Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allen Burgess View Post
    @bistander,

This guy has two reversed LED'S; One lights when he generates a magnetic field in the coil, and the other lights, facing backwards, when he collapses it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI5ERdvroec
    Thanks Allen but I really don't care. And as I previously mentioned, LEDs don't make good power switches.

Good bi

Comment

Folding.

@bistander,

You're another example of someone who acts like they have special knowledge; then when challenged to support their positions, turns to degrading insults to cover their ignorance.

You called Igor's "Reed Switch Spinner ll Schematic" a mess when it consists of merely two simple components: A Reed Switch and an LED! You act like you've never seen any of his videos before and you're telling me to start off with some rudimentary text books. Where have you been?

Comment

@bistander,

You're another example of someone who acts like they have special knowledge; then when challenged to support their positions, turns to degrading insults to cover their ignorance.

You called Igor's "Reed Switch Spinner ll Schematic" a mess when it consists of merely two simple components: A Reed Switch and an LED! You act like you've never seen any of his videos before and you're telling me to start off with some rudimentary text books. Where have you been?
        Well Allen, I was just trying to help with a lesson on inductance which you did not appear to understand. You kept after me for more explanations of other people's experiments concerning a subject I have not been following nor have any interest in analyzing. No good deed goes unpunished, as they say.

bi

Comment

Position of voltmeter

Hi All

Re the direction reversal, I wrote the attached a few years back, that may be of help. It depends upon the position of the voltmeter.

Kind regards

John
          Attached Files

Comment

Voltmeter position.

@John g,

Thank you very much. That last post was extremely helpful for me.

Comment

Hi Allen

Many thanks for that. Attached are couple of my ramblings with LEDs and inductors that may be of interest.

Kind regards

John
              Attached Files

Comment

LED current direction.

@John g,

"The direction of the induced current caused by the collapsing field will be in the reverse direction compared with the direction when the field was built, thus the red LED flashes, Fig 12".

This language sounds a bit puzzeling when compared with the "Same direction rule", and clearly underscores the apparent paradox.

Here's the hyperlink to the youtube video you cited in your PDF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js-z...e=youtu.be.Fig
                Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-09-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Hi Allen

No paradox, we now have 2 windings and 2 opposing fields, please see, very rough video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgBU...ature=youtu.be

Kind regards

John

Comment

woopyjump.

@john g,

Here's Woopyjump's scope shot and the two windings schematic that started the argument: Can you please help explain what's really going on here?
                    Last edited by Allen Burgess; 08-15-2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Link

@john g,

Here's Woopyjump's scope shot and the two windings schematic that started the argument: Can you please help explain what's really going on here?
                      Hi Allen

Do you have a link to the video the screen shot was taken from?

Kind regards

John

Comment

Woopyjump video

@John g,

Here they are; "Capturing energy from the Flyback Spike" 1 & 2:

1.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tag5OlvPi54

2.- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4S3XvloAnM
                        Last edited by Allen Burgess; 07-11-2016, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                          Hi All

Re the direction reversal, I wrote the attached a few years back, that may be of help. It depends upon the position of the voltmeter.

Kind regards

John
                          The spike is pos,
                          If the pos spike is ran into another coil its spike or collapse will be neg.
                          So what does this imply, the collapsing field is zero energy accumulated from the aether, opposites attract.
                          We create the magnetic field but the aether supply's the electric field or eddy currents if you will.
                          Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

The magnetic field does not turn electric when it collapses, its eddy currents that create the spike.

Comment

Research eddy currents Hi-Techndt

Comment

https://youtu.be/0d6chzb7Z1c
                                What you are seeing in this vid is the eddy currents of a magnet being ionized using high voltage.

Comment

Working...
                                X