Joule Ringer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
    @Xee2 - the flyback is a Samsung FCK-14B2. Came from an old 14" or 15" monitor. It's relatively small compared to most, but must have had a light life. Just a salvage junker. Instead of connecting a load back around to the flyback pins, we can use some Tesla tower tricks, of needle end breakouts and balancing with clip leads. This morning I knocked the needle croc lead near to the transistor heatsink and sparks really flew. About an inch and continuous from 3 places. Being as that heatsink is where the Collector goes directly on to, it didn't seem a good idea to let it carry on. But, it was sending out the signals to the flyback, which generated HV back to that pin that was sending out the signals in the first place ! Cool things these flybacks.
    Interestingly, it doesn't seem to prefer higher voltages. The squeal increases, but not a lot changes at the output end and it detunes to a slightly different pot position
    Thanks. I use 1/4" fuel tubing around the pins to prevent arcing between pins.

Comment

• Hi folks, Here is the lasersaber/minoly mod for the SSG circuit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

peace love light
      tyson

edit: had to move the base diode back and place a base resistor at first transistor. Now it looks right.
      I fired up my setup, though with only two strands for now and it is working as minoly has said, though I'm using a 1uf-250volt capacitor instead of 10uf. It is drawing 180 milliamps with the 2 coil strands, though I have another to use. It is charging well even with just the two strands so far. Also, I am using 1kohm base resistors instead of 100ohm.
      Last edited by SkyWatcher; 12-05-2011, 07:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
        Hi folks, Here is the lasersaber/minoly mod for the SSG circuit.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

peace love light
        tyson

edit: had to move the base diode back and place a base resistor at first transistor. Now it looks right.
        I fired up my setup, though with only two strands for now and it is working as minoly has said, though I'm using a 1uf-250volt capacitor instead of 10uf. It is drawing 180 milliamps with the 2 coil strands, though I have another to use. It is charging well even with just the two strands so far. Also, I am using 1kohm base resistors instead of 100ohm.
        Thanks Sky Minoly and all
        did miss the diode in my shopping list so I can start again next week as my day off comes to a clos

thanks

totoalas

Comment

peace love light
          tyson

Very close
          Good catch on the 100 ohm base resistor.

Also, the trigger needs to go to primary pos instead of neg. It works the way you have it, I just happen to have it hooked up like a joule thief/JB’s solid state.

I would put the neon’s EC just in case… especially for those who are new to the JB energizers. The transistors will pop and release their special smoke on one small mistake otherwise .

Not sure if this matters… the pot and 100ohm resistor in parallel with the cap are 2watts. The 100’s at the bases are ¼ watts. I just measured the wire, they are 3.6 ohms each. The spool is 3 inch high with ¾ inch diameter. Again, not sure if any of this makes any difference – just throwing it all out there… the caps on front and back are 3300uf 350v each.
          I think smaller lower imp will work better, these are what I have on hand.

Patrick

Comment

• Cgarging 101 Some Useful Info

Login

12V 60A car battery , maybe dead? - Overunity
            Last edited by totoalas; 12-05-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
              Login

www.overunity.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=44507;quo te;u=1809]Login[/url]
              this link does not work for me, what is the title of the thread and under what category?
              thanks,
              Patrick

PS their site is extremely slow bogged down - or just me?

Comment

• SS-SSG Expandable

Patrick etc.,
                This thread is going wonderfully far afield. I'm loving the different variants being explored.

I took Blackchisel's schematic of the Bedini SS-SSG that you referenced and tried to see if I could expand it to a multi-coil setup.
                In all my experimentation, expanding an SS-SSG to multiple coils with just one trigger has been a bit of an issue.
                I've looked at a lot of setups and this is by far the best.
                Patrick, thanks for opening my mind!
                Using the Bedini / Welcome to Renaissance Charge - SSG PCBs. Multiple coils can be added with just one trigger.
                The boards/coils can be chained.

I made a video showing this.
                SS SSG setup can be expanded.mov - YouTube

Does anyone have any thoughts about the signal variation between the two coils?

They seem to sync up at the sweet spot?

The 18 gauge wire requires (as BlackChisel shows in his schematic) a 20K resistor from the master coil B to C and a 10K from the B to E, to oscillate without allowing too much current to be used.
                The system gets hot at half of those value and runs too fast at twice those values.

