X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC motor on ac?

Originally posted by Beamgate View Post
    @Ben

It's right on the schematic (across L1/L2 symbology as I recall).
    Thanks Beamgate.

I took a closer look at the schematic, and must say it's a very interesting concept.
    I just noticed that the drive motor is a DC Permanent magnet motor running on AC. How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben2503 View Post
      I just noticed that the drive motor is a DC Permanent magnet motor running on AC. How does that work?
      The plans also imply there will be a motor controller involved, likely to ensure that the governed RPM's maintain resonance (somehow).

Hope it likes 400hz power.
      Resonance to all !

Comment

QEG Forum

A brand new forum for the QEG has just been created. You can check it out here:

QEG Forum

Comment

Originally posted by niven View Post
          A brand new forum for the QEG has just been created. You can check it out here:

QEG Forum
          Hi Neven,

I just plugged my report and my thread at that forum.

Quantum Energy Generator Forum :: Topic: Hello Everyone (1/1)

Thanks,

VIDBID
          Regards,

VIDBID

Comment

QED Analysis:

We will be watching this project closly, still thinking the best for HopeGirl587
            However we just got word back from a friend that is a retired telecommunication engineer:

Originally posted by Bert;
            The schematic is incomplete.
            The parts list shows a full wave bridge rectifier. There is none in the schematic.
            The schematic shows connecting the DC drive motor directly to the AC power line, or to a 400 Hz QED output, via a toggle switch; this is wrong. But that is the smallest problem.

Analysis:
            The paper says the QED shaft turns at something less than 2,500 RPM, but the author never tells us exactly what RPM. To keep things simple, let's try 2,400 RPM. 2,400 divided by 60 Hertz gives us a shaft rotation of 40 revolutions per second, or 40 Hertz. If you look at the wiring on the 4 stator windings, you will see that the coils are wired in pairs that are in series. This means that you have, in effect, TWO sets of magnetic fields that could be working together, not four. Since one pair of coils has a capacitor in series (0.208 uFd), the phase of the two pairs of coils theoretically could be at some shifted angle, thus possibly causing the magnetic fields in the stator to rotate. This is no different than any other AC motor. Excepting, of course, that "real" conventional motors require a capacitor hundreds of times larger to create a phase shift sufficient to effect shaft rotation with any significant torque. This capacitor is too small to create a useable torque on the motor shaft.

The "exciter" coil form is 12 inches in length. The photo shows about a 1 inch unwound length at each end, making the actual coil 10 inches in length. Inductance calculates to be 429.2 uH. Combine that with the two 15 pF capacitors (parallel) of total 30 pF, and we get a resonant frequency of around 1.4 MHz. So, it looks like the top stator coil winding is in series with a parallel tank circuit that could resonate at a moderate RF frequency. It is important to note that the stator windings are wrapped around a laminated iron core, and thus will act like very large choke coils with extremely high inductance (GigaHenry range). The stator coils cannot resonate at this 1.4 MHz high frequency. I'm willing to place a $20 bet that the QEG will operate (or non-operate, as the case may be) exactly the same whether this exciter circuit is there as shown, or if it is shorted out so that it cannot possible resonate.

But what about that 0.208 uFd capacitor that is "tuned" for optimal operation of the QEG?

That capacitor is in series with the two QEG's stator side windings. If we know the inductance of the two windings, then we can calculate the resonant frequency of those inductors with the 0.208 uFd capacitor. The side coils are each 3,100 turns of #20 wire on the laminated core. The core is made of M19 silicon steel, which is a low-loss, high permittivity steel, with a permittivity of around 30,000. Each coil length is 6.75 inches (averaged length because of toroidal winding), or a physical coil length of 0.1715 meters. The area of one coil is about 74 square inches, or 0.0477 square meters. Since both coils are wired in series and are on the same core, you can effectively calculate the inductance as a single coil of 6,200 turns, 0.343 meters long, and a coil area of 0.096 sq. meters.

Plug those numbers into an Inductance calculator (Inductance Calculator, Calculate Number of turns in Wire, Core Material Permeability, Coil Area and Length.) and you get an inductance of 322,761,516,035 Henries, or about 322 GigaHenries. Read that again: 322 GigaHenries. That's a lot of inductance, by anyone's standards.

To calculate resonance, we plug the capacitance and inductance into another calculator (Resonant Frequency Calculator) and we get a resonant frequency of 0.00061377 Hertz, or about 613 microHertz. In other words, this combination of stator coil windings and capacitor will resonate only one cycle in about 33 minutes! Regular power line frequency can easily deviate this much. The point here, is that this super, super low frequency, if it did exist, could in no way be correlated to be in resonance with a shaft turning 40 times per second. I don't see that the stator coils and the capacitor form any kind of effective resonant circuit that will oscillate with a either a 60 Hertz or 400 Hertz device.

But what about power? The capacitive reactance of the 0.20833 capacitor at 60 Hertz is 12,733 ohms. At 400 Hertz it is 1,910 ohms. So, at 120 volts, the current in the 3,100 turn SERIES stator circuit would be limited to either 9 or 62 milliamps - unless the circuit was in resonance, which, as I have shown above, is not happening! So, those windings are only going to have milliamp currents flowing through them, and as my daddy would say "That ain't gonna feed the bulldog."

