No announcement yet.

O2 Sensor modification using spark plug non-foulers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd just like to add that some of the newer vehicles are 'smart' and can actually tell if you're trying to fool the oxygen sensor. It uses all of the other sensors to get an 'idea' of how much oxygen should be moving through and will start to estimate/guess from pre-programmed logic to thwart our efforts. An example would be if it was 0 degrees celcius outside and the oxygen sensor is reading barely anything and the engine is running lean. The computer will think there is a problem with the o2 sensor and then compensate. Not all ECU's have this built in but most do.

This EFIE enhancer is digital and will completely fool the ECU! You could make the engine think it is in a heat wave when the temperature is freezing (not recommended, just illustrating what kind of power you can have). I've also heard of people tuning in this way to get in excess of 50 hp+.

I've also heard of substantial mileage gains using 100% acetone when the mixture is rich. I think it has to do with helping the gasoline evaporate quicker, as it is the gas vapour that ignites. I've also heard horror stories of it plugging up injectors, but that could be the solvent aspect just cleaning out deposits and then getting stuck in the injector bodies. For the life of me I cannot see how acetone would kill an injector unless they were specifically designed with a material that breaks down/dissolves even with minute exposure to acetone.

Now once we get 60mpg+ we can then use the money saved and start working on other things to save even more. Have to learn to walk before we can run, right?

Comment

• CEL code shows catalyst below threshold Bank 1

Can this non-fouler O2 sensor mod work on the downstream sensor by the cat converter? My CEL has been coming on & off intermittently for several months. Avg MPG since 2006 has been 26.4 and it remains the same.
      One non-fouler, or two, as described?
      Objective is to turn CEL off.

2003 Honda Accord I-4

Comment

• This is all highly interesting... the furthest I've read so
        far is on using the sparkplug inhibitors to allow a change of
        reading on the o2 sensor.

When vaporized fuel is sent in a measured concentration through
        the air intake valve, as hho is in a booster device, wouldn't
        this effectively serve to act as an effective fuel supply
        system?

Through obtaining a sample of properly balanced exhaust into
        some manner of storage device, couldn't this be added into a sealed
        container with the o2 sensor to obtain a permanent setting
        on the circuitry preset at its factory programmed static fuel
        ratio?

Surely in order to modify the engine to have a convenient knob
        attached allowing one to tune their engine by hand in this respect
        it would require the automakers to lift a little higher.

Comment

• probable improved performance less restriction

I swapped the O 2 sensors in my thunderbird 4.6 and while doing it I noticed they occupy probably 20 percent of the airway ion the exhaust manifold, so a spacer ,may relieve a good amount of back pressure, could be the cause of a performance improvement and mileage improvement as well . any comments on this thought ?

Comment

• o2 sensor modifications

Haven't thought about it but they do take up some good space.

I'm currently testing something that may make all o2 sensor mods obsolete. This will take another 6 weeks or so before I know if it works as claimed.
            Sincerely,
            Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
            Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
            RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

• Doesn't it seem like a sample of normal exhaust could be captured in a
              container of some kind and used as a medium in which to store the O2 sensor
              for keeping the computer from changing the engine's running parameters?

Comment

• New topic question on oxygen sensors

I'm working on my on personal vehicle. I'm currently having an issue with my catalytic converter. The car has two converters, and on this particular OBDII system only the front converter is monitored. There is an oxygen sensor before and behind the front converter making the second converter on my vehicle just there for the ride it is not monitored. The front cat is very expensive so I came up with a cheaper solution, I'm just not sure if it's legal. I cannot replace the front cat with a universal cat because the angle makes it impossible. I can very easily cut the second converter underneath the vehicle and weld a new OBDII converter in its exact same spot. Now here is where I'm concerned with the legal issue. I'm not removing a converter and then not putting one banc on, I'm simply just cutting an OBDI converter off and replacing it was a new OBDII converter. Now to complete my theory to keep my check engine light off, I now would take the downstream oxygen sensor, lengthen the wires so it would be able be screwed Into my newly replaced OBDII universal converter. My main concern is, is this legal to lengthen the downstream oxygen sensors to move further back on the vehicle. Sorry the post is long, I came up with this theory and I cannot find any info concerning oxygen sensors.

Comment

• Sometimes, it is easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission. I was told or read that any modification of the emissions system is illegal. In fact, you may even have a sticker inside the hood of the vehicle stating such rules.

Comment

• Oxygen sensors

I agree it would be easier to do it and play dumb later. Ive done a lot of research on emissions and I've found rules, laws, regulations all concerning converter with none of them saying anything to do with the oxygen sensor. I just wasn't sure if anyone knew the real laws concerning not the converter just the oxygen sensor.
                    Last edited by Bcove10; 03-10-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Laws Against Tampering With O2 Sensors

"Tampering with a vehicle's O2 sensor (otherwise known as oxygen or lambda sensor) in any way that alters its operation and can limit its ability to help control the vehicle's emissions, and thus is illegal in many states with strict emission control standards. Furthermore, the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requires manufacturers to produce components in certain ways that make it impossible for owners to tamper inadvertently with the emission control system."

Comment

• Oxygen sensor

Yes and my idea would fall under the anyway tampering with the oxygen sensor. Because I'm not eliminating one I'm not fooling the computer emissions sensors. I would be removing an OBDI converter replacing it with and OBDII converter which there is not illegal at all, then lengthen my oxygen sensor bank one sensor two so it would not be long enought to screw into the newly replace OBDII Cconveter. The car started out with only one converter being monitored the front one with the second one just there. So basically in the end that's what I still have its just reversed. Now it's like the the manifold cat is the OBDI cat not monitored and just there for the ride, and the second cat which I would be replacing with a OBDII certified cat now is the one being monitored. So the vehicle is still operating as it should the exhaust it's still being mad safe for the environment. There would be no dummy sensor. The oxygen sensor loop would be closed not open. The exhaust would be monitoried before an oxygen sensor and then monitored again after traveling thought a converter OBDII And the second sensors would receive an accurate reading to determine if all is good. The law you found which is very helpful and I thank you for helping me research is about the people who think they have drag racing cars and wanr to removE their converters or trick the computer. I would not being doing that, my vehicle would still have the exhaust flow monitored by two sensors one before entering a converting and one after. I just don't have the 1200 for the front cat to pass inspection but I capabilities of doing my theory solely creating on the lack of funds. I'm not tampering. The second sensors is about one inch too short from me even having to lenghing it and then what would the law be. What if I didn't have to lengthen the sensor , what if is stretched and just fit do you think now my theory would be legal now? Again thank you for reading and finding what you have found for me it's frustrating , I'm not trying to turn my vehicle into a illegal dragster I'm trying to pass inspection instead of 1200 then me just installing the cat. I can do what I'm talking about for less than 100 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                        X