No announcement yet.

Hendershot Replications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another interesting fact is that Moray was working in 5MHz range. And Hendershots coil resonates in a range of 5MHz. This 2 devices got something common.
    Mike

Comment

• capacitor

Originally posted by mlurye View Post
      I can tell you one thing, test it with standard capacitor and build one and you definitely will see the difference.
      Did you compare one layer and double layer capacitors on your Hendershot tank ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NOMDI View Post
        Did you compare one layer and double layer capacitors on your Hendershot tank ?
        Standard caps do not affect HF resonance much, with double layer there is much better response in tuning.
        Mike

Comment

• Originally posted by mlurye View Post
          Standard caps do not affect HF resonance much, with double layer there is much better response in tuning.
          Thanks for advice !

Comment

• Another observation.
            Look at this picture, do you see buzzer? Hendershot balancing the load. May be replacing buzzer with 60W bulb will be sufficient.
            Attached Files
            Mike

Comment

• high voltage spikes

Originally posted by NOMDI View Post
              we can speculate he did it only to get a very high voltage capacitor. It seems to be logical because the LC cell is made to be tuned a the resonance point, which means high voltage pikes. Can we suspect that every replication made with a single layer capacitor (made of paper which is not as good as actual plastic films for insulation) has "dead born" capacitors ?

I also guess that this could explain the value of 1.3 mF (we've seen in his son document), which could be in fact 13 nf, almost twice the value of the 7.8 nF he could have first experiment with a parallel double layer capacitor...
              Yes my thoughts exactly.
              re: the 1.3 mF, it definitely looks like MFD ... but this
              little note here has no context...
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by morpher44 View Post
                Yes my thoughts exactly.
                re: the 1.3 mF, it definitely looks like MFD ... but this
                little note here has no context...
                Calculations on this note are done in kilocycles (first line). The rest is destroyed
                Mike

Comment

• Hendershot, did his calculations based on 1/16 of wave length for (0.0078uF) and 1/32 of wave length for (1.3uF). Or maybe he calculated it for 1/4, but it operated in 1/16. Played with numbers for 1.3uF it's different (not related) wave length then 0.0078uF, not even close. Correct value would be 0.1245uF or ~0.13uF (for 1/4 wave length), ~1.99uF (for 1/16 wave length). Looks like Hendershot was of on one decimal point.
                  Last edited by mlurye; 10-29-2009, 08:57 PM.
                  Mike

Comment

• the math

Hendershot, did his calculations based on 1/16 of wave length for (0.0078uF) and 1/32 of wave length for (1.3uF). Or maybe he calculated it for 1/4, but it operated in 1/16. Played with numbers for 1.3uF it's different (not related) wave length then 0.0078uF, not even close. Correct value would be 0.1245uF or ~0.13uF (for 1/4 wave length), ~1.99uF (for 1/16 wave length). Looks like Hendershot was of on one decimal point.
                    @mlurye

Could you explain your math in a bit more detail. I'm not following how you derive this.

-morpher44

Comment

@mlurye

Could you explain your math in a bit more detail. I'm not following how you derive this.

-morpher44
                      morpher,
                      L=120uH , C=0.0078uF based on this I calculated wave length.
                      Wave length / 4 or /16 or /32 you can get resonant frequency and get C for it.
                      Last edited by mlurye; 10-30-2009, 05:39 PM.
                      Mike

Comment

• hmmm...

morpher,
                        L=120uH , C=0.0078uF based on this I calculated wave length.
                        Wave length / 4 or /16 or /32 you can get resonant frequency and get C for it.
                        I'm still not following.
                        I get f = 164506 hz with those values ... but you already have C = 7.8nF.
                        Wavelength is 1822.376 meters.

divide by 4 = 455.594116 meters, 658025.306589 hz
                        divide by 16 = 113.898529 meters, 2632101.226357 hz
                        divide by 32 = 56.949265 meters, 5264202.452715 hz
                        Now what?
                        Last edited by morpher44; 10-30-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

I'm still not following.
                          I get f = 164506 hz with those values ... but you already have C = 7.8nF.
                          Wavelength is 1822.376 meters.

divide by 4 = 455.594116 meters, 658025.306589 hz
                          divide by 16 = 113.898529 meters, 2632101.226357 hz
                          divide by 32 = 56.949265 meters, 5264202.452715 hz
                          Now what?
                          Hendershot coil will resonate at all this frequencies.

