Joule Ringer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Totoalas,

There are four ways to hook two diodes up to the center tap: One; the two in series end to end. Two, the two in parallel, side by side, or Three Avmarenko style, the two diodes side by side but inverted to one another. Are you using any of these configurations, or the fourth, a co-joined Avmarenko ?

As for the fourth: The center tap attaches to the positive pole of the battery as in all Xee2's circuits. I imagine you have one diode running from the positive pole of the battery to the center tap, then a second diode reversed, running from the center tap back to the positive or negative battery pole? Sounds like you simply twisted two reverse faceing diodes together at each end and positioned them between the positive battery electrode and the center tap. This is my best guess.

The negative pole charging effect indicates that there may be no amperage at all looping back. Perhaps merely pure ground scouring radiant BEMF voltage alone.

We all wonder if the charge is any good, or like the lead acid battery I sent to the dumps that read 12.73 volts but was too weak to even beep my car horn. Maybe you can test it and see if it lights any bulbs? Awesome achievement if so, congratulations!
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 02-22-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
      @Totoalas,

There are four ways to hook two diodes up to the center tap: One; the two in series end to end. Two, the two in parallel, side by side, or Three Avmarenko style, the two diodes side by side but inverted to one another. Are you using any of these configurations, or the fourth, a co-joined Avmarenko ?

As for the fourth: The center tap attaches to the positive pole of the battery as in all Xee2's circuits. I imagine you have one diode running from the positive pole of the battery to the center tap, then a second diode reversed, running from the center tap back to the positive or negative battery pole? Sounds like you simply twisted two reverse faceing diodes together at each end and positioned them between the positive battery electrode and the center tap. This is my best guess.

The negative pole charging effect indicates that there may be no amperage at all looping back. Perhaps merely pure ground scouring radiant BEMF voltage alone.

We all wonder if the charge is any good, or like the lead acid battery I sent to the dumps that read 12.73 volts but was too weak to even beep my car horn. Maybe you can test it and see if it lights any bulbs? Awesome achievement if so, congratulations!
      Originally Posted by Allen Burgess
      @Dave45,

While it's true that an electric field can transfer power between coils, it is also true that the electric field can be TRANSFORMED into magnetic flux, and back again into an electric field. Magnatisem and electricity are different forces. Hence the term "Transformer". There is no force transformation involved between coils. Tansfer of energy by electric field between coils is called INDUCTION.

Hi allen well explained
      from c tap 0 0 shorted by 2 opposing diodes looped 3 times on a ring magnet on top transformer then to a toroid attached to the ring magnet then to the pos source
      put one alligaor clip to collector and the other end just magnetized by the toroid/ magnet

Comment

• Hi Guys,
        Just Jim from the Bedini Earth Cell thread.
        Quick question.
        I placed two toroid chokes in parallel but out of phase coil wise facing each other. So this is a variant on what Lasersaber recently showed etc.
        Is it routine to see a 10mm LED be "ON" and not blinking at 20uA? I have built a few variants but this seems to work well. If this is to be expected I appreciate your knowledge.
        Very Best Regards,
        Jim
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hajame View Post
          Carring,

Your "Wimpy" schematics should have one more mistake - the PWM MOSFET diode has been reversed. I have replicated it and could not get it to work unless I connected the anode of the diode to the MOSFET gate and cathode to pin 7 of 555.

Your circuit is awesome~ My replication is able to light a 3W LED bulb with 12V@60mA with about half brightness. Minimum idle current is 30mA while it is 100mA without the PWM control.

Cheers
          hajame
          Hi! I haven't played with this in a while - it's actually running a lamp in the chicken coop LOL On a 100 ft. run.

If you got it working your way, great! It's one of those circuits best done up in a metal case with fuse protection, let's face it - if I hooked it up, fire is always an option. LOL Best be safe. Mine hasn't burnt up though.

One thing...

I ended up using 1% resistors on the FETs and went through a bunch to match them. I also made sure I used exact lengths of similar gauge wire on the whole inverter hookup. And I matched capcitors too. It's actually not a very good inverter - in that the whole thing is a balancing act, and current can favor one side over the other, heating up one FET. There is no protection on those FETs either - another boo boo.

Something to try.. (I never did, but was curious, if you do, let me know).

Try rectifying the output of the end of the ac run, then measure what the DC volts are, and matching (raw) LEDs.. see if that is more efficient than using a commercial bulb that relies on it's own step down or capacitive/reactive current control. You might get better brilliance that way.

Cheers.

Kyle
          ----------------------------------------------------
          Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by jehdds View Post
            Hi Guys,
            Just Jim from the Bedini Earth Cell thread.
            Quick question.
            I placed two toroid chokes in parallel but out of phase coil wise facing each other. So this is a variant on what Lasersaber recently showed etc.
            Is it routine to see a 10mm LED be "ON" and not blinking at 20uA? I have built a few variants but this seems to work well. If this is to be expected I appreciate your knowledge.
            Very Best Regards,
            Jim
            HEy Jim!

