Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr Lester J Hendershot's magnetic generator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Boguslaw,

I don't think that the Hendershot generator runs at the sort of frequencies associated with spark gap technologies, and it is possible the longitudinal resonance induced within the core could be 30 to 60kHz, so although I suggested a modulated RF generator, it would need to be one running at low RF frequencies, or even be an audio generator having extended HF range. Besides, the TV frame output transformers would still be useful at this sort of frequency, whereas the cores used in mains transformers would be much more lossy.

Also whilst lamps would still run at that frequency your question about other equipment is most valid, because 'no' - a 50-60Hz modulated carrier is quite unlike 50-60Hz mains, and coiled wire heaters might have a self inductance which would effectively reduce their dissipation.

The Thomas Edison observations related to vibration are new to me and likely require further investigation, especially if this related to the vibration of 'magnetic domains'.

Hi Chris.

You know what, I have mused so much about this I find it difficult to find any starting point.

I have not heard of any works by Joseph Cater either, so obviously my studies must continue.

Re the magnet keeper; obviously to maintain maximum field when not in use, for the gap could not have been completely closed during operation.

Also yes, I believe the mass resonance would have been at a carrier frequency, with the those 40uF capacitors able to introduce phase change at such frequency.
    Another reason why I think a travelling wave is longitudinally induced within the core is due to the twice phase shifted low impedance outputs of T1/2 being fed to L3 windings with respect to L2 and the single phase shifted drive to L4.

Anyone have an original Hendershot generator I can get my hands on, or even if I might directly question any owner of same to fill in some of the blanks ?

Is Mark Hendershot still alive and amenable to open source questions, for there is no way I would be willing to do this in a non-public way ?
    If yes, does Mark communicate via the internet ?

Cheers ............. Graham.

Comment

a starting point?

Graham,

Perhaps as a starting point, you could present all of your "surmisings" (if that's a word!) and thoughts about how the device might work. I think I've presented my case fairly well, and clearly there's lots of room for improvement. I'm so-so in the electronics department, but I don't hold a general class radio license; pretty much everything I know is self-taught.

I don't recall reading anything about the keeper being removed during operation, but it's clearly drawn in nearly all the schematics, hence my question.

There appears to be a great deal of phase shifting taking place, which leaves me wondering if that's how Lester approached this thing ab initio. Add a little inductance here, a little capacitance there, until voltage and current were back in sync, with a power factor pretty close to one. Hmm?

You might try locating Mark, last I heard he was still alive and kicking. From the pictures I last saw back in the mid 90s, I'd say he's probably in his late 40s, maybe even early 50s at present. Best of luck trying to find an original device, however. Mark is probably the ONLY source.

As mentioned, I'd very much enjoy hearing your analysis of the schematics...

Chris

Comment

Cater's device

P.S. You can find a good write-up of Joseph Cater's device in Patrick Kelly's e-book, Chapter 5. http://free-energy-info.co.uk/index.html. It starts on page 138.

Comment

Aho notes.

http://www.hyiq.org/Library/Downloads/Alex's-Hendershot-Collection/1968_-_Arthur_C._Aho_-_Energy_Unlimited_-_A_Case_for_Space.pdf

Comment

This is thread related to Edison etheric force. He was not alone to find this. Yes, I believe he found radio waves but it's properties from "near field" or longitudinal waves.

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...an-1872-a.html

This is old thread related to Hendershot:

http://www.energeticforum.com/renewa...lications.html

Before you dismiss Edison discovery read carefully what he published as a response to critics. I found it startling, almost thought he lied us.What if not ?

Read the text from picture. More interesting details can be found in Edison papers but it's hard to decode handwritten text.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the links Boguslaw. I will study these next.

I've checked out earlier links but found nothing similar to Hendershot's work.
              No other devices had phased windings over a core capable of generating a longitudinal phonic (domain matter) oscillation within that core.

Such a standing longitudinal wave would be capable of vibrating magnetic domains (electron spin orbit alignments) beneath L2 in a manner beyond the simple electron precession of a normally induced L2 alternating field, thus into a transducible magnetic spin field, or limited NMR ?

I note from the Aho link I added that the generator output was circa 60Hz, though whether plain AC or a modulated carrier is not stated. Also I don't accept Aho's words about the manner in which he suggested the capacitors were working - too esoteric and lacking in fundamental detail.

As long as we search for the aetherial which commercially funded 'experts' claim exists - then we will never succeed.

