No announcement yet.

Hendershot Replications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morpher can you please explain a bit more, where you got the Digits from ?
    Why 2, and why 7-26. I am anyway lost, lol.
    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

hubbard used power-of-two harmonics

Originally posted by Joit View Post
      Morpher can you please explain a bit more, where you got the Digits from ?
      Why 2, and why 7-26. I am anyway lost, lol.
      Hubbard was assuming power-of-two harmonics.
      This I glean from material on the web about Hubbard's coil.
      That dump above are just the frequencies that range from 2^7 to
      2^26. Those in the am band are marked so.
      Hubbard didn't assume 60hz I don't think.

2.8Ghz (if NMR is assumed) implies his coil would produce a magnetic
      field of about .1 Tesla. That is a believable number ... but I'm not
      sure how Hubbard came to that. Perhaps he measured it when
      making a prototype ... and then refined his coil.
      It also assumes a certain current.... which would vary with load ...
      so this may be a worse-case field.

Power-of-two makes sense in terms of multiple "paired" cycles
      into the same time period.

btw, there is a thread here on "Hubbard Coil".

Comment

my trouble with the buzzer

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Buzzer Trouble

Comment

Negating Lenz's Law

Wow, this video and others by
          user/ThaneCHeins
          are pretty impressive.

What interests me here is this idea of PULSING via a high-voltage-coil
          to thwart lenz's law.

These flux pulses can manipulate the inductance to bring
          it lower, allowing for more power to flow since
          reactance drops.

There is something very "magic" about pulsing flux and
          the effects of a collapsing magnetic field.

The Hendershot coil likely has pulsing fluxes all around it and
          may be benefiting from a similar trick.

YouTube - NEGATING LENZ'S LAW

cut and pasted from the "info":

"At the critical threshold speed or frequency (dictated by the coils inductance) the HIGH VOLTAGE COIL ceases to act as an INDUCTOR (storing energy in the electromagnetic field and producing a Lenz's Law repelling action to the approaching magnetic field) and begins to act as a CAPACITOR (storing energy in the electrostatic field between the wires)."

Comment

Reminds me anyhow at the Video of a Super JT Post #105.
            At a certain Point from Resistance at the trigger coil, the Voltage switch Polarity.
            Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

dc meter?

Reminds me anyhow at the Video of a Super JT Post #105.
              At a certain Point from Resistance at the trigger coil, the Voltage switch Polarity.
              Hi Joit,

If that meter was in DC mode, I suspect there is a DIODE in the circuit
              within the meter. High voltage pulses can cause current to flow
              across the diode in the wrong direction -- breakdown.

A Joule Thief doing high voltage pulses like this probably should
              NOT be measured with a DC volt meter.
              An AC setting would be a bit better ... giving you more of an
              RMS reading.

Or, an oscilloscope might be a better way to see what is occurring.

Comment

Here is the book by Mark Hendershot Suppressed Inventions - Google Books Based on this book I do belive that Lester Hendershot used same principles in his generator as in his motor.
                Mike

Comment

Non-Linear Study

In this video I attempt to show the non-linear behavior of the Hendershot-like circuit I'm experimenting with. First I show what occurs with a regular 10:1 transformer, using the scope in X-Y mode to show input as X and output as Y. Next I show same sort of thing using the Hendershot-like circuit. Unlike using a relay, which produce uncontrolled jitter, the pulse generator I'm using has a more stable pulse to enable the study of what looks like "bounded chaos".

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Non-Linear Response
                  Last edited by morpher44; 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Some X-Y screenshots from last-nite

These X-Y screen shots show the relationship of the waveform pulsing L2
                    (on X-axis) and the waveform arriving to the bridge-rectifier load (y-axis).
                    One pattern looks like Africa.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by morpher44; 10-09-2009, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Ok now tell us, where/how the Fluxlines do run, or the Magnetic Field looks like j/k

