No announcement yet.

Leedskalnin/Tesla Unipolar Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wounder how this would work with a toroid.

Maybe put a couple pickup coils in between the two main coils.

Comment

I just tried this perpetual motion holder
      with a couple coils.
      It works even if there not on a U shaped rod.

I ran the coils positive on one to negative on the other.
      Then viseversa for the other wires.

Where they came togeather I pulsed that to the battery.
      It worked very well, the only way to turn it off was to use another magnet to cancel the magnetic force out.

I made a short video of it here.

YouTube - Leedskalnin Coils

Comment

magnetic current

Slayer, great vid!

Do you have a multimeter that you can show the amperage flowing after you disconnect power?

Also, can you probe around the coils with a volt meter and show what the potential differences you find?

Can you post a simple schematic for everyone?

I apologize for all the questions but there is some profound implications with the Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion Holder and other like concepts of magnetic current.
        Sincerely,
        Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
        Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
        RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

@slayer007

I'm sorry to say but what you did in your video has nothing to do with PMH.

What you did was to use two anti-parallel coils, each with its own ferromagnetic core (a bolt of some kind if I saw it correctly). Those coils are NOT forming closed magnetic circuit like PMH is suppose to. Then you energized your coils which magnetized their cores. I suspect you didn't use soft steel because it's obvious cores retained quite a lot magnetism. Then you put ferromagnetic material between those two magnetized bolts (which are by now essentially permanent magnets) and the ferromagnetic plate sticks. Which is not surprising because you made two opposite permanent magnets and then you stick ferromagnetic plate in between them.

Now, the only way to demagnetize those cores is to apply opposite magnetic field of equal strength or stronger. You can do that by sticking permanent magnet to cores or you can do it by applying the same current but the opposite polarity of the original one used to magnetize cores in the first place. Of course the duration of the demagnetization impulse must be short enough in order not to get to the negative quadrant of the magnetic hysteresis curve which would essentialy magnetize cores only in different polarity.

Sorry to say mate but that is not PMH in any way.

@Aaron

If you're interested I will try to find pictures and precise measurements I did on the exact replica of PMH (a great big, heavy U shapped rod made of soft steel) made as per Leedskalnin's specs. I used precise gaussmeter to measure various aspects of PMH and I did find some very interesting stuff nobody reported so far. Everything is photographed and documneted of course.
          http://www.nequaquamvacuum.com/en/en...n/alt-sci.html
          http://www.neqvac.com

Comment

lighty, please do that. I would also be interested
            It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
              Slayer, great vid!

Do you have a multimeter that you can show the amperage flowing after you disconnect power?

Also, can you probe around the coils with a volt meter and show what the potential differences you find?

Can you post a simple schematic for everyone?

I apologize for all the questions but there is some profound implications with the Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion Holder and other like concepts of magnetic current.

Thanks Aaron

I dont have a schematic for it yet but I can make one.

After seeing Uusedman video,Great video.

I thought I would try this.
              In the video the coil was a trifilar coil,but I was only using one coil.
              One coil I went positive to negative of the other coil.

Then where the coils came togeather I pulsed that to the battery.

Comment

lets try to replicate all of eds experiments on magnet current. we should try to modify because the reading is a little confusing if not concentrating.

Comment

pmh

Hi Slayer, anything you can provide would be great.

Lighty - yes, we should start a PMH thread because this can be a big topic.

Here is one replica attempt:
                  Emery Version - Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion Holder - KeelyNet 06/05/03

I saw some video not to long ago on this but can't find it...it was better than any that I can find on youtube. Will post if I can find it.
                  Sincerely,
                  Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                  Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                  RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

I believe mathew emery has a website with videos of the replications. The question is how can we make this useful?

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Hi Slayer, anything you can provide would be great.

Lighty - yes, we should start a PMH thread because this can be a big topic.

Here is one replica attempt:
                    Emery Version - Leedskalnin Perpetual Motion Holder - KeelyNet 06/05/03

I saw some video not to long ago on this but can't find it...it was better than any that I can find on youtube. Will post if I can find it.

Comment

Way cool!

Wow Slayer! Thanks for doing that. Glad you guys are enjoying this thread. I had a feeling people like you would see the value of Leedskalnin's "transformer".

Slayer (and this may answer uusedman's question on utility)....have you tried it yet with a bar layed between the coils so that you do have somewhat of a U formed? Apart like that, the magnetic loop is still there, but alot that magnetic current is lost to free space. It's not condensed. If you add just a top bar between the coils in order to complete the transformer loop, I suspect you'll feel a greater magnetic strength gripping the metal to be held. And you'll probably find that the PMH is able to hold both magnetic and electrical currents in perpetual loop to greater intensity and longer duration. I think Lighty's raining on your parade can also be viewed as that you do have a PMH going there, but just a weak one due to the magnetic flux not tightly locked down in the loop. The closer you move to Leedskalnin's original specs...the more see interesting things. As I recall, his U bar seemed to taper down -- which would tend to lense the flux the way pyramid magnets do.

