Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Lester J Hendershot's magnetic generator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey GSM
    Great bit on metal detectors I own a couple of minelabs great machines, I have been planning on winding some specific coils for it but havent got around to it yet.
    Very interesting discussion.
    Thanks

dave
    Half of the Answer is knowing the right Question

Comment

A guy can't change his mind?

Greetings, Graham...

"As to how C1 gets charged: TWO ways, now that I think about it."

What, a guy can't change his mind around here?

Interesting article about the metal detectors, but I kept tripping over the phrase "very weak field" where an object (or person, for that matter) is "pinged" by a coil at a certain field strength to get it to precess, then the coil becomes the receiver to detect the very weak precession signal.

So you're saying the core is being rattled at the molecular level by the resonant field in L2+L3+L4, resulting in electron motion/charge separation in the capacitor, which is then transferred to L1, right?

Seems to me that's pretty much what I described quite a while ago, minus the NMR portion of it, and if at NMR a material emits a WEAK signal, it seems like a lot of trouble to go through to obtain it, unless you can somehow REALLY rattle the hell out of the core to obtain a STRONG signal, in which case it WOULD be worthwhile.

NMR in a 6" diameter, 3" tall coil? REALLY?

I'm not saying Lester DIDN'T manage to do precisely what you're suggesting (unwittingly, of course), but I have to remind myself that his work was performed between the late 1920s and early 1950s. Given the REALLY simple materials of the time, in the hands of a patient, highly observant and creative individual, well, let's face it: he did it! Without semi-conductors, oscilloscopes, DVMs and all the other fancy tools we have in our modern-day world.

Lawrence Rayburn once said (paraphrasing) that we (collectively, who are involved in FE research) spend too much time thinking and analyzing, and not enough time cutting and trying. You know, I think the old guy was right! He once told me that one day he "saw" how the TREC worked, and he then went off and did it. After a whole lot of cutting, trying, tuning and tweaking, he was pulling down 14KW from an antenna connected to a whole lotta cleverly wound coils. Pretty damned impressive for a retired electrician and ham radio operator!

If what I'm seeing in my mind's eye is accurate -- and I'm pretty sure it is -- I think it's time for me to follow ol' Larry's advice. I'll be reporting findings and progress along the way.

Chris

Comment

Hendershot's Ideas....

Hi Graham and others.

I was fascinated by Lester Hendershot's Fuelless Generator, and learned that Mr. Hendershot had other clever gizmos as well.

We have to read up on him and see that he first:
        * made a TOY plane that appeared to power itself (for his son)
        * worked on a LARGER model that was demoed to dignitaries
        including Charles A. Lindgergh.
        * worked on many variants of his so-called Fuelless Generator.

These were NOT the same things ... but may have used some interesting principal that Hendershot found.

I was trying to break this down more simply and was inspired to do this:
        Hendershot's Compass Discovery (more carefully done) - YouTube

Later, I did this which was fascinating:

Magnet - Compass - Solenoids (Hendershot Mystery) - YouTube

You have to realize that Hendershot was not attempting to make a generator. What he was attempting to improve upon was the so called "induction compass", a device used in planes to navigate. It had a crude meter than would tell you to turn left or right to stay on course. Air coming into a special pipe on the plane would SPIN a rotar and the EARTH's magnetic field would be used with a coil to induce a current. You could set a course and stick on it -- like Charles Lindburgh used. Problem was, this was not ideal for airplanes because on different parts of the globe, the Earth's field is different, and their are great big curving fields, etc.

Hendershot was looking to "tweak" things for a more accurate measurement.
        There is a little generator in these induction compasses to MOVE THE NEEDLE. This is lower-power stuff. So how do you get more power?

I'm sure he reasoned that you can either have a moving coil in a stationary magnetic field (to induce current), or you can have a moving magnetic field near a stationary coil. This is a rather obvious relativity idea.

