Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert49 View Post
    Hi mbrownn

I chopped the stator in 3 pieces and now I have drag on the rotor.
    This is just a temporary set back. I will make another stator soon.

By the way, I just bought the new video "Advanced motor secrets" by Dave Squires and he talks about keeping the coil core saturated to minimize CEMF and in a way that's probably what I'm doing with my Neodimiun magnets on the rotor. So when I chopped the stator , that condtion was changed.

I will try to make the new stator this week-end.

Till next time.

Robert
    Good man, that video is crucial to understanding the geometry of the Lockridge as well as the trifilar coil.

Your motor whilst very interesting will start to suffer problems when we start to pulse it like we need to so we may need to make a few changes there as you will demagnetize your magnets. I'm not saying don't continue experimenting the way you are but I would like you to try something else.

Are you up for it?

You will need a four pole universal motor or generator similar to what Lockridge used or even a car starter motor if you don't mind rewinding the coils. Some golf cart motors may be suitable. We will probably have to rewind the armature at the end of the day but we will get as far as we can without doing it first.

Comment

• Originally posted by mbrownn View Post

Your motor whilst very interesting will start to suffer problems when we start to pulse it like we need to so we may need to make a few changes there as you will demagnetize your magnets. I'm not saying don't continue experimenting the way you are but I would like you to try something else.

Are you up for it?

You will need a four pole universal motor or generator similar to what Lockridge used or even a car starter motor if you don't mind rewinding the coils. Some golf cart motors may be suitable. We will probably have to rewind the armature at the end of the day but we will get as far as we can without doing it first.
      Hi.
      I will get back to you when I get my hands on such a motor or generator.
      Mean while,could you tell me a bit about it ?

I'm almost finished rebuilding my last motor-generator.
      The stator will be wired differently. I will post pictures.

Robert
      Last edited by Robert49; 10-22-2012, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Mean while,could you tell me a bit about it ?
        Robert
        I have reached the point where I "think" I understand most of the functions of the lockridge device and how it was done, what we have to do now is prove it.

I am leading a number of experimenters through the process of testing and modifying their motors and it is confirming much of what I have predicted. I am trying to get hold of a suitable motor myself but funds are limited so it may be some time before I get there.

The first step is to prove how a motor works as a transformer, then we will wire it differently and get it to run. This is the stage we are at. This should show a change in the results of the transformer action, the output will be increased. There is lots to learn at this stage as we begin tuning it and adjusting the brushes. I cannot tell you how important this stage is

Next is the rewind and new brush setup, probably the hardest part, then we do the recovery circuit. At this point we will have an efficient motor/generator, how efficient I don't know. The last stage is the power circuit with the trifilar coil. At the final stage we have a Lockridge type device and if we have chosen a good enough donor motor and have got the winding and tuning right we may have an overunity motor.

No guarantees, as this is an experiment. The key thing here is the testing as it should confirm what we should already know and show that we can operate many functions in one device. No breaking the laws of physics although your understanding of them may change.

Basically this is taking Peter's electric motor secrets as far as I can.

Why is it important for many people to do this? Because if I was the only one people would be shouting fake etc and I want to get this info out and prove it.

No I don't have a working device yet but I am working on it. Of course I could be wrong and it will be back to trying to figure it out.

Comment

I have reached the point where I "think" I understand most of the functions of the lockridge device and how it was done, what we have to do now is prove it.

I am leading a number of experimenters through the process of testing and modifying their motors and it is confirming much of what I have predicted. I am trying to get hold of a suitable motor myself but funds are limited so it may be some time before I get there.

The first step is to prove how a motor works as a transformer, then we will wire it differently and get it to run. This is the stage we are at. This should show a change in the results of the transformer action, the output will be increased. There is lots to learn at this stage as we begin tuning it and adjusting the brushes. I cannot tell you how important this stage is

Next is the rewind and new brush setup, probably the hardest part, then we do the recovery circuit. At this point we will have an efficient motor/generator, how efficient I don't know. The last stage is the power circuit with the trifilar coil. At the final stage we have a Lockridge type device and if we have chosen a good enough donor motor and have got the winding and tuning right we may have an overunity motor.

No guarantees, as this is an experiment. The key thing here is the testing as it should confirm what we should already know and show that we can operate many functions in one device. No breaking the laws of physics although your understanding of them may change.

Basically this is taking Peter's electric motor secrets as far as I can.

Why is it important for many people to do this? Because if I was the only one people would be shouting fake etc and I want to get this info out and prove it.

No I don't have a working device yet but I am working on it. Of course I could be wrong and it will be back to trying to figure it out.
          Hi.
          I'll see what I can do.
          I do have an advantage over most of the guys: I have befriended a fully equipped machine shop owner. I repair the electronics of his machines
          and save him a lot of money. He charges me nothing for machining the parts I need. Nice heh.

I know this is not relevant to the thread but last year I made an oscillating circuit that produced high voltage from 2 coils 1000 turns of 19 awg wire connected in a push-pull manner and connected the output on a baseboard heater 1250 watts. I used 600 watts input and the baseboard got to the same temperature as one that was connected on 220volt a.c. But the magic aside the gain was that the baseboard was connected with wire thinner than one of my hair ( checked under microscope).
          My ampmeter showed 1.25 amp passing through the wire and it stayed cool.
          All this magic started in the megahertz range.

What's your input on this?

Robert
          Last edited by Robert49; 10-22-2012, 11:25 PM. Reason: Not complete

Comment

• For the power it is volts times amps so you are showing half the input watts. you sat that you get the same heat output which tells me that you are using inductive kickback or resonance to generate the extra heat.

