Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Type Of Ram Pump

Hi all

just thought that this might be a good topic and stir the inventive minds here in the forum.

I have often thought that an old tech "300+ years" like this might be our saving. Here is a link which explains things very well and brings us up to date, I just wonder if we can improve on this!!!

Enjoy

http://freeenergynews.com/Directory/...evice_21pp.pdf

Mike

Just did a quick skim through but it's got 'Wow' written all over it I recall some years ago reading about a device some farmers were using that could pump water uphill with no electrical power or otherwise being used. I wonder if it was of a similar concept. Having done all the plumbing in two houses I'm quite familiar with 'water hammer'. My last house I put a big vertical 2" diameter chamber a couple feet high on the incoming line to prevent all water hammer issues. Most often washing machines cause the biggest problem with that. It sounds like water hammer may be a blessing in disguise.
    Last edited by ewizard; 05-31-2012, 05:34 PM.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Comment

Originally posted by ewizard View Post
      Just did a quick skim through but it's got 'Wow' written all over it I recall some years ago reading about a device some farmers were using that could pump water uphill with no electrical power or otherwise being used. I wonder if it was of a similar concept. Having done all the plumbing in two houses I'm quite familiar with 'water hammer'. My last house I put a big vertical 2" diameter chamber a couple feet high on the incoming line to prevent all water hammer issues. Most often washing machines cause the biggest problem with that. It sounds like water hammer may be a blessing in disguise.
      Yes ram pumps have been around for a long time, but this is a little different, look up ram pumps on the net. The problem with them is they use water or waste it, this does not, just uses the ocean currents and multiplies the power or it could be in a river or stream. The important part is the power increase, this is not over unity as you need the flow input to start it off, but I believe it still has a long way to go in the future "even better designs".

The interesting thing is it is not expensive to build and all you need is a perminent stream nearby as the input power and the unit will multiply the power to drive a turbine "turbines would normally need a minimum of head of water to work". I take my hat off to the good thinking on a 300 year old invention remodeled so as not to waste water and work on a near flat plane.

Mike

Comment

P.S.

Just look at the payback time at todays costs "2 years" got to be good.

Mike

Comment

Ram Pump Philippines

World Challenge 2010: Ram Pump - The Only Way IS... UP! Vote Now - YouTube

Comment

Nice

Now with a few more changes I wonder what else can be done "generate electricity!". Come on guys lets see what we can do!!!!!!!!

Mike

Comment

ramp pump

Originally posted by Michael John Nunnerley View Post
              Now with a few more changes I wonder what else can be done "generate electricity!". Come on guys lets see what we can do!!!!!!!!

Mike
              Since the ram pump is not overunity - is there any benefit to using this for generating electricity compared to simply generating electricity from the water with currently available water powered generators?

The part of the ramp pump where the air is pressurized - that could have some kind of diaphragm at the top connected to a shaft with magnets that goes out through the top to generate electricity by moving up and down through a coil or could be connected to a locomotive type mechanism that turns a generator.
              Sincerely,
              Aaron Murakami

Books & Videos https://emediapress.com
              Conference http://energyscienceconference.com
              RPX & MWO http://vril.io

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                Since the ram pump is not overunity - is there any benefit to using this for generating electricity compared to simply generating electricity from the water with currently available water powered generators?

The part of the ramp pump where the air is pressurized - that could have some kind of diaphragm at the top connected to a shaft with magnets that goes out through the top to generate electricity by moving up and down through a coil or could be connected to a locomotive type mechanism that turns a generator.
                The ram pump is a force multiplyer. A turbine for generating electricity needs a minimum head of water to work, so a slow running stream would not work, but place a ram pump in the stream and connect the output to a turbine you will have enough force to turn that turbine.

Now the question is, and it does not seem to have been done, can we produce a loop and create our input flow from an excess of force produced. Note I use the word force. The new pumps with turbines which have been tested, produce vast amounts of electric. These pumps use the pressure difference as well as current movement in the sea, but could also work at the bottom of a deep well.