Wouldn't it be cool, if you could easily create MOVING MAGNETIC FIELDS, and just have your coils sitting their making power. There is NO MECHANICAL WEAR. NO INTERTIA? A Rotor in a wind generator has horrible FRICTION ... and wear ... and must physically spin up .. and is slow... etc.
        Magnetic fields, on the other hand, are invisible and are only affected by nearby massive objects or other fields, etc.
        So the geometric challenge and electrical engineering challenge here is to architect a geometric field that spins or wiggles NEAR a coil.

So now we look at Hendrshots interesting horseshoe magnet - SLASH - RELAY - SLASH -- CLAPPER -- SLASH -- WATCH-YOU-MA-CALL-IT.
        What is that thing?

A horseshoe magnet BENDS a magnet so that NORTH and SOUTH faces can be presenting to the same side.
        Let us say that the LEFT side is NORTH and the RIGHT side is SOUTH.
        If you put a coil opposite the NORTH and another opposite the SOUTH,
        you could induce in those coils an opposing or attracting force.
        With that device you can further BEND the natural magnets fields
        OUT to the side of the magnet and not at the face.
        You can further enhance this effect by putting metal BAR in-between
        this arrangement.

Now if you had larger PICK-UP coils for generation that were on the sides of the magnet, you could induce a PUSH-PULL -- WIGGLING magnetic field near these coils and make them oscillate, inducing current ... brought back over to push and pull against your natural horseshoe magnet.

This system, you would think, when left in a faraday cage, and left to quiet down, would not oscillate ... because nothing is shaking it.
        I think that is probably true.

So I suspect that Hendershot has made an oscillator that has LARGE coils, all connected in series to boost "L" -- the inductance -- up to a large value. You also have to use larger gauge wire so that resistance is low. You have to be very clever mechanically.

What a great hobby.

Comment

magnetic tuning...

this was fun too:

"Hendershot Fuelless Generator" - Relay Pulsing (Part 2) - YouTube

Comment

Tuned L-R-C

In basic electronics we learn that the most power can be obtained if your L-R-C circuit (or circuit equiv.) is resonant with whatever frequency your trying to do. For something like a mechanical buzzer, we are talking frequencies that are very low ... 20Hertz .. upwards to 120Hertz. Buzzers can't go much faster.

Further, Hendershot was able to power some household appliances w/o damaging them so his device must have be near 60Hz.

So as you work out your circuit, you want to impedance match that part of it that is low frequency.
            I suppose there could be multiple oscillations across the spectrum ... harmonics ... which certainly happens in nature with many things.
            But the buzzer thing is low frequency.

I just wanted to pass along that insight so that some of you don't waste time creating coils that are going to DAMPEN your results.
            Think LARGE inductance here ... low resistance, LARGE capacitance... and practice safe-circuits with this stuff. Hendershot zapped himself silly many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave45 View Post
              Hey GSM
              Great bit on metal detectors I own a couple of minelabs great machines, I have been planning on winding some specific coils for it but havent got around to it yet.
              Very interesting discussion.
              Thanks

dave
              Hi Dave,

When I first built the ferrite sleeve inductors I became amazed at how intense the magnetic fields were, also how well coupled with free space they are too. The resonant RF magnetic fields generated by a larger diameter of one of these loops (up to 24" known constructed within a wreath case) can invisibly boost AM radio reception by inductive coupling through walls from another room.

Where resonance is of prime importance then solid inductor cores, and sleeveless plain wire inductors too, are so long overdue in becoming ancient history ! (Except for UHF+ and impulse technologies.)

Notice in that video I linked -
              7" Longwave Ferrite Sleeve Loop Antenna Demonstration - YouTube
              how Gary has his FS Loops mounted 4 to 5 feet above ground level on plastic frames in order to keep the magnetic fields generated by the sleeve from becoming degraded though imbalanced loss effects, for any nearby metal objects significantly shift the resonant peak. Not hard to imagine that these would work excellently with phase discriminating metal detector circuitry. Hendershot generators need to be similarly raised above ground too, and kept away from wires; they would never work on a metal workbench, nor even on a wooden bench or table with drawers beneath full of metal tools or cutlery !

I'm not trying to respond especially to you here Dave; merely trying to encourage everyone to become 'hands-on', and start constructing 'coils', for the way the non-elected ones who give themselves rights to decree are closing more and more power stations, and knowingly heading us into trouble by not first organising alternative generating capacity to be available through the colder chemtrail winters they are also causing, means we are going to need to look out for out individual selves, families and communities !

