Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gray Tube | Pendulum Setup

YouTube - Gray Tube | Pendulum Setup

This is as complicated as I think this whole circuit needs to be to prove the concept.

I couldn't get the main HV cap high enough so I will continue this test when I have time to build a cap charger for it that will. The diodes on the rectifier off the secondary of the microwave transformer were only 1500v diodes so they wouldn't work anyway. I need a 5kv bridge for that.

Anyway, I have an ignition coil circuit that will charge the big cap just fine.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Originally posted by lighty View Post
      Actually this seems like a pretty good idea I never before considered.

Three more questions though.

When you're talking about connecting coils in series do you mean by connecting their geometrically respective parts (center of first one to center of second one and then outer edge of second one to the outer edge of the third one) or by connecting them in series in absolute way (center of first one to the outer edge of next one and then center of second one to outer edge of third one)?

Also, by merging two stack do you mean merging them by placing one stack on top of other or merging them in the sense of putting first layer of first stack then on top of it third layer of the second stack, then second layer of first stack to second layer of second stack and then finally third layer of the first stack to the first layer of the second stack?

And finally have you considered mutual capacitance and inductance introduced by placing two stacks on top of each other? I mean placing one flat coil on top of other will inevitable introduce significant capacitive coupling if not inductive one.

Again, thanks for introducing interesting concept.
      By series connecting I mean the center of one coil goes to the outside of the next. The parallel connections between geometrically respective points should also be useful for some applications. There are various ways of connecting bifilar coils, depending on the situation.

Placing one stack on top of the other would be placing them in opposition. Merging is described by the second part of your question.

Being able to vary the mutual capacitance and inductance was the reason Tesla invented the series-tied bifilar pancake coil. (Pat. #512340) When he said coils could be designed for specific applications, I'm sure he was including the concept of stacked coils. To increase the capacitance, in order to resonate a desired frequency, thicker dielectric layers can be placed between the pancakes.

Comment

• @Aaron:

I've read that the MOT diodes are either 12kV or 15kV, depending on the unit. I'm using them with my 7.5 NST without any problems. For my upcoming test, I'll put two MOT's in series, for 4kV, since one of my caps is only rated for 5.5kV. I don't know what a cap will hold when charged with Radiant, but I don't want to lose one trying to find out!

Comment

• proof of concept

Originally posted by mlurye View Post
          Aaron you are correct but you need tube for high voltage motor with a lot of HP. And your explanation of the Gray's tube is very good, it is switching device (HV "transistor"). And pendulum in not a proof. Gray's motor is closer to the Adams motor with a little twist to it.
          A pendulum will show conclusively you can get usable work from the grid to charge an inductive load for work. I already know it can since I have repelled a magnet a few inches from a coil on a couple tests. So this is proof of concept for the tube in my opinion.

I have already proved on my own tests that the LV side gets charged up from each pulse so it does as Gray said, part of it goes to charge the battery (if that is what you have on the LV side) - I used caps and the caps do charge for sure and the other part is split to power the inductive load. The pendulum is just to get a repeated event over and over consistantly.

Anyway, the is the concept and I believe that is the bare basic essence of what the Gray Tube is about. Basically, I have already proven every single one of these points in my own tests. But I had to fiddle with it each time to make sure the gap was small enough, etc... with the pendulum, I just want it to run. On that bicycle wheel, it will probably spin all the way around since the weight is almost symmetrical except for the magnets. But that is just fine, just so that it works.

The next step for me after that is to simply add magnets symmetrically around the bicycle wheel for faster triggering. This is to simply give me a chance to develop the capacitor charging circuit that can keep up with higher speeds.

Once that is done, then I'll look at repelling two coils against each other from the grids - coils with larger gauge magnet wire closer to like what Jetijs is using for his rotary attraction motor.

