Joulethief SEC exciter and variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woopy... could you could a quick simple test

using your "4 outlet" wire for the plasma spinner (shown in your video)...run it...and either measure or get an approximation of the RPM.....

then... using another wire with perhaps 15 outlets on the wire...do the same test..and again measure RPM

thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Lidmotor View Post
      @All
      I thought about "this" over night and I am wondering now what kind of thing is it? It is not really a Tesla coil by definition and it has evolved away from a true SEC. What is it??? It is an oscillator with resonating coils that acts like a Tesla coil but----where is the spark gap?--where is the HV cap?---where is the primary HV transformer that drives a normal Tesla coil? On the flip side, a true SEC is not really like this either. This circuit is so simple I'm sure that the EEs around here should have an easy answer for this.

Anyway on my last video here is the info on the setup. It still isn't right but it worked. My LC meter is broken so I couldn't help out there.

L1--12" x 2 3/8"
      24ga copper wire
      9 ohms

L2---3 turns 18ga aluminum bare wire 2 3/4" dia.
      Adjustable coil with clip lead
      Turns separated by 1"
      Plactic straws used to isolate it from L1

The circuit is the one that Woopy is using

The power source is a 12 volt battery with a 12v 500mA wall outlet transformer connected (that is a must to get the plasma).

Amp draw is STILL 1.5 amps +. Way too high. Good heat sink on transistor a must and don't run this for more than a few seconds or expect loud pop and smoke.

Lidmotor
      Answer: It is a mini Tesla coil powered by an Armstrong Oscillator - courtesy of EM Devices:

Imageshack - minitesla01.jpg - Uploaded by FarrahDay

Imageshack - minitesla02.jpg - Uploaded by FarrahDay
      Last edited by Farrah Day; 07-09-2010, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• The Reason for this research...or at least one of them

This question had been asked recently...what are we doing all of this for?

As our goal is electrolysis...

YouTube - The Plate SEC

Use the rest of your imagination....

Some very good results

Thanks,

Bob
        Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post
          Answer: It is a mini Tesla coil powered by an Armstrong Oscillator - courtesy of EM Devices:

@Farrah Day

Correct me if I'm wrong , but those circuits look alot like, if not exactly the same as "The Doc's" new discovery...what was the date, I could Not locate it. Maybe the Doc submitted them?

OOps forgot to add the link I found...

Oscillator circuits

Bob
          Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Oscillators

Originally posted by Farrah Day View Post

Thanks. I found the exact page where he describes how the circuit works. Here is the page :

Simple Blocking Oscillator Circuit

I played around with this again today and made a better spinner setup. Here is the video of it:

YouTube - Better Plasma Spinner and more lights.ASF

Lidmotor

Comment

• awsome video woopy! you seem so cool!!

the spinner was a great idea of yours, seems everybody liked it, im now working on a set up to make an EM gravity lifter with plasma propulsion, and the best part, powered by wires with remote control !! its going to be an difficult project, but thats the kind of thing for me...

@All, I have created a new thread so we can work in a distance controlled prototype! http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...-aircraft.html

@lidmotor 1.50A is way to much... what transistor are you using? mine heat a lot even running at 0.5A... and will not last much without a big heat think, your video impressed me!

i wonder why your consumption is so high? maybe because of the aluminium wire and small number of turns? dont know...

king regards

Originally posted by woopy View Post
              Hi all

some work to understand how to upload a youtube video,

but i hope it works

good night

Laurent
              YouTube - plasmajet 1
              Last edited by TanTric; 07-10-2010, 05:15 AM.
              Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• High amp draw

@TanTric
                I am using a TIP3055. You are probably right that the small coil is wrong and causing the high amp draw. I think that I may start all over on this project and wind all new coils. It is still hard for me to understand how this circuit works.

@Woopy
                Good video. You have a fast spinner and I like the multiple plasma stream idea.

