Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John H Crystal Cell

Zeropoint,
    Thanks for the kind words. Hope that this cell works out for everybody, as this mooring I'm finding the problems with the cell, hopefully they can be worked out.
    I have some ideas that I will pass on to the group. Thanks again.
    John

Originally posted by ZeropointEnergy View Post
    Hello John,

I thankyou for all the technolgy that you have released to the public and
    from the information I read about the crystal/earth batteries at the
    convention is they achieved powering "real" loads.
    I'm sure we can scale these up to obatin the desired load and if people can
    not afford the $1000 for large cells. A small cell that powers a light for a day
    due to a chemical reaction is an amazing thing, more so in a third world
    country that can not afford the electricity, is profound for them.

I seen old footage of John H's crystal cells (shake and bake) about 10yrs ago
    that produced 1V (no current was measured) and did not see the significance
    then, I'm not a teenager now

I have just seen ETFV 18 today and will have to start testing what you
    demonstrated and start testing properties in the different results obtained.
    I friend has asked me to test materials from lay lines? and will provide the
    quartz crystal and other samples.

Glad to see you posting here and I'm looking forward to what is achieved
    in utilizing this technology, I'm happy with just the 1V at 100mA, 12 of them
    can do I minimum of running a SSG

Regards
    Dan.
    John Bedini
    www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Hutchinson Cell update

Here is a video of John Bedini and the results of of his findings with this configuration of the Hutchinson cell

‪John Bedini findings on Hutchison cell 9 August 2011.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

Comment

John H Crystal Cell

Brent A929,
        I have read everything you have sent to me. Your right it is very spooky right now on the whole internet. The forum is very dead and people are not saying anything. hope it comes back but to life but people are very worried about jobs. hope everything is ok with you.
        John
        John Bedini
        www.johnbedini.net

Comment

An idea

Originally posted by seth View Post
          Yes - this does look similar to the Trowoeger Pryramid thingy. Ley Line and grid theory testing would certainly be interesting.

I might try and position some in the ground near some old masonic pubs, churches and castles, and see if i get anything....I already have the spot in mind....

Hey Seth,

I reason I thought of this was due to the vortices (spinning particles) found
          in the water molecules exposed to this anomoly, was in a New Dawn
          magazine. (and was from a Churches holy water )

I do know this has been quantified with data under the mircoscope and I
          will not dismiss the facts. Only time will tell what can be obtained through
          these cells, but I will make one and posts the results.
          I will use Iron Pyrite/Calcite crystal mix and follow the methodolgy JB
          layed out in EFTV 18, I'm interested in the power amplifacation
          properties of this mix.
          Will need 3 weeks to 2 months before can grow this integration process
          and will provide all data.
          Then will follow the John H Crystal cell design, with the exception of the
          experimental mix baked into a rod, if I can pull if off

Will also provide a cell made to John H's specs to compare the efficency,
          if any that was obtained due to the one variable changed.
          Now time to find my compass and true north here in Australia

Regards
          Zero

Comment

John's even more recent video on chucks channel

‪2 Mg Cu Hutchison cells as Built by John Bedini 08092011.wmv‬‏ - YouTube

Thanks John! Looking forward to seeing your AC charging results.

I ran my battery till the LED stopped (on the JT). I then left it all in the garage for 2 days. Now Ive just taken it inside, and its lighting the LED again. interesting beast, this crystal battery. Great to feel like a chemistry undergrad again too
            Last edited by seth; 08-10-2011, 11:04 PM.

Comment

John H Crystal Cell

Seth more information

Today when doing test on the new crystal batteries. I discovered two things but not a mention from John H, I don't think he measured the crystal that way.

While watching the corrosion factor because of the sodium silicate or water glass on the copper electrode during forming. The corrosion did not seem to bother the cell as it soon turned to a crystal that combined with the other salts.

The cell still worked as an ultra capacitor but I could parallel the cell together for more current. The second thing was to check the noise in the cell as I wanted to see if the chemicals were generating noise of any kind. What I discovered is that this cell is a great graviton detector as I know what the signal looks like on the scope, gravity waves roll through like ocean waves.
              Then I wanted to look something up and I noticed that another you tube on this crystal cell just popped up here is the link.
              Power from a ROCK - YouTube Just Basic information seems like John H just did all kinds of experiments with different rocks.
              John B
              Last edited by John_Bedini; 08-11-2011, 03:10 AM. Reason: typo
              John Bedini
              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Hi, John,

I've been trying the hutchison cells as well (wavefront101). I think you might be interested in this article here.
                The Buckminster Fuller Challenge | Catalyzing the vanguard of a design science revolution

I do notice that a lot of the cells I made act as self charging supercapacitors, but not all depending on their mix and electrode spacing. Seems as though from the article, hutchison has advanced his cells past this point and somehow obtained a lot more power. I guess we will see if he puts out that next video, that should be a good one. Seems like the first video was sort of like an introduction.

