X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Tuning

Originally posted by LtBolo View Post
    Crystal radio...hmmm...

Perhaps a subtle adjustment of the center tap ground point creates a slight imbalance in the two halves of the bifilar that mixes to produce a low frequency envelope riding on the high frequency resonating in the coil halves. Feed that through a diode with an RC and you can have your 60Hz.

Just a guess, though...
    Just my thoughts and I may be wrong , and so please correct me accordingly.
    I think Zilano is suggesting that we can fine tune the frequency by positioning these copper coated welding rods back and forth inside primary coil and also repositioning the secondary (the thick coil) over the primary till we find that perverbial sweet spot --as a Ham radio guy we tune coils for proper frequencies with our home made antenna tuners , kind of like that---what do you all think??---Just my thoughts---Paul --VE3 UNF

Comment

• keep frequency in the range of 35khz. frequencies from 1-20khz give u less juice.
      Can it be higher?

Comment

• To get the resonate frequency of a very low induction coil (thick wire small turns) down to 35khz you must be using some very high farad capacitors. I'll have to look around for some of those caps.

Comment

• Output diodes?

Hi Zilano,

Keep up the good work! Very impressive thread!

I'm curious what diodes you are using in your output circuit that you have a pic of in post #78.
          I'm assuming that there is a full wave bridge. It's kinda hard to tell from the pic. Are they high frequency - fast recovery or anything special?

Thanks!
          Duane
          Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

• if u need 5-10 kw use 35khz.use sine wave for better results.and heavy secondary coil for greater amps.
            Where would I be using the sine wave at? It was my understanding that when the spark happens the capacitors drain to the coil then bounce back to the caps and then back to the coils etc at a certain frequency, the resonant frequency, until the energy is dissipated. At that point the spark bridge goes away only to be started again once the caps get charged again by your NST or fly back or whatever you are using to charge the caps. So a sine wave is automatic. Or are you talking about a sine wave to charge the caps from your NST or fly back? Does it matter how you charge those caps as long as they get charged fast enough to keep a steady stream of sparks?

1632: Radio FAQ Part 1 — Spark and Crystal

Well, my latest coils, not much more results. 10 gauge outer secondary 22 gauge inner primary.
            Attached Files

Comment

• NST/Flyback Driver

Originally posted by zilano
              hI FOLKS!
              this is zilano zeis zane

hope u see wot i was reffering to. here CL=capacitor oscillatory value depends on L primary. use online resonance calc to calculate value for 30khz. CT= same way and CO same way. just go on matching frequency. always measure L with LCR METER AND THEN FIND THE REQUIRED C. THE CAPS ARE 300V 2.5 MFD in pi filter. please read 4700 mfd not 47000 mfd. mistake is regretted.

A MUST DO: USE 10 MEG OHM RESISTORS ACROSS CAPACITORS TO AVOID SHOCK AFTER POWER IS SWITCHED OFF.

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!! DO IT AT UR OWN RISK WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING: DC VOLTAGES R ALSO FATAL ABOVE 50 VOLTS THEY STICK YOU WHEN U R ON GROUND AND 250V DC TOUCHED BY U.ITS MORE FATAL THAN 250 V AC. SO WATCH OUT. WORK WITH SHOES ON AND WOODEN FLOOR AND WOODEN TABLE. USE VOLTAGE DIVIDERS TO GET SUITABLE DC 12 OR 24 VOLTS. MEASURE VOLTAGE. TRY ATTACHING LOAD AND IF ITS OK THEN USE INVERTOR.

REGARDS

ZILANO ZEIS ZANE
              in sense n sane!

For those building their own 4kv, 35kHz NST driver using a Flyback here some info on converting one from an old 1970's B/W TV:

Flyback Driver
              POWERLABS' High Voltage Solid State Flyback Driver

Hi Zilano

The above Flyback driver is close to your flyback design. Would an off-the-shelf adjustable 0-20kV, 15-35khz work in your design?

Here is one from the popular Information Unlimited website:
              Neon Transformers, Neon Power Supplies

PVM400 Powers up to 48" Plasma Globes
              Single Electrode Operation

FEATURES:
              OUTPUT - Variable 1-20kv
              FREQUENCY - Variable 15-35khz
              CURRENT - Reactance Limited to 25 ma.
              INPUT - 115/220 50/60hz 1-2 amps
              If this NST would not work, do you recommend one that would work?

Those old '70's flybacks are getting impossible to find.

Cheers Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by zilano
                hI MIKE!

