Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purelyprimitives View Post
    Hello Carroll,

Even if we assume only 50% instead of 70%, using his figures the heater would still have to run an average of 20 hours a day to heat his house.

He states that it consumes between 600 and 800 watts or .6 to .8 KW when running. Multiplied by the 20 hours a day, at $.14/KWH means that it only cost $1.68 to $2.24 a day? That seems rather incredible to me when electric baseboard heaters @ 100% efficiency cost considerably more to run.

As others have pointed out on his YouTube videos, this would mean that his device exceeds 100% efficiency. I guess the proof will be when the test results come in.

Guruji in a previous post linked to a video that uses a spinning set of magnets driven by an 3 phase electric motor claimed to be 95% efficient to heat a copper pipe. In the video he is able to turn a copper pipe glowing red hot in less than a minute. Probably several hundred degrees. And yet, he states that in his tests, it is no more efficient than a simple immersion heater. If this is no better than an immersion heater, how can a device that can only raise the oil temperature by 6 or 7 degrees a minute be any more efficient?

Best regards,
    Charlie
    Hi Charlie I did not hear him saying that it's efficient as an immersion heater. Where did you hear that in the vid or in comments?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guruji View Post
      Hi Charlie I did not hear him saying that it's efficient as an immersion heater. Where did you hear that in the vid or in comments?
      Sorry, it was actually his comment from his other video titled, "Heating Copper Wheel with Permanent Magnets Part 2"

"I have done alot of test with a water heater and the magnet wheel They always broke even as far as electrical consumption. I also was using a 3 phase motor 95% efficient an a inverter which is odd the water heater should have come out ahead. I also had a guy from flordia who has several patents in radar equiptment and has quiet alot of knowledge in electrical and mechanics. He could not figure out why they were coming out the same."

Regards,
      Charlie

Comment

• Ok see this guy heating a boiler with plasma with 350w he's saying don't know exactly what he's doing but I think putting HV between two rods in water.

Plasma Heating System For the Garage - YouTube
        Last edited by Guruji; 01-29-2013, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X