No announcement yet.

Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Lidmotor.Great vid.That led bulb looks really bright and interesting that it works without gutting it.Do they work even better,gutted?I will keep my eyes open for one of these
    The use of the twin transistors and inline inductor was also interesting.It would be good to get an amp meter on your setup and see what difference adding the inductor and tranny make.
    The electricity produced by these devices sure is strange.I would love to show this to my old science teacher.
    Also Lidmotor.Was it you who used a 1.5v emergency phone charger in a past vid?I somehow think it was but can't find the vid to review.The reason i ask is i have used one to run the Simple sec/pan oscilator and it works great.Great work.Regards jonny
    @All.I have been thinking about running the Simple sec/pan oscilator on low voltage ie 1.5v and after watching slayer use a joulethief to run a sec circuit it stuck in my mind and recently i found one of those emergency mobile phone chargers that run on one AA battery and boosts the voltage up to 5.5v and this will run this circuit great.It will light flurecents with the oscilator only drawing 23mA and the wireless aspect is really good too.
    I also think that the reciever part of the wireless setup is as important and tuneable as the transmitter and by adding a trigger transformer to the wireless circuit,led brightness and distance can be substantially increased.
    Here is a vid to show you what i mean.Merry christmas.Regards jonny

YouTube - Simple SEC 3- Running on Low voltage and wireless circuit boost

Comment

inducters

hi all
      got a video that help with the inducter issue, the stuff yu guys are getting is inside the middle of the wire, if you ad inducters you add the rotation around the wire which is the aggreive part of the two poles.

got so say thankyou for all the work on this

it look easyer now to see the how we can harvest the energy.

YouTube - Electric flow HV

merry christmas everyone

Comment

@ jonny - that inductor on receiving coil is vibrating in resonance with the peak RF being broadcast by the transmitting coil. If you had 2 different uh value coils in transmitter and receiver, it should be less bright. Try seeing if 2 of the same receiving inductances draw from each other, they shouldn't.. Just like many tuning forks in sympathetic resonance to one struck by hand. Great work as always!
        Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

This is an oscillator circuit using two neon lamps, two resistors, and one capacitor.
          Remember to be kind to your mind ...
          Tesla quoting Buddha: "Ignorance is the greatest evil in the world."

Comment

Cell phone charger as a power source

Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
            @Lidmotor.Great vid.That led bulb looks really bright and interesting that it works without gutting it.Do they work even better,gutted?I will keep my eyes open for one of these
            The use of the twin transistors and inline inductor was also interesting.It would be good to get an amp meter on your setup and see what difference adding the inductor and tranny make.
            The electricity produced by these devices sure is strange.I would love to show this to my old science teacher.
            Also Lidmotor.Was it you who used a 1.5v emergency phone charger in a past vid?I somehow think it was but can't find the vid to review.The reason i ask is i have used one to run the Simple sec/pan oscilator and it works great.Great work.Regards jonny
            @All.I have been thinking about running the Simple sec/pan oscilator on low voltage ie 1.5v and after watching slayer use a joulethief to run a sec circuit it stuck in my mind and recently i found one of those emergency mobile phone chargers that run on one AA battery and boosts the voltage up to 5.5v and this will run this circuit great.It will light flurecents with the oscilator only drawing 23mA and the wireless aspect is really good too.
            I also think that the reciever part of the wireless setup is as important and tuneable as the transmitter and by adding a trigger transformer to the wireless circuit,led brightness and distance can be substantially increased.
            Here is a vid to show you what i mean.Merry christmas.Regards jonny

YouTube - Simple SEC 3- Running on Low voltage and wireless circuit boost
            @Jonny & All
            Here is the video where I showed the one AA cell phone charger as a power source. I just show it breifly and the real purpose of the video was to demonstrate the solar cell phone charger. I will try these out on the pan oscillator. They should work just fine.
            YouTube - Lidmotor's Channel

Your latest video is amazing. The wireless circuit with the second trigger coil is a must try.
            Thanks,

Lidmotor

Comment

Kiss

Nice find I like it
              Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

Finally got some time to tinker, and I replicated the simple sec flawlessly first try. Very fun and easy circuit! Wireless power with a minimum of parts.

