X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Idea!

Originally posted by altrez View Post
    Seth,

Thats a good goal! I have made some earth energy receivers and they worked well. I just have not found anything that beats a solar panel with a small inverter and battery.

I can run 15 lights off one and never lose power.

The small amount of output power on the JT type circuits is not much. It can run a ton of LEDs and I love building all the different configurations.

A 2 watt LED bulb pulls right at 0.021 amps or .021 mAs from my inverter at full brightness.

-Altrez
    Altrez,

Love the ideas in this forum.I am curious about your solar panel ,small inverter and battery arrangement.Could you please elaborate a bit more on your setup? I really need something that works well and you seem to have the answer. I would like to know the output of your panels the type of inverter battery etc.

Did you use the JT with the inverter?

Ged

Comment

• I'm another fan of that vid from Seth...the fluoro is just so stonkingly huge to ignore that it's running !
      3 different flybacks and no runner yet with that circuit, but I know that with 4 wires going to it there are so many permutations. I know B+ is one of the Primary connections, but, how does one derive all 4 connections ? i've done it before, but not for a long time and am sure I had HV from a 'Focus and Screen' type of flyback.

@Jonny - the green LED's will all light up well with just the outside ground stake and the AV plug end held in the hand. The yellows and reds just partly light and need full darkness to see them. Kids toys with ultrabrights are perhaps best for a forage method. In fact, Freecycle often carry 'bag of kids toys' in adverts. Take out anything with LED's and re-offer the bag or pick what your kids want and re-Freecycle
      Cellphone LED's are also good, but it can be really labour intensive and finicky to remove the SMD LED's from the keypads. Blues are best from keypads, then the whites.
      With Seth and others running on uA, that project does relate to this one. Especially the increasing of output power and lighting duration, while using less to do so.

Comment

• Xmas Joule Ringer 2 301111

XMAS JOULE RINGER 2 301111 - YouTube

USING 4 8W FL LIGHTING FIXTURE IN SERIES FLASHING RATE CAN BE ADJUSTED GOOD USE WHEN STUCK ON A HI WAY BE SAFE THIS NEW YEAR

TOTOALAS

Comment

• joulethief-sec-exciter-variants-gbluer-exciter

http://www.energeticforum.com/attach...er-exciter.jpg

@All
          Here is a very simple exciter to make.The primary coil is all wound the same direction with a centertap going to the base thru a var capacitor.
          There is also a varcapacitor across the power rails to help with tunning.
          The size of the primay coil will determine the speed and current intake.
          Along with the coil off the collector.

RE POST FROM sLAYER

Comment

• Originally posted by Gedfire View Post
            Altrez,

Love the ideas in this forum.I am curious about your solar panel ,small inverter and battery arrangement.Could you please elaborate a bit more on your setup? I really need something that works well and you seem to have the answer. I would like to know the output of your panels the type of inverter battery etc.

Did you use the JT with the inverter?

Ged
            Ged,

I have a small 150 watt inverter that is powered by 4 small 7aH 12 v SLA Battery's and charged by two 18 watt panels to keep the battery bank topped off.

It has 5 2 watt LED lights running from the inverter perfectly. I can also charge a cell phone and power a radio and laptop all at the same time at right around 85 watts use.

The battery bank gives me 28 amp hours. I get right at 1.2 amps on the panels some times more some times less. The draw on the hot side of the inverter is right around .230mA

Total pull from the battery under heavy use is about .635mA

The whole setup cost less $100 and could be done for under $50 if you shop around.

My goal with the Joule Thief / Ringer is tie them into the hot side of the inverter with a step down adjustable power source. That way hopefully one day I can run a whole lot more lights

The plan is to take one plug-in from the surge strip and use it to power all my Free Energy projects.

So for example I have plunged in a battery charger and used it to power a JT that can run 200 leds. It only cost me 60 mAs extra.

That I feel is where this tech will really shine.

-Altrez
            Last edited by altrez; 11-30-2011, 12:06 AM. Reason: Wrong watts on laptop

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post

3 different flybacks and no runner yet with that circuit, but I know that with 4 wires going to it there are so many permutations. I know B+ is one of the Primary connections, but, how does one derive all 4 connections ? i've done it before, but not for a long time and am sure I had HV from a 'Focus and Screen' type of flyback.

Hi Slider!

Im not sure how I tell if my flyback is a 'focus and screen' flyback - it has a knob which you can turn, but it doesnt seem to effect anything when running the circuit.

Flyback pins are always a problem and must involve at least a little trial and error. I start by locating the coils - use your multimetre same wire buzzer thingy (obviously they are often centre tapped coils so dont be surprised when you have 3 that buzz). Once youve located your 4 pins, you've got 4 wires, so thats 8 possible combinations. Stick A B C D onto your 4 wires (or colour code them) and 1234 on your pins. Set up the rest of your circuit and BE SURE there are no loose connections ( ) - just start with 1 TIP31C or your own favourite (all of my exciter transistors work on this flyback) Now try the following...

12 34

AB CD
              AB DC
              BA CD
              BA DC

CA BD
              CA DB
              AC BD
              AC DB

DA BC
              DA CB
              AD BC
              AD CB

BC AD
              BC DA
              CB AD
              CB DA

BD AC
              BD CA
              DB AC
              DB CA

CD AB
              CD BA
              DC AB
              DC BA

Only 24 possible variations - should take 15 minutes max....