With the cap charging circuit, it will be battery powered. Whatever I have on the LV side, I can easily feed those caps directly to the battery that is charging the caps with the ignition coil charging circuit. That is a whole other thing I'm not too interested in right now - efficiency. If it runs longer that way before the battery gets down to a certain voltage than great...I just want it to run.
          Sincerely,
          Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
          Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
          RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Originally posted by Electrotek View Post
            Being able to vary the mutual capacitance and inductance was the reason Tesla invented the series-tied bifilar pancake coil. (Pat. #512340) When he said coils could be designed for specific applications, I'm sure he was including the concept of stacked coils. To increase the capacitance, in order to resonate a desired frequency, thicker dielectric layers can be placed between the pancakes.

Thx for clarification.

A little correction though- thicker dielectric layer of the same permitivity would decrease capacitance.
            http://www.nequaquamvacuum.com/en/en...n/alt-sci.html
            http://www.neqvac.com

Comment

• Thicker Dielectrics?

@lighty

You're right, of course. I should have said "different dielectrics". I was still thinking about the lacquer painted wax paper, which would be thicker.

Comment

• @jetijs

Thats really interesting about the carbon in the commutator i wasnt aware of that..thanks for bringing that up. hmmm

Comment

• @Aaron: Please read your Private Messages and advice me if you can.
                  Mike

Comment

• I started working on my new setup today. I'll be using two 1uF MOC's (MW Oven Caps) in series. I'm also charging them with the series output of two MOT's, so I'll have 2uF at 2kV.

I also built a trigger switch for the relatively low HV. It's two spark plugs, minus the prongs, stuck onto a hard drive magnet, one on each end. I had to put a couple layers of shipping tape on the magnet, to stop the ignition coil's spark from shorting through the magnet. With the MOT connected to the body of each plug, the ignition coil spark triggers the MOT circuit.

I tested this with my high powered bi-phasic puff spark and got a tube shaped discharge around the central higher voltage arc. The tube spark was blueish white and made a loud sound similar to compressed air coming out of a nozzle. I'm curious to see what it does with a lower energy level.

Comment

• I forgot to add that today's my birthday. I was born on the fifth day of the fifties.

In the science of Numerology, the number 5 represents the entertainer. So I hope I'm entertaining someone.

The number 5 also indicates money. I don't know what happened there.

Comment

I forgot to add that today's my birthday. I was born on the fifth day of the fifties.

In the science of Numerology, the number 5 represents the entertainer. So I hope I'm entertaining someone.

The number 5 also indicates money. I don't know what happened there.
                        Well then happy birthday my friend!

Have a kickass party!
                        It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

• Happy birthday!

@ Electrotek

Not a bad innings thus far! Best wishes on a

Atoms move for free. It's all about resonance and phase. Make the circuit open and build a generator.

Comment

• Thanks guys! I appreciate the warm feelings.

Here's hoping we can do something in the coming year to make the world a better place for decent people everywhere.

Comment

• Happy birthday Electrotek. Here's hoping the world wants to be a better place .
                              I saw your winding jig for flat coils. Very nice. I'm assuming that just the center section rotates with the wire?

While I'm waiting for my HV transformer & video's & books to arrive, I would like some advice on winding a bifilar coil. The purpose of this coil will be to levitate a strong small neodymium magnet. I am assuming (?hoping) my system will produce radiant energy .

What center material would be ideal? ..or workable. Air, soft iron, steel, laminate.., something else? I have some 8mm ferrite rod.

Roughly what physical size might I be shooting for?

Rough idea of inductance in mH?

What might be an ideal wire size for this. I have some 20 AWG magnet wire. I can get other wire sizes.

I should have plenty of power available for this system. Will the coil be the limiting factor for repulsion thrust of the magnet?

Thanks,
                              Carl

Comment

This is a good idea, and I'm sure it'll work. Gray's patent says the size and spacing of the grids can be designed to work with other voltages.

Hi Electrotek,

Thx for the reply,I'm just trying to present new ideas.Here's to hoping your having a wonderful and Happy Birthday .

@Aaron

I was a little disappointed with the ending of that last video.Get that baby fired up already .

-Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X