ALERT: SUPPRESSION UNDER WAY for the V-Gate motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALERT: SUPPRESSION UNDER WAY for the V-Gate motor

It is turning out that the magnetic motor posted by Robert33 is not a hoax, as he said.
    Please see the below link for more info, and PLEASE let's start mass replicating this motor!!!!!
    Roobert33's V-gate magnet motor for real?

Amazingness confirmed! About to build a disk variant.

Comment

Ive got the magnets.

Any ideas for wheels? Ive got an old disc drive, but its hardly ideal. What kinda stuff could we use for the wheel? Might as well do something fun this christmas.

Clanzers website is down - see the OU.com thread.....AND JUST AS HE WAS FINISHING HIS VGATE REP!

Sorry Overunity

scroll down page for cryptic last message from Clanzer

The world of OU is a weird place - thats for sure. Hope Clanzer is well and having a happy chrimbo.
      Last edited by seth; 12-28-2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Calloway suggests to use iron under the track... see Projects

Comment

it should be true.

Carefully observing the video, not found false, it should be true.

YouTube Video: YouTube - Permanent Magnet Motor V-gate Re-gauging from Roobert33

Comment

Something where i am not happy with, at 2:26-2:28 the Rotor slows down,
            before he touch and stop it with the Hand.
            Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

I suspected that he was forced to say it is a joke, but who knows.
              What I have verified by different methods, says to me in magnets attraction is a different phenomena from repulsion, and is much stronger.

His last message on his website is interesting: Projects

*Where am I? What does it mean to say: the world?... Who tricked me into this whole thing and leaves me standing here?... Why was I not asked about it?

Why was I not informed of the rules and regulations but just thrust into the ranks as if I had been bought from a peddling shanghaier of human beings? How did I get involved in this big enterprise called actuality?............ Is there no manager? To whom shall I make my complaint?"* --Thomas C Oden--
              *First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win*.---Gandhi---

*Instinct is something which transcends knowledge. We have undoubtedly, certain finer fibers that enable us to perceive truths when logical deduction, or any other willful effort of the brain, is futile.* --Nikola Tesla--

*Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.* --Albert Einstein--

*Don't argue with idiots, bystanders usually can't tell the difference.*

"If we've learned from a mistake and become better for it, shouldn't we be rewarded for the learning, rather than punished for the mistake?" --Braid--

3 Things You Cannot Recover:

The stone after the throw.

The word after it's spoken.

Time after it's gone.

------------------------------
              Humility, an important property for a COP>1 system.
              http://blog.hexaheart.org

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                Something where i am not happy with, at 2:26-2:28 the Rotor slows down,
                before he touch and stop it with the Hand.
                Yes, Me too.

Comment

he's running it in repulsion mode, with a bump of attraction from the magnet lever on the base I believe. It seems to me like attraction mode would be easier to design if you were to use a really strong magnet for the stator (the one at the top), but repulsion mode seems like it would lock up less.

I'm building a disk variant with a spiral of magnets facing outwards, spaced radially, with the beginning of the spiral closer to the center and the end at the edge. The disk will have a cam at the sticking point, and a spring loaded magnet that rides the disk/cam

I just used wood for it, since my basement is most equipped to work with that. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm so sick of not finishing projects, and this may be one I actually complete!

Comment

Very concerned about the authenticity of the video!

Comment

@SuperCaviTationIstic, if it was running in repulsion mode then the stator would be pushed up during the movement through the V as the flux strength increases. Plus, the V wheel would be running in reverse, from the big part of the V to the little. It does neither of these. So, I believe it might being run in attraction mode.

The main issue I have with the device is the use of a rectangle bar magnet for the stator. Normally, the block wall is through the length of a rectangle bar magnet and this does not create the vortex needed to propel the wheel V. You need a magnet that has a vortex that looks like this >< and the V will ride up the >< vortex.

In order for this to work in attraction mode, the stator magnet must be magnetized so that the block wall is in the middle, going vertically. So it would look like this: stator magnet= N>|<S ( "|" = block wall) and wheel V= SVN.

But, I have to say that when it's in attraction mode, at the gate the pull force is VERY strong. I can't see the lever lifting up that attraction force, it's just too strong. The only way I could see this working is if the V was made out of steel, not magnets. This would reduce the attraction force greatly and still allow the stator magnet to propel the wheel V.

BTW, Calloway and I have had some emails going back and forth back in 2007 when I posted my Calloway V gate wheel video on YT. When this new working V gate video broke onto the scene I went to Calloway's site to see if he had anything on it. He didn't. I shot him an e-mail to give him the heads up. Later that week he posted his review of it. Sorry, but Calloway is not Robert33.

I do agree that Calloway has been at this for a very long time and does deserve something if this turns out to be real. That's why I've always given him props in my videos regarding the V gate.

Looks like I need to get back to the shop and see what's what.

rw
                      Last edited by everyidea; 12-28-2010, 05:38 PM.
                      My Calloway V Gate Motor Video

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCaviTationIstic View Post
                        he's running it in repulsion mode, with a bump of attraction from the magnet lever on the base I believe. It seems to me like attraction mode would be easier to design if you were to use a really strong magnet for the stator (the one at the top), but repulsion mode seems like it would lock up less.

I'm building a disk variant with a spiral of magnets facing outwards, spaced radially, with the beginning of the spiral closer to the center and the end at the edge. The disk will have a cam at the sticking point, and a spring loaded magnet that rides the disk/cam

I just used wood for it, since my basement is most equipped to work with that. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm so sick of not finishing projects, and this may be one I actually complete!
                        Can you show a diagram of your idea, seems interesting. I think I read somewhere that Robert was using the magnets in attraction mode, that is why the stator is lifted, so that it bypasses the sticking point. An electromagnet can be used to lift the magnet.

Comment

Here's a pic of my design.
                          [ATTACH]7312[/ATTACH]

Comment

Hi: SuperCaviTationIstic
                            Look at this, and your ideas about the same.

YouTube - Magnet Motor idee "Q79"

Comment

People,I don't understand your troubles

My ideas:
                              First eliminate sticky point by changing the starting magnets of Vgate to repulsion mode and placing it in such position to the and "Spike" of Vgate the almost eliminate attraction here.
                              Then place as more as possible stators around Vgate in such way that for one sticky point that would be 3 attraction stators in various strength of vgate pulling.

Oh, that was already done just replicate magnetmotor.at

Comment

Working...
                              X