Cheers ............. Graham.
              Last edited by GSM; 10-04-2012, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Wtf

I have just lost a lengthy and detailed post here.

I must quickly make written notes and repeat later.

This has happened to me before via this forum ?????

Comment

Originally posted by boguslaw View Post
                  This is thread related to Edison etheric force.

Before you dismiss Edison discovery read carefully what he published as a response to critics. I found it startling, almost thought he lied us.What if not ?

Read the text from picture. More interesting details can be found in Edison papers but it's hard to decode handwritten text.
                  Everything in our world is of electromagnetic form and relationship = atomic/ electron relationships.
                  Combustion is an electromagnetic reaction, explainable via the language of Chemistry, but also via atomic Physics where molecular changes accompany entropy change with electron separations or combination and/or ion/ plasma generation.
                  Edison is so correct in his statement that only electricity (electrons) could be involved, but electrons are of matter, NOT an imaginary aether.

Cheers .......... Graham.
                  Last edited by GSM; 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Life's little frustrations

Graham,

I have also had my share of editing glitches. Hopefully the people at Jelsoft are aware of these problems. I hope you were able to regain your thoughts, I'm anxiously awaiting to read them. For such deep posts, I might suggest using Notepad or other plain text editor as the primary tool, followed by a copy and paste of your text into this forum's editor. If "feces occurs," at least your work is preserved in Notepad.

I wish to make a correction to my earlier analogue of the Hendershot device. Rather than the "two people in a bathtub" approach, I think it's better expressed as two children on a see-saw. This implies a 180 degree phase difference at the L2 coils; while one is at its peak, the other is at its trough, and vice versa. It follows that the resonant frequency of the two coils must be very nearly identical, with only the most minute phase shifting permissible. Further, the L1/C1 pairs become the "children," if you will, to "push back" at the right time in order to maintain the oscillation.

I'm still "processing" the notion that a near 60Hz carrier wave is being modulated at the L2 resonant frequency. How that 60Hz is being generated is somewhat of a mystery given the small inductance and capacitance values being used. The "buzzer" seems to be the only point at which such a low frequency can be generated, and then the question becomes, is it really a sine wave, or some "spikey" looking waveform due to the mechanical make-and-break nature of the thing? More questions....

I do agree with you about Aho's commentary, albeit with some reservation, since consciousness *IS* the true "final frontier." However, I won't digress into that discussion on this thread, as it's vitally important to stay on topic and highly focused on the task at hand.

More to come....
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
                      Graham,

Rather than the "two people in a bathtub" approach, I think it's better expressed as two children on a see-saw. This implies a 180 degree phase difference at the L2 coils; while one is at its peak, the other is at its trough, and vice versa. It follows that the resonant frequency of the two coils must be very nearly identical, with only the most minute phase shifting permissible. Further, the L1/C1 pairs become the "children," if you will, to "push back" at the right time in order to maintain the oscillation.

Chris
                      The axial field within a core is 180 degrees out of phase with the tubular field outside of the windings, and the current within the wire is 90 degrees shifted with respect to either field at resonance.

The fields of these assemblies would be considerable with circa 100V being generated, and I am open to a see-sawing of energy, but not via a carrier frequency difference between the cores/ windings, because their fields are so closely situated they would have unavoidably high mutual coupling.

Can anyone else help out here ?

So my thoughts run to either sidebands or a circular interaction, with the 90 degree lead of one coil output referenced against a system virtual balanced zero point, driving the load against a 90 degree zero referenced lag from the other coil, and vice-versa via normal field alternation, with the cyclic core loading of both assemblies at 0 and 180 degrees being minimal so that both the coherent and sequential regeneration of oscillation and output can continue ?

I am short of time - notes made to add, but wanted to reply to your post Chris, and keep the brainstorming from flat-lining.

Cheers ......... Graham.
                      Last edited by GSM; 10-05-2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Going through my notes;

The core - 32 thou stainless steel sheet, likely capable of attracting a magnet, cut to size suitable for making the sleeve core, and with a silver soldered seam ?
                        If soldered then the core was definitely a shorted turn, and if soldered why would the core look as if it had a taped join in a couple of photographs.
                        Mark Hendershots own construction does not even show a core, and there is no way one of these generators could operate without one.

