No announcement yet.

Big Joule Theif

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i do collect it at the Bedini, and coil seems has more power, i lead i back to my plus side.
    I hooked today a scope too to 2 Coils from a JT,
    and both Coils had positive Curves also, only the one had it some earlier.
    Seems, you need a different timing for the other Spike.
    Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
      Anyone ever try to pick up the negative BEMF from something like this or a bedini?

I noticed it's allso sending out positive BEMF and negative BEMF.

I have one of my diodes turned around backwards on the 2222 transistor.
      I can connect that to the negative of my meter then for the positive I go back to the negative of the source.

It seems we can collect the back emf both way.
      When the magnets turning on and when its turning off.
      I tried it, both works. But since NPN transistor usually more efficient than PNP we get better result with positive BEMF. I tried Tos 2N3055 and MJ2955 (sold in pair) and the 2N3055 have brighter LED.

My previous experiment show that spike only happen at coil field collapse at either BEMF. Try it with a 1.5V battery, a coil and a LED. Parallel the coil and led, disconnect both at either positive or negative side of the battery.

Comment

• Back EMF clarification

@Everyone

Hi Guys, I just want to clarify the back emf issue....

I know we like to say we are capturing the BEMF however I have been watching the latest video from the "Energy from the Vacuum" series, the new video is called "Teslas Impulse Technology" with comentary and interview by John Bedini.
        Its a great watch i highly recommend it.

John says its not the BEMF we want to capture. The BEMF is the counter Electro Motive force and is always lower than the pulse voltage (Lenzs Law). Hence, cant get more out of the BEMF than wat we put in.

Bedini says its the radiant spike that we want to capture not the BEMF. (I think the term BEMF is used in patents to get them through the patent office).

the coil is energized and As the coil collapses the high voltage spike is sucked fom the vacuum and we can capture it with a diode, like we are all doing.

He also explained that by putting a bridge rectifier across any pulsed coil will extract this spike (we have been using 1 diode off the emitter). This is the essence of Teslas impulse technology. It appears that on Bedinis larger motors this method is used, instead of the single diode trick from the monopole SSG circuit he released on the internet.

If u look on my last video in previous page u can see scope shot of the radiant spike.

Anyway wat do u guys think? Are we calling it the wrong thing? Has anyone seen the "Energy from the vacuum series?

Also I watched Stanley Meyer lecture:
        YouTube - Stanley Meyer Lecture Part 2

There is a striking similarity between wat Meyer was doing with his electronics and Tesla Impulse Tech. Meyer pulses dc through a coil (choke) which multiplies the voltage and frequency creating resonance in the water cell electrodes. That is how he is able to fracture water with little amp draw.
        I see this as very similar to the way the Joule Thief, Radiant Oscillator and Bedini motor works.

wat are your thoughts??

-shlodo
        "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it." - Albert Einstein

http://www.youtube.com/user/dodoshlodo

Comment

• Here's a better drawing of the circuit.
          Xee2 at OU redrew it for me.

I penciled in a couple spots were you could pick up the - bemf
          Comming off the emitter I get 6v off the base I get 9v.
          This is off a 1.5V AA battery.

Both going back to negative source for the positive.
          Attached Files

Comment

• @Slayer: how big of a flourescent tube were you able to light and have you found a way to get it to full brightness without increasing the supply voltage or the amperage draw?

Matt

Comment

• use a rectifier to recharge batteries

@Slayer

I cant believe it! I just recovered a completely dead 12V 7.2Ah battery with the joule thief! and it holds a load

Try a rectifier on the base and collector and charge cap/battery, seems to work really well

will post a video very soon...

-shlodo
              "If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it." - Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by redeagle View Post
                @Slayer: how big of a flourescent tube were you able to light and have you found a way to get it to full brightness without increasing the supply voltage or the amperage draw?

Matt

The bigest CFL i tried so far is 13w.
                It gets bright but its not at full brightness.

Still working on trying to get the amp draw down more.

@ shlodo

I tried rectifiers and they do work very well.
                I ran it from the collector and emitter tho.

I'll have to try it from collector to base.
                I seen the base of the 2n2222 had a lot of voltage sitting there to.

Comment

• Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                  The bigest CFL i tried so far is 13w.
                  It gets bright but its not at full brightness.

@ shlodo

I tried rectifiers and they do work very well.
                  I ran it from the collector and emitter tho.

I'll have to try it from collector to base.
                  I seen the base of the 2n2222 had a lot of voltage sitting there to.
                  Sorry slayer I meant to say collect and emitter, not the base. base wont work.

-shlodo

Comment

• @Slayer007:
                    What do you think of trying germanium transistors like gadgetmall has been doing?
                    If i am not mistaken their lower base-emitter voltage of 0.3V might help
                    reduce the amp draw too. It might however maybe also reduce what comes out of the secondary too much, just a thought, could be wrong.

EDIT: On the other hand the 2N222 and 2N3055 combo seems rock solid, not sure if germaniums would reach their efficiency.
                    Last edited by Xenomorph; 02-18-2009, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Circuit modifications

Originally posted by slayer007 View Post
                      Here's a better drawing of the circuit.
                      Xee2 at OU redrew it for me.

I penciled in a couple spots were you could pick up the - bemf
                      Comming off the emitter I get 6v off the base I get 9v.
                      This is off a 1.5V AA battery.

