X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One ring to rule them all

Let shoot them! ;-)

Hi all.

After numerous fun designs, i think its time to build someting.

I started thinking about this after my buoyancy design ( http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...cy-hacked.html ) And linear pick up coils.

After watching a few clips on the web of people shooting stuff away with HHO (potato guns, bottle rockets) i was thinking.. We all try to run existing engines on HHO, why not try to use what we are able to do right now.

Here is a good example of a person shooting some stuff on a very small scale: 9V battery, 20 seconds will give him a projectile. :
    YouTube - The RED-Tipped MICRO ROCKET

YouTube - MARCHLABS M13

This kind of power i'm trying to use.

( See it as a reversed coil gun. A coil gun: Input a lots of energy and shoot a projectile. This design:
    Shoot a projectile and harvest the energy )

Also keep in mind the “shake lights” .. See it as a huge line of shake lights and fire a magnets trough them.

I designed a ring generator, i want to build. I'm not claiming overunity. I'm just think it would be a good learning project and some fun.

The concept is based on HHO combustion (or any other combustible substance) , linear generators and a magnet bullet.

First i was thinking of a linear set-up, easy with no valves:

A very easy concept:
    1.The water at the bottom of the sphere will be under continues current to produce hydrogen.
    2.When the magnet falls down it will trigger the spark swith above the water and the produced HHO will combust
    3.Magnet shoots up, along the coils, at the dead point on the top, gravity will take over and the magnet falls down.
    4.Repeat 1.2.3.

Then i was thinking.. There are two dead points, that should be eliminated as well as unnessesary air resistance.

So i came up with a ring design, i want to build. I'm not claiming overunity. I'm just think it would be a good learning project and some fun.

Here is an impression of the set-up:

How it works:

1.The (for the time being) external power source will produce HHO gas
    2.The Spark will be triggered by a magnetic switch as soon as the “bullit” passes the valve.
    3.The HHO combustion
    4.The combustion will force the valve open
    5.The opened valve closes of the ring behind the bullit to provide force and direction
    6.The bullet will shoot away inside the ring
    7.The pressure valve will release air and pressure to enable the bullet to travel
    8.The bullet passes the pressure valves and due to speed will pass the combustion valve again
    9.Repeat.

Notes: Due to the rotating force, the bullet will only touch the outer wall, so at the inside wall you have some “liberty” of placing parts (Valves, censors etc)
    Also the pressure in front of the bullet will close the valve before hitting it. Once the combustion valve and the pressure valve are closed, the bullit will travel inside the ring with very little resistance because the air around it will travel at the same speed.

Animation of inside :

Close up of valve working:

So.. This is the plan. :-)

As i do not want a fragmentation bomb in my house, i decided to make a trial set-up from soft materials. I do not want huge power in the beginning, just a proof of concept. And after seeing in the above vid the guy shooting of a tic-tac box, i think the reinforced hose will be able to resist the forces with single shots. ( Yes i do realise it will melt when you fire it continuesly )

For the ring I'm going to use a thick reinforced transparent hose. Easy to bend, and I'm able to see what happens.

For the magnet bullet i will use a soft ball at first

As combustion chamber i think i will use the same hose. First I was thinking of a tennis ball, but i like the transparent nature of the hose.

As for the valve, i will us a slightly soft rubber flap. That has the advantage of not having to design a hinge and doe to the explosive force it will bend itself into the right shape to close of the ring for a short period.

The linear pick up coils will be of later worries, after the concept works.

I will first power it up with an external power source, just to see if can get the “bullet” flying around.

First step:

Ofcourse I will run in a few problems and help and ideas will be appreciated.

I know nothing about electricity so there is problem number one:

As an ignition i need the “cheapest” and most simple way to create an ignition spark. For now I have a electronic lighter, but at the end it need to be an integrated solution.

Any suggestions for a cheap and easy spark?

FUTURE:

If it works i have some things in the future planned:

- Make the ring of solid copper with one small isolation and wire the ends
    and shoot the magnet trough. Will the Lenz effect create power? Will the Lenz effect keep the magnet from hitting the outer wall?

- What if u put more magnets in at the same time? That could be interesting!
    - What if you give the combustion chamber more exits, as in in the spokes of a wheel ?

- Is there a possibility of using the pressure from the pressure release valve ?

Thanks for reading. Any input will be appreciated.