I take it you are running it on an crystal battery...
            When it is running, what is the loaded voltage of the cell?
            Of course these numbers are probably false, is your meter RMS>
            But nonetheless, it can give you some indication of the power used. It looks good.

One problem "I suspect"... witht he whole lasersaber video is that anytime you run an LED "underpowered" - you get X lumens, let's say. Or a reading on a LUX meter. Then, if you run that same LED at manufactors typical operating conditions, let's say 3.2V @ 25 mA, you get Y lumens or a "Y LUX reading".

What is the relationship, is it linear? Or.. do we get a disproportionate amount of LUX for an underpowered situation. How efficient is the power use. In Lasersabers video, he shows the conventional run on the LED with 2.99 voltas, if I am remembering correctly. That is below typical.

I am going to buy a LUX meter myself and play with it.

I suspect, possibly that the LUX output, for a given input, is not linear, and we may see a huge jump during that last bit of input; in other words - take a look at the LUX / power relationship, right up to specs.

Cheers
            ----------------------------------------------------
            Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
              @Totoalas,

Hi Allen,
              Ive tested the battery with car dc fan from 11.8 down to 7.,6 a when its on for 1 minute the when isolated the batt voltage slowly climb back to 11 . 8
              need to do more tests
              JOULE Ringer Charging Effect 230212 - YouTube
              thanks

totoalas
              Last edited by totoalas; 02-23-2012, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                Originally Posted by Allen Burgess
                @Dave45,

While it's true that an electric field can transfer power between coils, it is also true that the electric field can be TRANSFORMED into magnetic flux, and back again into an electric field. Magnatisem and electricity are different forces. Hence the term "Transformer". There is no force transformation involved between coils. Tansfer of energy by electric field between coils is called INDUCTION.

Hi allen well explained
                from c tap 0 0 shorted by 2 opposing diodes looped 3 times on a ring magnet on top transformer then to a toroid attached to the ring magnet then to the pos source
                put one alligaor clip to collector and the other end just magnetized by the toroid/ magnet
                Hi totoalas
                its good to see you making all these good stuff but I appriciate if you can post a schematic so we can understand it butter.

good luck

Ehsan
                Take the wisdom even from the mouths of the insane

Comment

• Here is the modified Lasersaber Circuit showing the LED on at 3uA.
                  the 2222 Tranny is better than the larger one I used last night.
                  Modified Lasersaber Toroid oscillator - YouTube
                  If anyone else finds the dual toroid more efficient please advise.
                  Is it normal to have the circuit continue to RING for 30 seconds upon removal of power source if the cap is a 100uF 50V cap?
                  Very Best Regards,
                  Jim

Comment

• Is it normal to have the circuit continue to RING for 30 seconds upon removal of power source if the cap is a 100uF 50V cap?
                    Try a higher voltage cap out. I have had some long runs on 200-400v low uF caps.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSaber View Post
                      Try a higher voltage cap out. I have had some long runs on 200-400v low uF caps.
                      Does this extended ringing help or detract from efficiency?
                      Should we shoot to increase the time that the circuit rings after removal of power source as a means to fine tune it even more?
                      Thank you again.
                      Very Best Regards,
                      Jim

Comment

• wind a shorted coil like Eds pmh under your super joule ringer, bring the aether to you.
                        dave
                        Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                          wind a shorted coil like Eds pmh under your super joule ringer, bring the aether to you.
                          dave
                          Dave,
                          Thank you. Could you help be a bit more specific, I am new to this.
                          Point me in the correct direction. Eds pmh is found in what thread?

Very Best Regards,
                          Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
                            wind a shorted coil like Eds pmh under your super joule ringer, bring the aether to you.
                            dave
                            Figured it out. Got it thank you for the hint.
                            Perpetual Motion Holder Diagram
                            Very Best Regards,
                            Jim

Comment

• Originally posted by ehsanco1062 View Post
                              Hi totoalas
                              its good to see you making all these good stuff but I appriciate if you can post a schematic so we can understand it butter.

good luck

Ehsan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this a rough sketch of my st up

totoalas

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this a rough sketch of my st up

totoalas
                                Hi Totoalas,
                                I tried to catch up with your sketch, but am confused with some of the components, for instance, what is the component "c", which has 5 leads in it? Is it the Joule Ringer circuit? So can you draw out the circuit in the sketch ?
                                In your previous clips of YT, the transformer has 110V--0, 0--110V in its primary, then 15V--0--15V in the secondary. Now this is not the same in your sketch showed. And also I cannot find out where is the output to the led lamps in the sketch.
                                Please clarify or make some indications in your sketch. Thank you in advance.
                                aaron5120

Comment

Working...
                                X