back emf

Originally posted by BroMikey View Post
    And I quote John Bedini in minute 1:30 he says QUOTE

"THERE REALLY IS NO BEMF ASSOCIATED WITH IT"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPUajezZUng

Here is my point, if it has BEMF and John says there is none then
    where do I stand on my assumptions? The reason i bring it up is because
    others have also stated that there is no BEMF so if there is I need to
    know because multifilar coils should be used if that is the case.

Anyone care to explain what John meant?
    The reality is that the ZFM was thought to have reduced back emf and it does but is not completely free of it. John knew it was less than a normal motor.

If you pulled the magnets further from the coils, you would have less.

If you have coils that have a strong enough field to drive the rotor but the field of the magnet is not strong enough to cut the windings, then you will have a more optimum situation. Paul Babcock's motor has similarities to the ZFM.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
    Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
    RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
      As Cifta said, the ZFM will not go into runaway mode. Also, you can simply vary the input. Yaro has demonstrated 12, 24, & 36 volt inputs from batteries and each has its own top speed.

Peter's and Yaro's each has been at over 13,000 rpm I believe.

Real motor - Yaro hooked his to a water pump to do real mechanical work so it is a real motor that does real work.

The ZFM is in its infancy - there is a long way to go.

2 pole vs 4 pole, etc... even the 2 pole still needs to be explored as it acts a bit different than 4 pole when you look at John's old lab notes.

Peter made the first 4 pole version. He has coils covering 90 degrees of the rotation - each coil is 90 degrees that is. Perhaps 60 or 120 is better - all those variables need to be tested to see the optimum. Aluminum vs Iron rotor, etc.
      Thanks Aaron that makes good sense, also let me remind everyone if
      I may. John Bedini split the positive on his molopoles and just about
      every motor he built he did that. When you run a ZFM between the
      positives of one run battery and one charge battery it does not act
      the same way as when you connect it up to a wall adapter or single
      source.

Also it is my thought that John said that BEMF was for all practical
      purposes none existent, that is the way I think he looked at it and
      why he expressed it that way for those who might want to build.

Most people associate statements like ("Zero BEMF) with infinite or
      limitless energy and is a great come on. Very exciting times we live in.

The zero force motor runs on high voltages and almost nil on miliamps.
      I think someone should wind a bifilar, tribifilar of multifilar ZFM and run
      it between the positives for extra fun.

Comment

ZFM Explorations

Hello to all,

Great to see the blossoming interest in the ZFM on this thread and the beginning of the replications.

Aaron has done a good job in outlining the basics of the motor and some of its performance characteristics. The ZFM has some very interesting aspects to it and it will race to over 13,000 RPM with a relatively low amp draw. The amp draw will remain relatively constant as the input voltage is increased from 12v to 48v - note it will run at 60v.

As the input voltage is increased the available torque also increases as does the maximum RPM. The amp draw and RPM can be primarily controlled with the Dwell (power to coil time) and the Advance (Firing point).

The perceived runaway aspect tends to happen at maximum dwell and advance, where the ZFM appears to be running in a stable mode at high RPM. Inexplicably the RPM will suddenly take off and increase 2,000 RPM while the amp draw remains stable. Any variance to the advance (say 35 degrees) during this time has a very minor impact on the speed and amp draw. The ZFM appears to be surfing the internal magnetic field that has been created - at least that is my speculation. Where the surge of energy comes from to cause this has not been determined.

The ZFM does exhibit BEMF - clearly depicted in the screen shots contained in the ZFM conference video.

There are still many parameters that have not been fully explored and the potential of this motor remains untapped to date. Closing with a cautionary note that operating at these high speeds does require a very careful and robust design to contain the Neo's. Be Safe!

Yaro

Comment

John and Peter built prototypes, like a toy model to show off at the
          science fair. Now it is up to us to build a practical one. Like all motors
          and generators you want close tolerances. No more 1/2" gaps.

What this means is that like in a real motor the gap where slip in
          calculated the gap must be brought down to at least 80 thousandths
          of and inch. .060 is better but .090 will get you in the game. Weak
          ferrite magnets are out. You want big strong magnets. This machine
          has no cogging without iron in it so the bigger the better on Gauss.