What i'm am curious about is of the concept will proof to be an efficient way to harnes pressure difference.

The magnet, going around inside the torus shaped ring, in combination with the pick up coils. (How they are utalized best is the next challange).

The "input" does not have to be a combustion. Any kind of pressure difference will do. As long as you have a valve that blocks the pipe behind the magnet when the pressure input occures and will be out of the way when the magnet closes its loop.

This could be:

Heat (heated gasses or liquids)
    Air pressure (wind difference, compressed air..)
    And combustion.

( Maybe you could reverse it with an one magnet no baring bedini and create a small compressor ;-)

Comment

The "bullet" will travel very fast. It will not only be shot away, but also rotating around its own axle.

This you can influence by controlling the weight and schape of the bullet.

The simplest projectile will be a round ball, if you want you're own magnet set-up you can put the ones you like inside the ball

Example:

This will make it easy to experiment with different magnet and coil setups.

Comment

The first explosions ;-)

Hairspray:
        YouTube - Air inflow after explosion

HHO / oxygen (Brown gas...etc)
        YouTube - HHO controlled explosion

Comment

Another test.

I switched poles. The explostion is different, but to early to say it is of the switching.

Notice how the plastic cap has taken of before you see the flame!

YouTube - Second HHO Switched poles

Comment

I have noticed another strange thing in my experiments.

It seems (not sure yet!) That if i change polarity, the "bang" changes.

My simple cell is like this:

Bottom plug is made of sink (anodized?)

A litte above that a stainless bold with a stainless ring.

Tapwater with soda.

Now:

Stainles + Sink - = Hi pitched fast Peng
            Stainles - Sink + = Lower "slower?" Bwof

To soon to draw conclusions, it could also be because of different volume/time.

Comment

Kind of like this in partial? YouTube - PVCTubeAction

Comment

Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
                Kind of like this in partial? YouTube - PVCTubeAction
                Year great!

The other way around actually, i shoot the magnet around and try to pick energy up with coils all around the torus tube.

Did any more with the tube?

Good work!

edit:

Another one, it's fun! ;-)

YouTube - HHO Drie

Comment

So far:

It seems that connecting the positive to the stainless and the negative to the sinc gives the best effect.

Not only in production speed, as well as in most agressive bang. Higer speed.
                  (The "implosion" afterwards not yet measured)

I was hoping it would be the other way around, because the metal connected to the negative is the corroding metal as i understand electrolyses well.

My detonator is hanging in the middle. My basic plan is ignite it as soon as it is possible.

My cell i in the same pipe, this way i have the most simple and direct acces to the gas. I also can easaly change the size of the combustion chamber by adjusting the water level.

So far the explosion seems to start UNDER the igniter. This surprises me, as i was thinking the gas would "gather" at the top..

Still a lot to learn.

Nightshot:

(Noitice how low the explosion is this time, it still varies )

YouTube - HHO 4

Comment

Watch how the water level in the bucket drops a cm after explosion.

YouTube - HHO 5

And here an output test:

YouTube - HHO 6
                    Last edited by Cherryman; 05-03-2010, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Had lot's of trouble getting a reliable spark.

Seems to be solved:

Nice sparkling ;-)

YouTube - Spark 1

YouTube - Spark 2

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers
                        Hey cherryman, That is some stand out cool **** u doing man. I love it. Keep us up to date on that brother.
                        Tnx Vickers! I was already thinking no one cared.

Well just having some fun ;-)

I keep having trouble getting a reliable spark however ;-(

And with explosions.. It's nice to know when it's going to explode...

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers
                          Cool man, Hey listen my friend.. do you have a hho torch?
                          Nope, this is my first HHO project. My cell is not suited for torch production, i just need the minimum amount of gas for a bang.

Comment

It may has to come to that indeed...

But for now i have an electric (AA battery) BBQ sparker... It sparks nice. But somehow.. When i install it. It will not work always.

Somewhow it finds an easier way... I changed wires.. Tried screws, softwire, hardwire.. It sparks well at the end of the wires, but inside the cube it is unreliable..

Water vapor ??

D*mn ... (I'm an electrical noob either ;-)

I smoke one first, maybe it will come!

Comment

Here a test with the valves in place.

One hand on the igniter

One hand at the end of the hose feeling the pressure.

The pressure is quite noticable and a real short burst.

YouTube - Pressure test 1

Comment

Working...
                              X