Gary shows the FS Loop RF field being inductively coupled into his portable receiver, and yet of course even his radio is creating field disturbance and transduction loss.

The best way to couple with the energy of any resonant coil is electrically via feeder cable to another winding centre balanced over the energised coil/ core, or, via planetary winding(s) on other (or many) external satellite core(s) in symmetrical parallel alignment, such that a fixed mutual coupling arrangement may be established with minimum impingement upon core field congruity through disturbance of spatial fields.
              Both techniques being used by Lester in his generator, and so what might a ring of six or eight synchronously cross coupled Hendershot cylinder assemblies generate ?

If a 3 to 8" diameter FS Loop is wound with say 20 to 10 turns and tuned with a 100pF variable, their 'Q' is so high that they can still be peak tuned upon a single AM broadcast carrier frequency in the 49 metre band !
              Also if but one end of such a tuned assembly is short crock clip lead connected to the collapsed telescopic antenna of a SW portable, with the other tuning capacitor connected coil end left free in open 'air', then in urban surroundings this is better than having a full size external antenna with ATU, because these compact antennas not only generate output with respect to their local noisy free space environment, but they retain full figure-of-eight capabilities for deep computer PSU noise nulling etc.

Sleeve core inductors are a most interesting way of learning about electromagnetic relationships, though not the other scalar/ longitudinal EM radiation relationships. Kapanadze has been using sleeve cores too - to energise NMR within a centred (concealed) shorted turn metal ring, whereas Lester's core material was appropriate for both functions.

Also, as Kapanadze and the powerful MRI Unit inductors already do, I think we should look towards running Hendershot investigations with the coil axes horizontal so that any LF core fields do not unipolarly penetrate and locally vibrate the Earth's mantle with respect to free space.

Wow the Sun is out, so I'll be back later.

Cheers ......... Graham.
              Last edited by GSM; 10-06-2012, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I am indebted to 'Crusty' who forwarded this file link today. Thank You Crusty.

http://www.overunity.de/downloads/sa/downfile/id/14/

Check out the C1 long foil tabs emerging from the bottom of both coils !

Is this the foil which collects internally radiated charge and maintains oscillation ? Thus being both an essential input trigger terminal, as well as for observing feedback via a HiZ scope probe ?

See Crusty's own circuit drawing which he traced from the photos of this Aho generator, that might have been a self runner, if only temporary.

Is that a radio or amplifier to the right of the main board, used to listen for oscillation start-up and tuning ?
                An AM radio is something I have used in the past to show whether an audio amplifier output stage is momentarily 'squegging' reactively on transients.

Good to see your links too Morpher. I studied your Hendershot vids back in 2009-10, and yes there is much to consider in relation to Lester's NOT simplistic buzzers.

Cheers ............ Graham.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by GSM; 10-06-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

If coil is stationary what is rotating and moving through cosmos ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                    If coil is stationary what is rotating and moving through cosmos ;-)
                    The coil in a synchronous motor is stationary !
                    What is rotating - the field;
                    so physically moving - the rotor.

The field wave along the Hendershot coil is cycling longitudinally (capacitors and L2.L3.L4), but also with coincidental standing wave oscillating (L1) phonically related to physical length of core, and the shorted turn.
                    so physically moving - the molecular/atomic domains of already precessing electron orbits.
                    Last edited by GSM; 10-06-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Let's look bigger scope.... Earth is rotating, someone says its magnetic field is rotating too, but the fact is - it doesn't matter if it's rotating or not, because here we are all bond to gravity field and are in the same point of reference so any current induced in wire by Earth field is not visible unless.... you know what Hendershot,Hubbard,Ed Leedscalnin, C.Amman, Clemente Figuera (known as Figueras) knew in period between 1900 and 1939, and of course thousands of other inventors later....

From all those I think Hendershot gone far in explaining the principle. Levitation inside wires . Most probably related to standing electric waves, because Tesla described how he thought about a metalic ring rotating above equator around Earth...