After that, I have no words to add. I hear it runs up in RPM's without
          any stopping point, like days I guess. It just keep going higher till it
          explodes if you let it. I am sure it will fly into pieces. John didn't want his
          explode so he added iron in the core after the motor reached extreme
          speeds.

It is not practical to have a motor so unstable that it runs away to
          detonation so something must be done on the order of what John did.
          Maybe a circuit that lowers the input to match the amount of torque
          loading needed so the rpm's do not present a danger to human life.

Any motor you can't turn your back on that runs away must be refined.

Maybe some form of magnet transmission could tap in mechanically to
          regulate the speed.

I cant write anything of this at the moment, with no zfm on a desk all i do is watch other and get a feel for the understanding....

Yaro is the man here to listen to and i recommend the presentation to anyone interested in building ZFM....

I feel, for my part, the iron shaft may be a problem for me to get built , but i still think a small motor maybe my way into this.

I like the video one of (R.I.P) Johns (Demo 1) of the coil horizontal and all three pole north magnet and the almost zero amp draw as he put a metal tube in the centre of the coil.

too me that look like fun to play with....

Be and Enjoy

Comment

Hello all,

Aaron asked me to share some info about my air-cored motor on the original thread about the Zero Force Motor. There are a couple of reasons why I am going to share here instead. I did not order the book or watch the videos about John's Zero Force Motor. So I really can't compare what I have done with what has already been done. I came about this design because I was looking for a motor/generator design that would not have the drag from the cores being attracted to the magnets. I didn't even know if I could make a motor that would run without cores but made a simple one and it did run. So I decided to pursue it some more until I got to the point where I am now. I still have a lot more things to try and explore but I am willing to share what I have done so far.

I have attached a drawing and pictures to help you understand what I have done. In the first drawing you will see the relationship between my magnets on the rotor and the coils. You will notice the sides of the coils are aligned with the center of the magnets. The magnets are alternating in polarity. Using hall sensors and a circuit I designed the one winding of each coil is pulsed when the magnet is right over the side of a coil.

The coils are trifilar with two 30 gauge wires and one 24 gauge wire. I made the coils this way because I wanted to make this a generator as well as a motor.

After the first coil is pulsed the rotor will move 45 degrees and another winding in the coils will be pulsed with the opposite polarity to again give the rotor a kick. The third winding is picking up the inductive kickback of the collapsing magnetic fields as the transistors are turning off and also picking up the impulses from the magnet passes.

At the time I made the video I only had two coils mounted in the machine. I have now added two more and have room to mount 4 more on the opposite side of the rotor when I get time to wind some more coils.

If you look at the schematic you will see I have a slightly strange circuit. During the on time established by the hall sensors I also am adding pulses to the base of the on transistor. This was to make the motor side more efficient and to add some more inductive collapses for the power winding to pick up.

Also when you look at the schematic you will see I did not use bipolar switching. I am only using two transistors and have the windings of my coils connected so that by pulsing one and then the other winding I am actually reversing the polarity of the coil every 45 degrees. Using this method allows me to add recovery diodes at the collectors of the transistor like the SSG for additional collection of the energy from the collapsing magnetic field. Those diodes are not shown on the schematic.

The last attachment is a scope shot of the signal on the power winding. You can clearly see the AC signal from the passing magnets and the pulses from the high speed pulses being applied to the base of the transistor. You can see from the scope shot my timing wheel had slipped slightly causing my pulses to be just a little late from when they should have been. My timing wheel is adjustable for experimental purposes. That is something I have not really done any exploring into yet. I have just been running it with the pulses centered on the peaks of the magnet passes.

There so much to be learned from this type of motor. I have the coils mounted with hot glue because the stress on them is so low I felt it was safe to do that and it makes it easy to change things any time I want to. The rotor is made from some very high quality plywood so I feel it is safe for the speeds I am running at. I don't push it for high speed. With an input of about 24 volts or so it will run about 3000 rpm and only draw about 150 milliamps. With only 4 coils and with only recovery from the power winding I am seeing an efficiency of about 25 %. Nothing really to brag about. I have not made an kind of measurements of the torque of the motor. I do believe when I get the other 4 coils mounted I will have enough torque to turn a small load and still recover most of the energy being used to power the motor.

