• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marathonman
    replied
    Ops !

Mario;

You are very correct, the turns figure i posted is incorrect. let me check again. i know the primaries are right. note book drying out.

The thick commutator bars were actually thick wire or more then likely rectangle wire with not many turns.

my part G is being wound with thick rectangle wire to take up more space having less winding's. so Netica you are correct in your assumption.

below pic is for the people who wish to electronically switch the Figuera device.

UFO;

You have to remember the variac is wired slightly different then the figuera part G. the Figuera device is one continuous winding with N and S on either side and a rotating brush only.

MM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marathonman; 09-11-2016, 05:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
    Hi Netica,

In this video with a Variac powered with DC lighting two bulbs alternatively you may find some answers

https://vimeo.com/178144785
    Hello Hanon,

I like the simplicity of that video...it shows the effect pretty clear.

However I have noticed when the rear bulb is dimming out... all the sudden the front bulb lights up way too much...which is not supposed to happen...I believe is when rheostat reaches the end points it "jumps" to max values.

The way I see the bulbs should behave is in even a smoother alternation...Dimming Bulb 1 to minimal values without allowing to completely go off...while Bulb 2 should start gradually increasing its brightness, all taking place in unison, sync.

I understand you are driving it back and forth, which is not the way it happens when a full rotation is applied.

Great viewing video though...we all could see the effect we are trying to reach here.

Thanks

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by hanon1492 View Post
    Ufo,

If you are going to test shortly the resistors please take into account that Figuera represented a simplified commutator design to “make easy the understanding” as he literally wrote. I guess he could have used one commutator with two resistors arrays in parallel to get symmetrical signal to each set of coils. If you use just one array then the resistance in one side depends on the resistance in the remaining resistors in the other side of the brush contact. Therefore the two waves wont be symmetrical. Using two arrays in parallel you may get independent resistance in each array and therefore we will get symetrical waves. Some posts ago I linked an Excel file simulating one and two resistor arrays.

I know you love asymmetry but in this case I guess we should look for two symmetrical signals !!

BTW , 47 ohms in each step of resistors is huge. I will point more toward 4.7 ohm in each piece or even less, as low as 1 ohm, if you use the same value in all resistor pieces. And if you want to create a perfect sine wave I would use two resistors arrays with values as those included in the attached image

And below the case for just one resistor array, as drawn in the patent. Note that the higher the resistance of each piece the more asymmetrical waves will be obtained. 1 ohm is fine in each piece for a good shape with 12 V DC source and each set of coils with 7 ohms
    Hello Hanon,

Thanks for your concerns.

I understand what you are saying perfectly well.

What am doing is just a test rig with what I have available...I do have lower values resistors, but not of high wattage.

If resistance is too high I will increase Voltage...until I obtain a Bulb lit at both ends. It is Sunday, so can not just go and get new resistors.

As I also look at your resistors chart with so many variable values...looks like a real nightmare friend!!

I know Figuera's drawing is very simple not only for better understanding, but to put it in the best "general terms" as possible.

I now understand why Marathonman chooses his VERY SIMPLE Core approach wound with Nichrome wire, making a "custom" round rheostat...where the wire windings will actually provide MUCH smoother signal than fixed resistance values...You see, at very high RPM's...these fixed values will never survive keeping an exact "ohms count"...it is based on real experimenting friend, not computer simulations...

[IMG][/IMG]

And as a matter of fact, when higher speed is reached, your bulbs in your video will "barely" light up their filaments.

Now, I see you are adding diodes in your diagram...so you must account for each diode resistance right?

I am really applying what you have mentioned before...the KISS Approach:

[IMG][/IMG]

Then see what I get at low and high ends.

Thanks much for your advice(s), I can see those signals and resistors values graphics have been carefully elaborated.

Regards

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-11-2016, 04:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mario
    replied
    Tswift,

what I said before about connecting the coils out of phase is actually incorrect. While you still can use one signal only you have to drive the coils in sync. Meaning they both have to have their poles in the same direction (not opposing). While during one half cycle the coil on the left is pulling the left PM field towards and beyond the center, the coil on the right is pushing the field of the PM on the right back. Things are reversed during the other half cycle.
    This timing is intended only for a setup where the basic opposing fields are created by opposing PM's which we could call the dc component, where the coils are used for modulation only.

Mario

Leave a comment:

• Elcheapo
    replied
    turns ratio

MM

Something in your demo that doesn't jive.

You say primary coil has 300 turns and secondary has 90 turns.
    That's a turns ratio of 90/300 =.3

Since turns ratios and voltage ratios are always the same and primary
    voltage is 50, then output would only be .3*50= 15 volts.

Leave a comment:

• marathonman
    replied
    Part G

While i won't stop anyone from building what they want, using resistors at 12 volt might be fine for a test rig, it is absolutely insane for a high power rig that puts out kilowatts of power. you cant put amps through a resistor fellas.
    high power resistors are crazy expensive and get hot so you will have to rethink your idea when building those higher power rigs. to me it would be more practical to build part G that could be used for both.

below pic is an idea for you guys off the top of my head that would fulfill your needs.

just a thought.

