Forum degeneration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post

There are many occasions whereby people post complete and utter nonsense and feel offended when someone then highlights their shortcomings. This is nothing to do with being a naysayer, but more often to do with science and reality. It cannot be called negative to point out or challenge the bull****, in fact I would see this as a positive for the forum.
    Hi Farrah. Personally I enjoy that nonsense. It's an opportunity to test the logic and as Aromaz has said - it doesn't actually survive that long.

Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post
    I personally ask a lot of questions, usually in an attempt to gain some clarity on what is being proposed or put forward, however one negative comment against the post in question and I'm often the witch on the end of a witch hunt.
    I think one would have to be particularly reckless to accuse you of being 'convention bound'. And there's nothing wrong with questions. My personal scare is when anyone uses technobabble to carry their arguments. The general reach here is that bull*** baffles. But here again. I've been advised to leave such unanswered and I'm beginning to see the sense of it. The comfort is that the most of us actually see through such nonsense. And there's the old adage - you can fool some people some of the time but you can't fool all people all the time. It's becoming ever more evident to me that one can actually rely on this. I think that Aromaz is actually very wise here. Let it burn itself out. To me the acid test of a good post is its clarity. And I've never battled to understand your posts Farrah. Needed to do some homework - often. But the sense is always there.

Comment

Hmmmmmmm

It takes some time though for TheTruthTo Be Known.

Comment

Love that Catlady.

So many times for so many mindless posts would that rebuttal fit the bill absolutely perfectly.

You've inspired me!

Comment

Originally posted by CatLady View Post

It takes some time though for TheTruthTo Be Known.

Absolutely freaking hilarious!

Comment

Farrah - have just seen your signature. LOL. Clearly not a multi tasker was our Einstein - but nice to see his priorities.

General Relativity had an inherent afflication
            As Einstein battled with a crippling addiction
            He was always wishing
            He could always be kissing
            Which wasted his time - by his own admission

Some doggerel - from a bored member.

Comment

Please forgive me....

Last one Armagdn03...you patient soul

TheTruthBeKnown

Comment

TheTruthBeKnown
                LOL Cat - they're brilliant. Where do you find these?

Comment

A little Math Quiz

Find out who truly is your role model - mine was Albert Einstein

DON'T SCROLL DOWN YET!!

FIRST, do the simple math below.
                  THEN, scroll down to find your hero.

It is truly remarkable just how accurate this is!

1) Pick your favorite number between 1 and 8
                  2) Multiply your choice by 3
                  3) Add 3
                  4) Multiply again by 3
                  5) You'll get a 2 digit number.....maybe 42, for example
                  6) Add the digits together. Example 4 and 2 = 6

Now Scroll down.

With that number, see who your ROLE MODEL is from the list below:

1. Albert Einstein
                  2. Armagdn03
                  3. Cherryman
                  4. Farrah Day
                  5. Ashtweth
                  6. Witsend
                  7. JuJu
                  8. SkyWatcher
                  9. CatLady
                  10. Stealth
                  11. Joit
                  12. Michael John Nunnerley

I know, I know...I just have that effect on people...One day you, too, can be like me....Believe it!

P.S. Stop picking different numbers!! I AM YOUR ROLE MODEL, JUST DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!

Now lets get into idea sharing and prototyping and especially posting our progress pictures and all the details and data of what we are doing. I feel that helps others get a good idea of whats happening or not happening and then look for more ways to improve.

Open Source
                  Free Energy for All

Last edited by CatLady; 06-17-2010, 11:42 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

@FarrahDay
                    All this is just to say that you cannot expect every ill-considered crazy notion or totally nonsense post to be taken seriously. Nor can you consider anyone who speaks up against such as being a government plant out to cause chaos.

A half-decent education and a little common sense goes a long way. It's the people without the education or background to see through any particular bull**** posted that I feel sorry for.
                    The problem with this line of though is that most all of the technologies which have benefited mankind the most were initially considered as ill-considered crazy notions by 99% of the population. As well if we have studied the history of most all of the successful free energy inventors we would find that it was not only their education or background that was responsible for their success, it was their curiosity. That is they questioned things that everyone else had taken for granted because they had assumed they must be right. I cannot speak for anyone else but my greatest insight has always come from the simplest things which are so obvious only a blind man could not see them but the problem is most everyone had overlooked them-- including myself.
                    I think everyone can relate to those moments where we are struggling with something and then someone simply says --- "Oh just do this" and you think OMG that is absolutely brilliant why didn't I think of that. This is the question we should ask ourselves, why didn't we think of it? I think Nikola Tesla knew this process perfectly well from this quote---
                    “The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”
                    I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong or crazy, I am just saying that we are not and never will be perfect. We cannot and never will know everything, so maybe we should try to be a little more tolerant for our own benefit as well as others.
                    Regards
                    AC

Comment

Allcanadian,You are right. I question everything. My science teacher taught us one thing well,don't take anything said about science for granted. Question whether conventional science has answered all of our questions,then, if not satisfied,proceed to answer those you didn't find an answer for. I have many questions left to answer, but I have been looking for that answer elsewhere,through experimentation,study, and trial and error. I now know some of the answers, but still others are still to be discovered.
                      I am still searching, still inspired to study and still researching all subjects that have no answer, or at least an unsatisfactory answer. I have shared some of what I've learned here, and some on other forums.More later, as I can get them organized. Good Luck. Stealth

Comment

TheTruthBeKnown

Thanks for the smile Catlady, its really nice having a bit of light hardheartedness around!

Also nice to see a third lady in the forum! Apparently you are a rare breed around these parts, Im sure Witsend and Farrahday get a bit lonely!

How ever I myself am fond of Rats, so I better watch out!

My girls (no longer on this mortal coil)

My boys (figure a new way out of their home daily, they are smarter than me!)

Comment

Find out who truly is your role model - mine was Albert Einstein

Open Source
                          Free Energy for All

you win, im a folower of your teachings master! let the light be with me

Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post

Thanks for the smile Catlady, its really nice having a bit of light hardheartedness around!

Also nice to see a third lady in the forum! Apparently you are a rare breed around these parts, Im sure Witsend and Farrahday get a bit lonely!
                          cannot let you not forget jeanna, she's so kind!

Comment

Originally posted by juju View Post
                            you win, im a folower of your teachings master! let the light be with me

cannot let you not forget jeanna, she's so kind!

Dont I feel sheepish!

Comment

I see the good 'light ' is shining here.

Kumbaya !! ( catlady, may da force be with ya )

Comment

Originally posted by Allcanadian View Post
                                @FarrahDay

The problem with this line of though is that most all of the technologies which have benefited mankind the most were initially considered as ill-considered crazy notions by 99% of the population. As well if we have studied the history of most all of the successful free energy inventors we would find that it was not only their education or background that was responsible for their success, it was their curiosity. That is they questioned things that everyone else had taken for granted because they had assumed they must be right. I cannot speak for anyone else but my greatest insight has always come from the simplest things which are so obvious only a blind man could not see them but the problem is most everyone had overlooked them-- including myself.
                                AC I agree with what you are saying to some extent, but it's all relative isn't it?

There's thinking outside of the box and there's ill-considered thoughtless stupidity, and they're a mile apart. There's the thoughtful and considered post and there's the mindless dumb-ass post from someone with the mentality of an eight-year-old who still believes in the tooth faery.

Most of us can see the bull****, but many people can't and follow it with eyes wide in wonder. You only have to look at some of the threads around here to know that some people are well away with the faeries and will never be posting anything of any value.

And don't ask me to point them out... I don't have many friends as it is!

Comment

Working...
                                X