Read the link that I gave in the opening post, look at the new pump design towards the end of the PDF and also the calculations and the fact that no laws are broken, the extra force comes from pressure differencials and a small flow through current. The new design of the input valve creates a volume difference in the input pipe, this has stopped the waste water and has increased the performance of the pump.

I will look for more information and post it later

Mike

Comment

Hmmmm locked down

The more I look for information the more it seems this has been locked down so it will not be used.

The patent number has been removed on the paper I have presented and when I did find a number it no longer exists or has been removed, Hmmm. On looking up the inventors name "Valentin Kutienkov" I can get to a page which will offer the patent for a cost of "BILLIONS OF EUROS". so it will never be used.

On talking to Siemens I got the run around, not that it did not exist but that the information is confidencial Hmmmm. the lid has been firmly put on this.

I do have a phone number for the inventor but I will not post it here

Will give more information as I find it

Mike

Comment

For sale here

IP-Marketplace

Mike

Comment

I have researched this for a while and I am certain that a ram pump is just like a dc to dc converter. It creates a low speed flow with high volume and then shuts it off, the accelerated water volume does not have anywhere to go except for the smaller diameter tube, of course the laws of hydraulics say that this means higher speeds and pressures for the smaller diameter pipe. So it can pump it to higher grounds. But I doubt that there is OU in there (at least without any modifications), much of the water gets wasted. The higher the valve shutting speed, the more efficient the process, just like in dc to dc converters, where those that work on MHz range are almost 98% efficient because of the high switching speeds. I think many of us here are familiar with basic Bedini stuff, so this is the exact equal in electric terms to ram pump. OU? Maybe, but not without modifications.
                      It's better to wear off by working than to rust by doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetijs View Post
                        I have researched this for a while and I am certain that a ram pump is just like a dc to dc converter. It creates a low speed flow with high volume and then shuts it off, the accelerated water volume does not have anywhere to go except for the smaller diameter tube, of course the laws of hydraulics say that this means higher speeds and pressures for the smaller diameter pipe. So it can pump it to higher grounds. But I doubt that there is OU in there (at least without any modifications), much of the water gets wasted. The higher the valve shutting speed, the more efficient the process, just like in dc to dc converters, where those that work on MHz range are almost 98% efficient because of the high switching speeds. I think many of us here are familiar with basic Bedini stuff, so this is the exact equal in electric terms to ram pump. OU? Maybe, but not without modifications.

You are definitly right in describing a normal ram pump.....but did you read all the way through the PDF?

"This theory which was many times proved in practice and considerably augmented by the author, underlines a proof of existence of another hydrodynamic system of water acceleration i.e. a proof of existence of another water lifting device which can have no water discharge at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Armagdn03 View Post
                          You are definitly right in describing a normal ram pump.....but did you read all the way through the PDF?

"This theory which was many times proved in practice and considerably augmented by the author, underlines a proof of existence of another hydrodynamic system of water acceleration i.e. a proof of existence of another water lifting device which can have no water discharge at all."
                          Hi Andrew, yes I thought that the paper was quite explicit and very interesting, I have studied it quite a bit and see what is happening, so simple but very effective. I think that I may try building one, the input valve is the critical part, it has to work at the input and again an inch or so, a bit like a pendulum, maybe a rubber ball in a short piece of larger diameter pipe, what do you think? you could say it is a type of BEMF. The shock wave closes that valve after expending a little water back through the inlet "that would be the waste water in a normal Ram pump", the rest of the shock wave opens the secound valve until the pressure in the inlet goes to near zero, and so it repeats. Like most mechanical things there is an electrical equivalent.

Mike
                          Last edited by Michael John Nunnerley; 06-05-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I foregot to say, this works on pressure of the depth of water and not the fall of water, infact no movement of water is needed, only pressure from depth of the water, the deeper it is the more force there would be. I think that it would have to be started in some form, such as the inlet pipe was empty to start with!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X