• Originally posted by kooler View Post
      this is who i used on my last order..
      you can buy two grades .. single build or heavy duty

Oemwire Home Page

robbie
      Thank you robbie!

Comment

• Stingo Slayer exciter

has anyone else try to combine Stingo with Slayer exiter?

I have, but I can't read the amp draw with my meter, but I can tell you that it run for ~9h and the voltage went down from 5.17V to 5.15V(with a 4w neon lighted, but the light was dim...)

I used stingo circuit with fixed 1Mohm (instead of the 500k variable), 100kohm fixed and 10kohm fixed(no 100ohm resistance) for transistors I used TIP42C and TIP41C (were not even warm), I conected L1 coil(from a slayer exciter) to the stingo as normal coil, and one end of the L2 coil to the base of the NPN transistor. I used for my LI coil 5 turns of Garden iron wire and attached 2 small magnets on it (i don't know if that make a difference or not).

If Someone replicate this with a good multimeter, please let me know what amp draw he has.
        PS: I used 4 capacitors in parallel with my 4 aa rechargeable battery ( total capacitance 5200uF)
        Edit:
        - added image
        - after 24h the battery went down from 5.17V to 5.10V
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sniky; 01-21-2011, 07:29 AM.

Comment

• MY first tower - please help!

I am going to wind my first tower. i would like people to help me make some design decisions and possibly see an experiment that would be valid for more than just me, a group thing...

So here is what I have to use:

Magnet Wire 24 AWG Gauge 1600 Feet Enameled Copper 200C

I can use it all.

I have many sizes of PVC pipe from 2" up to about 10", schedule 50, 80...
          I could construct or get something else.

I am hoping to have this be a 12v unit. Usuable light in a greenhouse, be that florescent or banks of LED's would be the goal here.

Thanks for your input.

Kyle
          Last edited by kcarring; 01-20-2011, 10:02 PM. Reason: correction
          ----------------------------------------------------
          Alberta is under attack... http://rethinkalberta.com/

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• @All

Ok I have a question for the group. I am still using my half done coil and the Slayer007 circuit that xee2 was kind enough to help me with. My question is this, I am using a 4v input to power 2 bright white LEDS and 2 16v 3200uf caps.

I place a meter on the end of the single wire using a AV plug. It reads between 4.19 and 5 v. over 10 minutes. The caps charge very fast and climb up-to 20 volts and that point I stop the test.

How can I test the current output at the end of the wire? Can I just brake off from the AV circuit or do I need to do something else?

I am thinning it should be at least 10 to 15 mV.

Thank you!

-Altrez

Comment

• Mini Slayer Exciter Replication - 6v / 147mA (6)x1 Watt Flourescents

Thanks to Magneticitist, I finally got a little test circuit to work on the Slayer Exciter theme. While it's not ground breaking by any means, I did discover the Mini towers (under 3" tall) do like to light up Mini Fluoresecents.

Mini Slayer Exciter Replication - 6v / 147mA (6)x1 Watt Flourescents
              YouTube - (#3) Mini Slayer Exciter Replication - 6v / 147mA (6)x1 Watt Flourescents

Thanks to Ryan, Gbluer, jonnydavro, Lidmotor, Lightsabre and all.

cheers

* seems actually to settle down to a current draw, not much different than on one light. Here it is, in the pitch dark (and my camera does not take pics well in the dark, but nonetheless...) running 9 fluorescent bulbs. 6.04v / 132mA or very close to

[IMG=http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3778/mytowerrunning9lights.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
              Last edited by kcarring; 01-22-2011, 07:17 AM. Reason: changes

Has anyone seen my Bedini Ceiling Fan that pushes the warm air down, and charges batteries as an added bonus? Me neither. 'Bout time I made one!!!!! :P

Comment

• @kcarring.Hi Kyle.That is a great vid and a good first coil and now you know how easy it is to make,things will only get better
                In your vid you mentioned some interesting observations regarding the current draw.You may be able to move the cfl's a bit further away from the coil and still maintain the same light output and reduce current draw.
                You mentioned in a previous post about coil specs recomendations.I would try Seth's setup as he seems to have a very high output setup.
                This thread has a vast amount of infomation and is well worth reading and will help you develop your Slayer exciter.
                Happy experimenting.Jonny

Comment

• Originally posted by jonnydavro View Post
                  @kcarring.Hi Kyle.That is a great vid and a good first coil and now you know how easy it is to make,things will only get better
                  In your vid you mentioned some interesting observations regarding the current draw.You may be able to move the cfl's a bit further away from the coil and still maintain the same light output and reduce current draw.
                  You mentioned in a previous post about coil specs recomendations.I would try Seth's setup as he seems to have a very high output setup.
                  This thread has a vast amount of infomation and is well worth reading and will help you develop your Slayer exciter.
                  Happy experimenting.Jonny
                  Thanks jonny! I will do that. Im pretty intrigued by Lidmotors latest Jouleringer circuit too, although I don't have any supercaps yet. Sure is fun this stuff, haven't had this much fun since making marble machines as a kid with peg board, nails and rubber bands LOL

*I'm still not sure how LED's are powered up from Slayer Exciters. Are they essentially together in parallel with a closed loop?
                  Last edited by kcarring; 01-22-2011, 10:42 AM. Reason: addition

Comment

• @kcarring
                    well done! You need to make an avplug to get LEDs lit. 2 diodes joined together connected to the LEDs in parallel.