Comment

fluxlines

Ok now tell us, where/how the Fluxlines do run, or the Magnetic Field looks like j/k
                        @ Joit
                        I'm not sure what your asking.
                        The cylinder has 4 coils around it: L1, L2, L3, L4 on a basket weave form.
                        L1 is wrapped ABOVE L2 ... so I think of them as being
                        essentially a transformer with a turn ratio ... on the order of 1:5.
                        L3 and L4 side above L2 and look to me more like "tickler" coils
                        as you would find in regenerative radio designs of his day.
                        They too would inductively couple up-and-down the cylinder.
                        I used a 5 in diameter paint can which has magnetic permeability
                        which would INCREASE the inductance.
                        Also in the circuit is a standard 5:1 transformer and some big
                        AC caps 30uF & 100uf. So this circuit has lots of complex
                        inductance and capacitances, making circuit analysis a bit tricky --
                        at least for me anyway since I'm not skilled in
                        analog circuit analysis. People have tried to analyze Hendershot's
                        circuit in the 70s.
                        More recently, the guys in Germany attempted a computer
                        simulation.
                        This is well beyond my capability. I took the more
                        naive attitude of "lets just fire it up and see what happens...".
                        All I can prove ... and its obvious really ... is that phases
                        will shift, waveforms will change, etc. depending upon
                        frequency.
                        For the coil I've wound, and the circuit I've put together,
                        I appear to get the highest wattage at around 300 to 500hz --
                        which confirms my suspicion that we are dealing with
                        "buzzer" or "relay" frequencies here ... not Radio frequencies.
                        This makes sense since power generation was Hendershot's goal.
                        So unlike Moray, I believe Hendershot's device is not a Radio
                        receiver for the AM band ... but rather is concerned with
                        tuning much lower VLF frequencies.

Flux will run up and down the cylinder yes ... but there would
                        also be lots of magnetic JITTER from the solenoid-magnet-bar,
                        which I suspect is providing a large feedback path for energy.
                        I'm struggling with the mechanical construction of that
                        device. A buzzer or relay is a good model ... but not quite
                        what Hendershot had. I think Hendershot was putting a magnet
                        into resonance -- which might yield some surprises (similar
                        to Floyd Sweet).
                        I think also that I need DUAL coils and for the solenoid-magnet-bar
                        device to CUT the fields back and forth ... spraying fields over
                        to the two coils for this feedback path.
                        There is lots more to investigate here ... and I do what I can ...when
                        I can.
                        Thanks for participating...
                        Last edited by morpher44; 10-09-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Actually, i meant, because the x/y coordinates looks so weird,
                          how the Magnetfield would be wrapped around it.

Well, back to be serious :P.
                          Did you read the Link from mlurve at Page 440 about the Hendershot device?
                          In case you dont know it allready, or didnt,
                          i find it interesting, that Hendershot did mention, his base was a Motor,
                          and, aligned to to Earth magnetfield, when you cut the Field N-S you got an indicator of the True N pole.
                          Ed leedskalin did mention, that the S Pole is not straight 180° away from the N Pole.
                          When you cut the Field East west, you got a turning Force, rotary motion.
                          (maybe because you build a new Field left and right?).
                          Anyhow it looks like a Explanation, why he aligned the Parts in a 90°.

Another Note i did read the last days was about the TPU from S Marks.
                          In a earlier Document, there was a Story about one from the earliest Tv's,
                          where 'someone' did play around with the Settings, seems,
                          and suddenly, this Thing did implode, and all Iron parts in that Room did stick at the Tv.
                          But the Point was, that he said, at a Tv, you have different Settings
                          like Brightness, Sound, balance, Channel, Contrast, what you have to adjust to get the right Picture.
                          Another thing he said, was, the Tpu works like a Ball in a Circle,
                          where you allways hit the ball with more sticks at a higher Speed, and it turns faster and faster.
                          At all the Impedance, i am still not sure, because most time, what i ve seen is,
                          that the Fields, what are build up are not very picky, usual i did mostly see,
                          when i am at a right track.
                          But i would try different thickness, as you have seen at the Rodin Thread,
                          and another Example is Cooks Battery.
                          It seems, as if you can create with very thin Wires a huge Result,
                          without boiling them, when you feed them with the right amount of Energy,
                          but boil them, as our conventionals EE Scientists do.
                          I think more importend is the Pattern to the Steps, what you need, to bring them into Resonance.
                          I did follow the Thread at Ou.de since beginning, but i dont remember all.
                          But they had still some Problems with the Coils, not sure, if he did make a honeycombcoil, or had a normal one.
                          He still do step by step too, but anyhow, i think he thinks to complicated,
                          when you figure, at Hendershot Time was the knowledge about this all not so big,
                          like today. But seems Hendershot did find it in a more easier way.
                          But i think too, its actually all based on Resonance, where you increase Field by Field with a small one.

Comment

compass fun

@ Joit

Yes the claim that Hendershot's original motor design would
                            function only when pointed certain compass directions: N-S vs E-W
                            leads one to conclude that the earth's magnetic field plays a role.

I tried to devise an experiment to get to the bottom of that and
                            came up with this.

