Magnetic field of a bifilar pancake coil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiant circuit progress, series resonance, parallel discharge

I made a mistake and worked on the C4 L2 resonance.

But it turns out, L2 is series resonant with C5

C4 is charged by L1's back emf, when the mosfet turns off.
    When the mosfet turns on again, C4 disruptive discharges parallel over L2 and C5.
    This is a radiant energy event.

The floating ground (source of mosfet, it is NOT a earth ground), is connected to the separate powersupply (battery)
    for the pulse generator driving the gate of the mosfet.
    This is needed due to the high side switching with a N-mosfet

The mosfet needs to be low Rds, and capable of high current and high voltage.
    Like the IRFP460A.
    Switching on and off needs to be very fast.

L2 and L3 can step up or step down the voltage/current.
    L2 is tuned for maximum current in L3, without having L3 tuned (no parallel C6 cap over L3)
    For max current, L2 needs to have many turns, L3 few turns (but thicker wire).
    Best results would need equal mass L2 and L3

C4 needs to have low ESR to be able to charge and discharge very fast. C4 also needs to have enough capacitance to violently discharge in to L2/C5 but needs to be small enough, to be able to get charged from L1 back emf in 1 cycle.
    Best would be to parallel connect several capacitors.

Once L2 is tuned for max current in L3,
    L3 is tuned to resonate, giving maximum voltage and current (in phase producing usable power in L3)

Parts are ordered and in the email, When I get decent results, I will make a video again, and explain it in more detail.
    Last edited by evostars; 12-03-2019, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• positive discharge spike in L2

As I still dont understand fully how this works. I keep learning from my mistakes... So this info above might be wrong... Ill have to make it work first before I share this kind of information.
      Still doesnt work... but learning along the way.

Made a pulse generator circuit to drive the mosfet (irfp460a). its powered by a separate battery and connected to the "earth" (NOT an earth ground).
      This is to properly open and close the mosfet whule high side switching L1, generating back emf, into C2 C3 and C4.

Somehow, this circuit creates a positive discharge in the resonant L2 at max voltage. How to do this is the big question right now.

If you know ... please share. All tips and ideas are welcome

Comment

• high side switching a coil

My new video about switching

https://youtu.be/Asa2RuubKWM

Comment

• longitudinal current video

new video about longitudinal current wil premiere in one hour

https://youtu.be/MF1lVtAgzVM

Comment

• impulsed bifilar coil, from both ends

I found out, the best way to impulse a bifilar coil, is to impulse it from both ends, one side positive impulse other side negative impulse, but simultaneously.
            Nelson rocha's latest shared circuit does this.

It not only does that, but in the same coil that is impulsed, is also series resonance creating high currents.

the impulsed series resonant coil, is a primary.
            The secondary, is inductive coupled, so sees the high currents. But is also in the radiant field induced by the impulses.

Without the current, resonance can easily be tuned into the secondary, as you will be able to see what you are doing on s scope. But the high current, prevents this... It seems to be tuned differently...

So with the current in the secondary, your tuning blind... adding capacitance until it resonates with the impulses of the primary.

When tuned, this could deliver voltage in a high current coil. in phase.
            So far only theory...
            only need to tune...

Comment

• new video

New video is a warm up for the next video.

It gives extra information on Tesl's bifilar coil, and
              how to switch on the high side using a IRFP460 n-mosfet.

https://youtu.be/Y0TJ84Rbx6Q

Comment

• Radiant power, by SS hairpin circuit

I made an advanced solid state hairpin circuit producing radiant power.

It is based on a high side switched coil (L1) producing a negative back EMF impulse.
                This impulse is injected into a series resonant bifilar pancake coil (L2).
                The – BEMF impulse, replaces the sparkgap.

This L2 coil also has a positive DC offset, charged by the – back EMF.
                The L2 coil equals the stout bars in the hairpin circuit.

L2 is loose coupled (4,5cm) to L3 (bigger bifilar pancake coil) that is parallel resonant. So both L2 and L3 resonate on the same frequency. L2 is series resonant (low impedance, so impulse can pass to positive of power suppy, giving the L2 a kick) and L3 is parallel resonant (high impedance).

L3 is parallel loaded with a 28W 230V light bulb, that lights up brightly.
                The current and voltage of L3 are in phase. This is rather unique, as it is 4,5 cm distanced from the series resonant L2 (current and voltage 90 degrees out of phase). Radiant power is produced.

Here is the link to the video explaining it all. All info that is needed for replication is included.
                https://youtu.be/1Flj1i0zQ-8

Here is the link to the schematic:
                https://imgur.com/a/sh1JOwE

Comment

Working...
                X