Conclusion:
            The only windings in this thing that would have any measurable power flowing through them are just the top and bottom coils. The side coils are in series with the 0.208 uFd capacitor, which is not connected to anything else in the circuit, and which can only receive power through core induction from the top and bottom coils. The capacitive reactance of the 0.208 uFd capacitor limits any possible current to a few milliamps. The massive inductance of the side coils in series with the 0.208 uFd capacitor creates a circuit that cannot resonate at 60 Hertz nor at 400 Hertz, the only two frequencies at which this thing might be claimed to work. In fact, the 0.00061377 Hertz resonant frequency is so low as to be unmeasureable by 99.9% of the testing labs in the world. You could remove both the side coils in this device and it would not affect operation one iota (assuming it even runs.)

And finally, the claimed power output of this device is 10 KW. The largest wire is 10 gauge, and using standard ampacity tables for AWG wire, the maximum power that 10 gauge can deliver at 120 volts is 4,800 watts - not even half of what this device is claimed to supply.

I unequivocally call this device, and its claimed theory of operation as well as the other associated claims bogus, start to finish.
            Still liveing in hope for HopeGirl587.
            Watching her Taiwan trip, to see if she leaves with a happy team.
            I want to beleave, even after Bert's negative thoughts - time will tell.

Comment

9 months

Originally posted by prembold View Post
              We will be watching this project closly, still thinking the best for HopeGirl587
              However we just got word back from a friend that is a retired telecommunication engineer:

Still liveing in hope for HopeGirl587.
              Watching her Taiwan trip, to see if she leaves with a happy team.
              I want to beleave, even after Bert's negative thoughts - time will tell.
              I fully agree with you, a bit fishy but I hope I am wrong but:
              - the documents were released exactly 9 months before christmas.
              - No 'proud video' of the running prototype.
              - No test-reports although the 'inventor' is a qualified electrical engineer and financing was done through crowd funding.

I feel the WITTS videos are much more convincing and (in my view) a decent test-report and design guidelines would totally convince me.

Comment

Taiwan Training with James Robitaille

Originally posted by Ben2503 View Post
                I fully agree with you, a bit fishy but I hope I am wrong but:
                - the documents were released exactly 9 months before christmas.
                - No 'proud video' of the running prototype.
                - No test-reports although the 'inventor' is a qualified electrical engineer and financing was done through crowd funding.

I feel the WITTS videos are much more convincing and (in my view) a decent test-report and design guidelines would totally convince me.
                Well, there is a video (cell phone video) up with James Robitaille giving details of its construction to a group of Taiwanese men.

I think a video of the generating running and explaining how it works would be much more convincing.

Taiwan Training with James Robitaille - YouTube

Berg

Comment

Fuc that Bert Guy.
                  He states the Coils are wired 2 pairs on serie? Wrong.
                  They are parallel and the Tank Coils are isolated. Fuc that Guy.
                  A lot calculations without practical Backround. Fuc and kickban him hard.
                  Me bet he dont even have a simple Clue what the inductance is when its running. Its different as at his Text Book. Fuc that Prick.
                  Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

Assembled Core Cost

I did some writing this am to determine what the fully assembled core would cost? (Major Expense)
                    Received this back form the company listed in QEG links.
                    $2995.00 FOB from NJ
                    Not bad if it works.
                    There was another link explaining how FTW wanted to order in bulk and to go through them for ordering.
                    Just a little FYI.
                    Still following with interest.
                    Their (FTW) other material is extensive and thought provoking.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Stephen Brown; 04-03-2014, 12:13 AM.
                    Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

QEG Development (Current & Past)

“If you Build It, and Give it Away, They will come.” QEG Full Disclosure. | HOPEGIRL BLOG

Comment

Is there any particular reason, why the standard aircraft power supply is 400Hz?

"Running at 400Hz allows the use of smaller transformers. Less energy has to be stored in the transformer core per cycle, so the core can be smaller. A smaller core means a lighter transformer, and reducing weight is a good thing in an aircraft."

However: "A higher frequency also increases loss of power over long distances, so using it on long transmission lines would be a bad idea"

More on Why we use 400Hz Power Supply in Aircraft? | Areeb Ahmed - Academia.edu

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5IdtaqNFBs
                          Theorizer are like High Voltage. A lot hot Air with no Power behind but they are the dead of applied Work and Ideas.

Comment

This might be big.

Comment

Still a work in progress

This seems like the best way to "prove it".
                              Independent 3rd party verification.
                              No self run or big power yet!

From QEG Forum.
                              Quantum Energy Generator Forum :: Topic: Q&A with the QEG team in Taiwan, April 4 (1/1)

Q & A with the Taiwan Team
                              http://be-do.com/media/kunena/attach...4-4-2014-b.pdf
                              Potential, is a terrible thing to waste.

Comment

Taiwan team is running

The Taiwan team hasn't looped the system yet, but they do have it outputing a few hundred watts - - this is getting good!!!

Originally posted by john_g View Post
                                Does anyone understand how this generates? The construction details of the spark-gap and exciter coil seems to be missing.
                                Regards
                                John
                                John, don't know if you saw this on their website:
                                In the QEG, there is no internal, common exciter coil, and no rotor windings. In addition, to look at the circuit diagram, it is not apparent where the input power comes from to start resonance, and this is key; the QEG exciter coil is external to the generator, and the excitation signal is conducted through the quantum field (zero point) into the generator core, to start oscillation. Once the machine builds up to the resonant frequency, it powers itself (self running). James M. Robitaille​

Comment

Working...
                                X