Kapagen Systems - 12v Input Only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
    Argumentum Ad Hominem Personal attacks on your opponent are an admission of intellectual bankruptcy.

I disagree with you. No one here is doing what you claim.

The point here is to show others who might read your post about this matter that the danger from electric shock is real and present.

That man lost his life from a macroshock, and he was a professional, used to dealing with electricity. If he were here and alive now, he would be telling you the same thing that I am telling you now.

When dealing with electricity, there is either danger from macroshock or microshock. The point is both forms of electric shock can kill you.

The fact is discounting the danger from electric shock as you have done and advocating others do the same is a very poor choice.
    I would have to agree, any work with electric circuits needs a certain amount of common sense reguardless of voltage. Granted the lower voltage stuff is less likely to cause harm but used in the wrong way can be deadly. I don't remember exactly but I believe charging a cap to approximately 16 joules can kill you if discharged through your body. Higher voltage simply makes it more likely to find a path.

It's easy to get caught up in the moment of experimenting and sometimes we don't completely think things through. When using a MOT or other high power transformer you absolutely have to stop and think before making a move. You don't get a second chance with these. Lower power stuff you get a wake up call and in most circumstances you'll definately learn from this lesson (hopefully). The Kapagen as laid out using a MOT can and will kill you and all precautions should be taken. Shut it down and discharge the cap before making any changes and always use the one hand rule !

Have fun but play safe !
    ________
    Last edited by dragon; 01-19-2012, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Electrical Safety Training

Awesome video by Don L. Steiner, president of DL Steiner, Inc.: See Electrical Safety Training Video

Electrical Dangers from
      1. Electric Shock
      2. Arc Flash
      3. Arc Blast

Very sobering video.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-01-2010, 07:43 PM. Reason: addition
      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

More chance of being struck by lightning than dying using a 12V battery.

I find it rather ironic that i personally use a 12V battery out of concern for the safety of me and my family (and have tried to persuade others afraid of using a MOT to give a low power Kap a try), whilst everyone else uses a MOT...... and its ME who gets a lecture about safety every 2 mins....

Take things carefully if you want to, but heh, you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT and ignore reasonable advice, well i aint gonna stop you. Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires.

Comment

HI

anyone can help?

i reversed my step down transformer (I/P 220 50hz O/P 10V 1A) , and im feeding it with a variable wall adapter 3, 4.5, 6, 9, 12V ... the transformer is 10W, and it is consuming that, and maybe more at 12V it can reach 1.5/2Amps, depends on the load... but my output, that should be the same 10W is not solid... with a neon on the load it shows 110VAC, but with my 25 W (220VAC) Lamp, it only shows 45 V across it, lightning barely the filaments!

i putted a diode to half way rectify, and measured the current with an analogic amp meter, and it shows 30miliAmps, but the DC voltage, is still 45VDC, should not be only half if compared with FULL AC?

I should put 10VDC x 1A (10W), and get 220VAC at 45miliAmps (10W) onload! but fore shore im doing something wrong!

the circuit below shows a pull-push circuit activated with 50Hz signal from timer circuit, but i cannot even put the push pull combination to work, it only works if i use just the one transistor (NPN), in standard setup... (timer output to base/ emiter to negative/ colector to primary / primary to positive)

somebody can have an idea of what probably is wrong with it? please?

EDIT: if i try to measure the output without load... my DMM get nuts! maybe wrong frequencys, but i used all the values exactly as the diagram!

DC to AC Inverter by IC 555 and TIP41 TIP42
          This entry was posted on Saturday, July 19th, 2008 at 12:03 am and is filed under 555, inverter.

This be basic AC inverter Circuit. Convenient for the initiator who have to is extremely fond of something experience. Because of use IC 555 highly popular, perform produce the frequency ,then enlarge with transistor NPN and PNP number TIP41 and TIP42 drive the coil transformer. Get by can pay Voltage output about 120V to 230V at frequency 50Hz . By have R4 perform control the frequency and should use. Voltage supply about 5V to 15V the detail sees in circuit picture sir.
          Last edited by TanTric; 07-01-2010, 07:03 PM.
          Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

Danger from Electricity: A Very Tragic Story of a 15 Year-old Boy

Rescue 911 - Episode 320 - Dock Electrocution "A teenager is electrocuted while working on a boat lift. This segment was taken from Episode 320 which aired on March 17, 1992 on CBS." as quoted in the YouTube video description.