I could lite up 2 47 LED boards and a 30 LED chain, a total of over 120 LEDs off of 12 volts. I will post a video once I film it.

Interesting circuit! I find the loop's position to the coil really matters and changes to the circuit will throw off oscillations and will need another bump. Really touchy, and position / mass tuning instead of a tuning capacitor is interesting. one wire power seems stronger in this configuration then the 18-1 style.

Great simplification! Now its just a matter of time untill everyone has a wireless cell phone charging station.

Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 12-26-2009, 02:52 PM.

Comment

played around with the simple SEC this morning. Used dr stifflers sgate instead of the pie pans and it seems to work about the same. You can just touch the 2 ends with your hand to get it going similar to how jonnydavro did in one of his videos.

I wound up a trigger transformer but I think my core material is too large or wrong permeability. 10 turns 20awg, 200 turns 28awg on a ferrite core 1cm by 8 cm.

I'm still getting high voltage off of it, but the wireless field is quite small. Even tried bumping the voltage up to 48v with 3 mpsa06 in parallel. Lasted all of about 10 seconds

Very stable oscillation when looking at it with an oscope. I guessing the core of the trigger transformer plays a big part in the frequency it will oscillate at. Gotta play around some more and see whats up.

Comment

Brightbox

I made a bright box, thank you very much Lidmotor

YouTube - Lidmotor Style Wireless easy SEC

126 LED's and counting...
                    ======
                    edit
                    ======
                    Now lighting 226. Just added a 100 LED board to the common ... high tension line. 30/47/47/100 and all light.
                    the 100 panel is difficult and requires a finger to be near, so I belive that LED chains over 50 might have mass issues where some has to be added or removed in spots, while if you stay with 50 led chains or less, then you should be able to add as many as you want.

Works with 2n2222 as well.

Transistor gets really hot though, and I have blown 3 so far. Nothing dramatic, the circuit just stops working. Actually let the genie out of one, put it in backwards...

any ideas (other then lessening input) that might cool transistor? maybe its like the SEC and NEEDS a wireless receiver to cool transistor...
                    Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 12-25-2009, 09:18 PM. Reason: more LEDs

Comment

Letting the genie out

Originally posted by CosmicFarmer View Post
                      I made a bright box, thank you very much Lidmotor

YouTube - Lidmotor Style Wireless easy SEC

126 LED's and counting...
                      ======
                      edit
                      ======
                      Now lighting 226. Just added a 100 LED board to the common ... high tension line. 30/47/47/100 and all light.
                      the 100 panel is difficult and requires a finger to be near, so I belive that LED chains over 50 might have mass issues where some has to be added or removed in spots, while if you stay with 50 led chains or less, then you should be able to add as many as you want.

Works with 2n2222 as well.

Transistor gets really hot though, and I have blown 3 so far. Nothing dramatic, the circuit just stops working. Actually let the genie out of one, put it in backwards...

any ideas (other then lessening input) that might cool transistor? maybe its like the SEC and NEEDS a wireless receiver to cool transistor...
                      Lol, genie = puff, rofl

Try supergluing a foil wing to the transistor and or using 2 transistors, b to b, c to c and e to e

Love and light

Comment

Hello gang,

I figured to join in with my observations...

1. I didn't like the loop of wire so I wound a short piece of wire (a few cm of any transformer wire such as AWG 24 etc) around my HV transformer and connected one end to the transistor's base. The other end is not connected anywhere.

Maybe if the other end is connected to the ground, the 1Mohm resistor and push-button might not be necessary for starting the circuit, as it might start on its own. Will give it a try...