You'll also probably find that a solid U bar (or exhaust pipe U clamps) behave differently from any attachment of a flat bar between your coils due to the two "spark gaps"/ magnetic current gaps involved in any supplemental attachment. Also, if you were to construct the U bar out of transformer laminate shaped by a plasma cutter or tin snips...those laminates will alter the magnetic current.

You pulsed your coils briefly there. It would be interesting to see what you measure as far as ability to store voltage over time under different PMH constructs. These PMH's should become fun, little magnetic current battery packs for you. I suspect you quickly pulsed the coils so as not to fry them? However, Matthew Emery and Keely noted the suspicious high temperature superconductor possiblity to the PMH. Therefore, if that is true, you can probably pump the juice to the coils for a lot longer than you think! Might be interesting to tie an LED or volt and ammeter into the load while pumping in the juice! Compare that as you have now to different U shapes. See how far you can take it with depth of charge and duration of power output, and you might just have yourself there really powerful little batteries to play with!

The Leedskalnin PMH operates somewhat similar to the Floyd Sweet VTA in that the more interesting effects are in the magnetics more so than the electrics. Your non-U PMH there is fascinating in itself, but leans more in favor of electrics than magnetics, and so will tend to be less efficient; Less strong in grip; Less storing of energy. In fact, if you deviate away from the Leedskalnin PHM in favor of making a U bar from permanent magnets with coils composed of insulated steel wire or baling wire....I'll bet you see even more interesting things! More power is in the magnetic current loop, not magnetic fields alone. More power because you tighten up the flux. Think of all that useful voltage, not floating in freespace outside the transformer, but locked down inside the loop running through your coils. Intensify the magnetic field and you raise voltage. Widen wire diameter from there and you can raise the amps.

Comment

Lighty you are right about the hard iron holding a magnetic charge.

I made another video with a heavier plate for the test.
                        This time I wired it as Uusedmad did in his video.
                        Negative on one coil going to negative on the other coil.
                        Then both positives were pulsed to the battery.

In this video you will notice when pulsed with out the plate on it it would not work.
                        But when holding the plate to it while pulsing it will hold till I removed the plate then it would not restick to the coils untill it was repulsed.

I also have a very old oscilloscope I connected to one of the coil windings.
                        There's not much to see but there is a very small wave form in the coil.

Here is the video.

YouTube - Leedskalnin Coils #2

Comment

Can you replicate the experiment of what you just described. btw, i live about 45 minutes away from coral castle, i can just take pictures of whatever our experiments need.

Originally posted by SL3 View Post
                          Wow Slayer! Thanks for doing that. Glad you guys are enjoying this thread. I had a feeling people like you would see the value of Leedskalnin's "transformer".

Slayer (and this may answer uusedman's question on utility)....have you tried it yet with a bar layed between the coils so that you do have somewhat of a U formed? Apart like that, the magnetic loop is still there, but alot that magnetic current is lost to free space. It's not condensed. If you add just a top bar between the coils in order to complete the transformer loop, I suspect you'll feel a greater magnetic strength gripping the metal to be held. And you'll probably find that the PMH is able to hold both magnetic and electrical currents in perpetual loop to greater intensity and longer duration. I think Lighty's raining on your parade can also be viewed as that you do have a PMH going there, but just a weak one due to the magnetic flux not tightly locked down in the loop. The closer you move to Leedskalnin's original specs...the more see interesting things. As I recall, his U bar seemed to taper down -- which would tend to lense the flux the way pyramid magnets do.

You'll also probably find that a solid U bar (or exhaust pipe U clamps) behave differently from any attachment of a flat bar between your coils due to the two "spark gaps"/ magnetic current gaps involved in any supplemental attachment. Also, if you were to construct the U bar out of transformer laminate shaped by a plasma cutter or tin snips...those laminates will alter the magnetic current.

You pulsed your coils briefly there. It would be interesting to see what you measure as far as ability to store voltage over time under different PMH constructs. These PMH's should become fun, little magnetic current battery packs for you. I suspect you quickly pulsed the coils so as not to fry them? However, Matthew Emery and Keely noted the suspicious high temperature superconductor possiblity to the PMH. Therefore, if that is true, you can probably pump the juice to the coils for a lot longer than you think! Might be interesting to tie an LED or volt and ammeter into the load while pumping in the juice! Compare that as you have now to different U shapes. See how far you can take it with depth of charge and duration of power output, and you might just have yourself there really powerful little batteries to play with!