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                        Let's look bigger scope .... Earth ... here we are all bond to gravity field ... I think Hendershot gone far in explaining the principle. Levitation inside wires ... Most probably related to standing electric waves ...
                        Yes and no !

Instead of gravity field - yes - think atomic relationships;
                        levitation inside wires - no - inside the core;
                        standing electric waves - yes - plus phonic vibration within core;
                        and energy released - yes - like an electromagnetic earthquake !

Cheers ........... Graham.

Comment

Hi Chris,

Apologies for delay in getting back to you. I am trying to catch up on posts after replying first to some other recently introduced communications.

Re your last - I might sometimes be wordy, but I'm no academion, and managed to not use 10,000 words replying to Boguslaw !

I think that finding suitable core material and thickness is crucial in this design.

Hendershot is reported to have used an old fashioned tin can in earlier versions of his generator. It was better known in the 1930's than now that tin can be electromagnetically induced to become artificially radioactive, whereupon that radioactivity could empower surrounding circuitry in much the same way as if radium had been used.

Lester's tinned cans 'stopped working'; we are told he thought this due to moisture from his hand-made capacitor affecting the can.
                          Did he not have any celluliod already available ?

Artificially induced radiation is however via an irreversible atomic change of the atoms within molecules; ie; the 'active' tin is consumed in a manner which might well make it appear as if corroded, and thus it would actually need to be replaced with fresh tin, just as in nuclear generators.

So if his tin cans had stopped working, then this was proof that ordinary thin sheet steel would not work either because it was not the iron atoms/ molecules alone powering his own specific arrangement.
                          Maybe this is why Lester moved on to the chromium-steel, seeking another electromagneticly resonatable/ energisable crystalline composite ?

Using your terminology of "rattled" - yes that was exactly what was happening to the core (not the wire), and is this not exactly what Aho reported feeling when he squeezed a core assembly in order to tune a generator into life ? !!!

The length of L2 - I'm guessing is circa 65 feet, only. On both halves of the circuit diagram these L2 windings are connected directly to a high impedance transformer primary; hence with the core being a shorted turn and the L2 not capacitively tuned, these L2 windings are a transducer rather than resonator. The capacitor tuned L1 core overwind is likely to have a much greater influence upon L2 than other aspects. L2 then works in association with L3 and L4 via the phase shifting capacitors.

That hand wound capacitor.
                          As you say - a real biggie - for us anyway.
                          Also as Crusty has noted - its third long C1 element electrode terminal WAS used, and as other drawings clearly show it was paper insulated from the metal core.

As you wrote about this Hendershot device Chris - "the next step is in experimenting ..."

However you then mentioned a TREC (?), and if some arrangement can already pull 14kW out of the 'air' then we are wasting our time here !
                          Any validated leads on that one ?

Regarding your mention of Lawrence Rayburn - I disagree.
                          I have witnessed people wasting literally countless hours empirically trying and re-trying experiments because they have not known what they are doing.
                          We need to understand what we are doing before we can make any device work - like Lester did via his own unaligned thought processes.
                          That 'toy' aeroplane of his (which set all of this off) was an imagineering masterpiece, and I wonder where it is today.

Cheers .......... Graham.
                          Last edited by GSM; 10-07-2012, 12:27 PM.

Comment

"Where's the Beef?"

Hi Graham,

For now, it might be best if we simply agree to disagree on the importance of the core material. Devices like the TREC use no core at all, yet capture and make available thousands of watts of usable energy. With ALL such devices, one MUST ask the question, "What, precisely, *IS* the energy source?" It doesn't just manifest out of thin air (unless you're on the Board of the Federal Reserve -- sorry, couldn't resist that one), so to put it another way, "Where's the Beef?"

Many of the so-called FE devices, including those by Hubbard, Stubblefield, Perrigo, Moray, Perrault and others, have been linked with the use of mildly radioactive materials. Whether by natural means or artificially induced, those various isotopes ARE the fuel, and like any other form of fuel, must be periodically replaced. The next questions then become, at what level of safety, and at what cost?