Both going back to negative source for the positive.
                      @ Slayer---Thanks for the circuit update. I noticed that you added a 10uf cap. I will try that. On my setup I am coming off the collector of the 2n2222 to LEDs, then to a charge battery, and back to the emitter of the 2222. This way the flourescent bulb stays on and I can still charge. If I come off the 2n3055 collector for the BEMF it pumps really good but it kllls the flourescent unless I turn the power way up. I've had my the system running now for 38 hours straight at a 50ma draw swapping 2 pairs of 1.2V NiMH back and forth every 12 hours. This method is what I did on my other JT experiment. Just turn it on and let it go. Forget about the meters---Just see how long will it run. This should run for several days which is pretty impressive for a 13 watt flourescent tube circuit running on 4 AAs. It is the back end charging that makes the difference. I am not convinced that it is simple BEMF charging that is doing it though. It seems that the batteries want to come back and when you hit them with this low amperage high spike of "energy" it is like the jolt encourages them. This is what Shlodo is talking about and what John Bedini says. BEMF may be the wrong term for what is happening here.
                      @ Bodkins----I tried the earth ground experiment yesterday that you suggested and it didn't work for me ----but that doesn't mean that it can't work for someone else. I did stick my Peltier module under the toroid coil and got that weird induction charging to happen. It increased with the earth ground connected. So there is something there.

Cheers,

Lidmotor

Comment

• Originally posted by shlodo View Post
                        @Everyone

Hi Guys, I just want to clarify the back emf issue....

John says its not the BEMF we want to capture. The BEMF is the counter Electro Motive force and is always lower than the pulse voltage (Lenzs Law). Hence, cant get more out of the BEMF than wat we put in.

Bedini says its the radiant spike that we want to capture not the BEMF. (I think the term BEMF is used in patents to get them through the patent office).

the coil is energized and As the coil collapses the high voltage spike is sucked fom the vacuum and we can capture it with a diode, like we are all doing.

He also explained that by putting a bridge rectifier across any pulsed coil will extract this spike (we have been using 1 diode off the emitter). This is the essence of Teslas impulse technology. It appears that on Bedinis larger motors this method is used, instead of the single diode trick from the monopole SSG circuit he released on the internet.
                        Thank god for that its been driving me crazy all this bemf talk!

cheers lidmotor try it with a diode may see a difference

Comment

• germanium transistors

Originally posted by Xenomorph View Post
                          @Slayer007:

What do you think of trying germanium transistors like gadgetmall has been doing?
                          If i am not mistaken their lower base-emitter voltage of 0.3V might help
                          reduce the amp draw too. It might however maybe also reduce what comes out of the secondary too much, just a thought, could be wrong.

EDIT: On the other hand the 2N222 and 2N3055 combo seems rock solid, not sure if germaniums would reach their efficiency.
                          I have some send me your address will send them

Comment

• shlodo was talking about using rectifiers instead of diodes.
                            And I agree with him I think rectifiers do work a lot better.

Going acroos the emitter and collector of the 3055.
                            With a diode I get 6v with a rectifier I get 15v.

Here's a video I seen on you tube.

YouTube - How back emf has a dual polarity.

I was thinking maybe recifiers are picking up the BEMF both ways.

@ lidmotor I liked the way you had the leds lighting off the 2222 nice work.
                            I just thought it was strang picking up the - BEMF off the 2222.
                            just some thing else to look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bodkins View Post
                              Thank god for that its been driving me crazy all this bemf talk!
                              Why? Talking about Radiant does makes me crazy.
                              I can see BEMF at my Scope, but no RADIANT!

Anyhow its for me a Family. You get EM field, and this can make Current.
                              Its like say generating something, need a Field, and current what comes out.

And anyway, getting the EM back or Radiant, means for me, you get a stronger Magnetfield push back,
                              doesnt mean, that this carry Current without Inductor.
                              Looks pretty like no Current with no Inductor from the EM Field alone. Anyway, we need someone to declare that. :P

And for charging Batteries, i would prefer the Bedini style, that you connect the Charge with '-' to '+'Run,
                              that the Minus of the charge get a chance to decharge too.
                              I played a bit around with it, but still not sure, wich one works better, but for now i stay with the Bedini Style.

And i could slap my Head, sure would a Recifier be better for collecting the "....." (Insert right word here)
                              or change 4 Diodes to a rectifier.
                              I hope you guys dont forget to collect it with more then one Diode.
                              Unfortunatly it looks like for Leds is there no different, but for charge, i saw a big Jump with 2 or more Diodes at charging Speed.

Edit Right now i wonder about a new Set of Accus, seems they dont get a lot Load from the Spikes,
                              maybe a Reason, why you should charge them first time with a Standard charger, to put Electrons in?
                              Last edited by Joit; 02-18-2009, 11:22 PM.
                              Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

• One for Bodkins

I played around with the bridge rectifer on the back end of the JT and got results like Slayer. The BEMF voltage goes way up. I have my system running on a non-stop test run (50 hrs now) so I did not want to disturb it to much and only tried the bridge on the transistor that was free then took it off.
                                The real news was what I did with a Peltier module and an earth ground connection. I put the Peltier under the big toroid coil, used a diode, a bridge rectifier, an earth ground, and using a cap-- showed it charging in this video. This ones for you Richard. Long live the EARTH GROUND.

YouTube - Peltier charging on a CFL Joule Thief

Lidmotor

Comment

Working...
                                X