I do find the crystal growth very interesting. I'm looking into how to grow crystals onto the electrodes before adding the mixture to see if that could produce some different results.

One cell that I made can power a joule thief and a white led, and it's been running for 2 weeks now, after drying in the sun. Most of my other cells fail to do this after drying. I know that it is a small amount of power, but I am happy just lighting an led. Hopefully we can improve the current like hutchison seems to have done.

Comment

John H Crystal Cell

Freezer,
                  I know what your saying here and I have read this article I'm not sure that we will see the power house cell and I have done real testing under power loads. I do know what your saying but some things bother me with this video, he is a tricky guy. I see something going on and I do not think he owns the rights anymore to his work. that is what I see buy the video
                  write up, Too bad. Hope things work out for him. Mine works like a super cap. I guess I will wait to see what everybody reports.
                  John
                  John Bedini
                  www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Originally posted by Freezer View Post

One cell that I made can power a joule thief and a white led, and it's been running for 2 weeks now, after drying in the sun. Most of my other cells fail to do this after drying. I know that it is a small amount of power, but I am happy just lighting an led. Hopefully we can improve the current like hutchison seems to have done.
                    Hi Wavefront101!!!

Thanks for coming here and sharing your results. Great videos. Well done on this achievement. Did you need to charge the cell first, or was the mA/V enough to drive the JThief without charging?

I find that charging the cell will charge it like a supercap, but the charge bleeds off quickly. Without charging there's always a minimum amount of mA and V, but with a properly built cell (as i suspect you have) this minimum amount could be enough to drive a JThief.

@John B.

you mention in one of the above videos the interesting effect of shorting the battery and then reconnecting the LED. What kind of circuit would be necessary to constantly short the battery and then reconnect? I'm a bad electrical engineer - still not sure really how a transistor works. So all your help (and many many others here) is greatly appreciated

@ Zero

Great stuff!! Looking forward to seeing your results.
                    Last edited by seth; 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Hi Wavefront101!!!

Thanks for coming here and sharing your results. Great videos. Well done on this achievement. Did you need to charge the cell first, or was the mA/V enough to drive the JThief without charging?

I find that charging the cell will charge it like a supercap, but the charge bleeds off quickly. Without charging there's always a minimum amount of mA and V, but with a properly built cell (as i suspect you have) this minimum amount could be enough to drive a JThief.

@John B.

you mention in one of the above videos the interesting effect of shorting the battery and then reconnecting the LED. What kind of circuit would be necessary to constantly short the battery and then reconnect? I'm a bad electrical engineer - still not sure really how a transistor works. So all your help (and many many others here) is greatly appreciated

@ Zero

Great stuff!! Looking forward to seeing your results.
                      here is how a transistor works -
                      What is a Transistor - Bedini Energizer how to - YouTube

Comment

Hi Wavefront101!!!

I don't know if my cell is "properly" built, I did use the basic minerals he used, but haven't tried the sodium silicate. I think that could have interesting effects. Perhaps it is used to grow something inside the cell like this video -
                        Silicate Salts, A Crystal Garden - YouTube

The joule theif I'm using is only drawing 10mA @ .650 volts. The cell will fluctuate from .5 to .7 volts under load. When I first connected it to the joule theif it was @ .45 volts. It then seem to come up and stabilize somewhat, but goes up and down with temperature. So when I look at the voltage, I also look at what temperature it's at to compare. The power could just be galvanic using ambient moisture in the air, I'm not sure. I'm no expert in electronics or chemistry.

As for the supercap characteristics, I believe that will somewhat subside after it fully dries, or at least drys for a good amount of time. The time it takes to dry seems to depends on the mixture used. Leaving in the sun seemed to speed things up a bit. So it seems the capacity as a supercap will go down as it dries. I think as John has said, we don't really want a supercap we want that power sustained. I think if you want more power, do as John has done, and use more mass in the electrodes with a good surface area, I would do that, but can't afford the materials, nor do I have the tooling. Magnesium and carbon cost a lot, which is why I used cheap copper and galvanized pipe for most of my cells. Although the cell running my joule theif uses carbon, magnesium rod. I want to try John's copper method, but don't have a blow torch, but that could be a better way.

Comment

John H Crystal Cell.