MM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marathonman; 09-11-2016, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hanon1492
    replied
    Ufo,

If you are going to test shortly the resistors please take into account that Figuera represented a simplified commutator design to “make easy the understanding” as he literally wrote. I guess he could have used one commutator with two resistors arrays in parallel to get symmetrical signal to each set of coils. If you use just one array then the resistance in one side depends on the resistance in the remaining resistors in the other side of the brush contact. Therefore the two waves wont be symmetrical. Using two arrays in parallel you may get independent resistance in each array and therefore we will get symetrical waves. Some posts ago I linked an Excel file simulating one and two resistor arrays.

I know you love asymmetry but in this case I guess we should look for two symmetrical signals !!

BTW , 47 ohms in each step of resistors is huge. I will point more toward 4.7 ohm in each piece or even less, as low as 1 ohm, if you use the same value in all resistor pieces. And if you want to create a perfect sine wave I would use two resistors arrays with values as those included in the attached image

And below the case for just one resistor array, as drawn in the patent. Note that the higher the resistance of each piece the more asymmetrical waves will be obtained. 1 ohm is fine in each piece for a good shape with 12 V DC source and each set of coils with 7 ohms
    Attached Files
    Last edited by hanon1492; 09-11-2016, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Originally posted by marathonman View Post
    Nothing a good shot of whiskey...
    Let me guess...The Old Wild Turkey or Tennessee Jack Daniels ?

try being on OU, that will kill you.

MM
    I don't even "try" going there at all...not enough whiskey, beer or medicine that could do it...

Take care, back to work

Ufopolitics
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-11-2016, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Hanon Video...

Originally posted by Mario View Post
    Can someone please point me Hanon's video you are referring to? thanks.

Mario

Hanon's Post-Video

Video at : https://vimeo.com/178144785

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• marathonman
    replied
    "My pleasure Sir, You do deserve a Big Gold Medal to still stand strong out here, taking all the BS from all of Us..."

Nothing a good shot of whiskey, a beer and 12, 800 milligram Ibuprofen's and shot of Thorazine won't take care of.
    try being on OU, that will kill you.

Mario;
    post 1001, link.

Netica;

part G's core must be higher rating then what your high and low primaries expend. if you are using say five amp for increasing and 2.5 for decreasing electromagnets the part G's core must be higher rating then 750 watt. preferably 500 or more over.

MM
    Last edited by marathonman; 09-11-2016, 02:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mario
    replied
    Can someone please point me Hanon's video you are referring to? thanks.

Mario

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    Not literally, nothing can be cancelled in our UNIVERSE.

all components are there at all times just our equipment we use says zero. very active indeed.
    Completely right MM, nothing actually "cancels" but "evolves-develops" into "something else"...

thank you UFO, much appreciated.

MM
    My pleasure Sir, You do deserve a Big Gold Medal to still stand strong out here, taking all the BS from all of Us...

Regards

Ufopolitics

Leave a comment:

• Netica
    replied
    Thank you marathonman and hanon,

The video was excellent in showing what I was thinking about. Makes things very clear with how this can be set up to vary the current to both primaries.
    It is indeed surprising how slow it can be run to have the desired effect.
    It appears that the faster this is run the less windings will be needed in the G core.

I am wondering if the mass of the G core should be in some way matched to the mass of the primaries especially since many sets of primaries can be used.

Thanks very much for the help in understanding.

Leave a comment:

• marathonman
    replied
    B fields

Not literally, nothing can be cancelled in our UNIVERSE.

all components are there at all times just our equipment we use says zero. very active indeed.

thank you UFO, much appreciated.

why is that translation missing from the translated patent.????

PS. UFO did you see the device i posted on one of your other threads using your asymmetrical motor??? what do you think, is it feasible???

MM
    Last edited by marathonman; 09-11-2016, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ufopolitics
    replied
    I don't think i have ever been given a compliment like in my whole life, I THANK YOU MUCH!
    i guess in my mind i thought i failed in my attempt to pass this information on, guess i was wrong.

QUOTE; "We had for a very long time the very wrong misconception that two opposed B-Fields will "cancel" at their center region...that is a completely wrong concept, they do not cancel!"
    According to William Hooper it does, but that is totally trivial to your outstanding post.

MM
    Marathonman,

You very well deserve those compliments and much more!

You really have Enlightened this Thread!

And yes, they were all wrong...Hooper, Lorentz, etc,etc...they do not cancel.
    Cancelling takes place at attraction, not at repulsion.

I know it is -somehow- annoying and disturbing to hear that...but it is the darn true.

I have built a Generator which depends only on those "Cancelled Forces" to output Energy...

It is just about the Geometrical Disposition of our System which is wrong...not to collect their FULL energy...

But hey, let's keep building the Figuera's Device...

Regards

Ufopolitics

P.D: And do not worry...I will not charge you anything for my Translation into English...so you could keep posting it as many times as you please...
    Last edited by Ufopolitics; 09-11-2016, 01:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X