Liquid nitrogen engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hard feelings rickoff
    I was venting some steam from a personal issue that occured that day, I should have kept it to myself.
    I,ve re-read some of you posts and perhaps I was was a off the mark.
    Any public forum will have conflicting viewpoints, at least on this forum the disagreements are kept civil.

Comment

Originally posted by HiggsBoson View Post
      There seems to be a pattern emerging here.
      Has anyone else noticed ?
      A lot of these threads degenerate into a clash of egos with both sides trying win.....
      If you really pay attention you will see an even clearer pattern, especially during good debate over theory. There always seems to be one who diverts the "Research Mentality" To a so called Ego Battle or a Super Science discussion, Newbie Iterations, or flat out Wacko Paranoia rhetoric. I believe myself that many are here just for that.. and they come in waves around good discussion. Enough of that though.

I like the LN2 idea but I think Compressed Air is just more practical. Compressed air can be used and re compressed through Electrical means. With the possibilities of using 2 potentials to drive a motor (IE a Tesla Switch or the like) electric motors become very inexpensive to operate.

Cheers
      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by RonL View Post
        I know exactly how you feel and what you are saying, I have thrown out some thoughts on other forums and received the same automatic rejection or in most cases no comments at all.
        I have settled on propane as liquid of choice, as it will perform the same action and it is much less of a pressure risk.

I'll add some more information later, when I have some time.

Ron
        Yes or No answer please.

Was this one of the comments that was taken to be offensive?

Comment

RonL
          No
          Your post was constructive.

Some good points have been made in other posts too.
          I was just fed up with negative attitudes that day, and maybe I took some things out of context.
          Sorry to step on any toes, I'll keep my personal opinions to myself.

Comment

Deflagration and Detonation

Hi all,

I stumbled upon this topic and noticed the ubiquitous argument involving rapid expansion vs explosion.

In an internal combustion engine there is NO explosion. There is the oxidation of a 'fuel' that has a flame front and finite speed of propagation. It is a fast rate but still finite ... it is nothing more than a rapid burning .. and more specifically the flame or wave front is subsonic. And besides, the point is to heat the air volume in the cylinder to produce a change in pressure. This kind of 'burning' has a rather disappointing name ... "deflagration". This is in contrast to (what most people would call an explosion) a "detonation". The wave front here moves at supersonic speeds.

In a reaction engine (jets, most rockets) you have deflagration ... just a rapid heating, expansion and acceleration of a mass to produce thrust. But research has produced much improved performance from fuels by implementing techniques that 'detonate' the fuels resulting in the production of a more efficient form of supersonic wave thrust ... the 'Pulse Detonation Engine' ... again not to be confused with pulse jets and ramjets ... which are deflagration engines NOT detonation engines.

For a more tangible illustration see this video:
            YouTube - The Audible Difference between Deflagration and Detonation

Attempts have also been made to apply detonation principles to the engines that have a mechanical output ... like a car or truck engine. There are and will be many hurdles for these applications but they're tryin':

See a Pulse Detonation Turbine Truck Engine here:
            YouTube - Turbine Truck Engines' Hydrogen Powered Pulse Detonation Engine

... apples and oranges literally,

Greg
            Last edited by gmeast; 04-19-2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Rapid expansion of gases is the principle that ICE's use for power. Maybe in the 60's and 70's, when Anilin was used in gasoline would you possibly have an explosion.Todays fuel will burn but not explode.While nitrogen would work, I think ammonia or propane would be a better choice. Or better yet R134A. Any refrigerant would compress and expand to create power.Good Luck. Stealth

Comment

Hi. I am wondering if others have had any trouble calling up this particular thread? After trying in vain with both the Firefox and Opera browsers, out of curiosity, I then tried opening this thread via a proxy server - it opens first time, every time! Note, I am just talking about this one particular thread in the Energetic forum - I can read any of the others without problems, the 'Liquid Nitrogen Engine' thread, only through a proxy server! In fact, posting this to this thread is only possible through an American proxy!!! Seems like there is some information here that 'they' may be trying to discourage people from viewing...

