No announcement yet.

Donald Smith Devices too good to be true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have time to read 289 pages on this topic?
    No of course not, who does.

So is Donald Smith too good to be true or not?

Why do these alternative energy threads essentially go nowhere?
    They all start off sincere and then they lose their focus and vision?

selah V

ox

Comment

• My resonant ignitioncoil.
      Secondary through 1006Volt SIDAC into secondary of another ignitioncoil.

My theory of what will happen.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael37 View Post
        Do I have time to read 289 pages on this topic?
        No of course not, who does.

So is Donald Smith too good to be true or not?

Why do these alternative energy threads essentially go nowhere?
        They all start off sincere and then they lose their focus and vision?

selah V

ox
        hehe we all want easy answers, and none came for me, but here...

For those who have experience with trying to light halogens, know that 3 watts would only dimly glow the filament on a 20 watt bulb..here instead it is very bright...
        Don Smith Device Project Part 31: 3 Watts In, 20 Watt Halogen Lit Bright - YouTube

and it seems the coils can possibly be done away with...
        42A Don Smith Device: Simplifying - YouTube

sure brightness is not the most accurate method, thats why i tried to measure what i could, but if you have experience with these bulbs and circuits, you know that you need the current to get these halogens lit, volts alone wont cut it.

Lighting these low resistance bulbs is not particularly easy compared to LED bulbs or other high resistance loads.

my point is if they arent getting the Watts, they dont light

Yes, i think the relevant devices discussed here are within possibility of being... true.
        The kilowatts are yet to be found, but so far im only dealing with low input to the system, as we speak i am building an IGBT circuit to replace the spark gap, essentially an OLTC Tesla coil circuit i estimate will be able to drive mid hundreds to low kilowatts.
        and think of a bell as example, you can tap it lightly and get a little ring... but if the bell is struck just hard enough it can seriously make you deaf.
        i think it needs a fair bit of power to get a proper "ring", but that is not necessarily bad... just needs some power to get going.
        just like an airplane needs a certain speed, that slight difference in velocity and geometry making the difference of driving to flying.
        anyway i plan on it seriously kicking ass, coming soon
        Last edited by mr.clean; 02-01-2013, 04:37 PM.
        In the beginner's mind, there are many possibilities.
        In the expert's mind there are few.
        -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by janost View Post
          My resonant ignitioncoil.
          Secondary through 1006Volt SIDAC into secondary of another ignitioncoil.

My theory of what will happen.
          very cool that you have these theoretical images, as you were asking earlier, im mainly trying to use stuff that is already proven, but yeah im one of those who needs to just put it together to find out what will happen

i could be wrong, you may just be able to use a SIDAC just like a spark gap, but check out this circuit, the SIDACS were a small part of it, but the IGBT and resistors had a big part as well...
          Last edited by mr.clean; 05-09-2013, 06:05 AM.
          -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

• Originally posted by mr.clean View Post
            very cool that you have these theoretical images, as you were asking earlier, im mainly trying to use stuff that is already proven, but yeah im one of those who needs to just put it together to find out what will happen

i could be wrong, you may just be able to use a SIDAC just like a spark gap, but check out this circuit, the SIDACS were a small part of it, but the IGBT and resistors had a big part as well...
            You only need the IGBT if the current goes over 1Amp.
            Otherwise it works with just series SIDACs.

Actually the can take a bit more if pulsed.
            (See attachment)

I havent put together my DSO-150 with HV-shunts yet so I have to measure after stepdown.

Hate to kill a second DSO
            Attached Files
            Last edited by janost; 02-01-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

• I also wonder what happens if I charge a 50uF cap to 200v and fire it into my 6v lead-acid battery?

The cap contains 1 Joule of energy and that is like 1watt for 1 second.

Fired ito a 6v battery, that would make 166mA for 1 second.
              or say that it discharges in 2mS that would make a 83Amp pulse?

The battery and the cap has some ESR value so it wont make 83Amps.

If the SIDAC has some 100ohm on-state resistance drop that would be a 2Amp pulse lasting for 83mS.

But it will make a considerable jolt?
              Last edited by janost; 02-01-2013, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I also wonder what happens if I charge a 50uF cap to 200v and fire it into my 6v lead-acid battery?

The cap contains 1 Joule of energy and that is like 1watt for 1 second.

Fired ito a 6v battery, that would make 166mA for 1 second.
                or say that it discharges in 2mS that would make a 83Amp pulse?

The battery and the cap has some ESR value so it wont make 83Amps.

If the SIDAC has some 100ohm on-state resistance drop that would be a 2Amp pulse lasting for 83mS.

But it will make a considerable jolt?
                cool stuff, what is the recharge time on the cap?
                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

cool stuff, what is the recharge time on the cap?
                  Dont know yet, have to measure that.

If it was not for the rechargetime I would use a 330uF cap.
                  If it takes to long I have to choose something smaller than 50uF.

Comment

Dont know yet, have to measure that.