@johnny

I hope someone does give my setup a try - i think the high output is down to the IRF 830, in combo with the 80 ohm resistor. As long as you have a large diametre coil (sewer pipe PVC) and this transistor, you'll be smelling ionised air

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
                      @johnny
                      I hope someone does give my setup a try - i think the high output is down to the IRF 830, in combo with the 80 ohm resistor. As long as you have a large diametre coil (sewer pipe PVC) and this transistor, you'll be smelling ionised air
                      @seth I have 1600 ft of 24 guage and some 6,8, and 10" PVC pipe. Do you have a youtube channel?

Thanks

Comment

• @Seth. I will get am Irf830 next time i am at the electronics shop and try it.The way your tower produces plasma with the spinning neons is what i want to try
                        @Kcarring.This is how i connect leds.I add a virtual ground to the av pLug which brightens them up a lot.This is just some metal mass like an alu tray.
                        Here is a pic but use as many leds as you like.I had this setup connected to the positive and negative battery posts but you can leave out the inductors but i found some benefit.Jonny.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarring View Post
                          Thanks to Magneticitist, I finally got a little test circuit to work on the Slayer Exciter theme. While it's not ground breaking by any means, I did discover the Mini towers (under 3" tall) do like to light up Mini Fluoresecents.

Mini Slayer Exciter Replication - 6v / 147mA (6)x1 Watt Flourescents
                          YouTube - (#3) Mini Slayer Exciter Replication - 6v / 147mA (6)x1 Watt Flourescents

Thanks to Ryan, Gbluer, jonnydavro, Lidmotor, Lightsabre and all.

cheers

* seems actually to settle down to a current draw, not much different than on one light. Here it is, in the pitch dark (and my camera does not take pics well in the dark, but nonetheless...) running 9 fluorescent bulbs. 6.04v / 132mA or very close to

[IMG=http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3778/mytowerrunning9lights.jpg][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                          Nice work! How much wire did you use on your coil? And where do you get 1 Watt Fluorescent lights?
                          Last edited by altrez; 01-22-2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcarring View Post
                            @seth I have 1600 ft of 24 guage and some 6,8, and 10" PVC pipe. Do you have a youtube channel?

Thanks
                            10 inch diametre!!

Im envious - i really wanna build another coil on that kind of size pipe. If i see any at the plumbing shop ill definitely buy one and get winding. I cant wait to see your results anyhow, so keep us posted. My PVC, by the way, is 10.8cm diametre.

24 guage is what i used too. for the primary i used copper and iron with little difference in performance.

@johnny - have fun with the ion spinners!! I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll get them working in a matter of minutes Dont forget to make a video so i can see - im really interested in your opinion about the IRF 830.

Comment

• Originally posted by seth View Post
                              10 inch diametre!!

Im envious - i really wanna build another coil on that kind of size pipe. If i see any at the plumbing shop ill definitely buy one and get winding. I cant wait to see your results anyhow, so keep us posted. My PVC, by the way, is 10.8cm diametre.

24 guage is what i used too. for the primary i used copper and iron with little difference in performance.

@johnny - have fun with the ion spinners!! I have no doubt whatsoever that you'll get them working in a matter of minutes Dont forget to make a video so i can see - im really interested in your opinion about the IRF 830.
                              6,8 and 10" pipe is easy to come buy, just go to an excavation company who specializes in road work. They are constantly cutting up city mains, and are left over with 1,2, and 3' sections of schedule 40 / 80. If you ask nicely they will hang on to a piece for you. Best place is right on site, as it generally is laying all over the place. My approach is, you walk up while they are obviously on a coffee break and you pick out the foreman, and ask kindly (a box of donuts can help here too...) if you could contribute to their beer fund buy purchasing a leftover unused pipe section (while you hold a $20). It really is worth a lot of cash, this stuff, especially considering you have to buy a set length, you usually cannot just buy it by the foot.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by altrez View Post
                                Nice work! How much wire did you use on your coil? And where do you get 1 Watt Fluorescent lights?
                                Honestly... this was an experiment to just get me rolling. The Magneticitist created the absolute simplest circuit he could for me, shot a video and pretty much walked me through it. I didn't pay any particular attention to the number of winds - but - it is only about 2 3/4" of windings @ 30guage wire. Not much. My 5 wind pancake primary is very poor loosely wound group of probably 22 guage wire up 5/8" from the bottom. It took me maybe an hour the whole thing.

As for the fluorescent bulbs, I lucked into those. I got them for $0.10 ea., on a hardware liquadation table. They are called Malibu by Intermatic LZ1WU. Originally from a solar lamp setup, but I don't own a lamp. I guess they were pretty expensive outdoor solar lamps, and didn't survive in the marketplace due to their $50 price tag.

Thanks
                                Kyle

Comment

Working...
                                X