NST U QUOTED ON PAGE WILL WORK FINE.if they dont have gfi(ground fault interruptor) not built in. coz whenever u earth it it will go off and trip in don smith circuits. thats why i made it on my own. without gfi.

regards
                zilano zeis zane
                Hi Zilano

Here is the schematics on that NST, PVM400:
                http://www.amazing1.com/download/PVM...CSCHEMATIC.pdf

There is a ground connection, would this be a GFI?

Thanks again you for your help and in sharing your fascinating insight to Tesla's/Don Smith's resonant electrical energy technology. Keep up the good work!

Cheers Mike
                Last edited by vrand; 08-16-2011, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Hi zilano,

try alluminium thick wire the coil must be thicker. ur outer coil is thin still. but try with this first and use copper coated welding rods. and u will find the great improvement. make sure resonance happens. when u add welding rods coil inductance will change and u need to adjust resonance with caps in primary and secondary accordingly. but result will be best. when u dont have resonance working well results will be low and r just based on induction and thats wot we dont want. we want resonance give us the results.
                  I'm making a new bifilar outer coil. this one will be as wide as the inner coil and is made up of 6 strands of 14 gauge wire, if this is not big enough, I can add more strands. It is half way done I still have to add the second wind and tie them together. I hope multi strand will work. Will this one be big enough? Thanks for your help
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Yahoo Groups

For those who don't know there's some info to be had in the radiant_energy yahoo group.

You have to join to get to the files section.

radiant_energy : Radiant Energy Power Generation

Nothing earth shattering, but some stuff I haven't seen elsewhere.

Also, don't forget to visit FreeEnergyInventions.com

Freeenergyinventions

Duane
                    Dude, you're curving my space-time.

Comment

• keep turns not apart. keep them close.
                      I still have another wind to add, and that will put them closer together. I will finish this one try it, then build one with turns closer together and try that too.

Edit to add: or build a longer primary.
                      Last edited by drak; 08-16-2011, 04:12 AM.

Comment

HI Mike !

this will work.

regards
                        zzz
                        Thanks Zilano

For the 88 turns primary air coil do you use neon sign HV wire, for the input from 4kV from the NST? Wire insulation needs to be rated at least 4kV?

Cheers Mike

Comment

HI mike!

yes its not 88 turns its 80. sorry for crude pic. yes insulation 5k will work fine.

regards
                          zzz
                          Thanks Zilano, I can get some 14 AWG GTO-15kv cable

- Is the 80 turns all in one direction?

- For the 5 turns secondary air coil, is 1/4" (6.35mm) copper tubing okay?
                          - Spaced 6.35mm apart? Or can be closer? I guess can get as close as the 240V air breakdown voltage (240vac output)?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hi mike!

coil 80 turns cw. coil 5 turns is a bifilar(cw5,ccw5 turns). 250 v hf.rectified with in 4007 or higher combination. coil primary 2" and sec 3". with 4 turns per inch secondary bifilar.

regards
                            zzz
                            Hi Zilano

The bifilar is it center tapped to ground (per your drawing below)?

Is the bifilar like the diagram below where 5 turns from center are lower half CCW and upper half are CW 5 turns?

Is there any advantage in using copper tubing for the bifilar windings vs stranded wire vs solid copper wire?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hi mike!

yes diagram is correct. copper is good conductor of electricity alluminium is 2nd to copper. its better to use solid copper rather than stranded. but stranded can be used.bifilar contains two things one is voltage and other is amps here we combine both and use for our benefit. if u can afford barker and williams coil that option is better. cos they have high mutual inductance. here we overcome this mutual inductance factor by using copper coated welding rods a cheap substitute to ferrite toroidal core. in case of ferrite toroidal core we cant change the the q factor but using copper coated ferrite rods we can by increasing and reducing rods.it doesnt matter wot way u wind ccw and cw coils wot matters is we combine the ends and take output from combined end and centre of bifilar. yes bifilar centre tapped grounded.

regards

zzz
                              Hi Zilano

Yes, Don Smith talked about using the magnetic end of the EM field to create the "amps" and he also showed that Tesla diagram of the bifilar cw/ccw coil with center tap.

In the Kapanadze photos of his secondary air coil it doesn't show this center tapped bifilar secondary. Was his system under-producing in electrical output?

Cheers Mike

Comment

Hi mike!

a single coil can also produce amperage too. kapanadze single coil also produced it. we use bifilar so we can control voltage and amps or reduce voltage and amps by increasing cw or ccw turns using something like a rheostat combination. u can use single coil but make it thick.

regards
                                zzz
                                Hi Zilano

By thick do you mean like a copper tube or large diameter > 2 awg copper cable?

I like your 10kw design so I would like to experiment with a secondary that can take 50-100 amps to eventually connect to my house 60hz 240/120v split phase 100 amp panel.

Cheers Mike
                                Last edited by vrand; 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X