Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikhail Dmitriyev - Input 1000 W, Output near 3000 W.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little bit of progress, the engineering company have manufactured a mock up of one of the four magnet bearing caps.

Each bearing cap holds 18 x N52 grade neodymium ring magnets 22.9mm OD x 4.9mm thickness x 16mm ID

So 36 magnets per end of shaft.

The magnets will be arranged like this:

6 x 6 magnets all in repulsion.

I have already designed numerous ways of ensuring they overcome Earnshaw's Theorum. Just got to figure out the best way. In my head this is arranging the array with North and South, North and South, North and South in a loop on all four magnet caps.

The gap on this magnet gap around the shaft is currently 2.45mm

Myself and the engineering company have agreed to increase this to 5mm to allow more tolerance.

All 6 holes are going to be broached so the magnets are exposed.

The shaft magnets are to be held in place and in repulsion by using a shaft made from threaded bar.

Two threaded collars allow the magnets to be positioned and held in repulsion to the same pattern.

The magnet end caps will be bolted together and the magnets guided with 16mm shafts.

These magnets are very powerful for their size.

I estimate the shaft should hold 20kg minimum in levitation without deviation.
    Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-11-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Here are three of the magnets pictured:

Comment

• [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNUjWDCVJ1E[/VIDEO]

I’ve just completed my 2nd prototype with success!

The first mod I’m going to make is to eliminate the only friction point and make the shaft in complete levitation and stable to hold a lot of weight.

I have just purchased 4 x 60mm x 30mm 120kg magnets to add 2 onto the shaft and the other two to be adjustable in repulsion.

I estimate that these bearings would almost be able to hold Mikhail's prototype 11 in total levitation, taking the COP to a completely new level.

The mechanism that drives the motor generator could also benefit from magnetic gears:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_gear

"Such devices were invented Armstrong, C. G., 1901, “Power Transmitting Device”, U.S. Pat. No. 0,687,292"

Comment

• Here is what the shaft currently weighs:

Picture of one of one of the new magnets:

Last edited by soundiceuk; 05-29-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X