The TREC takes a different approach. Here's a simple experiment you can try: stick an antenna up into the air and connect to it a spectrum analyzer. What do you see? You see small "bits" of energy all across the spectrum. You see electrical "noise" in the atmosphere, generated by both natural and man-made sources, across an enormous range of frequencies. THERE'S THE BEEF. So how do you tap into that? The short answer is "with miles of wire, in the form of coils tuned to certain bandwidths. A complete answer requires a protracted explanation, which I must reserve for another time, but suffice to say that it can and HAS been done.

One fascinating aspect of the TREC is that it BUILDS UP that energy over a relatively short period of time, which then CIRCULATES through the device AND THE LOAD, while simultaneously adding a small amount of energy back into the system as it's operating.

Now I ask you: Is this not exactly what the Hendershot device is doing on a much smaller scale? You have two resonant LCR circuits, constructed in such a manner that it cannot help but operate in a resonant, see-saw kind of way, that receives an energetic boost via the magnetic circuit, at LEAST once, if not twice, per AC cycle, which then flows through the load, and continues BACK into the system. Further, if the energy being added to the system exceeds the amount being used, has our goal not been reached? If you're adding, say, .003 watts PER CYCLE in a system operating at 100KHz, do you not have 300 watts of available energy? And assuming you're using just a bit less than that 300 watts, is not enough energy available in the system to sustain its oscillations, AND to then add another .003 watts of energy per cycle back into the system?

No, my friend, Lester's ingenious device is no longer a mystery to me in terms of how it operates, but as how to best construct the circuitry for optimal performance. It does not require deep thinking of modern physics, spin precession, radiation, et. al., ad nauseam. In essence, Lester's device is nothing more than a sharply tuned oscillator which adds a bit of fresh "juice" with every cycle. One's WiFi router or a nearby radio station's transmitter could provide enough initial energy to get the oscillations going (though it might take a while to get started). The "secret" is in his magnetic "buzzer." It simply needs to add a feeble pulse of energy induced by the magnet's flux through the buzzer coils, every time a wave passes through those coils, which causes a make and break of the magnetic circuit. THERE'S THE BEEF. So pull up a chair and enjoy your steak.

The "devil," as always, is in the details. Hairline adjustments of the various components, impedance matching EVERYTHING, etc. -- but it's not magic, it's simple, if not ingenious, electronics, of the level that a sharp high school student could achieve. I can now hear the roar of the crowd in the forum: "Okay, Chris, put your money where your mouth is! Build it! Let's see it work!"

As Tony DiNozzo (NCIS, Tuesdays on CBS) would say, "Workin' on it, Boss."

Chris

Comment

Oh Chris - I think you are in for a head slap !

Those cored buzzer coils are likely to be in the 10mH inductance range, each, thus with impedance circa 16,000 ohms at 100kHz !

Do you have a link for that 'TREC' device, for no matter how many uV/m spikes you can see on a spectrum analyser, there is no POWER to be had from any such received signals !

Sadly so much disinfo abounds with the deliberate intention of engaging classically educated minds !

Cheers ......... Graham.
                              Last edited by GSM; 10-07-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Thwack!!

Hi Graham,

Sure, it's possible that his buzzer coils may have had a fairly high impedance, we just don't know the wire size, number of turns, etc. so we have no way of knowing fore sure. Nor do we know how often the buzzer contributed to the overall energy. I did a quick calculation just to see what might be possible. I came up with .5 volts at 6mA to reach .003 watts, which came out to 83.33 ohms - which might be reasonable, I'd have to investigate to see what wire size could produce those values.

As for the thwack on the back of the head, yeah, it dawned on me that there's no way in hell the mechanical buzzer could operate at 100KHz, so indeed, thwack! UNLESS, the buzzer did NOT operate in a mechanical make/break fashion, but instead operated PURELY by an increase in flux density, which is ENTIRELY possible, e.g., like the MEG, Flynn, or similar. It's entirely possible that the two buzzer coils could be injecting one helluva big spike, far less often. I still say it's a sound concept. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it."

As for the TREC, send me your e-mail address in a PM, I've got a sizable RTF file with all the posts collected over several years relating to the project.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X