Of course I'm more p*ss@d off that my ISP seems to be filtering content in the first place. I think I'll call them up and ask them point-blank...

Comment

Using Opera

Hi sproket,

I am using Opera and have never had a problem opening this thread. I usually look at any time something new is posted.

Carroll
                  Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Hi. Opera is an excellent browser that I've used continuously since 1998, and wouldn't consider using anything else - so definitely not implying Opera has a problem! What I am highlighting is that it certainly appears (having just checked again!) that my ISP is stopping access to this one particular thread - Liquid Nitrogen Engine - every other thread on the Energetic forum I can access 'directly'. Not this one, I am forced to post this message via an American proxy!

So, maybe 'someone' doesn't want people playing with nitrogen ICE's.....

Comment

Liquid Nitrogen Engine - Modified Brayton Cycle

Originally posted by HiggsBoson View Post
                      If liquid nitrogen is injected into a cylinder with a piston or diaphragm and heated the liquid would expand to a gas, push down the piston/diaphragm. Anyone who has used liquid nitrogen would appreciate the force generated by expanding liquid nitro.
                      The vapour would then have to be recycled and condensed back to a liquid to begin the expansion cycle again.
                      Would the process of condensing take more energy than the original expansion cycle produced or could this cycle perpetuate on a diminishing output until it would have to be recharged/refrozen ?
                      If it could be proven to work would the refreezing/recharging process consume more energy than the device would generate before a refreeze ?
                      A Liquid Nitrogen Turbine Engine has been patented:

Liquid Nitrogen Engine invention

Cheers,
                      Guido

Comment

The Boese Liquid Nitrogen Engine - its covered a bit in the keelynet link above, but the following links is on the engine it's self.

Boese Nitrogen Engine

Also on just using air itself, take a look at the following video:
                        YouTube - air car ? why not in u.s.a.? can you power a car on air ?

Rexresearch has quite a bit on air engines.

As well as this site: Pneumatic Options Research Library

. . .
                        Regular service Signature:
                        Follow along on my Algae growing adventure, where I'm currently growing Spirulina and two mystery strains (one of which can also produce Biofuel). All is revealed in the Growing Algae thread...

Comment

Liquid Nitrogen Injection

Hello,

Am trying to build a LN2 engine with a modified ICE. Planning to use the air inlet as inlet of LN2 from dewar.

But what sort of a throttle valve can I use to control the LN2 flow? Will it freeze and block the orifice? Can any one suggest a plausible method of injecting LN2 into the engine?
                          Thanks and Regards

Comment

retrofit liquid air engines

Dear HiggsBoson, 1NRG24Seven, rickoff and others,

this thread seems quite old. Is anyone still interested in continuing this discussion?

I would like you guys to read the posts and discussions at below mentioned thread i wrote.

posts of @Alokin

Tesla's "Self-Acting" Ambient Heat Engine | Air Car Access

Comment

converting a diesel engine to run on liquid air(retrofitting))

I will try to post that information i gathered and wrote about in another forum called "AIR CAR ACCESS" at proboards.com about liquid air/liquid nitrogen engine.

http://www.energeticforum.com/redire...F3283%2Fthread

Comment

The massive expanding power of Liquid Air or Liquid Nitrogen

Here are two videos which i like everyone to watch to understand the explosive like(but no actual combustion or explosion) expanding power of liquid nitrogen or liquid air. In this case the experiments in the video were done by bottling a small amount of liquid nitrogen in a two litre bottle and dropping it in a barrel of ordinary water.

See how high the heavy barrel of water rises in each of these videos!

VIDEO 1:

Liquid Nitrogen Explosion - YouTube

VIDEO 2:

Liquid Nitrogen Depth Charge - YouTube

Liquid Nitrogen has the ability to store compressed energy by means of its peculiar property of 1:700 volumetric expansion when reverting to a gaseous state upon contacting as little as 30°C of ambient heat. This was what Charles E Tripler talked about when he was telling about running an engine on Liquid air.
                                Last edited by baywatch80; 05-31-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X