1823 * 4 =7294 m, 41126 Hz
                          L=120uH
                          C=0.1248uF (Not 1.3 as mentioned on note, 1 decimal off)

divide by 32 = 56.949265 meters, 5264202.452715 hz ~5.26MHz (Moray was using his device with 5MHz)
                          Last edited by mlurye; 10-30-2009, 07:27 PM.
                          Mike

Comment

• wavelength

1823 * 4 =7294 m, 41126 Hz
                            L=120uH
                            C=0.1248uF (Not 1.3 as mentioned on note, 1 decimal off)

divide by 32 = 56.949265 meters, 5264202.452715 hz ~5.26MHz (Moray was using his device with 5MHz)

Very interesting ! I guess you've found the best theory about the mysterious 1.3 origin Do you have any idea about the meaning of this Hendershot and Moray 5 Mhz common value ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NOMDI View Post
                              Very interesting ! I guess you've found the best theory about the mysterious 1.3 origin Do you have any idea about the meaning of this Hendershot and Moray 5 Mhz common value ?
                              NOMDI based on this number I can make one assumption, they were using the same frequency to tune in to. And with info available for Hendershot device we can calculate it as close as possible.
                              May be if we will scan in 5264197.63332369 area we can find source of energy that was used by those devices.
                              Last edited by mlurye; 10-30-2009, 07:45 PM.
                              Mike

Comment

• the tuning...

NOMDI based on this number I can make one assumption, they were using the same frequency to tune in to. And with info available for Hendershot device we can calculate it as close as possible.
                                May be if we will scan in 5264197.63332369 area we can find source of energy that was used by those devices.
                                @mlure and @NOMDI

I was thinking the inductance and capacitance of the
                                tank circuit was the dominant set of values for tuning as well.
                                But now I'm not so confident in that assumption.

The 120uH you assume is not actually what will be seen
                                by the tank circuit.
                                Inductance is a funny thing in that it is influenced
                                by mutual induction as well.
                                So since we have a 64-turn coil UNDER that "tank" coil,
                                it behaves like a transformer.
                                The other side of that transformer has several other
                                inductances hooked up in series.
                                The tank circuit, therefore sees a much larger inductance ...
                                upwards into the millihenries, since we
                                are dealing with those 5:1 transformers, etc.
                                Again, I'm no expert in circuit analysis ... and
                                all this crazy mutual inductance makes the problem
                                quite complex.

I have clued into the fact that if you can make
                                all these inductances experience the same rising and
                                falling magnetic field (up and down the sign wave),
                                you utilize the phases to create a nice
                                180 degree phase shift. One transformer ... gives you 90 degrees.
                                A 2nd transformer gives you another 90 degrees, resulting in 180.
                                With a 180 phase shift you can then do "regeneration"
                                of the waveforms ... adding their amplitudes...

So if the waveform -- arriving to the left-hand side were to be
                                run through essentially two transformers -- each shifting phase
                                90 degrees .... when that arrives to the right-hand side,
                                it too would produce magnetic fields that go up and down
                                in the same way. The left and right could be made to
                                synchronize in this way since their fields are moving in
                                unison up and down on the same plane. They
                                would be able to exchange mutual inductance ... producing
                                an even larger effect in terms of feedback.

I suspect the Hendershot device is using mutual inductance to
                                some advantage.

It is easily demonstrated that two coils that have their
                                cylinder mouths oriented UP, when placed next to each
                                other, can inductively couple -- just as effectively as if
                                their mouths were facing each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X