Lidmotor

Comment

@lid, i think you should start for changing just the small coil and see what happens, the big one looks good to me, with the diode i have now a plasma similar to yours with just arround 0.6/0.7A...

if you use smaller coil connected ( the one connected to the base) the amp draw should increase also! how much resistance does your have?

JuJu
                  Light, I Am!

You are Not a Body that has a Spirit, You are a Spirit that Has a Body! There is no Path to Peace, Peace is the Path!

Comment

• @Woopy.Great vid Laurent .I could not beleve the acceleration and high rpm's of your spinner.Sometimes a vid is needed to convey to others what you are seeing in front of you .
                    After watching your vid,i think Juju may actually get a lifter airbourne as the thrust you show seems to be high enough to lift a very light object.Also your thrust seems greater than nasa ion drives weighing many tons.Great work and i look forward to the refinements you are sure to discover.Jonny
                    @Lidmotor.Really great couple of video's.
                    I have been thinking about the plasma propulsion and when you think about it,the plasma output is a freebie as you are not placing a load on the exciter when you utilise it in a spinner or thruster.You still have the same electrostatic field whether its spinning a rotor or not.Regarding your amp draw.have you tried the tranny mod?This cuts my amp draw by half,it may work for you.
                    Also i think Juju may be right about the L2,Try a few different types and also a torroid.
                    @TheCell.Hi Bob.what circuit are you using in your vid.Is is the super joulethief sec with the output hooked up to the large towers?One other thing you can try with this circuit is you can put another trigger transformer in the emitter follower config and have two outputs and i think they may be 180 degrees out of phase with each other but don't have a scope to check this.

@Slayer I am getting quite good results with a twin slayer exciter like in the attached pic.Have you tried anything like this and also in emitter follower config?Jonny

@All.Just an update on my wireless neon experiment.I can now light the neon on 6.6v at 35mA at 1.8m and a cap will charge up to 90v.
                    At 16v the cap will charge up to 153v at 2m.I added a virtual ground to the negative leg of the av neon and that increased efficiency.This is how i had it two weeks ago but did not keep notes as usual, so i learnt a lesson Jonny

Comment

• @ Lidmotor

very good idea to hang the spinner at a neomag. Much less friction.and good electrical transmission

@Jonny.

thanks to you i have learned how to post a video, and much more.

@Juju

hehe why not let something really flying

good evening

Laurent

Comment

• oouups i vergot the yt link

YouTube - plasmajet flight

Comment

• Originally posted by woopy View Post
                          oouups i vergot the yt link

YouTube - plasmajet flight
                          Woop,

That is fantastic....great innovation!

Bob
                          Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                            @TheCell.Hi Bob.what circuit are you using in your vid.Is is the super joulethief sec with the output hooked up to the large towers?One other thing you can try with this circuit is you can put another trigger transformer in the emitter follower config and have two outputs and i think they may be 180 degrees out of phase with each other but don't have a scope to check this.

Jonny
                            Jonny,

This one is the simplest one you demonstrated how to build...then the super jewel thief...I will try the trigger transformer idea.. I just finished a matched pair of 22 awg large towers so I will see what effect that has. The first demo was with one tower at 30 awg and the second with 22 awg. This week end I plan on making 6 different setups and sizes to see the difference. I will post a video after...On the circuit you posted what is the switch for?

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers,

Bob
                            Last edited by TheCell; 12-19-2013, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• EM mini-tesla circuit diagram & video here:

mini-Tesla

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell View Post
                                @Farrah Day

Correct me if I'm wrong , but those circuits look alot like, if not exactly the same as "The Doc's" new discovery...what was the date, I could Not locate it. Maybe the Doc submitted them?

OOps forgot to add the link I found...

Oscillator circuits

Bob Potchen
                                Hi Bob, it's EM Devices Tesla Coil. I think it dates back from a couple of years ago. Then he powered it with a different cct as can be seen by Wings's link. Recently he simply replicated the Slayer circuit, which certainly has nothing to do with the Doc's ccts.

Comment

Working...
                                X