Captret - Perpetual Light with Dead Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sseti View Post
    Did anyone noticed the same effect when cap + is disconected from the circuit?

What do you mean? can you draw a diagram?
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Also had put a cap 1F @ 5.5 instead of 9V battery, but voltage has been gone
      down (slow but id does). I noticed best results with low volt caps and high uF (in my case 6,5V@2200uF) shown in light brightnes and current drawn

Comment

ibpointless2

Its your diagram, I just show how to disconect cap+

Hmmm?
        how to upload picture?

instead of bat + going to cap + and than to led + , you yust connect bat + to led + and cap + leave in air.
        I think that will do
        Last edited by sseti; 11-08-2010, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I had the cap connected to the + lead and holding the + of the LED with the same clip, while holding the neg side of the LED lead to the cap neg by hand I grabbed the neg side of the battery to connect it to the can and it lit right up. Ground connection was made through my body. Strange to see that low of voltage causes the same effect as connection to the can portion of the cap. Maybe an earth ground could be incorporated to remove the battery completely.
          ________
          Vaporizer Review
          Last edited by dragon; 05-11-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sseti View Post
            ibpointless2

Hmmm?
            how to upload picture?

When you start a new Answer are above the Buttons for Font Styles and other.
            At the right side (no14) you will find Insert Image, when you move your Mouse over.
            Convert your Picture to Jpg to get a small File, and just upload it with it.

This Captret reminds me to the Capacitors what Tesla in his Patents show.
            They got actually 3 Plates also, at our Caps is the Hull alloy also,
            good enough, to store also Energy. I got some newer Caps with bigger size,
            like 1600µF160V and they got a plastic on top allready.
            They do maybe know that there is Energy too.
            About the Batteries it is hard to say, if they regain Capacity
            or only spit some Energy out, what been pumped in.
            Anyhow the chemistry from a Batterie seems is not really complete explored,
            but for the Experts is it enough when they say, it did deplete.
            Hopefully i got some time, and will see, if i can find a double Potential too.
            Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

I've replaced the LED with a 10F 2.3 volt super cap and it is charging it very nicely. The captret is connected to a 9 volt because a AA put out too low of a voltage. The 9 volt battery has been holding at 8.44 volts since the start and the super cap went from .378 volts to .481 volts.

I'm going to let it run over night and then test it to see if the super cap will run a LED.

This makes me wonder if i can take the super cap thats charging and send that power back to the main 9 volt battery using the captret effect, and hope to see it self charge?
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

Cool experience
                I used a 1000uF 10V cap and another one 100uF 100V cap , the led is brighter with the 100V cap.
                My 9v battery voltage went down from 7.27v to 6.92 , then came up to 6.97v

I am leaving it overnight, i give you voltage readings tomorrow.

Comment

Charging a super cap is not as exciting as the LED but tell me what you think about it? below is the diagram of the circuit to use a captret to charge a super cap.

Does anyone know a way to pulse the captret when it gets to a certain voltage?
                  Captret charging a super cap.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by broli View Post
                    This is one of the first things I measured. When measured stand alone it starts around 1M ohm and goes up in a few seconds out of range of the meter. If you let it rest for a bit it can start from 400k ohm and go out of range.

However when you have used it in the above mentioned circuit it starts out negative goes through zero and starts to rise and go out of range over quite a bit of time.

Also for a more accurate light intensity reading it's best to use a photodiode:
                    Measure Light Intensity using Photodiode : Low Cost USB DAQ
                    Your measurements suggest the behaviour of a dynamic impedance between the [o] and the other cap leads. This explains all the captret effects. The current is high at the begining as the junction impedance is low. In time, the junction impedance increases and the current drops while the voltage bounces slightly back up.

Also, the captret can be seen as a voltage to current source converter which allows for the use of extremely low voltage source to power the LEDs. Unfortunately, these are all normal circuit behaviour.

We can safely conclude there is no extraordinary effects in the captret. Sorry friends, time to move on.

Miki Out.

Comment

The charging super cap is still interesting, its using small amount of power to charge a super cap. The 9 volt is still at 8.44 volts and the super cap keeps going up. Another thing i notice when playing with my control, a super cap directly plug up to another 9 volt battery is that the super cap will drain the 9 volt quickly and gets the battery warm.