2. I couldn't get it to run with 1Mohm resistor at all, it would not start so I used 100Kohm instead. Perhaps it has something to do with my MPSA06, not sure, but I doubt. Maybe it's related to the protoboard...

3. While on the subject of transistors, this circuit is effectively burning out the transistor. If you measure hFE you will see what I mean.
                        I started with a brand new MPSA06 that had 216 and after one hour of playing it's down to 150. A protection diode might necessary on the base, but upon trying it I could not get it to self-oscillate...needs further testing, though.

4. The effective bandwidth of the circuit (at least here) is about 50MHz, with a peak at around 20MHz and lots of harmonics, looks kinda nice.

5. There's some "funny" business (feedback) going through the power rail. I put a silicone diode on the + supply to block the feedback and circuit would not oscillate for me. Who knows, this might be useful to charge back the battery perhaps?

Anyway, I'll go back to play with it and try some of the above mentioned things.
                        Last edited by amigo; 12-26-2009, 12:25 AM.
                        Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Originally posted by amigo View Post
                          1. I didn't like the loop of wire so I wound a short piece of wire (a few cm of any transformer wire such as AWG 24 etc) around my HV transformer and connected one end to the transistor's base. The other end is not connected anywhere.
                          Ok, the length of wire wound around the HV transformer appears to be affecting the current draw of the circuit. It seems the shorter the wire less current is drawn.
                          Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Ok, the length of wire wound around the HV transformer appears to be affecting the current draw of the circuit. It seems the shorter the wire less current is drawn.
                            Interesting observation. I shall shorten my wire. The load has an effect on current draw, too.

Interesting thing is I can get my meter to read 0 amps but the transistor still gets really hot.

transistor and or using 2 transistors, b to b, c to c and e to e
                            So just keep stuffing transistors in there..
                            Last edited by CosmicFarmer; 12-26-2009, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutten View Post
                              I wound up a trigger transformer but I think my core material is too large or wrong permeability. 10 turns 20awg, 200 turns 28awg on a ferrite core 1cm by 8 cm.
                              I'm still getting high voltage off of it, but the wireless field is quite small. Even tried bumping the voltage up to 48v with 3 mpsa06 in parallel. Lasted all of about 10 seconds
                              The ohmage of the little yellows I use have ~.4 ohm primary and 19.5 ohm secondary.
                              Sorry I can not measure inductance now.

Comment

Wonderful News

@ All
                                This is wonderful news that people are replicating this so fast----and modifiying it.

@ Jonny
                                I tried your latest experiment using the second trigger coil on the wireless circuit and I got the same results. I noticed that the arrangement of the pans effected things and the base pan (like you showed) is basically the tuning element of the circuit. Proximity of the base pan to the output pan effects the amp draw. I tried using just round 6" pieces of aluminum foil instead of the pans and got it to work also. Surface area has something to do with this with feedback method I think. The large turkey pans work the best for me so far. More energy output happens for less energy input.
                                I havn't tried the cell phone charger yet but I ran all my experiment yesterday on 5 volts to see what happened. The circut runs fine on that.

@ Cosmicgnarler
                                Great video!! Please post it over at my video if you want to. That should inspire others to replicate this and add input. I really liked the piano music. Nice touch.

@Inquorate

Thanks for the tip about crazy gluing an aluminum wing on the transistor for a heat sink. That is a very simple solution to a problem. One of those---"Now why didn't I think of that" solutions.

@Amigo
                                The feedback wire wrapped around the trigger coil is an interesting idea. I did the same thing on a car ignition coil circuit awhile back using a darlington pair of MPSAO6 transistors. It self-oscillated and ran (dimly) a CFL mounted ontop of the coil. The thing about Jonny's circuit that is very interesting is the "air" feedback link. The signal is actually transmitted and received. Thanks for letting us all know what frequency that this is running at and what the wave form looks like.

Happy Holidays,

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X