Tesla's flying machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's flying machine

An actual letter written by tesla to westinghouse..

Tesla's Amazing Flying Machine - the "Flying Stove" part two
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Ps

While this site faithfully quotes Tesla's comments, I believe it is way off on the HOW.

Has anyone read william lynne's books, perchance?
    Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

As an expert in the field of Inertial Propulsion, I've previously considered Tesla's Motor. Without the benefit of any text, I decided the system would work, if it is spun around its axis while also revolving about an external point. What I didn't realize is that this point only has to be offset by a quarter of an inch. This is something I'm going to think about.

Thanks for posting the link.

Comment

I've found out through experimenting that lift can be produced by a weight which is revolving in a horizontal plane, if the plane of rotation is tipped downwards slightly. This tip causes the top of the central shaft to angle slightly, towards the weight's starting position. As the weight comes around on the side, lift results for 90 degrees when the top of the shaft is pulled back into a vertical orrientation. This pull is away from the weight's starting position. This pull tips the weight's plane of rotation downwards, producing an upwards reaction force. This is a type of gyroscopic effect which doesn't occur with a full gyroscope, since mass on the opposite side would produce an opposite reaction.

This is the principle behind the operation of Tesla's Motor. The motor rotates in a direction such that a weight pointing away from the observer moves from a horizontal position upwards, as it comes around on, say, the left side, due to the rotation of the base plate. At the same time, the center of the base plate also revolves around an additional point, on the right side, in this example. This pulls against the weight, as it is curving upwards, with the base plate revolving in the same direction it is rotating.

This larger rotation adds velocity to weights which move around on the outside, while reducing the velocity of the weights as they move around, backwards, on the inside. Even though the base plate turns at a constant speed.

Pulling the horizontal shaft the weight is fastened to away from the weght's upwards movement lengthens the radius of the weight's curve, resulting in a greater upwards centrifugal force, since the curve still occurs in the same amount of time. The opposite shaft is pushed towards the weight which is moving downwards on the inside of the larger rotation. That weight's radius is reduced, resulting in lesser downwards centrifugal force.

The article says Tesla was considering a mechanism which turned at 30,000 RPM. This would result in a very compact Lifter. But it seems that several of these devices could be mounted around the edge of a 6' spinning disc, producing lift at a much lower, 'normal' speed.

Comment

Electrotech, -interesting reflections. I came across cheap Dremel knock-offs for sale in a local store the other day for $9.99 CDN. Their max revolutions are 30,000RPM. I began to wonder if these things might weigh less when they're spinning full-out. I may try it with my digital fish-weighing scale. )
          Do you think it could be this simple?
          Bob

Comment

I've wondered what would happen if a mass on the ground were spinning fast enough to equal orbital velocity. I've seen rumors that a Black Triangle secret military craft has a large mercury torus which spins at 275,000 RPM.

Laithwaite showed that there is some small weight loss with a spinning gyroscope.

I think that what would happen is a precession effect, causing the rapidly spinning mass to move to the north. It would be like a precessing gyro on a pedestal, raising up a little when its speed is increased.

But, who knows? I'd say try your set up and see what happens. Then figure out why. If you do observe some effect, you may be able to incorporate it into a larger, more complex system.

Comment

Mercury Vortex

Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
              I've seen rumors that a Black Triangle secret military craft has a large mercury torus which spins at 275,000 RPM.
              Ancient Vermana of India were supposed to have used mercury vortexing for lift/propulsion.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Yes, I've heard of this. The text reads, basically, "When mercury is placed in an iron vessel over a strong fire, (a certain temple) will become a light in the sky, with a vessel on each corner".

I'm attaching two files. (I hope I did it right.) The first shows what is billed as "the modern day workhorse of Inertial Propulsion". This is a mercury engine. The second file shows a DIY version, using a garden hose wrapped around a tire a few times. It seems that when a liquid moves at an angle, it produces torque, but when it moves around the circumference, it produces centrifugal force.

The mercury engine uses longitudinal currents through the mercury moving through the top part.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Electrotek; 12-23-2008, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Can't tell if the attachments worked, so I've also uploaded the pix to my freewebs.com site.

http://www.freewebs.com/attatchments/pics/InertD9.gif

http://www.freewebs.com/attatchments/pics/InertD8.gif

Comment

Still not convinced

just that having read william lynne's books (downloaded PDF off kazza or emule peer to peer download program), he appears to have offered a much more elegant (and simple) modus operandi.

Comment

Ps

Lynne's theory? Also very much in line with T. T. Brown's work with hv dielectrics making motion, which was quickly 'classified' (buried) by yankee govt...

Comment

Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
                        Yes, I've heard of this. The text reads, basically, "When mercury is placed in an iron vessel over a strong fire, (a certain temple) will become a light in the sky, with a vessel on each corner".

I'm attaching two files. (I hope I did it right.) The first shows what is billed as "the modern day workhorse of Inertial Propulsion". This is a mercury engine. The second file shows a DIY version, using a garden hose wrapped around a tire a few times. It seems that when a liquid moves at an angle, it produces torque, but when it moves around the circumference, it produces centrifugal force.

The mercury engine uses longitudinal currents through the mercury moving through the top part.
                        LOL, Hmmmm sounds like you are quoting text from scrolls on vimana. FYI, vimana were flying craft in ancient India, all that is known remains recorded on scrolls, but they do indeed refer to Mercury as the source of their ability to fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                          Ancient Vermana of India were supposed to have used mercury vortexing for lift/propulsion.
                          Oops sorry Aaron, didn't see you post the same thing, as long as we are dealing with ancient history, I first came across this information in a channeled book from the 1800's called Phylos the Thebitan, dweller on 2 planets. IT mentioned atlantean flying ships of much the same design, and further study lead me to Childress's work on vimana.

Comment

35 minutes into the Jim Murray video "Discussion of advanced energy technologies researched since 1960s" he talks about what's discussed here, system spinining around its axis, with an offset.

I think this could be the remaining piece of the puzzle, since all other details have been outlined above by other posters to produce a working model...
                            Are the ravings of a lunatic signs of a genius?

Comment

Vimana

oops.. VIMANA is the correct spelling.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Working...
                              X