Friction Steam Boiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick

Hi! Glad to see this thread get moved up, for reasons stated by a previous post.
    This thread wouldn't be so long, if it weren't full of post from people who HADN'T read the full thread, and so were bringing up issues/topics ALREADY previously addressed.
    its kind of like "No one goes to THAT restaurant anymore; its 'too' crowded!
    The thread is so long, so no one wants to read thru the whole thing. And, because they DON'T read thru the whole thing, they keep re-hashing things already hashed out! like using brake pads, instead of wood.
    Or, whether or not it is a 'perpetual motion', or 'perpetual motion plus' machine.
    For the record, (if you bother to read the entire thread) the 'inventor' NEVER claims it is a perpetual motion, or perpetual motion plus, i.e., more energy out than in. Perhaps it is just a VERY efficient way to convert electricity to steam? The concept of misting water on to a waffle iron type surface, as opposed to the old heat up a boiler full of water, is in and of itself, an ingenoius concept, totally apart from the use of friction to create heat!
    If you want to know the input output figures, read the whole thread, and then build either a small scale model, or a full sized model, get it running, and take detailed measurements and post the results!

Overall, this is a great example of 'out of the box' thinking; friction is usually a problem in engineering, and here he quite simply takes advantage of it! Again, ingenious!
    As far as the motor 'burning out', or doing to it what we normally avoid doing to an electric motor; look at a potters electric 'wheel'; or an electic treadmill; doesn't seem to be excessively 'wearing' on their motors; the key is gearing, I suspect. Anyway, glad to see this on the 'front page', if only for awhile, and I DO hope lots of people will get a chance to read it! Jim

Comment

Working...
    X