Mechanical Magnetic Torque Amplifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distribution of force

Luc's talking about a 60% gain with his "Floor Force"; The "Magnet Piston" delivers at least 5 1/2 times that advantage:
    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Magnet shipment.

Folks, I'm sorry to report that my large magnet shipment from K&J was diverted to customs here in Costa Rica. My first magnet shipment was delivered to my P.O. box, but this one hit quicksand. Don't get your hopes up about seeing a working prototype any time soon. Deep regrets.

Allen

Comment

Shear magnet assistor.

Here's an illustration of a shear magnet assistor. The bottom shear magnet is cushioned by two opposing neo tubes; The center tube is attached to the overhead plate and has a connecting rod attached:

The shear magnet is attracted back into position, and is harder to push while it's seated. The two magnets on the bottom right are in repulsion and create enough pressure help to free the shear magnet:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-11-2017, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Shear spring assist

A simple spring would work even better:
          Attached Files

Comment

Linear bearings

The generator with it's four arms would lay flat on it's side. Slide bearings are very versatile and can help strengthen the project. The shear springs are necessary because the power ratio is disproportionate. Correct bearings and springs are all that's needed to turn this raw concept into a precision generator. It could build into a brief case.

I'm planning a new approach to recover my magnet shipment. This generator is the antidote for President Trump's disavowal of the "Paris climate accord".
            Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-12-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Plastic slide bearings

These kinds of sliding tracks are much stronger and easier to use then those plastic tubes in the video design. The "Anchor magnet's" stationary, and a bit undersized placed between the two traveling track magnets on each side. The anchor magnet needs to be fastened to the track. The yellow track runners need to be connected perhaps by throat depressors glued to the sides:

This design is fiendishly simple once it's understood! Block magnets would sit better on the kind of platform pictured below. The central "Anchor Magnet" needs to be around an 1/8 inch smaller. The shear trigger magnet is the same size as the sliding magnets.

A smaller second track on the perpendicular would carry the shear trigger and spring assembly. I discovered that the "trigger spring" is an essential feature from testing.

The attraction of the "Shear Magnet" to the bottom slider magnet cocks the mechanism. This locked magnet position needs the spring to help dislodge it.

The design has changed significantly with the addition of block magnets on a plastic slider and a trigger magnet spring! A much sturdier design, as the major force is on the central cubical "Anchor Magnet", firmly secured to the track, not a flimsy thin rod inside a neo tube center hole.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-12-2017, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Track connection

The track can simply butt up against it's perpendicular partner and extend for the shear spring and traveler.

The bottom slider magnet simply needs to be positioned so it meets the end of the track:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-12-2017, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Slide rail purchase.

The dimension of the block is in inch's. This one is exactly 1" square, perfect for a K&J N52 cube. This generator would be industrial strength with high durability! All non-magnetic materials, aluminum, ceramic coating and acrylic travelers: The major improvement over the tube design would be the firm permanent attachment of the central "Anchor Magnet".

Richard,

Yes. You can purchase from our office: 1-800-513-3163

Thank you,

Mike Quinn
                  Sales/Marketing/Engineering
                  ISO 9001

Cage Code: 15622
                  1-800-513-3163
                  Cell: 617-538-8756
                  Boston Office: 1-888-319-5320
                  LM76 Linear Bearings & Pillow Block Linear Bearings & Flange Block Linear Bearings & Profile Rail Guides & linear Ball Bearings & Linear Shafting & Linear Motion Slides & Linear Motion Systems & Linear Belt Actuators & Linear Roller Blocks and Rails
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-12-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Trigger gap and spring tension.

The spacing between the sheer magnet and the bottom magnet on the traveler would act as a critical adjustment along with the spring tension on the trigger magnet. These two variables will both be readily accessible for fine tuning, out in the open and easy to reach and control.

This generator has legitimate authenticity, and long lasting strength and dependability potential.

Comment

Threaded turnbuckle connectors.

I imagined a final refinement; Formerly I connected the two travelling magnets with wooden popsicle sticks on each side: Four threaded plastic coupling rods with two turnbuckles would add an additional adjustment to the design, and allow us to precisely control that spacing feature as well.

The generator needs just the right amount of attraction force between the trigger magnet and the bottom traveler magnet. The sheer to push pull strength is 3.33, but the throw of the trigger magnet is proportional to the attraction strength. The 1" cube needs to reduce attraction enough to travel at least the 1" to clear the adjacent traveler magnet, and plus it needs sufficient attraction strength to return it to it's starting position.

The attraction force to throw distance is an elastic kind of strength. Precise tuning is required to make it work. This gives us three adjustments.
                      Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-13-2017, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Turnbuckle

Here's a picture to help visualize the kind of adjustable connectors I advised: This will permit us to adjust the distance between the top traveller magnet and the anchor magnet.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-13-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

90 degree gear.

I invented this "Sheer to push pull" gear arrangement earlier in this thread; Now that the tube piston has transformed into the track platform, it's possible to run a reciprocating "Two banger" side by side with this kind of gear package: The spring tensioner and turnbuckle connectors would still be required.

The illustration in the middle below shows the basic "Push to Sheer" transition:

Naturally, the reciprocator would include an inverted twin. The bonus from this gear is the reduction factor, because a nested tooth on the inside can yield any combination, not just a 1:1. This can convert the long throw into a powerful short stroke.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-14-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Gear package loop.

I failed to connect the two pistons conceptually so far. It appears there's a flaw in this twin design because there's a mistake in the closure timing. I need more time to think through this gear assisted version.

I'm certain that if two tracks were laddered "L" fashion, one would propel the other. Just succeeding at one single exchange would defy the second law of thermodynamics, and set a high water mark in the progress of free energy generation.

A box arrangement may close this gear assisted loop. I really need to begin to assemble the generator and resume testing.

Comment

Box gears.

Getting one magnet track to fire a second would be tantamount to splitting the atom.

It would be simple to include a gear reduction combination to the spring tensioned trigger magnet on the box design.

The challenge is to tailor the throw distance to the power. The 3.33 ratio is real, but it may take both the gear combination and the spring tension to accomplish the power transfer.

It would be simple to add two racks and a twin gear to the slider rail between the top traveller magnet and the trigger magnet on the box design. This would give the mechanism the lag time it needs to reset the trigger magnets.

Comment

Linear reduction gear.

This gate lock is the closest I can come to illustrating the two tier pinion and rack gear combination. The slider rail has holes in it. The two tier pinion would rest on it and each magnet would have a different spaced gear rack attached one over the other on the same side:
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 06-15-2017, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X