The young man did not die but could have if it were not for the first responders using a defibrillator multiple times.

-a good reason for those working with electricity to have an emergency defibrillator in close proximity to the first aid kit.

Notice in the video when his father unplugged the power cord to the motor, the young man received a jolt that stopped his heart. The situation was compounded by being in water up to his chest.

Inductive Spike

When I open the switch on this simulation, the voltage across it jumps to over 2,000 volts.

Test it for yourself. Let the current flow reach about 50 mA through the switch before opening it.

See Inductive Kickback Simulation Applet.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-02-2010, 04:34 PM. Reason: addition
            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Warning and Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: WHILE THE INPUT VOLTAGE IS ONLY 12V, THERE IS STILL DANGER FROM ELECTRIC SHOCK. WARNING! HIGH VOLTAGE. LETHAL DANGER FROM HIGH VOLTAGE ELECTRIC SHOCK. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REPLICATE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. INFORMATION PROVIDED ONLY FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THESE VOLTAGES AND CURRENTS CAN KILL YOU!

IF YOU ARE A NOVICE OR A JOKER STAY AWAY!

Originally posted by luno
              ...danger with 12 v . Even 9 v can kill a person. It depends on the places of your body which the potential. touches. Here is the picture of these places. The problem becomes more serious if you drink a little bit of alcohol.
              When dealing with electricity, there is either danger from macroshock or microshock. The point is both forms of electric shock can kill.

DISCLAIMER: The author(s), either jointly or individually, of this thread assumes no liability for any incidental, consequential or other liability from the use of this information. All risks and damages, incidental or otherwise arising from the use or misuse of the information contained herein are entirely the responsibility of the user.
              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

LMAO, give it a rest already vidbid. Your talking as if were all infants and can't or shouldn't be allowed to determine our destiny. Would you prevent a child from touching a candle flame, with scare tactics from birth. This is one of this world's issues, fear of death and the only ones that benefit from the deaths are the control freaks who come in and legislate more unlawful statutory code to limit peoples freedoms.
                peace love light
                Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                  LMAO, give it a rest already vidbid. Your talking as if were all infants and can't or shouldn't be allowed to determine our destiny. Would you prevent a child from touching a candle flame, with scare tactics from birth. This is one of this world's issues, fear of death and the only ones that benefit from the deaths are the control freaks who come in and legislate more unlawful statutory code to limit peoples freedoms.
                  peace love lightTyson
                  DENIED. You only have one life.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-01-2010, 09:37 PM. Reason: update
                  Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

HV Flyback Transformer Circuit

I think I found an HV flyback transformer circuit that would produce an decent micro-arc in a spark gap. It can run on 9 or 12 volts. I saw it on YT.

The fly-back is from a computer monitor, and the transistor is a MJE13009.

Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Flyback Driver Simulation

YT Video: ZVS Flyback Driver - Simulation -Pretty cool looking.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-02-2010, 12:50 AM. Reason: edit
                      Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Originally posted by vidbid View Post
                        I think I found an HV flyback transformer circuit that would produce an decent micro-arc in a spark gap. It can run on 9 or 12 volts. I saw it on YT.

The fly-back is from a computer monitor, and the transistor is a MJE13009.

Well done for finding that!

Did you find it on this link which i have already posted in the main kapagen thread (before i was asked to leave by a somewhat unfriendly poster)...??

POST 67.

low wattage input - this is real simple to do if you (like me) consider playing with a deadly MOT too risky (hey...i have kids running round the place. if i was still young and sinlge, maybe id be throwing my hands on the output wire )

I used...12 V battery, connected to 25 kv power supply...then rest as is already published on naudins site.