The Leedskalnin PMH operates somewhat similar to the Floyd Sweet VTA in that the more interesting effects are in the magnetics more so than the electrics. Your non-U PMH there is fascinating in itself, but leans more in favor of electrics than magnetics, and so will tend to be less efficient; Less strong in grip; Less storing of energy. In fact, if you deviate away from the Leedskalnin PHM in favor of making a U bar from permanent magnets with coils composed of insulated steel wire or baling wire....I'll bet you see even more interesting things! More power is in the magnetic current loop, not magnetic fields alone. More power because you tighten up the flux. Think of all that useful voltage, not floating in freespace outside the transformer, but locked down inside the loop running through your coils. Intensify the magnetic field and you raise voltage. Widen wire diameter from there and you can raise the amps.

Comment

Wow again!

Thanks Slayer! Did you find the voltage and grip lasted longer than without the metal bar connecting the coils?

Uusedman -- As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to fiddle with something along these lines, but different from the Leedskalnin setup. It'll be awhile before I can get to it, however. This whole PMH issue overlaps with some other things I'm working on but cannot talk about yet. Best I can say is that you will not be disappointed to explore these things in any way. Messing around more with any variety of Ed's PMH will surely boost your other experimental devices in interesting fashion! It is almost like the man landed here from another galaxy and time or something!

We know that, if you were to move that U rod through the coils, voltage would be generated. Right now, we're moving electrical to generate magnetism. So, move the magnetism to generate voltage!

Interesting and more related to the Stan Deyo thread is what Slayer observed about the voltage wave on his oscilloscope. Isn't that curious? Slayer was bleeding off some current from the closed loop transformer, and yet still the holder gripped the bar? The waveform did not die out during the period we observed it! It is almost as if the transformer core undergoes perpetual or near-perpetual magnetic current loop. If we look at it from a Hysteresis Effect perspective and among Leedskalnin transformation of atoms and electrons to propeller-like rotation....it seems almost like Ed made the dipole moments of the transformer core into millions of little Bedini motors.

I think this perpetual spinning of dipoles under a closed loop is part of the levitation mystery and lesson he left to us. Right now, it is difficult to set up a test of that theory in the levitation of objects, but I think, if we took it to the Tesla coil/ frog/ diamagnetic levitation perspective (YouTube - levitating frog), probably Tesla coils could be substituted. The floating frog and air core of one coil could become an air gap in the transformer loop. Then, all you'd need to do is greatly pulse that closed loop transformer, and perhaps the frog would levitate for a long, long, long time without needing your Tesla coils fired by wall outlets.

As Emery noted regarding superconductor effect, I think it is possible to carry out some perpetual levitation experiments with this PMH -- very much like early superconducting magnet levitation demonstrations under liquid nitrogen; Except here you should not need liquid nitro; Just coils and an air gap in the transformer loop wide enough to put your objects. Also, if in that air gap we put a north/ south magnet on a shaft, it should near perpetually rotate and further prove that dipole/propeller issue of Hysteresis mentioned. Might be another form of fun Bedini / Newman / EV Gray motor for you all to play with except with a greater emphasis upon magnetics than electric. This issue of the U bar you can also see in the Leedskalnin wheel. Those rods on the wheel are horseshoe magnets formed from magnetized iron. His pickups were the bar we are trying to perpetually grip. I believe he flowed magnetic current through the perpetually held bar/ pickups, but you could also take coil taps off of that to produce electricity, too. A guy like Ed was sharp enough to probably flow that pulsed current right back into pushing his wheel after getting it going with a hand crank (Very Bedini motor style), but closer to Tesla's Unipolar, I think.

Secret to his levitation and power production for the site I believe we will always find in his "AC generator" there. So many lessons to learn from Ed. I am still only a Kindergartener looking upon a fraction of his work, but this dude and Tesla were clearly brothers of the same tree.

Gotta run!
                            Last edited by SL3; 03-18-2009, 05:16 PM.

Comment

@slayer007

You second video is exactly what PMH is all about. Also, the waveform you're seeing- check out it's frequency, you're most likely picking up 50Hz from mains (or 60Hz if you're in the US).

I will look for pictures and video of my experiment from about 2 years ago with a large PMH. I also have a high quality video with gaussmeter readings in real time but the commentary is in Croatian and I really don't know how to put subtitles in English.
                              http://www.nequaquamvacuum.com/en/en...n/alt-sci.html
                              http://www.neqvac.com

Comment

Lighty, youtube now allows to upload high quality videos and add owner comments directly on the video after it is been uploaded.
                                It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X