In my earlier research into the lockridge I was able to get a gain in the motor voltage through a resonant circuit, the current remained the same. The net result is more power going through the coils. This did not give any increase in torque that I could detect but I did get increased heat output. It could be that your coils were doing the same.

Using high voltage we are able to reduce the wire size, this is something done by the power companies all the time, standard practice.

Comment

For the power it is volts times amps so you are showing half the input watts. you sat that you get the same heat output which tells me that you are using inductive kickback or resonance to generate the extra heat.

In my earlier research into the lockridge I was able to get a gain in the motor voltage through a resonant circuit, the current remained the same. The net result is more power going through the coils. This did not give any increase in torque that I could detect but I did get increased heat output. It could be that your coils were doing the same.

Using high voltage we are able to reduce the wire size, this is something done by the power companies all the time, standard practice.
              Hi mbrownn

I was only using only the kickback of the coils but when I raised the frequency , the output went up only when I reached a certain value and went up very fast so it was either resonance or my 555 went crazy and produced harmonics or something. I did'nt have an oscilloscope at the time.
              On top of the heat from the baseboard, I was getting heat from the coils and from the mosfets (2 x 398 watts igbt ) I had to put a fan with big heatsinks to cool them otherwise they blew up.
              Last edited by Robert49; 10-24-2012, 08:01 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

[ATTACH]12320[/ATTACH]

Hi mbrownn

I was only using only the kickback of the coils but when I raised the frequency , the output went up only when I reached a certain value and went up very fast so it was either resonance or my 555 went crazy and produced harmonics or something. I did'nt have an oscilloscope at the time.
                On top of the heat from the baseboard, I was getting heat from the coils and from the mosfets (2 x 398 watts igbt ) I had to put a fan with big heatsinks to cool them otherwise they blew up.
                Looking at your circuit I can't see any reason for the gain you experienced, I am not saying it did not happen though. I could be that the capacitance of some of the components caused it to resonate like a tank circuit. The truth is I don't know

Comment

Looking at your circuit I can't see any reason for the gain you experienced, I am not saying it did not happen though. I could be that the capacitance of some of the components caused it to resonate like a tank circuit. The truth is I don't know
                  Hi

Well I know it did work except I don't know why.
                  My oscillating circuit was a mess so I took it apart and re-did it nice and clean and it stopped working like it did before.
                  I plan to work on it this winter.

Back to my motor

Robert

Comment

• Hello All,

Nice to meet you all, this is my first post even though I've been following a lot as a guest.

I'll go straight to my question: will anybody be willing to make a working model for me (to buy) of any of these motor arrangements, even a simple one?

Please feel free to pm me your quotes or get in touch, I couldn't thank you enough.

I also want to thank Dr. Lindemann and Aaron for this thread.

Comment

• I don't know if anyone will make one for you, the Idea is that you make it yourself. It is not so difficult.

Comment

• I'll try

nice to meet you mbrownn and thanks for your answer!

I will try and make one myself but it might take me a while for different reasons...
                        That's why I'm trying to find a kind supplier who maybe has all the tools and the skills to make one with relatively low effort and time.

BTW, I'd love to meet up with somebody and help experimenting on these particular project, I'm based in North West England, UK. I know this is an unusual request as well, but I have to try.

About the motor I wanted to ask if anybody tried with a "perfect wind" coil and if it makes a difference.

thanks again, this is one of the best projects I've seen around so far.
                        Last edited by johnny-b; 10-29-2012, 01:48 AM. Reason: I forgot one word...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny-b View Post
                          nice to meet you mbrownn and thanks for your answer!

I will try and make one myself but it might take me a while for different reasons...
                          That's why I'm trying to find a kind supplier who maybe has all the tools and the skills to make one with relatively low effort and time.

BTW, I'd love to meet up with somebody and help experimenting on these particular project, I'm based in North West England, UK. I know this is an unusual request as well, but I have to try.

About the motor I wanted to ask if anybody tried with a "perfect wind" coil and if it makes a difference.

thanks again, this is one of the best projects I've seen around so far.
                          Hi, I don't know if this guy is in North West England, but he is in the UK and in this video he is working on the Bedini SSG. Dunno if he is still doing it or interested in collaboration. Peter Lindemann posted awhile ago that the best way to go about building the rotary attraction motor is to build an ssg then build an ssg with a optical or other timing device, then try to do the attraction motor so that you get the feel for magnetic field recovery that the SSG units do. I dunno if this advice works as I am still working on my SSG .

Bedini (SSG) Motor - off grid festival 2011

Mike

Comment

• I occasionally visit the north of England, next time I am in the UK we will have to have a beer

Comment

• thank you

Originally posted by Blargus View Post
                              Hi, I don't know if this guy is in North West England, but he is in the UK and in this video he is working on the Bedini SSG. Dunno if he is still doing it or interested in collaboration. Peter Lindemann posted awhile ago that the best way to go about building the rotary attraction motor is to build an ssg then build an ssg with a optical or other timing device, then try to do the attraction motor so that you get the feel for magnetic field recovery that the SSG units do. I dunno if this advice works as I am still working on my SSG .

Bedini (SSG) Motor - off grid festival 2011

Mike
                              Thank you, I really appreciate your help, I'll have a look into it.
                              Cheers,

Comment

• Beer!

Originally posted by mbrownn View Post
                                I occasionally visit the north of England, next time I am in the UK we will have to have a beer
                                Yes by all means! I'm in Manchester. Just let me know via this forum or P.M. we'll have some good beer!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X