Originally posted by Freezer View Post
                          I don't know if my cell is "properly" built, I did use the basic minerals he used, but haven't tried the sodium silicate. I think that could have interesting effects. Perhaps it is used to grow something inside the cell like this video -
                          Silicate Salts, A Crystal Garden - YouTube

The joule theif I'm using is only drawing 10mA @ .650 volts. The cell will fluctuate from .5 to .7 volts under load. When I first connected it to the joule theif it was @ .45 volts. It then seem to come up and stabilize somewhat, but goes up and down with temperature. So when I look at the voltage, I also look at what temperature it's at to compare. The power could just be galvanic using ambient moisture in the air, I'm not sure. I'm no expert in electronics or chemistry.

As for the supercap characteristics, I believe that will somewhat subside after it fully dries, or at least drys for a good amount of time. The time it takes to dry seems to depends on the mixture used. Leaving in the sun seemed to speed things up a bit. So it seems the capacity as a supercap will go down as it dries. I think as John has said, we don't really want a supercap we want that power sustained. I think if you want more power, do as John has done, and use more mass in the electrodes with a good surface area, I would do that, but can't afford the materials, nor do I have the tooling. Magnesium and carbon cost a lot, which is why I used cheap copper and galvanized pipe for most of my cells. Although the cell running my joule theif uses carbon, magnesium rod. I want to try John's copper method, but don't have a blow torch, but that could be a better way.

Freezer,
                          This is exactly what I'm seeing so the sodium silicate is not necessary for the mix. I have some test to do, to what the cell is detecting and will post it. I wish I could do streaming video
                          I would load the cell and everybody could watch the chart. I commend John H for atleast posting the simple mix. But what it is scavenging I have not seen yet, but I'm looking. The only thing I would like is a little more accuracy in the mixing and not someone filing rocks. I understand you can make hundreds of these, but how could you not know the potential of the electrodes. It is obvious that copper is going to be the positive electrode and iron zinc the negative does not make since to me here, why? Not very scientific.
                          John B
                          Last edited by John_Bedini; 08-11-2011, 04:35 PM. Reason: correction
                          John Bedini
                          www.johnbedini.net

Comment

Originally posted by John_Bedini View Post
                            Freezer,
                            This is exactly what I'm seeing so the sodium silicate is not necessary for the mix. I have some test to do, to what the cell is detecting and will post it. I wish I could do streaming video
                            I wish I could see you live in action. I do greatly appreciate your work, and the videos you have put up, and I'm sure others do to.

Freezer,
                            I would load the cell and everybody could watch the chart. I commend John H for atleast posting the simple mix. But what it is scavenging I have not seen yet, but I'm looking. The only thing I would like is a little more accuracy in the mixing and not someone filing rocks.
                            Yes, I'm starting to realize that in order to improve the cell, you need to measure all quantities and compare with the results. I haven't done much of that, as I didn't expect to get much out of these cells.

Freezer,
                            It is obvious that copper is going to be the positive electrode and iron zinc the negative does not make since to me here, why? Not very scientific.
                            John B
                            Never mind I understand now, you mean the person in hutchison's video making the cell. I don't think hutchison really follows the scientific way. I think this is why Boyd Bushman stressed in his interview, to always record the data. I think this is why he couldn't reproduce the hutchison effect on demand, because he never recorded the settings or parameters. But it does seem like he might still have something else to show since he said he would make a number 2 video.
                            Last edited by Freezer; 08-11-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

John H Crystal Cell

Freezer,
                              I do not see any need for the water glass in the mix if you can not cure it.
                              I however just made one measuring the quantities, just Rochelle salts two spoons and Epsom salts 1 and 1/2 spoon and 1/50 selenium for the rectifier and calcium carbonate 1/10 spoon it holds for about 35 minutes under a power load. Then the cell goes into self protection as I stated on the earth light forum.
                              This is how this mixture operates. The cell that started to produce copper sulphate is now dry and operates the same way. It took a torch on the copper to get it to cure, not a good thing to do around magnesium, but it worked. My charts are almost done but I can see that the maximum current is about 3Ma at .75 volts all day long and then recovery is debatable unless you charge it. Just some more things to think about.
                              John B
                              Last edited by John_Bedini; 08-11-2011, 06:14 PM. Reason: word
                              John Bedini
                              www.johnbedini.net

Comment

New results...

Ive just made four more small cells in an old plastic egg carton - each one with the same ingredients (I added a little sand from my daughters play pit, for good measure) and joined them all in parallel, with my old cell too.

All together they measure 10 mA at 1.3V (no load)
                                And with the JThief connected it draws 5.5mA, but the voltage drops to 0.5.

Its been running my LED at what seems like full brightness for about 6 hours. I'll leave it running overnight.

Hutchison cell version 2 - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X