No announcement yet.

Joule Ringer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've also got several old ceiling fans that can be converted to wind. Is there a good video for that? We get very good wind speeds here at night, when the solar panels are sleeping.
    I had thought that his JR coils were just like the ones LS made, with just a single winding of primary and secondary coils the full width of the PVC pipe. No?
    I love the simplicity, in any case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_Z View Post
      I've also got several old ceiling fans that can be converted to wind. Is there a good video for that? We get very good wind speeds here at night, when the solar panels are sleeping.
      I had thought that his JR coils were just like the ones LS made, with just a single winding of primary and secondary coils the full width of the PVC pipe. No?
      I love the simplicity, in any case.
      need to check the video but i followed Dadhav winding

c cw c cw in a series 26 ga awg and 100t , I left two coils 180 deg apart for pulsing if no wind so it can be run muddy muddyman is my regerence in yt good furling
      produced 16 v dc when placed in another 3 ft blade industrial fan

I will change the blade to lynx.... I used neos n s n s n s orientation from hard disk drive 10 pieces on each side

will check tonight the link

chou
      Last edited by totoalas; 03-13-2013, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• luxmeter results

load one led lamp 5 w 220v ac

220 v ac source 400 x 100 lux
        12 v dc 50 ma 60 x 100 lux
        12 v dc 30 ma 30 x 100 lux
        with 6 lamps 12v 50 m a 6 x 100 lux
        so nothing s lost and can still be used 24/7 with useable light compared to candle lighting

jr setting from 30 to 50 ma can be adapted in night time lighting pathways

for night time charging 555 pulse cap charging is better
        found a 1.5 v battery timer that can set 220 v source from 6pm to 6 am daily

Im using 50 ma 12 v dc solar charged jr with 6 pcs 5 w led 220 v ac lamps and have 600 lux each with a single lamp is 6000 lux
        with 220 v ac source is 40000 lux on a single lamp ... useable light compared to candle power is acceptable on solar system ( 2 x 10 w 12 v in series ) so 0.6 watts for 2 12 v 7ah on a 24/7 day lighting

I can set to one amper to full brightness but the downside is my bateries easily drained to 9 volts from 6 pm to 6 am

As you said a MILLION THANKS to all the guys
        Last edited by totoalas; 03-15-2013, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• The battery powered timer sounds like a good idea, it would turn your lights on and off automatically even if nobody is home.

Tonight I was able to get my twin combined circuits to light a gutted 9watt warm white Cfl very nice and bright. Brighter that I've ever been able to light it before. It puts out a very decent and very useable mellow warm light that is very similar to a 50 to 60 watt incandescent bulb in lumins. Nice!
          As I don't really care too much for the regular white Cfl bulbs, or the white leds bulbs, for that matter.
          So I'm one step closer to having a decent useable light which can light my whole living area off of 10v, and less than an amp. No transistor heating issues, just a normal amount of heat, and absolutely no ringing noise.
          I placed the Exciter coil (L3) inside of the yoke core, so they are both working together. Now if I can also place the 4 ferrite bead core inside of the Exciter coil, it may all work even better yet. I'll try that next.
          I'll upload a pic or two when I can.

Nick_Z

Comment

• I ve been tinkering also with Slayer to use the plasma in place of the flyswatter
            I will use aaron,s cap pulser for night time charging
            im making a 555 timer by peter linderman to do this
            water spark plug thread circuit and plasma spark plug thread set up

will keep an update

totoalas

Comment

• Slayer Vs Jr Lighting

SLAYER/EARTH LIGHTING VS SOLAR JOULE RINGER '160313 - YouTube

Comment

• It's hard to understand what you are showing in the video, but are you saying the the JR is drawing 50 mA for all 7 light bulbs? While the Exciter is drawing 270 ma to light just a single bulb?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick_Z View Post
                  It's hard to understand what you are showing in the video, but are you saying the the JR is drawing 50 mA for all 7 light bulbs? While the Exciter is drawing 270 ma to light just a single bulb?
                  yes if the 7 lights atr plabed in the Slayer only one lights up @ 270 mA

uve been running the JR lights 24 /7 and the 2 parallel 7 ah batteries stays at 12 v with 3 consecutive cloudy days but as I told you 600 lux per bulb only that is useable light that you will see ur pathway lol

the lux comparison us what i showed and the slayer transistor is warm to touch

Joule Ringer Efficiency Plus SS SSG in Action 180313 - YouTube
                  Last edited by totoalas; 03-18-2013, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Heating water using joule Thief?

Found on a russian site some strange circuit https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7F-...?usp=drive_web page 69 can someone please tell if it might work kind regard if u need translation please ask
                    Attached Files

Comment

• It is not Russian . The page 69 is only the reference to PJKbook.pdf (page 394):
                      «Lawrence Tseung’s Self-Powered “FLEET” Generator.»

Comment

• Inverter IC as Astable Multivibrator

I have recently started testing Crystals to control frequency and have found that CD4069 (or NTE4069) is excellent and can run on 3-18v power supply. The frequency can also be controlled via RC combination.

This is much simpler to use than a 555 timer.

The attached circuit sets up the IC as an Astable Multivibrator. You can use this circuit to run a CT transformer.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1384533681

Here is a RC version of circuit to run as Astable Multivibrator at 62-78 KHZ. I have not found a good equation to get a consistent frequency. The reason is that VOLTAGE IS A VARIABLE in the RC circuit. I get close with the equation on the schematic and then substitute different R and C values to obtain desired frequency. The problem with RC timer, is that is the resultant frequency is variable with the input voltage. In the attached circuit, I get 78Khz at 12 volt power supply, but I get 62Khz at 5 volt supply. Testing needs to be done at the planned supply voltage.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/...ps24fc642a.png
                        Last edited by plasmahunt3r; 11-22-2013, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by luno View Post
                          It is not Russian . The page 69 is only the reference to PJKbook.pdf (page 394):
                          «Lawrence Tseung’s Self-Powered “FLEET” Generator.»
                          you are right is Romanian

Comment

Working...
                          X