Carroll
            Attached Files
            Last edited by citfta; 10-08-2017, 08:43 PM.
            Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

Originally posted by yaro1776 View Post
              Hello to all,

Great to see the blossoming interest in the ZFM on this thread and the beginning of the replications.

Aaron has done a good job in outlining the basics of the motor and some of its performance characteristics. The ZFM has some very interesting aspects to it and it will race to over 13,000 RPM with a relatively low amp draw. The amp draw will remain relatively constant as the input voltage is increased from 12v to 48v - note it will run at 60v.

As the input voltage is increased the available torque also increases as does the maximum RPM. The amp draw and RPM can be primarily controlled with the Dwell (power to coil time) and the Advance (Firing point).

The perceived runaway aspect tends to happen at maximum dwell and advance, where the ZFM appears to be running in a stable mode at high RPM. Inexplicably the RPM will suddenly take off and increase 2,000 RPM while the amp draw remains stable. Any variance to the advance (say 35 degrees) during this time has a very minor impact on the speed and amp draw. The ZFM appears to be surfing the internal magnetic field that has been created - at least that is my speculation. Where the surge of energy comes from to cause this has not been determined.

The ZFM does exhibit BEMF - clearly depicted in the screen shots contained in the ZFM conference video.

There are still many parameters that have not been fully explored and the potential of this motor remains untapped to date. Closing with a cautionary note that operating at these high speeds does require a very careful and robust design to contain the Neo's. Be Safe!

Yaro
              Originally posted by citfta View Post
              Hello all,

Aaron asked me to share some info about my air-cored motor on the original thread about the Zero Force Motor. There are a couple of reasons why I am going to share here instead. I did not order the book or watch the videos about John's Zero Force Motor. So I really can't compare what I have done with what has already been done. I came about this design because I was looking for a motor/generator design that would not have the drag from the cores being attracted to the magnets. I didn't even know if I could make a motor that would run without cores but made a simple one and it did run. So I decided to pursue it some more until I got to the point where I am now. I still have a lot more things to try and explore but I am willing to share what I have done so far.

I have attached a drawing and pictures to help you understand what I have done. In the first drawing you will see the relationship between my magnets on the rotor and the coils. You will notice the sides of the coils are aligned with the center of the magnets. The magnets are alternating in polarity. Using hall sensors and a circuit I designed the one winding of each coil is pulsed when the magnet is right over the side of a coil.

The coils are trifilar with two 30 gauge wires and one 24 gauge wire. I made the coils this way because I wanted to make this a generator as well as a motor.

After the first coil is pulsed the rotor will move 45 degrees and another winding in the coils will be pulsed with the opposite polarity to again give the rotor a kick. The third winding is picking up the inductive kickback of the collapsing magnetic fields as the transistors are turning off and also picking up the impulses from the magnet passes.

At the time I made the video I only had two coils mounted in the machine. I have now added two more and have room to mount 4 more on the opposite side of the rotor when I get time to wind some more coils.

If you look at the schematic you will see I have a slightly strange circuit. During the on time established by the hall sensors I also am adding pulses to the base of the on transistor. This was to make the motor side more efficient and to add some more inductive collapses for the power winding to pick up.

Also when you look at the schematic you will see I did not use bipolar switching. I am only using two transistors and have the windings of my coils connected so that by pulsing one and then the other winding I am actually reversing the polarity of the coil every 45 degrees. Using this method allows me to add recovery diodes at the collectors of the transistor like the SSG for additional collection of the energy from the collapsing magnetic field. Those diodes are not shown on the schematic.

The last attachment is a scope shot of the signal on the power winding. You can clearly see the AC signal from the passing magnets and the pulses from the high speed pulses being applied to the base of the transistor. You can see from the scope shot my timing wheel had slipped slightly causing my pulses to be just a little late from when they should have been. My timing wheel is adjustable for experimental purposes. That is something I have not really done any exploring into yet. I have just been running it with the pulses centered on the peaks of the magnet passes.

There so much to be learned from this type of motor. I have the coils mounted with hot glue because the stress on them is so low I felt it was safe to do that and it makes it easy to change things any time I want to. The rotor is made from some very high quality plywood so I feel it is safe for the speeds I am running at. I don't push it for high speed. With an input of about 24 volts or so it will run about 3000 rpm and only draw about 150 milliamps. With only 4 coils and with only recovery from the power winding I am seeing an efficiency of about 25 %. Nothing really to brag about. I have not made an kind of measurements of the torque of the motor. I do believe when I get the other 4 coils mounted I will have enough torque to turn a small load and still recover most of the energy being used to power the motor.