Many folk mention 500kHz related to Lester's capabilities, or said to be the generator's frequency of operation just below the broadcast band, however I cannot see anything in this circuit capable of resonating circa 500kHz, whether naturally, or via tuning.
                        L1 was measured at 120uH. During energised operation this figure might well be greater and so when tuned with the hand made 7,800pF capacitor could be tuning around 100 to 120kHz (below the European LW band), or lower.
                        Around this frequency might turn out to be a second harmonic to the first phonic longitudinal resonance of the core, and thus tie in with Lester's coil winding arrangements whereby L1 and L2 are over one half of the core, whilst the phase transforming coils L3 and L4 are over the other; these pairings separated by the harmonic vibration mode null.

C1 - why hand make this component, for at RF it must posses a decidedly low Q, and thus better be replaced by the much higher quality standard components already available in radio shops ?
                        The long and not-connected strip of C1 was wound directly against the stainless steel core though separated by paper insulation. The strips of this capacitor are aluminium, a common metal which releases electron charge when impinged upon by emanations from atomic modification and energetic EM radiation; thus yet more reason to consider either fully rotational orbit spin of sleeve core electrons, or NMR induced within core !
                        Excess electron charge actively induced within the long strip would also be alternated between the C1 terminals and thereafter across L1 under the directing influence of the cylindrical magnetic field alternating longitudinally with respect to the core's outer circumference. Thus correctly phased connections would be essential between C1 and L1, for this might well prove to be THE potential source of RF field regeneration, and thus electrical output !

Remember folks you read these aspects here first, and as of today already having prior Worldwide publication, so the scum First to File Patent scammers will no longer be able to claim commercial originality and novelty - for truly - these have always belonged to the so long ago reported sole inventor - Lester Hendershot.

Cheers ............... Graham.
                        Last edited by GSM; 10-05-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Yikes!

Jesus Christ, Graham, it's taking me longer and longer to absorb and understand your posts. Either I'm an idiot or you've become an academician on me. Yikes!

Don't misunderstand, I love where you're going with all of this. It's brilliant! It's just that I tend to adhere to Einstein's philosophy, to paraphrase, it shouldn't require ten thousand words to explain a simple concept!

Okay, so let's tear apart your last post so that I can wrap my feeble mind around it:

1. You're saying 32/1000" (.032") stainless steel sleeve. I think I suggested 2/1000" (.002") garden variety (non-stainless). First of all, you're not going to "solder" either one, nor are you going to weld them. You might be able to braze it into a tubular shape. Yes, I'm being rather picky with terminology, but there are distinct differences in all three techniques (welding, brazing and soldering) and simply wish to avoid confusion.

As for the material thickness, IMHO, the thinner the better, since there's less matter involved to become magnetized, hence a speedier magnetization rate, and likely less current required to achieve magnetization. Am I right on this?

As for the "tube" being "solid" (shorted turn) or having a gap or slit down the side, I would intuitively vote for the latter, but perhaps we should discuss the pros and cons of both techniques.

2. Operating frequency vs. 500 KHz. As I recall, the story was that Lester could intuitively peel off the proper amount of wire from a reel for a desired frequency, in one case, this being 500KHz (which would seem to imply that Lester knew a thing or two about radio!) I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment, but perhaps we should examine the wire length of L2, since its resonant frequency will be determined by that length (in an air core coil, anyway).

3. Hand wound C1. Ah, here's the biggie! First, the salient points: A) Yes, the material was aluminum, chemically treated to cause surface pitting, thus creating a larger surface area and thus a higher capitance; B) In response to "The long and not-connected strip of C1 was wound directly against the stainless steel core though separated by paper insulation." Graham! Really? If there were a paper sheet separating the stainless steel from the aluminum strip, then the two were NOT in physical contact! Let's look at this another way.

Current flows through L2 by which we establish its electric and magnetic field components. My sense of it is that C1 is being charged SOLELY by L2's E field. With C1 charged, L1/C1 can now "push back" (as a current source) through L2. In other words, it's keeping the swing moving at "no charge" (pardon the bad pun!)

NMR? Hmm. Maybe, but I thought iron's NMR was up around 6MHz. Even harmonically, that's a helluva long way up the chain.

Now here's a kick in the pants for you. I seem to recall that both Searl AND Otis T. Carr used stand-alone LC circuits in their EM/ES craft. In other words, an L and a C connected in parallel with no electrical connection to any further circuitry -- but with a definite magnetic connection via anther coil. Wild, eh? It appears that this method was devised LONG before you and I came on the scene!

