'd like to see some other photos of experiments out there.

http://i55.tinypic.com/dz9nnm.jpg
                    Last edited by Slovenia; 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM. Reason: Photo Prob

Comment

• Originally posted by Slovenia View Post
                      I have tried several diameters of aluminum can.
                      I am not up to speed on this variant, but I would think that Aluminium,
                      as a material, would not ring well. You never see Al tuning forks, bells etc.
                      These items, made to ring, are always made in steel (with church bells
                      being made in various bronzes, for some reason).

How about considering a steel can that does not have circular strenghening
                      ribs in its construction? i.e. a straight simple steel can which can be tested
                      to be steel, whilst still on the supermarket shelf, with a magnet.

Comment

• Al Does Not Ring Well

Wrtner,

Nice to hear from you. I haven't asked the contact why he chose the aluminum cans for his sonic boiler yet. I'm assuming they worked and did not corrode to badly in water. The aluminum can is a bear to tune to 60 Hz. My contact did tell me that stainless steel tubes could also be used but that was not for a sonic boiler application. He hasn't provided me with any more information on the other device, so I have no materials to share about it. I would prefer to utilize the stainless tubes instead of the aluminum cans.

Regards,
                        Slovenia

Originally posted by wrtner View Post
                        I am not up to speed on this variant, but I would think that Aluminium,
                        as a material, would not ring well. You never see Al tuning forks, bells etc.
                        These items, made to ring, are always made in steel (with church bells
                        being made in various bronzes, for some reason).

How about considering a steel can that does not have circular strenghening
                        ribs in its construction? i.e. a straight simple steel can which can be tested
                        to be steel, whilst still on the supermarket shelf, with a magnet.

Comment

• Yes ,You didn't say 300 [i was wishing it :-{

Wrtner
                          Nothing in the 3's at all! Hard to imagine even Squeezin in a 3 in the harmonics. {we know 3's are special]

And yes Aluminum is not the first choice for a "ring".

I'm guessing the "Contact" spent alot of time getting this to work and stay working for years and years.
                          perhaps the lower psi material has unforseen advantages? Not as hard ,brittle or Think about this......................
                          It will vibrate easier when Immersed ?? OH YES IT WILL!!
                          The Thinner the better!!

@ Mr.S Perhaps sanding the can when full? [sorry for mentioning the profoundly obvious [can't help myself]].

I believe we will become master can sanders,I don't know if it pays well but we will be proud of our "rings"!
                          Thank you again Slovenia I like this more and more!!

Chet
                          BE that change !!

Comment

• Full Can

"Elementary my dear Watson elementary." Sherlock Holmes would have been proud. If it had been a rattle snake it would have bitten me. Good Show!!

Very good indeed!!

Originally posted by RAMSET View Post

@ Mr.S Perhaps sanding the can when full? [sorry for mentioning the profoundly obvious [can't help myself]].

I believe we will become master can sanders,I don't know if it pays well but we will be proud of our "rings"!
                            Thank you again Slovenia I like this more and more!!

Chet

Comment

• Word Quiz!!

I need some help with some words from my contact. I can not decipher them and google translate didn't help with them.

Words Relate To This Study.

Words:

strujnoj resonance (mains resonance??)

sojećim waves

nehercijanski (Tesla stationary waves??)

Sruja (What or who is this??)

Comment

• Secret Weapon

Mr S
                                I have a secret weapon for bringing the Ring into tolerance!
                                One of the things I do to pay the bills is I make a Brush plating kit!

Add metal wherever you need it for crankshafts machine parts etc....

Once you get your can tuned, Put a caliper on the out side and I will make
                                The Ring part to spec ,And then I will; send you a plating"Kit" with a Grafite Slug[fits in the ring]
                                so you can ADD dimension with a copper or nickel [silver or Gold if you like] solution.

We can build the Tolerance with metal solution then Hone till just right.
                                if we go to far with the Hone??
                                So what ................ we put the metal back on a molecule at a time!!

Tune till perfection and perhaps????????????

Wallah!!
                                Chet
                                PS
                                I will extend this Tech/ offer to any serious replicator No charge!!
                                BE that change !!

Comment

Working...
                                X