If it was not for the rechargetime I would use a 330uF cap.
                    If it takes to long I have to choose something smaller than 50uF.
                    ok yes good call,
                    i believe with my setup, there is 10kv.1uf 5 Joules and can charge in at least 1/60 of a second (because it's set approx to 60hz) to give seemingly DC.

its very interesting, if i use an alligator test wire coming off House ground, the spark freq is slower than my 8 gauge, also a noticable weaker effect using House ground compared to more superior 10m away RF ground.

anyway, if not already getting fast charge maybe something like a fraction of a uF and you'll get the higher freq spark/sidac if enough coming from the ig coil.
                    i know that personally if i used any more than .5uf (500nf) i would have to set the gap imposssibly small or Way too much bang energy (given higher volts) for any bulbs i have.
                    Oh and actually i tried using an electrolytic 150v 8000uf once, but even on the lowest setting it arced internally

But a constant 200v like urs would be awesome!
                    Last edited by mr.clean; 02-01-2013, 05:08 PM.
                    -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

ExpressSCH
                      ExpressPCB - Free PCB layout software - Low cost circuit boards - Top quality PCB manufacturing
                      Its free and does your PCBs from the schematic

And I use LTspice to simulate small circuits before building them.
                      Download LTspice IV 4.17x Free - A software to help you simulate switching regulators. - Softpedia
                      It is really good.
                      Thanks!
                      level

Comment

• I tried the 1006volt series SIDAC on the ignitioncoils but for 2.38Amps input I got 200mA output.
                        Seems It has to be done like a real sparkgap, shorting the charged cap to the coil creating a resonant ringdown.

It was more fun with my mosfet JT though.

I used a 5.6uF and tried to charge it with the secondary flyback but it wouldnt charge to more than 30v.

I changed it to a 330nF cap and a 146v SIDAC back to the battery.
                        When I connected the wire to the battery, there where sparks

I connected the DSO and for sure there was a huge pulse feeding back.
                        5times larger than before or about 850mA in each pulse

Now I have trouble with the mosfet striking again when the pulse feeds back to the battery.
                        I need to find out why.

This was fun though.
                        Would not have thought that with just a 330nF cap and a 146v SIDAC

Enjoy while I draw the schematics.

Edit: Seems I turned the 5.6uF polairized cap backwards.
                        Have to try it again.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by janost; 02-01-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• When the cap is charged 146v over the battery voltage, the SIDAC fires and dumps its charge to the battery.
                          Attached Files

Comment

ok yes good call,
                            i believe with my setup, there is 10kv.1uf 5 Joules and can charge in at least 1/60 of a second (because it's set approx to 60hz) to give seemingly DC.
                            Hi mr. clean. It would only charge the capacitor to 10 KV if the sparkgap breakover voltage is at 10KV. Your sparkgap may well be firing at a voltage somewhat less than 10KV depending on what the sparkgap breakover voltage is for the exact gap distance you are using. 10KV also assumes your NST can produce that much peak voltage, but when an NST (or any unregulated or poorly regulated power supply for that matter) is under load its output voltage drops somewhat from the nominal rating.
                            Last edited by level; 02-01-2013, 09:27 PM.
                            level

Comment

• Naudin - GEGENE experiments

There is another thread on this here already, but in case anyone might not have seen it yet, Naudin has been doing some interesting experiments using an induction cooker to drive a Tesla style bifilar pancake coil, and use that to drive various types of loads. I think Naudin's latest experiment is using a quartz heater as the load (it is apparently completely non-inductive), and Naudin and at least one other were apprently reporting over unity in some experiments, but it seems (unless I misinterpreted something, as I just took a quick look at the numbers on the last experiment) that in this last experiment Naudin is reporting about 1733 W input and about 1596 or 1599 Watts output. It is relatively easy to make measurement errors in these types of circuits or to overlook something important, so it is good to see that Naudin is apparently making an effort to keep improving on his experimental setups and measurement methods. Anyay, the GEGENE experiments look interesting:
                              The GEGENE
                              Last edited by level; 02-01-2013, 09:35 PM.
                              level

Comment

• Originally posted by level View Post
                                There is another thread on this here already, but in case anyone might not have seen it yet, Naudin has been doing some interesting experiments using an induction cooker to drive a Tesla style bifilar pancake coil, and use that to drive various types of loads. I think Naudin's latest experiment is using a quartz heater as the load (it is apparently completely non-inductive), and Naudin and at least one other were apprently reporting over unity in some experiments, but it seems (unless I misinterpreted something, as I just took a quick look at the numbers on the last experiment) that in this last experiment Naudin is reporting about 1733 W input and about 1596 or 1599 Watts output. It is relatively easy to make measurement errors in these types of circuits or to overlook something important, so it is good to see that Naudin is apparently making an effort to keep improving on his experimental setups and measurement methods. Anyay, the GEGENE experiments look interesting:
                                The GEGENE
                                yes my voltage is prob closer to 6 to 7.2kv now that i think about it

i really like it, but about the Gegene, hehe im surprised no -one is saying that light is not an accurate measure
                                and how no-one is questioning peak to peak vs RMS

i think im more partial to RomeroUk's go at it, readings were 98% or so, then added low impedance pancake with grid-tie inverter to source and give or take, 150watts more out
                                it would be nice to see the measurements a little further apart, but yes of course it's awesome, go figure, it's Tesla product

Technically it would be using over 1000 watts or more (possibly work at lower power)
                                BUT it seems like at that point, you could run in self-loop with a 150 watt bulb?

oh spoke too soon, now i see JLN with a grid-tie inverter in self-loop, etc... LOL
                                Last edited by mr.clean; 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM.
                                -Shunryu Suzuki

Comment

Working...
                                X