Damn, if Project Pegasus was real and still exists today, I want to go back in time and meet these guys!

So yes, it would seem we're on the right track. I say the next step is some experimenting...

Chris

PS. Looks like somebody gave this thread a 5-star rating... cool
                          Last edited by ChrisW; 10-05-2012, 04:16 PM. Reason: missing word in sentence!

Comment

Hi Chris,

I never realised that stainless steel was available so readily.
                            I guess near to 32 thou would be 0.7 and 0.9mm sheet.
                            stainless steel sheet plate 100mm x 100mm x 3mm 304 2b finish items in inspiredsteel store on eBay!
                            Also silver solder for joining stainless steel is readily available, and not expensive either.
                            Silver solder is the cool way to join stainless steel without changing its homogenuity (magnetic characteristics).
                            Shorted turn or not, it would not be difficult to try both.

L2 is part of the power circuit and not 'doing' the tuning. Tuning is related to L1 and C1 - as adjusted by Lester using tiny compression clamps.

Re your vision of C1 charging; I would ask "how?"
                            C1 foils run against a common foil, and are not connected to anything else.
                            Also their closeness of proximity causes a (shunting) RF impedance much lower than would be the case with a field energisable coil winding.

What I suggest is that it is the capacitor foil which could transduce induced core emanations, and I'm not sure where that 6MHz figure comes from.

Cheers ............ Graham.
                            Last edited by GSM; 10-05-2012, 05:31 PM.

Comment

"There's plenty, you know!"

Hi Graham,

You can also find steel shim stock (which IS magnetic) in many widths, lengths and thicknesses. To quote Eddie Murphy in the film "Coming to America'" "There's plenty, you know!"

Hmm! Hadn't considered silver soldering, though I suspect it'd take some substantial heat to do it on steel.

So, you don't think the L1/C1 + L2 form a resonant circuit? I'll bet they do! Consider: a basket weave coil is going to have a REALLY sharp resonance point. Getting TWO of them to resonate at the SAME frequency would VERY difficult (especially without a variable cap for tuning), so it makes perfect sense that Lester would have to hand-tweak the coils.

As to how C1 gets charged: TWO ways, now that I think about it. First is through inductance via L1 (albeit at a pretty low voltage and current level), but also by L2's E-field! I did thing quick experiment a year or so ago: I took a PVC coil form, wrapped it first with a non-shorting length of copper foil, over that some paper, then over that, a hundred or so turns of magnet wire. I connected the coil to my signal generator, put my scope ground on the SG's ground, and the scope probe on the copper foil. Voila! That signal appeared on the copper foil, sharp and clear. Now this is undoubtedly not enough evidence to say that C1 would get a REAL charge this way, but it does seem to comport with Daniel McFarland Cook's phase-flipped "transformers" and some of the coil/capacitor hybrids that have been researched here and on other fora. It gives me every reason to believe that there's something to the concept that bears further investigation.

Well, I just read the last line of your post: "What I suggest is that it is the capacitor foil which could transduce induced core emanations." Hmm. Didn't I just say that?

As for the 6MHz, look up the NMR frequency of iron -- mmm...maybe it's copper I'm thinking of... but that number seems to be stuck in my head for some reason, related to something I must have read at one time about ferromagnetic resonance.

I've never quite wrapped my mind around the "virtual ground" idea. I know Dollard has talked about it, maybe you or someone here could expound on this a bit. It makes me think it's somehow highly frequency-dependent.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisW View Post
                                Hi Graham,

Well, I just read the last line of your post: "What I suggest is that it is the capacitor foil which could transduce induced core emanations." Hmm. Didn't I just say that?

As for the 6MHz, look up the NMR frequency of iron -- mmm...maybe it's copper I'm thinking of... but that number seems to be stuck in my head for some reason, related to something I must have read at one time about ferromagnetic resonance.

Chris
                                No. You wrote -
                                "My sense of it is that C1 is being charged SOLELY by L2's E field."

Geotech - Technology for Treasure Hunting
                                What I am suggesting is down to oscillated domains of magnetically induced electron precessions plus induced spin orbit changes to atomic relationships within the molecular body of the core; these radiating directly into the insulated long aluminium strip, which develops electron charge that is synchronously dielectrically alternated between C1/2 terminals into L1 windings.
                                Not from L2 E field, but from a resonantly phased L2+3+4 longitudinal spin wave induced within the core.

Cheers .......... Graham.

Comment

Working...
                                X