Carroll
              Originally posted by Bodkins View Post
              I cant write anything of this at the moment, with no zfm on a desk all i do is watch other and get a feel for the understanding....

Yaro is the man here to listen to and i recommend the presentation to anyone interested in building ZFM....

I feel, for my part, the iron shaft may be a problem for me to get built , but i still think a small motor maybe my way into this.

I like the video one of (R.I.P) Johns (Demo 1) of the coil horizontal and all three pole north magnet and the almost zero amp draw as he put a metal tube in the centre of the coil.

too me that look like fun to play with....

Be and Enjoy
              You guys are the greatest men on the planet, tough, smart and never
              give up. Thank you for your advanced input.

Be ready for me when I come back with questions after I read this a
              couple of days.

Comment

Hello all,
                Aaron asked me to share some info about my air-cored motor

it will run about 3000 rpm and only draw about 150 milliamps. With only 4 coils and with only recovery from the power winding I am seeing an efficiency of about 25 %.
                Carroll
                Hello Citfta , all

The topic of this thread is "Zero force motor PROJECT" so i assume that alternating magnet polarity -n-s-n-s- on the rotor is ok to suggest in this thread? But maybe Bedini begins to rotate in his tomb?
                I advise you to use BOTH sides of the magnets AND the coils simultaneously. "I am seeing an efficiency of about 25 %"
                And only one single coil winding on each coil (bobbin) so you can utilize that physical coil space to a maximum and make the Henrys (magnetic force) as big as possible.
                I'm working (planning) now on a bit similar motor as yours. Simulations in LTSpice and some initial bench testing make me belive that a motor at 24V only should consume /correction/ 3-5 mA free running without load or regeneration.

Will anybody be upset if I also want to add some coil core material?

Regards
                Arne
                Last edited by seaad; 10-11-2017, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by seaad View Post
                  Hello Citfta , all

The topic of this thread is "Zero force motor PROJECT" so i assume that alternating magnet polarity -n-s-n-s- on the rotor is ok to suggest in this thread? But maybe Bedini begins to rotate in his tomb?
                  I advise you to use BOTH sides of the magnets AND the coils simultaneously. "I am seeing an efficiency of about 25 %"
                  And only one single coil winding on each coil (bobbin) so you can utilize that physical coil space to a maximum and make the Henrys (magnetic force) as big as possible.
                  I'm working (planning) now on a bit similar motor as yours. Simulations in LTSpice and some initial bench testing make me belive that a motor at 24V only should consume 1-2 mA free running without load or regeneration.

Regards
                  Arne
                  Well if you reread my posts you will see that I am using NSNS configuration on my rotor. I also posted that I did intend to add more coils on the other side of the rotor. I designed that rotor so that I could use both ends of the magnets. The 150 milliamps is with the generating winding supplying some small amount of power to a bridge rectifier and cap and then to a resistor to measure the efficiency. With no load on the generating winding the current draw will drop to about 80 milliamps. I would be very surprised to see you get the current down to 1 or 2 milliamps. I don't think LTSpice is considering the friction losses in the bearings or the windage losses from turning the rotor.

Respectfully,
                  Carroll
                  Just because someone disagrees with you does NOT make them your enemy. We can disagree without attacking someone.

Comment

But maybe Bedini begins to rotate in his tomb?

Regards
                    Arne
                    No problem guys John lived to see us have this open door to experiment.
                    He is resting now from his labors. I look forward to any and all tests.

Do it up right or any which way you like. That way we will know
                    which way not to go as well as the right direction. Don-ch-ya-think?

Comment

Henrys and magnetic force

@seaad,

I like the way you equated Henrys of inductance with (magnetic force). This comparison has caused controversy in the past.

"Henrys (magnetic force) as big as possible".