YouTube - Magnet - Compass - Solenoids (Hendershot Mystery)

The horseshoe magnet, when there is a bar over it, has its
                            field tweaked a bit and a compass can be placed in a certain
                            location relative to it, and easily made to spin by
                            pulsing a solenoid.
                            The pulse gives just the right sort of push to make the needle
                            rotate around.
                            So I imagine that if you could do that in a certain ZONE ...
                            and place a cylindrical coil there, that that coil could
                            inductively pick up the spin.
                            With a left-and-right coil ... one might spin one way ...
                            another the other way ... creating a phase difference.
                            With a phase difference, you can set up a potential difference ...
                            a voltage.
                            Further, the rotating flux in that location will
                            alter the inductance in the coil (if it has ferromagnetic material)
                            just as was done in the Magnetic Amplifier designs.
                            In this way the inductance would be non-linear and
                            perphaps that feature is an important ingredient to the Hendershot design.

Yes I'm aware of the TPU stuff which has similar features.
                            The Steven Mark TV implosion story is a fun story.

Unlike the TPU, Hendershot deploys two cylinder shaped
                            coils which may ... somehow ... pick up the magnetic field
                            of the earth as the planet rotates. We are rotating in a
                            HUGE generator ... Hendershot reasoned that all we have to do
                            is create a means of cutting those 50 microTesla field lines.

The "Induction Compass" did just that and produce a small amount
                            of power to move a needle so that pilots could navigate.
                            Hendershot was building designs to improve that device.
                            As such, he would be winding "generator" coils and experimenting
                            with magnets, etc.
                            That devise had a spinning stature that would spin when the
                            air craft was in-flight ... and a bit of wind was directed down to
                            spin essentially a pin-wheel driving a shaft, rotating a coil
                            which would produce more or less current depending upon its
                            orientation to the earth's magnetic field. No magnet was used
                            in that device ... the earth's field itself was used.

Re: thin wire ... cold electricity
                            I would love to witness such an effect .. but it is not
                            in my experience ... yet.
                            It is certainly true that small wires can carry very large voltages
                            with low current. You can ... in another part of the circuit,
                            turn high-voltage ... back to low voltage .. higher current ..
                            using transformers. So the notion of pulling a large amount
                            of WATTS from small wires is doable by just bringing
                            voltage up high.
                            So for example, if you want 500watts thru 30AWG wire,
                            if your voltage is greater than 581 volts AC RMS, and your current
                            is about .86 amps max ... its doable. The wire would be HOT
                            and just about to have issues.

I don't know if Hendershot's way is easier than Steven Mark's TPU.
                            Mark was so secretive ... its not clear what he did.
                            In the Hendershot case, the disinfo surrounding the material
                            is so dated now that it might be easier to reverse-engineer
                            Hendershot's devices.
                            Last edited by morpher44; 10-10-2009, 12:55 AM.

Comment

source: 1.5V D cell, Load: 2 LEDs

Here is a demonstration of running a 12VDC relay and 2 LEDs using the Hendershot-like circuit I'm experimenting with. The power source is a 1.5V D cell and the current draw is less than 30 mA.

The relay is 160 ohms, has a pull-in voltage is 9V min, nominal current rating is 75mA. I'm amazed that I can make the relay buzz and drive the 2 LED load using this Hendershot circuit, a D cell and some magnets.

YouTube - "Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - 2 LED, 1.5V

These results are not unlike what can be obtained with a Joule Thief
                              circuit ... yet this Hendershot circuit is also driving a buzzer with
                              less than 30mA from 1.5v ... that is less than 45mWatts.

Comment

X-Y shot when buzzer drives the circuit

With the 2-LED load, and the 12VDC relay with magnets attached to the Hendershot circuit, I thought it would be interesting to look at the X-Y plot
                                of L2 relative to L1. On this screenshot of the scope we see L2 on the x-axis at 10 Volts/div. L1 (the tank circuit) is on y-axis at 2 Volts/div.
                                L2 and L1 have a turn ratio that is about 5:1.

Notice that the positive x and y quadrant is mostly a straight line
                                as would be expected with a transformer.
                                The negative x and y quadrant, however, is a swirly series of
                                ringing curves, taking up that quadrant.

This is a very interesting observation ... which I can't quite understand.
                                The back EMF from the coil as the relay pulls the lever down, disconnecting
                                the 1.5V battery from the solenoid, enters the Hendershot circuit as a negative SPIKE ... subject to lots and lots of jitter. So the energy, and its response on the tank circuit, will jitter around in that quadrant.
                                I would have predicted a fuzzy line ... but this looks very different.

It is possible the scope cannot handle this sort of comparison.
                                I read somewhere that the X-Y feature of a scope only
                                functions properly when the waves are sinusoidal.
                                I'm no expert on analog Oscilloscopes so I have no insight
                                if this is so or not.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X