The system shows what Patrick confirmed about the SS-SSG charging 6 big batteries from one small one.

Didn't John Bedini have independent testing to confirm he was fully charging 12 batteries from 1?

I thought I added the Blackchisel schematic to the end of my vid but it seems to have dropped off. It was referenced a couple of pages back.
                Here it is again. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks to all for this very dynamic thread.
                Stephen
                Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

• 12V 60A car battery , maybe dead? overunity

Feb 18, 2008 ... 12V 60A car battery , maybe dead? ... The battery is a 12volt 60Ah Varta

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen Brown View Post
                    Patrick etc.,
                    This thread is going wonderfully far afield. I'm loving the different variants being explored.

I took Blackchisel's schematic of the Bedini SS-SSG that you referenced and tried to see if I could expand it to a multi-coil setup.
                    In all my experimentation, expanding an SS-SSG to multiple coils with just one trigger has been a bit of an issue.
                    I've looked at a lot of setups and this is by far the best.
                    Patrick, thanks for opening my mind!
                    Using the Bedini / Welcome to Renaissance Charge - SSG PCBs. Multiple coils can be added with just one trigger.
                    The boards/coils can be chained.

I made a video showing this.
                    SS SSG setup can be expanded.mov - YouTube

Does anyone have any thoughts about the signal variation between the two coils?

They seem to sync up at the sweet spot?

The 18 gauge wire requires (as BlackChisel shows in his schematic) a 20K resistor from the master coil B to C and a 10K from the B to E, to oscillate without allowing too much current to be used.
                    The system gets hot at half of those value and runs too fast at twice those values.

The system shows what Patrick confirmed about the SS-SSG charging 6 big batteries from one small one.

Didn't John Bedini have independent testing to confirm he was fully charging 12 batteries from 1?

I thought I added the Blackchisel schematic to the end of my vid but it seems to have dropped off. It was referenced a couple of pages back.
                    Here it is again. ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Thanks to all for this very dynamic thread.
                    Stephen
                    NICE Stephen!
                    I like all your explanations it cleans it up.
                    It's crazy how simple this is.

well almost...

I also forgot all about the extra resistors on the first "trigger" transistor when I was looking at Tyson's drawing...
                    It will be nice to have JB's comparator ckt added to this.

Patrick

Comment

• Thanks

Originally posted by altrez View Post
                      Ged,

I have a small 150 watt inverter that is powered by 4 small 7aH 12 v SLA Battery's and charged by two 18 watt panels to keep the battery bank topped off.

It has 5 2 watt LED lights running from the inverter perfectly. I can also charge a cell phone and power a radio and laptop all at the same time at right around 85 watts use.

The battery bank gives me 28 amp hours. I get right at 1.2 amps on the panels some times more some times less. The draw on the hot side of the inverter is right around .230mA

Total pull from the battery under heavy use is about .635mA

The whole setup cost less $100 and could be done for under $50 if you shop around.

My goal with the Joule Thief / Ringer is tie them into the hot side of the inverter with a step down adjustable power source. That way hopefully one day I can run a whole lot more lights

The plan is to take one plug-in from the surge strip and use it to power all my Free Energy projects.

So for example I have plunged in a battery charger and used it to power a JT that can run 200 leds. It only cost me 60 mAs extra.

That I feel is where this tech will really shine.

-Altrez

Thank you for your comprehensive response.Nuff said.

Best regards,

Ged.

Comment

• Flip Flop.

I just bought and sucessfully built a $7 Velleman Intermitant LED flasher circuit from Radio Shack. This circuit is identical to the first part of the "French Inverter" astable multi vibrator circuit. The componants included are: 4 resistors, 2 capacitors, 2 transisters and two trimmer pots that wire in series with the high value resistors. These two trimmer pots allow one to vary the transistor base tank resistance and control the frequency of the intermitant flashes, so exactly 50 or 60 Hz can be dialed in conveniently.