Comment

Well if you reread my posts you will see that I am using NSNS configuration on my rotor. I also posted that I did intend to add more coils on the other side of the rotor. I designed that rotor so that I could use both ends of the magnets. The 150 milliamps is with the generating winding supplying some small amount of power to a bridge rectifier and cap and then to a resistor to measure the efficiency. With no load on the generating winding the current draw will drop to about 80 milliamps. I would be very surprised to see you get the current down to 1 or 2 milliamps. I don't think LTSpice is considering the friction losses in the bearings or the windage losses from turning the rotor.

Respectfully,
                        Carroll
                        Hi Carrol
                        First I just wanted to know If it was allowed to dicuss NSNS configuration and cores here. I don't want a "serious builders" situation.

First issue solved. I right now saw Bro M:s reply. Thanks BroMikey!

Second. I'm going to utilize ALL sides of my magnets and coil ends.

Congrats Carrol; to your good circuit. Two Switch transistors and the two Transformer coupled Coils reduces the power consumption to drive the coil ( motor magnetic impulser unit) to about the same low level as I have, with my used principle and my single winding, without distorting the signal. ( Still about square) I took my coil values and used that x2 in your two coils and made a simulation.
                        BUT, but with your principle you have to have two windings on the same bobbin. To make them fit there we have to reduce the Cu-wire diameter. ( More Ohms in both coils)
                        That reduces the Amp-turns with reduces the magnetic power as a result.
                        Compared to a single wire coil principle, here we have to increase the battery voltage.

If your input pulse signals A and B (not the iterrupting F.G. chopping signal. Not simulated yet) is let say: Cycle time=6ms ,OnA=2ms OffA=4ms, OnB=2ms OffB=4ms and signal B is delayed 3ms
                        THEN the OUTput will be a 3ms+3ms (50%/50%) zero and 180 degr. square signal. (With my coil values) Do you want that??
                        BUT with a shorter On-time (A and B) than 2ms the output signals will be a mess, corrupt and stocastic.

And you are right about windage losses and such. I know nothing!

I come to think of one important thing: Your coils are NOT TRANSFORMER COUPLED. Air coils. Uhuuuu Now output signals will be a mess, corrupt and stocastic
                        AGAIN!!

Regards
                        Arne
                        Last edited by seaad; 10-10-2017, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I look forward to any and all tests.

Do it up right or any which way you like.
                          Thanks BroMikey!

Regards
                          Arne

Comment

Why

... make the Henrys (magnetic force) as big as possible.
                            The Henry is a unit of inductance.

The magnetic force component of the Lorentz force manifests itself as the force that acts on a current-carrying wire in a magnetic field. In that context, it is also called the Laplace force.
                            Magnetic force is not "Henrys". It is not measured in "Henrys". It is not inductance.

The quote I used above is from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_force
                            It is a good and lengthy article on magnetic and electromagnetic force. I do not see any mention of inductance or Henry.

And a puzzlement to me is why anyone would want a zero force motor. After all, a motor converts electric power to mechanical power. With no force there is no mechanical power. So what use is a ZFM?

Regards,

bi

Comment

zfm

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                              And a puzzlement to me is why anyone would want a zero force motor. After all, a motor converts electric power to mechanical power. With no force there is no mechanical power. So what use is a ZFM?
                              Do your research so you can see what John's definition is as applied to the motor and not your own.
                              Sincerely,
                              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
                              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
                              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by bistander View Post
                                The Henry is a unit of inductance.

Magnetic force is not "Henrys". It is not measured in "Henrys". It is not inductance.

The quote I used above is from https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_force
                                It is a good and lengthy article on magnetic and electromagnetic force. I do not see any mention of inductance or Henry.

Regards,

bi
                                I been asking that question and am still trying to wrap my head around
                                it. It runs on hv and very tiny amounts of current, I know what you are
                                going to say. Wait a minute and listen for awhile.

It runs on high voltage and high RPM's on tiny amounts of current. It
                                displays very small amounts of BEMF according to John B. and from what
                                I hear if you run it between positives at 36v which means 48v in series
                                going to a 3rd 12v battery leaving 36v this motor produces it's
                                own regenerative (SUUL) acceleration for some unknown reason.

WHEn this occurs the tiny amounts of current drop even more to maintain
                                it. Other off the shelf motors do not manifest this desired action that
                                Tesla pointed out in his coil patent in the 1800's. Well he talked about
                                coils that produced energy as if they were not even there concerning
                                drag of any kind.
                                Last edited by BroMikey; 10-10-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X