The important thing to notice is that the captret charger doesn't get the battery warm or even hot! it stays cool and that is very important because heat is just wasted energy. The captret may charge the super cap slower but it doesn't waste energy with a form of heat and that might be the reason why we get such great voltage readings? Everything runs cool, even the capacitors and wires especially when you consider the high voltage we need to get things going. Usually you wouldn't use a 24 gauge wire with 24 volt batteries but i have and they don't get hot ( would not recommend doing this). The captret is cool, pun intended.

Comment

Originally posted by miki02131 View Post
                        Your measurements suggest the behaviour of a dynamic impedance between the [o] and the other cap leads. This explains all the captret effects. The current is high at the begining as the junction impedance is low. In time, the junction impedance increases and the current drops while the voltage bounces slightly back up.

Also, the captret can be seen as a voltage to current source converter which allows for the use of extremely low voltage source to power the LEDs. Unfortunately, these are all normal circuit behaviour.

We can safely conclude there is no extraordinary effects in the captret. Sorry friends, time to move on.

Miki Out.

Whoa, calm down there captain bring down.

I never built this to power your house, i was looking to make circuits more efficient. I can make a normal capacitor into two capacitors. Plus this is something that people never seen before, so we can't fully "move on" until all is explored.

You can't tell me this video doesn't make you wonder? YouTube - Captret PROOF OF OVERUNITY
                        Two flashes for the price of one, does that not make you wonder?

We will never reach overunity if we keep using the century old math and techniques. That is why i did something different then what i was taught in the electronics textbooks, i gave a capacitor 3 leads instead of their two. Sometimes you just got to think outside of the box and forget what they taught and have a open mind because things change; take for example it was common knowledge that the world was flat centuries ago.

I can think of many possibilities with the captret. use it in a pulse motor, pulse the captret part first and then the capacitor part and you've made a pulse motor more powerful!
                        Use it in charge something while you have a load on it.
                        Put the captrets in series to run many LED's in series without worrying about the voltage needing to be doubled every time.

So come on and explore with us.

Comment

Originally posted by ibpointless2 View Post
                          Over at overunity.com i have been working on something i call the captret. Its a capacitor thats been modified to allow you to do things that the textbooks say you can't.

Captret - Capacitor and Electret

A simple video demo of me getting twice the Light from a LED for the price of only ONE charge.

YouTube - Captret PROOF OF OVERUNITY

Here is another video of the captret running a LED constantly.

YouTube - Captret LED Driver circuit

But the important thing to note is that when i'm using the "dead" 9 volt batteries the voltage goes down when first connected to the circuit but from there it goes up even though the LED is still connected as a load. The even more crazy part is that my "new" charged 9 volt batteries will drop when first connected to the circuit but keep slowly dropping, and this is what you would expect from any circuit but why does the dead batteries go up?
                          Sorry but this is not a new discovery. I worked with various configurations in 2008 and 2009. You can see some of the circuits at stiffler scientific.

http://67.76.235.52/e_seg01.asp

Comment

Originally posted by Joit View Post
                            This Captret reminds me to the Capacitors what Tesla in his Patents show.
                            They got actually 3 Plates also, ...
                            Could you please indicate the patents or any other document?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by barbosi View Post
                              Could you please indicate the patents or any other document?

Thanks.

At a lot Patents
                              from him.
                              He even has Patents at Capacitors like No. 567818.
                              But this is not my Point, but charging one Plate positive and another negative,
                              and having a 3rd close, it may can charge the 3rd Plate also,
                              for the costs of 2.

I did actually think too its a current voltage Matter, the Relation from
                              used current and Voltage gain or loss looks like it is,
                              but lighting a led twice makes me think about it.
                              There can only help some practical Tests, as some smart Comments,
                              what is really going on.
                              Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Results so far from captret charging a super cap:

9 volt battery started out at 8.44 volts and now is up to 8.46 volts.

The charging super cap started out at .461 volts and now is up to .713 volts.

Comment

Working...
                                X