Can anyone tell me how I should go about connecting the Mosfets to the LED electrodes, to wire the Velleman circuit like the "French Inverter"? This addition should allow me to fine tune the inverter Hertz with a very high degree of precision, and help maximize efficiency! I think just one 1K pot wired in between the positive rail and the junction of the high value resistors, in the "French Inverter circuit, would help the same way. The addition of the voltage regulator makes a very versatile inverter, capable of running European and Japanese equipment in a broad range of power settings. I don't think anything this sophisticated is available in the market place currently.
                        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 12-07-2011, 02:53 AM.

Comment

• Hi folks, I have setup a four battery parallel charge bank for testing, each are 12volt-7AH-SLA and using one 12 volt-7AH-sla primary battery to charge them.
                          I hope to be able to fully charge these with the one battery.
                          A first partial test charging two has proved promising using my ferrite core, 7 strand coil, though only using three strands, one trigger at the moment, until i get more transistors.
                          This setup for some reason is performing better than any setup I've built previously.
                          Usually in past experiments, when using an identical voltage source battery, it tended to be a more fluffy charge.
                          Though this setup provides solid charging, as a 12volt taillight bulb as a load test proves, the voltage bounces right back to its previous level and this result from only 23awg magnet wire.
                          Something must have been a bit off with the past radiant spike devices I've built when using identical voltage as a primary source.
                          peace love light
                          tyson

Comment

Hi folks, I have setup a four battery parallel charge bank for testing, each are 12volt-7AH-SLA and using one 12 volt-7AH-sla primary battery to charge them.
                            I hope to be able to fully charge these with the one battery.
                            A first partial test charging two has proved promising using my ferrite core, 7 strand coil, though only using three strands, one trigger at the moment, until i get more transistors.
                            This setup for some reason is performing better than any setup I've built previously.
                            Usually in past experiments, when using an identical voltage source battery, it tended to be a more fluffy charge.
                            Though this setup provides solid charging, as a 12volt taillight bulb as a load test proves, the voltage bounces right back to its previous level and this result from only 23awg magnet wire.
                            Something must have been a bit off with the past radiant spike devices I've built when using identical voltage as a primary source.
                            peace love light
                            tyson
                            Hi Tyson,
                            Now were going somewhere with your results lol
                            Just finished my 6 strand 23 awg magnet wire ......

Hi Minoly,
                            as for the 3300 uf cap , Hope you can give the termination points

in my joule thief with 6 parallel 2n3055 , Im using a triac BT 41 and 2 dc capacitor for fast charging 12 v car battery..... still looking for my old schematic

With solar cell input, can somebody give a rough size / amperes required
                            In China they sell for Renminbi 1000 for a 24 W solar panel / dc charger for 650

Altrez mentioned 2 18 w solar cells

My load to be used one lcd tv 24 inches one amplifier for audio one computer desk top one lap top home lighting one ceiling fan

cheers

totoalas

Comment

• Originally posted by totoalas View Post
                              Hi Tyson,
                              Now were going somewhere with your results lol
                              Just finished my 6 strand 23 awg magnet wire ......

Hi Minoly,
                              as for the 3300 uf cap , Hope you can give the termination points

in my joule thief with 6 parallel 2n3055 , Im using a triac BT 41 and 2 dc capacitor for fast charging 12 v car battery..... still looking for my old schematic

With solar cell input, can somebody give a rough size / amperes required
                              In China they sell for Renminbi 1000 for a 24 W solar panel / dc charger for 650

Altrez mentioned 2 18 w solar cells

My load to be used one lcd tv 24 inches one amplifier for audio one computer desk top one lap top home lighting one ceiling fan

cheers

totoalas

totoalas,

Can you list the watt usage for each device you want to power please.

-Altrez

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
                                totoalas,

Can you list the watt usage for each device you want to power please.

-Altrez
                                Hi Altrez
                                Below are some rough estimates minimum load that are currently available for connection to the solar panel / battery
                                Denon Amplifier 50 watts
                                Lenovo Desktop + 18 inc lcd display around 15 watts
                                LCD TV 20 watts
                                Lighting 30 watts
                                Ceiling fan 30 watts
                                lap top 10 watts
                                all are 220 v ac 50/60 hz

thanks for your support as I am eager to buy the 24 watt panel but in doubt
                                for the size and quantity
                                I have two car batteries 12 v 70Ah that will be used .....

thanks again

totoalas

Comment

Working...
                                X