Marks, set......

EDIT!
              Hang on a second....its even easier than that!!! If you know the two sets of coils (lets say pins 1 and 2 are 1 coil, and 3 and 4 are another coil)...

Then its

1 2 3 4

A B C D

B A C D

B A D C

A B D C

C D A B

C D B A

D C A B

C D B A

Just 8 possibilities! No excuses, flyback working soon!
              Last edited by seth; 11-29-2011, 10:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slider2732 View Post
                3 different flybacks and no runner yet with that circuit, but I know that with 4 wires going to it there are so many permutations.
                This may help. Finding flyback pin connections video >>> xee2vids's Channel - YouTube

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                  This may help. Finding flyback pin connections video >>> xee2vids's Channel - YouTube
                  Thanks Xee

My other flyback wont light anything at all with the darlington pair on any resistance. I could only get the TIP 31C, MPSA06 and MJE13007 to work with neons...nothing bigger. But my IRF 630 would light up my 21W CFL, but with a 30mA current draw. Ive always liked the IRF's.

Comment

• SORRY SLIDER!

YES IT HAS "SCREEN" AND "FOCUS" CLEARLY WRITTEN ON THE SIDE OF MY FLYBACK. I AM AN ARSE!

EDIT

Let me make up for my mistake! There was a small corner left of the label which helped me identify EXACTLY which flyback mine is.....

SAMPO FM 1059

Flybacks » "Making Electronic Repairs Affordable".

scroll half way down and there it is! Easy to replicate when you've got the right flyback. Come on! Get yourselves into the microamp zone!
                    Last edited by seth; 11-30-2011, 12:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by xee2 View Post
                      hI sETH,
                      wITH the advent of LCD/ LED monitors thgese flybacks will surelyu go down the drain
                      I just want to know which one to look for where youve tested it work perfectly

thanks

totoalas

Comment

• Hi folks, Hi minoly, my line of thought is experimenting.
                        It does seem these circuits have different characteristics, though if the same type of radiant spike can be had with the flip flop, then it is worth looking into, since this circuit seems to drive the transistors, in my case mosfets, with a lot of kick.
                        Right now, I'm trying to rejuvenate my old car battery and this flip flop really kicks out the radiant spikes, while using less coils and transistors.
                        Here is the proper schematic for what I am testing, it is bifilar coil.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                        peace love light
                        tyson

Comment

• Got 2 car batteries that need to be better than really large door stops, will try the circuit Tyson

Thanks xee2 for your info and Seth for the wireup help.
                          Oh, Jonny, i'm at 543ft above sea level, forgot to answer that question. So nothing fancy about height I would think. My earth ground is a 1ft steel pipe of 2" diameter, with 10ft of 'hookup' 16 gauge or so bringing it to the workbench.

Just been to Walmart and picked up a couple of these fancy dancy Lights Of America LED bulbs (at least they're assembled in America, dunno about parts origin).
                          Couple of quick observations - On a transformer inverter circuit, the 1W uses exactly the same amperage as the 2W, which is kinda weird. Both will start up at 5ma and yet on 'full' with a 3.7V li-ion battery will use 180mA Nice light though, about 2/3rd full bright on standard transformer inverter with C5929 transistor.
                          There is a HUGE ringing on the 1W bulb ! Take the bulb off either house power or the inverter and some LED's stay on for 5 minutes, gradually dimming !!!!
                          Which, got me wondering about the LED nightlight for $1.87 also acquired. THAT 'rings' too for a few seconds - so I took the lil blaster apart after having only owned it for 5 minutes. Inside, is a resistor, couple of 1N4148's, a dark red mains type cap and a small 100uF electrolytic. Is it ringing or is it just the feed from the cap ?...seems a long time to just be draining from the 100uF cap. Bonus on the cheap nightlights, is that they also have a LDR on them poking out at the front.
                          Will take a pic of the circuit if there's interest.
                          Last edited by Slider2732; 11-30-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

• @skywatcher
                            if one of the 1150 ohm resistors is replaced with a variable resistor the flip-flop circuit can be tuned so it fires at the output peak this should give better performance.

Flip-Flop Double Joule Thief - YouTube

the video does not totally apply to what you are doing but the tuning i believe will

there is also a way this can be done with just two mosfets and two caps and two resistors.

SRTG1.gif picture by geshbeddin - Photobucket

please enjoy the circuit.
                            Martin

Comment

• @nueview....see...Karma
                              Signs and symbols rule the world, not words nor laws.” -Confucius.

Comment

• @Xee2 - I tried out the 20K resistor and LED to find the HV pin of a flyback and while not having 80V of DC in my shirt pocket, instead hooked it up to the output from a transformer inverter.
                                Every pin except 1 lit the LED
                                Or, indeed, is that the one, somehow ?

EDIT - It's making a high pitched whining sound on Seth's latest stripped down circuit . So, forgive the daft question, but, where is the other HV lead derived from ? Hopefully i'll find out soon enough.
                                EDIT 2 - Swapped the 2 windings connections and it sort of works. She sounds sick though...the laptop backlight that i'm testing with is spluttering at 1.5V and there's a horrid crackling sound lol. Smelling ozone. Time to try another flyback I reckon.
                                Last edited by Slider2732; 11-30-2011, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X