No announcement yet.

Electric Motor Secrets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The attached DC motor tutorial is a little more complete than those found in many text books. Extract follows...

The I2R term represents heat dissipated in the armature, but the very important term EoI is the electrical power that is converted into mechanical power. The mechanical power of the motor is therefore exactly equal to the product of the cemf multiplied by the armature current

P = EoI (5.5)

where

P = mechanical power developed by the motor [W]
    Eo = induced voltage in the armature (cemf) [V]
    / = total current supplied to the armature [A]

So if you reduce CEMF, then your mechanical power output, at full speed will decrease.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Jim Murray's Torroid motor

Hi friends,
      I'm currently working on this torroid motor. Three years ago, I made a very crude torroid motor just to see if the idea made any sense and it worked.
      The electronic controller I made was not efficient and could not operate at high speeds.
      The controller for this new motor will use shift registers and position sensors, and a pulse generator. No details yet as it's all in my head for now.
      I have most of the parts done on the motor and my friend will machine the rest as soon as he has time.

Be back for more.
      Robert
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
        Hi Mbrown.

I decided to ignore the collapsing spikes and am no longer collecting the generator function.
        I ran the motor at 140volts and it went to 3362 rpm with only 0.18 amp
        or 25.2 watts. It does have a lot of torque.(not measured, just felt)
        Look at the position of the driving pulse.
        Here are some scope shots.

Robert
        If you check out these people here:
        https://www.physics.wisc.edu/instruc...fourier-java5/

it looks as if your curve is approximately a fundamental sine wave with the addition of the third harmonic.

Whether this gets you anywhere is, of course, quite a different matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrtner View Post
          If you check out these people here:
          https://www.physics.wisc.edu/instruc...fourier-java5/

it looks as if your curve is approximately a fundamental sine wave with the addition of the third harmonic.

Whether this gets you anywhere is, of course, quite a different matter.
          I think your right. however I dont think that was the case with Bedini's generator.

Maybe looking for a harmonic may be a way of using resonance when you cant reach the resonant frequency of a coil.

Comment

• Best silicon steel

Hi All,
            In the past I tried out the concept starting with a series wound winch motor.

Now I want to order some laser cut laminations and I need advice regarding best type of silicon steel for the "X" rotor version of the motor.

There is a local laser service co. but would probably have to order the steel.
            Also thickness is another question.

I suspect that this thread will pick up business again with PL's latest demo of
            Benitez tech.

Thanks for your help,
            bro d

Comment

Working...
            X