Heres a great circuit for building a HV power supply off a 12V battery + flyback tranformer + transistor

Transistor Driven High Voltage Flyback Transformer Page.

and here is our old pal yucca demonstrating it

YouTube - Flyback Transformer Driver

You could use this circuit as your HV through the spark gap...then onto coil. I'd very very surprised if you couldnt light 20 CFLs of that sucker...big ones too...who knows...maybe a filament.

Who wants to have a go?

PS alternatively you could just wire up the electrodes from your open TV (rubber sucker and line round the edge of the screen) into the kapagen (lifter style!). But i wont be responsible for any of the consequences - you get yourselves stuck in a wormhole or something, and you're on your own.

I suggest anyone who wants to build a transistor driven flyback check this link as it has a list of transistors that work and dont work for this circuit.

Any more deaths to add to this dangerous 12V input thread?

Ive got an idea, why not spam the MOT kapagen replication thread with electrocutions.......would make more sense than spamming a thread where people are using a harmless input
                        Last edited by seth; 07-02-2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyWatcher View Post
                          peace love light
                          Tyson

Thanks Skywatcher. It puts people off the thread when every post is another electrocution.

Comment

For The Record

Originally posted by seth View Post
                            Well done for finding that!
                            His unsuccessful attempt at sarcasm.

Did you find it on this link which i have already posted in the main kapagen thread POST 67.
                            DENIED. HE ASSUMES FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE.

Post #67 was posted on 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM. However, I posted the information before he did. See Permalink for Post #454, on 06-26-2010, 05:23 PM in the main Kapanadze thread: See Permalink: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post101099

(before i was asked to leave by a somewhat unfriendly poster)...??

FACT: I never asked him to leave. That is his assumption.

FACT: I was concerned.

FACT: I was not unfriendly, but I consider that he is certainly being unfriendly now by erroneously claiming that I was.

See Permalink: http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...tml#post101587

low wattage input - this is real simple to do if you (like me) consider playing with a deadly MOT too risky (hey...i have kids running round the place. if i was still young and sinlge, maybe id be throwing my hands on the output wire )
                            Notice that he uses the words "playing with." A MOT would certainly be deadly to anyone "playing with" it. "Playing with" could be considered risky because one is not using due caution. I advise caution and to stop "playing with" a MOT if one were so inclined to so. Logically, one so inclined to so would probably be one considering "throwing" one's "hands on the output wire."

Any more deaths to add to this dangerous 12V input thread?

Ive got an idea, why not spam the MOT kapagen replication thread with electrocutions

FACT: Warnings and disclaimers wouldn't be necessary if it weren't for novices and jokers.

...would make more sense than spamming a thread where people are using a harmless input

Last edited by vidbid; 07-02-2010, 03:03 PM. Reason: edit
                            Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

For the Record

Thanks Skywatcher. It puts people off the thread when every post is another electrocution.

Now I want to address the following quote:

More chance of being struck by lightning than dying using a 12V battery.

I find it rather ironic that i personally use a 12V battery out of concern for the safety of me and my family (and have tried to persuade others afraid of using a MOT to give a low power Kap a try), whilst everyone else uses a MOT...... and its ME who gets a lecture about safety every 2 mins....

Take things carefully if you want to, but heh, you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT and ignore reasonable advice, well i aint gonna stop you. Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires.
                              There are several points that I would like to address:

Take things carefully if you want to
                              With respect to high voltage and/or high current electricity, you need to BE careful.

you wanna grab the output wires on a MOT
                              DON'T!

and ignore reasonable advice
                              You should NOT ignore reasonable advice.

i aint gonna stop you
                              STOP!

I advise reason and caution.

Thats true freedom....freedom to act recklessly if one so desires
                              Don't be reckless with high voltage and/or high current electricity.

While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. -Stephen R. Covey

My advice to you: Act intelligently.

Last edited by vidbid; 07-03-2010, 05:37 AM. Reason: addition
                              Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

For the Record

why not spam
                                spamming a thread
                                Large size text is annoying.

Spamming is not recommended. Please discontinue spamming.

Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

Working...
                                X