Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rodin Coil Winding Table - Video

Comment

Any thoughts on using welding wire with copper coating on the inside of the plastic doughnuts? Like wire from a mig welder or anything else besides air inside the torrid shape?

I'm thinking about doing the small toy this way.

Or one could drill a hole in the plastic shape and fill it with other materials like iron shavings.

Comment

wwdotme

Marko claims that the geometry of the coil is what opens the door, not the "wire" or "core material." Its kind of like saying, "its not the golf club that makes Tiger Woods great."

Comment

got ya
          I'm only half way through his videos sadly enough having to pull extra hours at work.
          Thanks david

Comment

Hello all,

Im working on various TPU configurations and so I made a long time ago a "Rodin coil TPU". Only 1 Rodin coil, just to try it. Of course a TPU needs 3 of such coils, thats clear!
            The windings had a turn every 105° ( I think!) .....everything made like a Rodin coil but with a lamp wire. In that time I didnt know that a core was needed so I made it without a core.

Result: when pulsed, there was soooo a big magnetic field, never seen a bigger one.....

Otto

Comment

Thanks for the video Davide. I tried building one, I don't know if it's correctly done though. I used the same torus, but used 24 awg, with 18 windings for A&B, then the gap. Definitely a pain winding this coil.

Comment

Freezer

Beautiful! Let us know what you discover.

Comment

YouTube - Rodin Coil Effects 4 - Magnetic Monopole

what the circuit that my question!
                  on youtube everyones is talking black hole and while holes, makes sense to me

Comment

To the coil winders amoung you:

The way my humble mind visualizes the optimal operation of an Rcoil being, would not be with the clustered wires and then those wide visual gaps between the clusters, but rather gaps (or neutral wire as seems better in my view) every third wind.
                    The gaps themselves would then fill (or empty rather) a 3-dimensional mase/web. Doing the 3-6-9's job, for every individual wire pair.
                    Am I the only way seeing possible potential with this method, or the only one simple enough to misunderstand something so clearcut, so wrong?

The air core being the most common (and Rodin-specified), makes me wonder still, what alternatives there are for air. Vacume donut? Filled with iron? Many things were proposed. Certainly with above shown "large gaps" layout, there is room for an opening in the core. I'd think it's a nice place to keep your magnetic superfluid. Although it might just stick to one side of its donut shaped container.

Regards,
                    J

Comment

Hi Otto, i've admired your great work & posts on TPU for a couple years now on the other forum, it's great to see you post here

When you pulsed the Rodin/TPU coil, was there anything specific that tipped you off to the huge magnetic field that was generated? Instruments going crazy or something like that?

___

Cloxxi the thing that intriques me about this most is the monopole magnet that is apparently created when an iron rod is put in the core during operation. That's pretty weird in itself; and could possibly be useful in motor design... Or in magnet manufacture. In fact if it really can create a field several times the size of any other coil geometry for the same weight of copper (or current input), it could be ideal for making strong anisotropic magnets.

Comment

Hello all,

@jibbguy

thanks for your kinds words.

It was a very long time ago when I made my Rodin coil TPU.
                        I remember that there was a veeeeery strong magnetic field. It was so strong that my little magnet hanging over the TPU hit me directly into my face, ha,ha.

I dont remember exact how I did it but the instruments didnt show me anything "strange"
                        But as I builded this TPU without a core and collectors, the light was very bad and so I have thrown this TPU away.

In that time I realized that the output "power" of a TPU has nothing to do with a magnetic field produced by the coils!

Today, if allowed to mention, I have a 1 ring TPU with a copper core, WITHOUT any signs of a magnetic field and the light with 12,6V from the power supply is not so bad.

I wish I would have the time to connect my other core to the first one and fire myself to the moon but it has to wait.

Otto

Comment

Hi all,

Welcome otto.

The Rodin coil looks mystic and aetheric. I think I will have to make one for a few tests. I will try to get the donuts toy from the family store nearby but I think I have a set of training wheels for a kid bike that are wider and a little bit bigger. The angle of attack of the wiring might give a stronger and tighter magnetic field.

I am winding the coils for the vibration generator and next I'll wind one rodin coil and keep you posted.

Take care,

Michel
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYscnFpEyA

Comment

Hello all,

@Michelinho

thanks for the welcome.

I think the main point in a Rodin coil are the degrees of the windings. I made this days a "rodin coil" TPU but I dont see any magnetic field.

The point is that I didnt wound my coils at 105° but used another angle and so there is no magnetic field. Im wrighting this 105° from my memory so forgive me if we have another angle of the turns. I have no time to look but as you all know at Jean Louis Naudins site you can everything see.

Otto

Comment

I believe this is new...
                              YouTube - theUMMCorg's Channel

Comment

Aah, they're going to try and loop it! No excuses, just try to loop it. Seems they really could use a hand from the builders here....

Comment

Working...
                                X